Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane Team Man... 20:26 - Mar 20 with 21476 viewsFrankRightguard

Not a good look this

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 6053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't see too much wrong with this. It's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. It's good that he has confidence and I'm sure Kakay thinks that he is a better player than Kane.

He's not insulting Kakay in any way, he even says "no disrespect".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:43 - Mar 20 with 6033 viewsFrankRightguard

Could have phrased it very differently. I usually find if someone says no disrespect it’s because they are about to be disrespectful. It’s poor.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:44 - Mar 20 with 6012 viewsMedwayR

My problem is the misplaced arrogance. If he knows the game inside out he’s been keeping it well hidden on the pitch.

Poll: Who’s better?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:46 - Mar 20 with 5992 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any context to this? Is this on TV or a conversation he thought was private?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:50 - Mar 20 with 5945 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:46 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good question.

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:50 - Mar 20 with 5946 viewsFrankRightguard

It was on a zoom interview that has been pulled. I forget the name of the site it was on. Wasn’t up for long at all.

It was rgeneration.net FYI
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:52]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:56 - Mar 20 with 5875 viewskarl

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:50 - Mar 20 by FrankRightguard

It was on a zoom interview that has been pulled. I forget the name of the site it was on. Wasn’t up for long at all.

There's an arrogance and/or confidence a player, certainly of average ability, has to have I think.
Football is a horrible world where the nice guys get swallowed up, if Todd Kane doesn't say he's a good player who else will speak up for him?
The one thing lockdown has taught me is not to watch or listen to these Zoom interviews podcast type things with candid player chats, full of bravado and spilling dressing room secrets. I've not enjoyed them as it turns out I don't like the vast majority of footballers 😂
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:57 - Mar 20 with 5859 viewsted_hendrix

Stays in the dressing room is my motto.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:58 - Mar 20 with 5848 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:56 - Mar 20 by karl

There's an arrogance and/or confidence a player, certainly of average ability, has to have I think.
Football is a horrible world where the nice guys get swallowed up, if Todd Kane doesn't say he's a good player who else will speak up for him?
The one thing lockdown has taught me is not to watch or listen to these Zoom interviews podcast type things with candid player chats, full of bravado and spilling dressing room secrets. I've not enjoyed them as it turns out I don't like the vast majority of footballers 😂

I've been bingeing this exact thing for a year haha.

If it's not your thing, avoid Under The Cosh!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:00 - Mar 20 with 5830 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:46 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was an interview done with R Generation, a start up site run by and for young lads and budding QPR writers, journalists etc. It's a great idea, well executed, by a lad called Sam Taylor who deserves enormous credit for getting it up and running and persevering with it.

This is all on Kane, he was well aware it was a recorded interview. The actual wider quote is far worse, talking about how he was going to go to Sheff Utd for £13m while Osman has been playing Scottish football on loan. The lads were given an interview, the player has gone off on an arrogant tangent, they've now been asked to take the interview down, but the clip has gone viral. I feel for them.

Kane was quoted in The S*n last week saying similar stuff. That he's way better than this, that he could have gone to Dortmund, that Sheff Utd wanted to pay £13m for him. It's this classic modern day academy attitude: you're told you're God from the age of 12, you're on five figures by 17, you never play any proper football, you get laoned into neutral territory, but the "academy education" superiority complex is real. I'm surprised they give him out for interviews because he's obviously thick as sht.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:02 - Mar 20 with 5809 viewsFrankRightguard

Nothing wrong with having confidence in your own ability. There’s a way to express that confidence though isn’t there? “I am a better player than Ozzy”, he probably is but why not say, “there is competition for places but I’ve every confidence in my ability”. Same sentiment but not expressed in such a way as to make yourself look like a pillock. As it is, a player with not much credit in the bank with the fans burns some more of it.

I don’t think may tears will flow if he gets binned in the summer. Deeply average.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:02 - Mar 20 with 5803 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:44 - Mar 20 by MedwayR

My problem is the misplaced arrogance. If he knows the game inside out he’s been keeping it well hidden on the pitch.

I think he’s a clever player personally. He’s not an obvious athlete.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 5787 viewsCiderwithRsie

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:43 - Mar 20 by FrankRightguard

Could have phrased it very differently. I usually find if someone says no disrespect it’s because they are about to be disrespectful. It’s poor.

"With respect" always means "I have no respect for you at all."

See also "I'm not trying to be funny" etc etc.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 5784 viewsFrankRightguard

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:00 - Mar 20 by Northernr

It was an interview done with R Generation, a start up site run by and for young lads and budding QPR writers, journalists etc. It's a great idea, well executed, by a lad called Sam Taylor who deserves enormous credit for getting it up and running and persevering with it.

This is all on Kane, he was well aware it was a recorded interview. The actual wider quote is far worse, talking about how he was going to go to Sheff Utd for £13m while Osman has been playing Scottish football on loan. The lads were given an interview, the player has gone off on an arrogant tangent, they've now been asked to take the interview down, but the clip has gone viral. I feel for them.

Kane was quoted in The S*n last week saying similar stuff. That he's way better than this, that he could have gone to Dortmund, that Sheff Utd wanted to pay £13m for him. It's this classic modern day academy attitude: you're told you're God from the age of 12, you're on five figures by 17, you never play any proper football, you get laoned into neutral territory, but the "academy education" superiority complex is real. I'm surprised they give him out for interviews because he's obviously thick as sht.

Only seen the clip, not the whole thing, was gone before I got to see it.

I hope that Kakay starting today was a direct reaction to this. Knock him down a peg or two.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 5773 viewspaulparker

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:00 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Could have gone to Dortmund!!!!

What as a ball boy ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 with 5736 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:02 - Mar 20 by FrankRightguard

Nothing wrong with having confidence in your own ability. There’s a way to express that confidence though isn’t there? “I am a better player than Ozzy”, he probably is but why not say, “there is competition for places but I’ve every confidence in my ability”. Same sentiment but not expressed in such a way as to make yourself look like a pillock. As it is, a player with not much credit in the bank with the fans burns some more of it.

I don’t think may tears will flow if he gets binned in the summer. Deeply average.

The full quote verbatim before they took it down was...

Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been greta but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 with 5735 viewskarl

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:58 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I've been bingeing this exact thing for a year haha.

If it's not your thing, avoid Under The Cosh!

I'm avoiding them all Baz, I watched Clint on Si Ferry one and definitely liked him less so its put me right off.

Norf is right, anyone saying Scottish football is a step down is a fool.
Have I got that right mate? 😂
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:10 - Mar 20 with 5711 viewsaston_hoop

Sheff U dodged a bullet there. £13 million? He's an adequate championship right wing back. Sometimes he can cross, often not. Sometimes he can defend, sometimes not. He at least is very good at staying fit. If he was any better than sharing the position with Kakay, he would be.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:11 - Mar 20 with 5696 viewskarl

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been greta but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."

If he'd have left Kakay out of it then it's not the worst comments but it's certainly crass putting down someone else's career for sure.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:11 - Mar 20 with 5690 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 by Northernr

That's better than the snippet in my opinion, but still incredibly unwise.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:12 - Mar 20 with 5684 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:50 - Mar 20 by FrankRightguard

Apologies.

Didn't realise it was an interview.

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:13 - Mar 20 with 5680 viewsextratimeR

I read his interview in a Sunday newspaper recently and remember thinking a lot of the content would have been better kept to himself, particularly as he has had a decent/ hardworking season.

The reason I was surprised at the content was that he is currently playing in a side which is going to be as good as it gets for Todd.

I would suggest a period of reflection before commenting on what might have been with Chelsea.

( And no, he isn't a better player than Issy, and is never likely to be, Issy had done well at Centre Half last year, full back and wing back, and is quite nifty when required).
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:13 - Mar 20 with 5680 viewsdmm

That both goals Millwall scored against us last Wednesday were down to Kane's mistakes and that he was benched today in favour of Kakay is rather telling don't you think?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:13 - Mar 20 with 5675 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:11 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

That's better than the snippet in my opinion, but still incredibly unwise.

He's thick, even by footballer standards.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:14 - Mar 20 with 5666 viewsFrankRightguard

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:11 - Mar 20 by karl

If he'd have left Kakay out of it then it's not the worst comments but it's certainly crass putting down someone else's career for sure.

Exactly my point. Not a lot going on between the ears with Toddy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024