Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing about that... 18:24 - Feb 6 with 9677 viewsNorthernr

... is it is such an un-QPR-like win.

Second best for large parts, they've got a better midfield, Armstrong is brilliant and they kept getting him into that channel, Dieng has had to make brilliant saves, backs to the wall etc etc. Probably a draw is a fair result, couldn;t have argued if we'd loss. And yet we've won, with the scrappiest goal, off a ball dropping just right at last. These are the wins we haven't been able to get over the line, your bread and butter wins that you need. You're not going to play well every week and you need to bleed a result out of a stone when you don't. We've done that today.

This has thrilled me more than Luton, Watford or Cardiff. Well done Rangers. Fcking well done.

Just wish we'd been there to roar them home through that stoppage time. Silver Lining would have sounded so sweet.
The best thing about that... on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 1668 viewsNorthernr

The best thing about that... on 19:08 - Feb 6 by bakerloo8

People like venting their spleen when we lose (ie. Me)

When we win all is rosy in the world and it's time to crack open the beers.
Enjoy the silence 🤣👌

I get it and don;t get it. I'm desperate to talk about QPR tonight, I'm so happy, I wish I was in the Crown. After things like the Derby game I just want to drink to forget, not talk to anybody about it, move on.

Posting for the first time in weeks or months to say we were fcking crap against swansea, I do not get.
The best thing about that... on 19:19 - Feb 6 with 1648 views1MoreBrightonR

I don't post loads to be fair, win or lose, but I do think people are happy to read and soak up the good feelings when we won.. When we lose, people want to express their own opinion more.

Having said that, I do appreciate that it feels like everyone comes online when we lose to have a moan.
The best thing about that... on 19:22 - Feb 6 with 1622 viewsBlackCrowe

from brfcs forum....

QPR were dreadful, but just stronger physically all over the pitch.

Been a long time since i heard that about us...good to hear.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The best thing about that... on 19:23 - Feb 6 with 1611 viewsBrixtonR

The best thing about that... on 18:37 - Feb 6 by Northernr

And I know I say this a lot but... isn;t it quiet on here tonight? Four wins out of five, clean sheets, defence improved. Two threads north of the match thread. Tumbleweeds drifting.

I get the letting off steam thing, but I do find it odd the amount of people silently waiting to pounce on our failures to prove their POV right.

I reckon that to some extent is that when we win it's easier to enjoy the glow alone, or even more so (and perhaps something that maybe explains the fewer posts phenomenon) it's easier to converse with others who have no interest in football i.e. significant others or prospective ones lol ;-) whereas when we lose you kind of want to proper vent n rant with other like-minded people before conversing with the aforementioned.
I think lockdown probably magnifies it. Or something like that lol
The best thing about that... on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 1586 viewsbakerloo8

The best thing about that... on 19:15 - Feb 6 by Northernr

I get it and don;t get it. I'm desperate to talk about QPR tonight, I'm so happy, I wish I was in the Crown. After things like the Derby game I just want to drink to forget, not talk to anybody about it, move on.

Posting for the first time in weeks or months to say we were fcking crap against swansea, I do not get.

Get what you're saying but not everyone is like you Clive 🤣

Theres nothing like a good moan when we're shite to get things off your chest. When we win all is good for the weeknd, play with the kids, watch a film, crack open the wine, life is good. Spleen need not be vented 👌. Enjoy, even the random only post when we lose formites ate as happy as u tonight 🤣
The best thing about that... on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 1591 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The best thing about that... on 19:22 - Feb 6 by BlackCrowe

from brfcs forum....

QPR were dreadful, but just stronger physically all over the pitch.

Been a long time since i heard that about us...good to hear.

Ugly wins count the same as beautiful dominating ones and we have played great stuff and lost many times .Without question Blackburn have as well its the way it goes .QPR are moving along nicely as one poster said earlier every point counts this Spring
The best thing about that... on 19:29 - Feb 6 with 1570 viewsenfieldargh

JUst back from dog walking duties.

Final 15 minutes I just kept telling myself they havnt scored so far why should they be able to now.

Extra time; 6 minutes. They had'nt been able to score in 90 so whats 6 minutes !!!

Never in doubt, Well done my team. I love you all

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The best thing about that... on 19:32 - Feb 6 with 1545 viewslondonscottish

The QPR result was so sweet. But I haven't been on here because I got distracted by the Scottish egg chasers.

Great day for me; did a PB in my charity 10k run in the morning too, before all the fun.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

The best thing about that... on 19:39 - Feb 6 with 1507 viewsGloryHunter

Will we be able to keep hold of Seny?
The best thing about that... on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 1482 viewsgazza1

We got the win by 'digging in' when the pressure was on and with a little bit of luck.

I see no reason why the squad we have could not get up in the top half of the table.....if we had some decent forwards like we did last year, and I wasn't a Hugill fan, we could be flying.
The best thing about that... on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 1477 viewshoops_legend

The best thing about that... on 19:42 - Feb 6 by gazza1

We got the win by 'digging in' when the pressure was on and with a little bit of luck.

I see no reason why the squad we have could not get up in the top half of the table.....if we had some decent forwards like we did last year, and I wasn't a Hugill fan, we could be flying.

Poor game of football but we played smart and got the 3 points. Very happy and am enjoying the football more
The best thing about that... on 19:46 - Feb 6 with 1455 viewsVancouverHoop

The best thing about that... on 19:39 - Feb 6 by GloryHunter

Will we be able to keep hold of Seny?

I'd hope so. If we're going to sell every young player on the back of one decent season then we're never going anywhere but down.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:47 - Feb 6 with 1453 viewsSteveB

[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 19:53]
The best thing about that... on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 1395 viewssupahoopsa

Reading the Blackburn forum, fabulous quote from "Exiled Rover"

The QPR commentators on iFollow are BY FAR the best I've listened to all year.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

The best thing about that... on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 1391 viewsSK_hoops

The best thing about that... on 19:42 - Feb 6 by gazza1

Charlie's a decent striker...
The best thing about that... on 20:08 - Feb 6 with 1363 viewssupahoopsa

The best thing about that... on 19:59 - Feb 6 by supahoopsa

Reading the Blackburn forum, fabulous quote from "Exiled Rover"

The QPR commentators on iFollow are BY FAR the best I've listened to all year.

Another great one liner just after we scored

"Aye Barbet is a player though."

Loving their forum and you think we're miserable bu99ers

Another quote from Exiled Rover

"Their keeper is brilliant."

Of course we know that 😃

"We’ve been dog shit. Qpr are nothing special but they’ve looked organised well drilled. "

"Why resort to lumping high balls into their box when their defence consists of 6'5" lummoxes?" 🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 20:29]

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

The best thing about that... on 20:21 - Feb 6 with 1309 viewsstevec

Like the old Gary Player quote 'the harder I work the luckier I get'.

This league is a war of attrition, even with Taraabt and Routledge, most weeks we spent 65 minutes wearing down the opposition. We are now fielding a team of established pros, that has been the difference.

We are winning physical battles, noticeable how many of their players were ending up on the deck in aerial battles that go unnoticed whilst earlier in season we gave away the sort of petulant fouls that arise when you can't physically compete.

For too long this season we had too many players out there comfortable just floating about, not doing a lot wrong but never making anything happen. A lot of them maybe too young to be thrown in at this level but one in particular who has always liked to play his own brand of carpet football. It didn't work then and it didn't work this time either.

That may have been our lucky break.
The best thing about that... on 20:35 - Feb 6 with 1268 viewsterryb

I definitely understand where your coming from.

It's reached the stage that I won't look at a message board for a few days after a defeat!

Mentioning that we were crap against Swansea. Yes we were, but some of that is down to how they didn't allow us to play & they WILL finish above Norwich this season!

I can't remember the last time that we lost without anyone going on about how bad our opponents have been. The same applies to other club's fans when we win! Sometimes, the performance/result is due to the other side being better on the day & deserving their sucess.
The best thing about that... on 20:38 - Feb 6 with 1262 viewsCiderwithRsie

We all need to let off steam after a bad match, we've all lost our tempers in the heat of the moment in a match. Also, when we're bad we all want to say what we think needs fixing, there's less to say after a win except "well done" or pick out MoTM.

What gets my goat is that whereas loads of people on here tonight have previously criticised the manager and individual players but are willing to say "credit where it's due" there's tumbleweed from some posters who decided up to a year ago that the manager and certain players were no good. It's got so that I don't want to read those posters any more, not because they don't have valid views, but because if I'm reading them it means we've been sh*te and I prefer it when we're not.

It's specially obvious that a year ago there was a valid criticism of Warbsball that you can't concede 2 goals a game and hope to score 3, that the basis of a winning side is the defence, yet when we stopped scoring but got tighter in defence that was treated as a crisis of not being able to score instead of the first step to where we are now
The best thing about that... on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 1220 viewsHantsR

If I were there with you, drinks would be on me Clive!

...actually, I don't think I'd be able to afford that tonight, not even sure even if I can afford my own celebratory alcohol. Urrrrs!
The best thing about that... on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 1202 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@NorthernR

"I'm desperate to talk about QPR tonight"

Most interesting subject for me is what happens to the defence when we remove Geoff Cameron?

In fact what happens QPR when we remove Geoff Cameron?

He's like our comfort blanket.

What happenned to Linus when he grew up?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The best thing about that... on 20:59 - Feb 6 with 1186 viewsterryb

The best thing about that... on 20:55 - Feb 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

@NorthernR

Most interesting subject for me is what happens to the defence when we remove Geoff Cameron?

I'm pleased he brings you comfort.

Personally, he leaves me cold!
The best thing about that... on 20:59 - Feb 6 with 1181 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Call me petty if you like, but I totally get a bonus bit of joy knowing a QPR win gives a few posters the hump.
The best thing about that... on 21:02 - Feb 6 with 1169 viewshantssi

The best thing about that... on 20:35 - Feb 6 by terryb

I definitely understand where your coming from.

It's reached the stage that I won't look at a message board for a few days after a defeat!

Mentioning that we were crap against Swansea. Yes we were, but some of that is down to how they didn't allow us to play & they WILL finish above Norwich this season!

I can't remember the last time that we lost without anyone going on about how bad our opponents have been. The same applies to other club's fans when we win! Sometimes, the performance/result is due to the other side being better on the day & deserving their sucess.

Talking about this, where’s Stainrods?!
The best thing about that... on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 1138 viewsaston_hoop

The best thing about that... on 20:55 - Feb 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

@NorthernR

Dom Ball could do Cameron's job. But then who is going to do Dom Ball's job? I bloody love Dom Ball, he does it for all of us people who's approach to playing football is limited but determined. Albeit, he obviously can play otherwise he wouldnt be.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024