Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane Team Man... 20:26 - Mar 20 with 21608 viewsFrankRightguard

Not a good look this

Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:08 - Mar 21 with 3183 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:28 - Mar 21 by ridethewave

“Possibly arrogance but he’s not wrong.”

I think he’s wrong, mate. On yesterday’s evidence at the least, I didn’t see a single area Kakay looked deficient in compared with Kane. In fact, I thought he was a great improvement in ever aspect of that position. He took players on, he delivered most of his crosses into the box, he didn’t give the ball away needlessly, he defended well (remember as wel he was up against one of the best players in the division).

and thats fair enough, neither of them are outstanding so i'd hazard a guess if you got 10 fans in a room 5 would say Kane is better and the other 5 Kakay.

I'm not really trying to defend or attack Kane here, just offering some context into what he said.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 23:10]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:27 - Mar 21 with 3133 viewsPeterHucker

I think we should end Todd Kane's contract for bringing the club into disrepute.
Nothing to do with this interview, I mean for that rancid TikTok dancing that was doing the rounds a while back.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 00:06 - Mar 22 with 3081 viewsnumptydumpty

Seeing he had death threats - that if true should be a criminal matter - end of.

This clip from a video interview looks ill advised but also points out the fact that we don't employ footballers for their personalities.

All this says to me is Todd Kane is unlikely to have a career in management following his playing days and also did we really receive a £13 million bid from Sheffield United - got to be a Pinocchio nose grower that one - surely.

Sheffield United - Todd Kane is available for you - we already got a decent alternative in Kakay - they can have him.

Tbf I stood up for Kane after the hands in ears statement and perhaps to succeed in the game players have to have some arrogance but as long as it is not misplaced.

He is an ok player at this level - Kakay has shown promise - I find Kakay has bundles energy but often gets bit carried away and ends up too far forward and out of position but he still learning his game and he hopefully can push on and I feel he personally could.

Kane is at his level but he should not be relied on all the time as the attacking outlet which often this is what seems to happen as his crossing is erratic - sometimes though he puts in a worldy.

If he feels he better than Kakay he is entitled but what level was he at a few years ago.

Obviously diplomacy is not his thing !!!!!!!!!!

As a player he is ok - good engine etc ...

All this shows to me is he should stay away from cameras .

We dont employ footballers for their qualities as a human being - or whether they help out their elderly neighbour with her shopping - we employ them as they meant to have abilities kicking a ball around.

I was considered a nice decent well behaved chap when I was younger but catch me on a night out and video my comments to whoever caught my eye at the time then quite a few may have called me a prick, dick or worse !!!!

All this says to me is Todd Kane is not going to have a career as a pundit in years to come...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Todd Kane Team Man... on 00:24 - Mar 22 with 3057 viewsLythamR

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:52 - Mar 21 by daveB

context is everything, Kane getting slated for 9 seconds of a 30 minute interview. You could take 9 seconds of recent Austin interviews and use it against him as well

I read the report the r generation guys wrote on the interview but didn't get a chance to watch it before it was taken down.

To give context to what he said he spoke about how disappointed he was with himself last season, he never really settled and he said his performances were poor. He knew he could play better and lost his place to Kakay who he felt he was better than but accepted he wasn't playing well enough to justify that so he worked hard on his game and has managed to get himself closer to the performances he expects of himself. He said if he played at the level he can he knows he is a better player than Kakay. Possibly arrogance but he's not wrong.

He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 21:55]

so who was responsible for that clip then and what was the motive, I think Kane was wrong to say what he did disparaging Kakay regardless of anything else but perhaps some fingers should be pointed at those responsible for creating the clip and posting it.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 01:13 - Mar 22 with 3037 viewsDavieQPR

Kakay is a better FB whereas Kane is a better WB.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 07:38 - Mar 22 with 2923 viewsdistortR

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:57 - Mar 21 by ted_hendrix

*He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.*

I'm not on any other forum or anything else for that matter, So I was unaware of any death threats to Todd Kane or his family, that's really quite dreadful.

unreal, isn't it? Depressing really, what the mediocre do with anonymity.

R'sholes.

I didn't like his calling out Kakay, but got why he did the fingers in the ears things, though I don't think it helps.

for what it's worth, I think he's the best right back at the club right now and takes undue flack for his performances.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:47 - Mar 22 with 2839 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 by Northernr

The full quote verbatim before they took it down was...

Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been greta but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."

Do Sheff Utd still want to pay £13M? If so text me your address Toddy my boy and ill pick you up and drop you off myself. Ill even bring the sandwiches for the trip up there. F*ck me, there's delusional and then there's Todd Kane!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:56 - Mar 22 with 2804 viewsgazza1

I am sure that Todd knows that he has 'dropped a bollock', if he doesn't then he really is a complete and utter idiot. He should not have done it in the public eye. He is 27, still a boy really, still learning in life, so perhaps we should give him some slack. It is nothing to do with football really.

PS - I am sure we have all made bad errors in our time, I have and I am sure 99% of us have but I hope we have learnt from the errors that we have made in life..
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:28 - Mar 22 with 2735 viewsTheChef

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone know when the interview was recorded?

I got the impression it was a few months ago rather than in the last few days.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:31 - Mar 22 with 2729 viewsNorthernr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:28 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Sorry if I missed it but does anyone know when the interview was recorded?

I got the impression it was a few months ago rather than in the last few days.

Last week.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 2719 viewsTheChef

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:31 - Mar 22 by Northernr

Last week.

Ah.

Strange then how he mentions Kakay being in front of him, when until Saturday he'd been a constant in the starting eleven for like three months.

Of course the clip doesn't make it clear what question he was asked. But then this just looks like your average social media sht stirring.

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:26 - Mar 22 with 2653 viewsngbqpr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:31 - Mar 22 by Northernr

Last week.

All the more of a shame that he couldn't focus on having been first choice for 3 months.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:33 - Mar 22 with 2635 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:35 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Ah.

Strange then how he mentions Kakay being in front of him, when until Saturday he'd been a constant in the starting eleven for like three months.

Of course the clip doesn't make it clear what question he was asked. But then this just looks like your average social media sht stirring.

The Kakay bit was talking about his form last season and the first half of this year saying that he was nowhere near his best and deservedly out of the side but knew if he got his form back he beleived he was a better player than him
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:41 - Mar 22 with 2619 viewsMaggsinho

I'm not keen on this being aired so openly by Kane Isn't a lot of this outrage because it's an unpopular player? If it had been say, Dieng talking about being out on loan last season and he thinks he's a better keeper than Lumley who was still here would there have been the same reaction?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:52 - Mar 22 with 2586 viewsTheChef

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:33 - Mar 22 by daveB

The Kakay bit was talking about his form last season and the first half of this year saying that he was nowhere near his best and deservedly out of the side but knew if he got his form back he beleived he was a better player than him

Cheers Dave, fair enough.

Like I say you take these clips out of context, it just looks like sht stirring for no obvious reason.

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:30 - Mar 22 with 2469 viewsbakerloo8

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:41 - Mar 22 by Maggsinho

I'm not keen on this being aired so openly by Kane Isn't a lot of this outrage because it's an unpopular player? If it had been say, Dieng talking about being out on loan last season and he thinks he's a better keeper than Lumley who was still here would there have been the same reaction?

My guess is people would say Dieng was an ass-hole for saying it but he would be correct in the fact that he is kiles better in his position than Lumley.

Kane has been an ass hole and hes certainly not next level to Lakay.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:56 - Mar 22 with 2383 viewssimmo

None of this would be close to an issue if he was as good as he thinks he is, or played like it.

He's been about bang average over his time with us and in and out the team because of that. Warbs always preaches about competition for places being so important and that's true, you need blades to sharpen each other, but pointedly digging out a younger youth team graduate when you're not exactly the Championship Cafu is unnecessary and reeks of arrogance. You're a Championship right back and most of the time you barely play at that level, so give your head a wobble.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 2375 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:52 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Cheers Dave, fair enough.

Like I say you take these clips out of context, it just looks like sht stirring for no obvious reason.

It's certainly started a new witch hunt, at least Dykes is getting a break for a week
Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:44 - Mar 22 with 2242 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:58 - Mar 22 by daveB

It's certainly started a new witch hunt, at least Dykes is getting a break for a week

Indeed - nearly 150 posts and nearly all of them having a go at one of our own, still I suppose while the results are good we have to find somewhere/someone for our angst!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:58 - Mar 22 with 2200 viewsPhildo

Cant believe there is stick or people questioning motive over the interviewers. Those ill advised words came out of his gob no one else- although I do think its a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Prince Andrew - another who was not bright enough to sensibly be allowed to open his north and south - can hardly blame newsnight for allowing him to talk balls on telly.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 19:21 - Mar 22 with 2093 viewsngbqpr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:44 - Mar 22 by PinnerPaul

Indeed - nearly 150 posts and nearly all of them having a go at one of our own, still I suppose while the results are good we have to find somewhere/someone for our angst!

There's a lot of middle ground between "having a go at one of our own" and saying it's a fuss about nothing.

I'd guess a majority fall somewhere in that middle ground, mostly around the "shame he felt the need to say that in public" line - as I said earlier, hardly pitchforks time.

And of course "having a go at one of our own" is exactly what Kane did himself.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 02:31 - Mar 23 with 1930 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:56 - Mar 22 by gazza1

I am sure that Todd knows that he has 'dropped a bollock', if he doesn't then he really is a complete and utter idiot. He should not have done it in the public eye. He is 27, still a boy really, still learning in life, so perhaps we should give him some slack. It is nothing to do with football really.

PS - I am sure we have all made bad errors in our time, I have and I am sure 99% of us have but I hope we have learnt from the errors that we have made in life..

27, a boy? He's a grown man who "knows the game inside out" so he should know better.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 17:05]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:26 - Mar 24 with 1630 viewsfrancisbowles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:52 - Mar 21 by daveB

context is everything, Kane getting slated for 9 seconds of a 30 minute interview. You could take 9 seconds of recent Austin interviews and use it against him as well

I read the report the r generation guys wrote on the interview but didn't get a chance to watch it before it was taken down.

To give context to what he said he spoke about how disappointed he was with himself last season, he never really settled and he said his performances were poor. He knew he could play better and lost his place to Kakay who he felt he was better than but accepted he wasn't playing well enough to justify that so he worked hard on his game and has managed to get himself closer to the performances he expects of himself. He said if he played at the level he can he knows he is a better player than Kakay. Possibly arrogance but he's not wrong.

He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 21:55]

Thanks for posting daveB. It helps to have the context. I had to reread my own comments to make sure that I hadn't posted anything, based on the 9 second clip and Clive's longer quote, that might be too harsh. Actually, I had stuck to saying he was deluded with talk of £13 million, that he should be better than Osman, that there wasn't a 'fag paper' between them and that his comments were unwise and may have been ill advised from a greedy agent.

The thing about the context though, is that it definitely softens the attitude thing. It puts it in a more 'soul searching' introspection mode, that he is/was disappointed with his performance and felt he should do better. Nothing wrong with that.

It does make me wonder though the reason behind Kakay's recall last January, whereas Hamalainen who was getting much better reviews, at a much higher level was left in situ.
If I remember correctly we only had Manning and a mostly unfit/poor performing Wallace at left back so were almost as exposed there as at rb. Was MW so dissatified with Kane that he recalled Kakay and made it known to Kane that he would have to step up or he would lose his place?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:13 - Mar 24 with 1454 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kane Team Man... on 19:21 - Mar 22 by ngbqpr

There's a lot of middle ground between "having a go at one of our own" and saying it's a fuss about nothing.

I'd guess a majority fall somewhere in that middle ground, mostly around the "shame he felt the need to say that in public" line - as I said earlier, hardly pitchforks time.

And of course "having a go at one of our own" is exactly what Kane did himself.

Saying he thought he was a better player than Kakay is hardly having a go.

If you think the 9 seconds of a 30 minute interview deserves everything on this thread, then fair enough, but seems complete nonsense to me.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:40 - Mar 24 with 1402 viewscolinallcars

Todd Kane Team Man... on 02:31 - Mar 23 by Benny_the_Ball

27, a boy? He's a grown man who "knows the game inside out" so he should know better.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 17:05]

My dad was sweeping mines when he was 27.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024