Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane Team Man... 20:26 - Mar 20 with 21609 viewsFrankRightguard

Not a good look this

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:49 - Mar 20 with 3501 viewsMatch82

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:17 - Mar 20 by Ned_Kennedys

So let’s get the pitchforks out and form a baying mob shall we?
If he keeps putting the effort in on the pitch then there’s no issue IMO, he IS currently better than Kakay. And if we sold him for £13m then everyone’s a winner!

I might be being dense here, but at what point did anyone bid 13m for him? Surely not when he was playing for us?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:52 - Mar 20 with 3477 viewsCamberleyR

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:49 - Mar 20 by Match82

I might be being dense here, but at what point did anyone bid 13m for him? Surely not when he was playing for us?

13 million Zimbabwe dollars.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:20 - Mar 20 with 3213 viewsSuffolk

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:15 - Mar 20 by stevec

Can’t stand John Fashanu, total thug, but recall him saying ‘any pro footballer who doesn’t think he’s the best player at the club isn’t a pro footballer’.

These blokes have to have total belief in themselves, so I’d cut Kane some slack however it sounds.

If he walks like a knob and talks like a knob - he's a knob.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:26 - Mar 20 with 3126 viewsHunterhoop

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 20 by Northernr

The full quote verbatim before they took it down was...

Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been greta but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."

Pillock.

Reeks of a Chelsea-esque arrogance.

He’s not the smartest or most articulate; fair enough, most footballers aren’t. But the sentiment is clear, and it’s unhelpful and misplaced.

Kane may “have been” a better player than a Kakay in the past. He may be capable of being a much better player than Kakay in the future. At present, there is very, very little between them.

In fact, I personally prefer Kakay, because he doesn’t fcuk up 75% of his crosses.

In all seriousness, I do think Kane reads the game better and is positionally stronger. And, tbf, he works hard. BUT, I think Kakay has way more natural talent. Better with the ball at feet, better crosser, faster, stronger, much better in the air. I feel Kakay has a higher ceiling if coached better.

Besides, if anyone’s willing to offer £3m to us, let alone £13m for Todd, we’re selling. So best he learns a bit of humility soon.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:29 - Mar 20 with 3100 viewsrsonist

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:49 - Mar 20 by Match82

In this bitter whinge last month he said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14181181/chelsea-wonderkid-todd-kane-loa

“I was at Hull on loan and Chris Wilder had been talking to me on the phone about me going there. It had all been agreed but Chelsea submitted the paperwork too late because they were busy getting the Gonzalo Higuaín loan from Juventus across the line first."

So supposedly Blades bid £13m for a 25 year old career loanee six months before contract expiry and then didn't go back in for him when he was free. Sure Todd, seems legit.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:37 - Mar 20 with 3028 viewsVancouverHoop

He's lucky there are no fans at matches, because he'd be hearing about his £13 million transfer-that-never-happened, every time he misplayed a cross or pass.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:43 - Mar 20 with 3002 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If he could cross the ball he'd be worth £30m.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:55 - Mar 20 with 2941 viewsRangersw12

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:00 - Mar 20 by Northernr

It was an interview done with R Generation, a start up site run by and for young lads and budding QPR writers, journalists etc. It's a great idea, well executed, by a lad called Sam Taylor who deserves enormous credit for getting it up and running and persevering with it.

This is all on Kane, he was well aware it was a recorded interview. The actual wider quote is far worse, talking about how he was going to go to Sheff Utd for £13m while Osman has been playing Scottish football on loan. The lads were given an interview, the player has gone off on an arrogant tangent, they've now been asked to take the interview down, but the clip has gone viral. I feel for them.

Kane was quoted in The S*n last week saying similar stuff. That he's way better than this, that he could have gone to Dortmund, that Sheff Utd wanted to pay £13m for him. It's this classic modern day academy attitude: you're told you're God from the age of 12, you're on five figures by 17, you never play any proper football, you get laoned into neutral territory, but the "academy education" superiority complex is real. I'm surprised they give him out for interviews because he's obviously thick as sht.

This post has been edited by an administrator

On a serious note why are the club asking it to be taken down and what's worse why are people allowing it?
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane Team Man... on 00:00 - Mar 21 with 2913 viewsSuffolk

I maintained a very supportive outlook in regards to Kane throughout his trials and tribulations. The abuse he receives on twitter is a disgrace and belies Darwin's theories on evolution. For all his shortcomings he puts in a good shift and I respect that, however, I find him guilty of two serious breaches of conduct. Firstly, by his televised display of ear plugging I find him guilty of disrespecting the fans. Secondly, the subject video sees him disrespect a teammate. In performing these two acts of stupidity in a such a short period of time Kane has lost my support and he needs to do a serious amount of badge kissing to regain it.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 01:18 - Mar 21 with 2777 viewskarl

Todd Kane Team Man... on 00:00 - Mar 21 by Suffolk

I maintained a very supportive outlook in regards to Kane throughout his trials and tribulations. The abuse he receives on twitter is a disgrace and belies Darwin's theories on evolution. For all his shortcomings he puts in a good shift and I respect that, however, I find him guilty of two serious breaches of conduct. Firstly, by his televised display of ear plugging I find him guilty of disrespecting the fans. Secondly, the subject video sees him disrespect a teammate. In performing these two acts of stupidity in a such a short period of time Kane has lost my support and he needs to do a serious amount of badge kissing to regain it.

And when it's Chelseas badge he's kissing...?

😂
Todd Kane Team Man... on 02:09 - Mar 21 with 2737 viewsMatch82

Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:29 - Mar 20 by rsonist

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14181181/chelsea-wonderkid-todd-kane-loa

“I was at Hull on loan and Chris Wilder had been talking to me on the phone about me going there. It had all been agreed but Chelsea submitted the paperwork too late because they were busy getting the Gonzalo Higuaín loan from Juventus across the line first."

So supposedly Blades bid £13m for a 25 year old career loanee six months before contract expiry and then didn't go back in for him when he was free. Sure Todd, seems legit.

Ah, thank you
Todd Kane Team Man... on 04:25 - Mar 21 with 2654 viewslarsricchi

Re: 13M bid from the Blades...

It almost happened a second time, when Toddy Kane was the Sheff Utd gaffer on Football Manager and put in a cheeky 13M bid before the window slammed shut, but the artificial intelligence that serves as the team chairman said no, we cannot allow this transfer to proceed, who do you think you are, Chris Wilder?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 4:26]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 04:51 - Mar 21 with 2635 viewssuperhoopdownunder

He still clearly has his Chelscum characteristics including arrogance, some narcissistic traits and stupidity.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 06:13 - Mar 21 with 2588 viewsbollockchops

spot on,, especially the second one
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:07 - Mar 21 with 2372 viewsbakerloo8

I dont mind a bit of arrogance in a footballer, shows it has something about them. I do think Todd's arrogance is misplaced tho...
What I cant stand, is sheer disrespect for a teammate. Theres no need to brag on about a fairytale 13m bid whilst someone is playing 2nd division scottish football its absolute garbage and shows Kane to be an absolute tool.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:09 - Mar 21 with 2367 viewsbakerloo8

Dont suppose he can contact Sheff Utd now and tell them hes available for a cut price £12.5m? 🤣
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 8:09]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:14 - Mar 21 with 2353 viewsgazza1

Poor play from Kane.......not nice to talk like that in an open forum.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 08:20 - Mar 21 with 2310 views2Thomas2Bowles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:38 - Mar 20 by Northernr

Becuase I don't think they should have taken it down, nor do I think it's fair a 7 second clip of the middle of that quote going viral.

Agree, once it's out, best to have the whole thing.

Now, for a pro writer, your spelling is shit.

As for the rest of ya.
Unless you are a better footballer than Kane and can replace him in the team... shut it

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:02 - Mar 21 with 2189 viewsbosh67

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:41 - Mar 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't see too much wrong with this. It's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. It's good that he has confidence and I'm sure Kakay thinks that he is a better player than Kane.

He's not insulting Kakay in any way, he even says "no disrespect".

Much ado about nothing. Kane right now is the best for the position. I like that he is confident enough to believe in himself. Let's face it he's taken an absolute barrage and come out the other side.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:15 - Mar 21 with 2136 viewsPaddyhoops

Poor judgment on his behalf. He's an average full back at best . He keeps proving it week after week.
Very disrespectful of Ozzy in my opinion.
He's never been flavour of the month with our fan base and judging by this discussion he's digging an even bigger hole for himself.
The fact he wasn't in the team yesterday didn't particularly bother me which is an indictment of his talents or lack off as far as I'm concerned.
We move on.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:15 - Mar 21 with 2134 viewsMedwayR

Todd Kane Team Man... on 23:29 - Mar 20 by rsonist

Pretty sure that would’ve been championship Sheffield United too, not sure they had £13m to spend on a RB. He’s clearly deluded.

Poll: Who’s better?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:48 - Mar 21 with 2013 viewsngbqpr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:23 - Mar 20 by EalingHoop81

A bit of a shame and so unnecessary by Kane. I presume he has been quite upset by the Twitter abuse he’s taken etc hence the ear gesture after he scored a few weeks ago and feels the need to big himself up.

I like his work rate but his passing/crossing is very poor, he’s not quick, not strong and when he was full back was often out of position. I think wing back suits him as he has a decent engine and never hides but he’s a hard working but limited player. I don’t see him getting into many other Championship sides.

Happy to see his improvement this year but I don’t see much between him and Kakay currently and thought Ozzy had a good game today. His crossing is also far better.

Kane should really consider how many first team appearances he had made at Ozzy’a age - around 40 in the Champ for Blackburn - not much difference to Kakay in our side and certainly not something to brag about.

In terms of team spirit and approach - consider Lumley’s clear enthusiasm and support for the team and Dieng in particular this season. He of course may be saying something else privately and Kane may be incredibly supportive when he’s not in the side just as Lumley is. Lumley could however refer to his academy time at Spurs, how many games he’s played etc etc about Dieng taking his place......but he hasn’t
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:30]

Spot on about the Lumley comparison Ealing.

Digging out a team mate in public for me is always a step too far.

Poor from Kane.

Add in the Sun interview and I sense an agent at work.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 1968 viewsToast_R

We criticise footballers for giving us rehearsed lines and coached interviews. As soon us one gives us his honest thoughts its pitch fork time.

So he has an over inflated opinion of himself, he's had academy education and thats why but thats not necessarily his fault.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:02 - Mar 21 with 1962 viewsridethewave

Not sure how anyone can defend this. Publicly criticising a team mate’s ability is a disgrace and is something he should know not to do, especially for someone who “knows the game inside out” in his now tender age of 27.

He also is not, as far as I’m concerned, better than Kakay. Kane’s crossing is extremely poor, he gives the ball away too much, his defending is average (and that’s being polite), what exactly does he think he’s superior at?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 11:36]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 1924 viewsbakerloo8

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Toast_R

We criticise footballers for giving us rehearsed lines and coached interviews. As soon us one gives us his honest thoughts its pitch fork time.

So he has an over inflated opinion of himself, he's had academy education and thats why but thats not necessarily his fault.

Yeh but coating off teammates is unprofessional and out of order. Especially a young player at the club.

Poor from Kane.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024