Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing about that... 18:24 - Feb 6 with 9678 viewsNorthernr

... is it is such an un-QPR-like win.

Second best for large parts, they've got a better midfield, Armstrong is brilliant and they kept getting him into that channel, Dieng has had to make brilliant saves, backs to the wall etc etc. Probably a draw is a fair result, couldn;t have argued if we'd loss. And yet we've won, with the scrappiest goal, off a ball dropping just right at last. These are the wins we haven't been able to get over the line, your bread and butter wins that you need. You're not going to play well every week and you need to bleed a result out of a stone when you don't. We've done that today.

This has thrilled me more than Luton, Watford or Cardiff. Well done Rangers. Fcking well done.

Just wish we'd been there to roar them home through that stoppage time. Silver Lining would have sounded so sweet.
The best thing about that... on 21:07 - Feb 6 with 1623 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The best thing about that... on 21:06 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

Dom Ball could do Cameron's job. But then who is going to do Dom Ball's job? I bloody love Dom Ball, he does it for all of us people who's approach to playing football is limited but determined. Albeit, he obviously can play otherwise he wouldnt be.

Dom Ball only just behind Dieng for POTY for me (so far)
The best thing about that... on 21:10 - Feb 6 with 1617 viewssilky

Can we please just let Warburton get on with it now. He’s shown he’s capable enough to turn things around. It’s amazing what patience can achieve. He’s still learning his trade just like the players. If we are happy to let players develop we should also be happy to let the manager develop alongside them. Providing that we don’t seriously slide out of control that is.
He’s monotone, cliche a plenty, not much of a character but there is something special there for me that works for QPR.

Winning ugly will breed so much confidence into this team. I openly stated I wasn’t happy with the Austin signing. To me it looked like a classic QPR of old signing to please the fans but I’m well and truly eating humble pie and I don’t mind taking a second helping of it if this team continues in the same vein.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 21:12]

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

The best thing about that... on 21:17 - Feb 6 with 1582 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The best thing about that... on 21:06 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

Dom Ball could do Cameron's job. But then who is going to do Dom Ball's job? I bloody love Dom Ball, he does it for all of us people who's approach to playing football is limited but determined. Albeit, he obviously can play otherwise he wouldnt be.

What is Camerons job? I'm not sure I can define it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The best thing about that... on 21:22 - Feb 6 with 1547 viewsaston_hoop

The best thing about that... on 21:17 - Feb 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

What is Camerons job? I'm not sure I can define it.

Well, he just kind of stands there and convinces opposition attackers that due to his big frame they would be better off passing it to someone else? doesnt he? something like that? I dont know

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The best thing about that... on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 1504 viewsMyke

A 'horrible' win Not an oxymoron but a comment on how far we have come. We often get beaten like this and it is very sweet to come out on top of such a tussle. Wallace really good today and I think we need to be cautious about been overly critical of any of our players. Yes, he should have cleared the ball before Watford's penalty the other night, but he finished the game really strongly and did very well again today. Todd Kane, his off-target effort notwithstanding, was solid also and of course Dieng and Dickie excellent (although I feared the worse when Armstrong roasted him before cutting it back). To have shaved 20 goals off our 'against' column is a hell of an achievement - and very necessary given our reduction at the other end. A good day all round
The best thing about that... on 21:47 - Feb 6 with 1451 viewspaulparker

The best thing about that... on 20:59 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Call me petty if you like, but I totally get a bonus bit of joy knowing a QPR win gives a few posters the hump.

Why would QPR winning give fans the hump ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The best thing about that... on 21:52 - Feb 6 with 1435 viewsrobith

Back in December we lose that game 2-0.

I'm a Warburton fan and thought it pointless making a change. But back when everyone was baying for blood I thought it was inevitable that he would be sacked. That energy just doesn't get turned around.

The Cardiff game showed to me though that he'd never lost the players - when we failed it cos we weren't good not that we weren't trying. Seeing Cardiff letting their boss get sacked put that into sharp relief.

And now here we are. Charlie clearly has given everyone a massive lift - in a way signing a big talismanic player has taken pressure off people and perversely allowed them breathing space to perform. But Warbz made some key changes in formation and has coached an improvement in players.

Its a first step and We can still do better, but the sense of impending doom has passed
The best thing about that... on 21:58 - Feb 6 with 1403 viewsLongsufferingR

The best thing about that... on 20:55 - Feb 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

@NorthernR

"I'm desperate to talk about QPR tonight"

Most interesting subject for me is what happens to the defence when we remove Geoff Cameron?

In fact what happens QPR when we remove Geoff Cameron?

He's like our comfort blanket.

What happenned to Linus when he grew up?

Isn't that where De Wijs comes in? I'm sure when we get back to playing twice a week shortly, Cameron won't be playing every game
Login to get fewer ads

The best thing about that... on 22:00 - Feb 6 with 1401 viewsAntti_Heinola

The best thing about that... on 21:47 - Feb 6 by paulparker

i think he means some people love a moan more than a win?

Bare bones.

The best thing about that... on 22:02 - Feb 6 with 1392 viewsqprxtc

I like it when QPR win football games . It’s why they keep a score and you get points for it. I go t like it when they don’t get any points at all.

The performance is usually irrelevant. Wins are better than not wins.

I’d love to be in a pub right now celebrating this. I think the neighbours are getting cheesed off with me playing Rangers Rangers you are the best out the window at 2am now.

I thought we did enough to win today. Blackburn deserved what they got. I don’t think we’ll go down.

But talking about this in a pub right now and then realising it’s your round and the wife told you to get your Arsenal home an hour ago. Happy daze.

Not sure this makes sense. I had a point somewhere.
The best thing about that... on 22:11 - Feb 6 with 1352 viewsGroveR

The best thing about that... on 21:34 - Feb 6 by Myke

A 'horrible' win Not an oxymoron but a comment on how far we have come. We often get beaten like this and it is very sweet to come out on top of such a tussle. Wallace really good today and I think we need to be cautious about been overly critical of any of our players. Yes, he should have cleared the ball before Watford's penalty the other night, but he finished the game really strongly and did very well again today. Todd Kane, his off-target effort notwithstanding, was solid also and of course Dieng and Dickie excellent (although I feared the worse when Armstrong roasted him before cutting it back). To have shaved 20 goals off our 'against' column is a hell of an achievement - and very necessary given our reduction at the other end. A good day all round

So impressed with Dickie as Armstrong will roast most centre-halfs in this league but that was the only time he really got a run on him. We know he's good on the ball and good in the air and if he's not the fastest the fact his arm went up to pull him back but he didn't shows his decision making is improving.

I'm all for a cheeky foul to stop a counter but Armstrong has acres to run into there and you wouldn't have put a straight red past that oompa loompa in the middle today. Dickie's had a split second to decide and he's got it right.
The best thing about that... on 22:13 - Feb 6 with 1335 viewspaulparker

The best thing about that... on 22:00 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

i think he means some people love a moan more than a win?

We are doing well & credit to Warburton for sorting out the defence and getting this team to scrap a few wins
But we as fans have a right to question when it’s going wrong and for large parts of this season and last it hasn’t gone well at all it’s been done to death the signings & contract situations of certain players and we as a club cannot make these mistakes , so fans will make their voices heard and quite right , when posters like ted & Dave B question things then you know we are in trouble
I’m chuffed as a dog with two d1cks we have won the last two games, I want us to be competitive
And I want us to progress and stay up
Anyway Rotherham is another big game they are in form and so are we , win this and we truly will be putting daylight between us and the relegation places

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The best thing about that... on 22:18 - Feb 6 with 1322 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The best thing about that... on 21:58 - Feb 6 by LongsufferingR

Isn't that where De Wijs comes in? I'm sure when we get back to playing twice a week shortly, Cameron won't be playing every game

I've not (knowingly) seen De Wijs play. Unless all our players manage to stay fit over the next run of fixtures we'll definitely get to see him at some point. Wasn't even on the bench today, while Cameron was doing his thing.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The best thing about that... on 22:20 - Feb 6 with 1306 viewsaston_hoop

The best thing about that... on 19:22 - Feb 6 by BlackCrowe

from brfcs forum....

QPR were dreadful, but just stronger physically all over the pitch.

Been a long time since i heard that about us...good to hear.

Well I have just discovered the great joy of reading their match thread! https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34778-qpr-away-mercer%E2%80%99s-wine-club/pag

The best thing about that... on 22:25 - Feb 6 with 1290 viewsjoe90

The best thing about that... on 18:32 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

I wouldn't call it jammy. Had the performances and score been reversed, the team would've been destroyed on here. I thought we defended well and other than the free kick and that one Dieng save / Dickie block and Dieng's rare error, I wasn't unduly worried, weirdly. Kane should've scored first half and Chair was as effective as Armstrong imo. Speaking of which, that lad works his ass off for the team. 92nd minute he sprinted back to help out Wallace. Incredible energy levels.

Keep saying this, but Barbet really is playing well at the moment. And Warburton deserves real credit for doing what everyone said he couldn't do: organise a defence and grind out results.

Patience.

Spot on.
The best thing about that... on 22:34 - Feb 6 with 1245 viewsAntti_Heinola

The best thing about that... on 22:13 - Feb 6 by paulparker

We are doing well & credit to Warburton for sorting out the defence and getting this team to scrap a few wins
But we as fans have a right to question when it’s going wrong and for large parts of this season and last it hasn’t gone well at all it’s been done to death the signings & contract situations of certain players and we as a club cannot make these mistakes , so fans will make their voices heard and quite right , when posters like ted & Dave B question things then you know we are in trouble
I’m chuffed as a dog with two d1cks we have won the last two games, I want us to be competitive
Anyway Rotherham is another big game they are in form and so are we , win this and we truly will be putting daylight between us and the relegation places

Not arguing with any of that.
Just answered your question!
Glad you're happy!

Bare bones.

The best thing about that... on 22:42 - Feb 6 with 1214 viewsVancouverHoop

The best thing about that... on 22:20 - Feb 6 by aston_hoop

Well I have just discovered the great joy of reading their match thread! https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34778-qpr-away-mercer%E2%80%99s-wine-club/pag

You could cut and paste most of that thread right here when we lose. Only the names would change.
The best thing about that... on 23:04 - Feb 6 with 1159 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The best thing about that... on 21:47 - Feb 6 by paulparker

You'll have to ask them!
The best thing about that... on 23:07 - Feb 6 with 1149 viewsaston_hoop

The best thing about that... on 22:42 - Feb 6 by VancouverHoop

You could cut and paste most of that thread right here when we lose. Only the names would change.

yep! something re-assuring about the fact that it aint just us!

The best thing about that... on 23:18 - Feb 6 with 1118 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be clear i'm not talking about pessimism or being cynical, and i'm not talking about you.

I just hate the crowing when we lose from some. It rubbing salt in the wound from someone who as a QPR fan should know better.

Usually comes in the form of a 10 paragraph essay at 1646. Very much 'I told you so' rather than 'fck sake we lost because because of XYZ'.

Equally, i'm sure happy clapping is very irritating but I know which I prefer.
The best thing about that... on 23:38 - Feb 6 with 1068 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I think we can question things when we are not performing on or off the park.

I feel so much happier when we are playing well and getting results to match.
It has been quite a turnaround in our past 5 games.
Well Done to the players and management.

We still have work to do but it is heading in the right direction.
The 3 centre halves, experienced loan signings Charlie and Johansen have helped.
Dieng is a top class goalkeeper- huge difference compared with last season.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

U R’s
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 23:40]
The best thing about that... on 23:48 - Feb 6 with 1042 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Give me a scrappy 1 nil win over a plucky defeat any day of the week. It's gritty wins like this that show real character, unity and progression.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 0:00]
The best thing about that... on 23:52 - Feb 6 with 1022 viewsNorthernr

Agree with all of that, but after four wins in a month you watch and see all the fresh faces next week if and when we lose to Rotherham. Strange behaviour, like they’re glad of a defeat to prove their point.
The best thing about that... on 23:55 - Feb 6 with 1016 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,
is website traffic up with our improved form and Charlie back?
It seems busier.
Cheers,
James
The best thing about that... on 00:19 - Feb 7 with 976 viewsactonman

Criticism of Warbs was fair and just as everybody could see his failings but he was too stubborn to change.
It’s only when his rrrs was truly on the line that we dropped the Barcelona keep ball football and started to play to get results not possession stats .

Fair play and I for one am happy that he has shown he can change his philosophy to get the results needed .

When we know how to win ugly , we can start playing pretty again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024