Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane Team Man... 20:26 - Mar 20 with 21613 viewsFrankRightguard

Not a good look this

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:11 - Mar 21 with 2333 viewssilverbirch

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:15 - Mar 21 by Paddyhoops

Poor judgment on his behalf. He's an average full back at best . He keeps proving it week after week.
Very disrespectful of Ozzy in my opinion.
He's never been flavour of the month with our fan base and judging by this discussion he's digging an even bigger hole for himself.
The fact he wasn't in the team yesterday didn't particularly bother me which is an indictment of his talents or lack off as far as I'm concerned.
We move on.

I’m pleased when he’s not in the team. His crossing is the first thing to wind me up more than Tony roberts kicking
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:14 - Mar 21 with 2321 viewsfrancisbowles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:48 - Mar 21 by ngbqpr

Spot on about the Lumley comparison Ealing.

Digging out a team mate in public for me is always a step too far.

Poor from Kane.

Add in the Sun interview and I sense an agent at work.

You could well be right ngbqpr. Another money grabbing, ego inflating agent giving selfish and bad advice to his client. He has been very inconsistent and really should know better and stay off twitter. Most reasonable Rrrs fans are prepared to support him, he should learn to ignore the others. What do they teach them at Cobham?

He SHOULD be a much better player than Osman. He is four years older and had that rich cat1 upbringing. He should keep it buttoned and concentrate on trying to prove he is better footballer, because so far there isn't a fag paper between them.

Oh and by the way if Dortmund, Sheffield United or anyone wants to pay a fee to buy his contract, we are open to offers. As Les has said 'everyone is available'.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:14 - Mar 21 with 2320 viewsnix

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:02 - Mar 21 by ridethewave

Not sure how anyone can defend this. Publicly criticising a team mate’s ability is a disgrace and is something he should know not to do, especially for someone who “knows the game inside out” in his now tender age of 27.

He also is not, as far as I’m concerned, better than Kakay. Kane’s crossing is extremely poor, he gives the ball away too much, his defending is average (and that’s being polite), what exactly does he think he’s superior at?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 11:36]

I don't agree with attacking players on Twitter, that's out of line. But I think Kane hasn't had too much abuse on here really. And if you're a player, you're dicing with death coming on a fan's forum.

I don't care about him bigging himself up, saying he should be the first choice fullback, although the timing isn't great after twice being involved in mistakes against Millwall that led to goals. But disparaging a younger player publicly, that's a poor show and not what you'd expect from a senior pro.

Perhaps he does want out and is bigging himself up, Rob Green or Stephen Caulker-style in the hope that a 'bigger club' comes in for him. I honestly wouldn't cry tears as though he's been effective most of the time this season, he's certainly not without flaws.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 10:15]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:18 - Mar 21 with 2305 viewsingeminate

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:02 - Mar 21 by ridethewave

Not sure how anyone can defend this. Publicly criticising a team mate’s ability is a disgrace and is something he should know not to do, especially for someone who “knows the game inside out” in his now tender age of 27.

He also is not, as far as I’m concerned, better than Kakay. Kane’s crossing is extremely poor, he gives the ball away too much, his defending is average (and that’s being polite), what exactly does he think he’s superior at?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 11:36]

Kane gets in positions to receive the ball in threatening areas more than any right back we’ve had since Bards. His positional sense and engine are both phenomenal.
Kakay is such a different type of player you almost can’t compare them.
However, as we all know Kane’s delivery is usually hopeless. Presumably it’s his cast iron self belief/delusions of grandeur that enable him to keep having another go.

He clearly thinks he should be playing for a perm club, like others have said this looks like him angling for a move. He puts in so many crosses that his highlight reel for this season will be stunning. Be good if we could get 4 mill plus - and keep Chair/Dieng/Dicky/Willock for a bit longer.
Lastly, we’ve got big characters in the dressing room, some with even more experience than an all knowing 27 year old. I expect them to manage the situation as much as the gaffer.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:19 - Mar 21 with 2287 viewsNed_Kennedys

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:02 - Mar 21 by bosh67

Much ado about nothing. Kane right now is the best for the position. I like that he is confident enough to believe in himself. Let's face it he's taken an absolute barrage and come out the other side.

Exactly this. The guy has been given horrendous abuse on social media and this forum about how useless a footballer he is for the last few years (linked to the pathetic and childish ‘ex Chelsea Cnt’ garbage) and has done a mild interview bigging himself up a bit and some people think it’s a disgrace etc? Give over.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:30 - Mar 21 with 2249 viewsMyke

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:19 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Exactly this. The guy has been given horrendous abuse on social media and this forum about how useless a footballer he is for the last few years (linked to the pathetic and childish ‘ex Chelsea Cnt’ garbage) and has done a mild interview bigging himself up a bit and some people think it’s a disgrace etc? Give over.

100% I think it's hilarious that one player saying how wonderful he is, is worthy of four pages here. Didn't hear too many dissenting voices when he sent a world class ball to Wallace to set up Austin v Brentford. Give the man a break. So he thinks he's Manny Kaltz (my favourite right back of all time), good luck to him.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:36 - Mar 21 with 2221 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Could someone ask the guys at Sheff Utd if they would like to revisit that bid? Or we could do a swap with Rhys Norrington Davies. I'd suggest Dortmund but we would be laughed out of Germany!!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:57 - Mar 21 with 2153 viewsLongsufferingR

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what he said, Kakay is in the side on merit atm. Played really well yesterday and Kane will have to prove he's a better player before he gets back in ahead of him.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:20 - Mar 21 with 2087 viewsngbqpr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:19 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

And digging out Kakay in public? The "Scottish second division" bit? That's ok?

I'd have no major problem with the rest of it (deluded footballer shock), but that...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:41 - Mar 21 with 2003 viewsGloucs_R

Contract expires at the end of next season.

Think he'll be here in August?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:56 - Mar 21 with 1961 viewsdenhamhoop2

Deluded is what I would say Kane is in his abilities one decent cross in ten takes up some great positions attacking wise but defensively very very poor. Surely a man able to attract a 13 million bid would be able to cope with Harry Tuffalo or be first choice ahead of a 37 year old last season. As for him and Kakay he is probably just about ahead at the moment but this is as good as Kane will ever be at 27 whereas Kakay has potential to get better.
Would say this interview would be received badly in changing room
Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:16 - Mar 21 with 1896 viewsrsonist

Todd Kane Team Man... on 09:15 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

Pretty sure that would’ve been championship Sheffield United too, not sure they had £13m to spend on a RB. He’s clearly deluded.

No, first season Prem riding high in midtable. They bought Berge for £20m that window as well as er, Jack Robinson, so the money was there, but George Baldock was then and remains now an ever-present Wilder lifer at RWB. [edit- WRONG]

I genuinely believe Todd and his agent might have misread £1.3m here. It's the only rational explanation.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 13:42]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:17 - Mar 21 with 1889 viewsFrankRightguard

Some spectacular missing the point here. Nobody thinks Kane shouldn’t have confidence in his ability and consider himself the best right back at the club, but you can’t directly dig out a team mates career to make your point and expect there not to be a reaction.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:33 - Mar 21 with 1844 viewsGloryHunter

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:17 - Mar 21 by FrankRightguard

Some spectacular missing the point here. Nobody thinks Kane shouldn’t have confidence in his ability and consider himself the best right back at the club, but you can’t directly dig out a team mates career to make your point and expect there not to be a reaction.

Also he doesn't seem at all appreciative that QPR have rescued him from the football graveyard and given him a contract. Telling Les and Warbs that he should be playing every week, or else he'll be looking elsewhere? That is defo not "the right sort" in my book.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:39 - Mar 21 with 1826 viewsFrankRightguard

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:33 - Mar 21 by GloryHunter

Also he doesn't seem at all appreciative that QPR have rescued him from the football graveyard and given him a contract. Telling Les and Warbs that he should be playing every week, or else he'll be looking elsewhere? That is defo not "the right sort" in my book.

On you go mate.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 1771 viewskensalriser

He's certainly been a bit of a tit and saying anything of a team mate that could be even slightly construed as negative is not smart. But my goodness, we're a precious bunch, aren't we.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:54 - Mar 21 with 1770 viewsMedwayR

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:16 - Mar 21 by rsonist

No, first season Prem riding high in midtable. They bought Berge for £20m that window as well as er, Jack Robinson, so the money was there, but George Baldock was then and remains now an ever-present Wilder lifer at RWB. [edit- WRONG]

I genuinely believe Todd and his agent might have misread £1.3m here. It's the only rational explanation.

He mentions Higuain who signed for chelsea in Jan 2019, Sheff Utd got promoted May 2019.

If anyone had offered anything for Kane, never mind £13m, then chelsea would've got that deal across the line regardless of Higuain.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 13:07]

Poll: Who’s better?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:02 - Mar 21 with 1732 viewsterryb

Todd Kane Team Man... on 12:16 - Mar 21 by rsonist

Their first season in the Premiership was last season. Todd Kane joined us in July prior to the start of the season on a free transfer.

I can't imagine Chelsea turning down a monetary offer for him & we would have snapped Wilder's hands off to receive anything. We could have kept Furlong then!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:25 - Mar 21 with 1683 viewsLazyFan

Les won't like that. I think as he's done it twice now and on the second time made it worse, he wants out and Les will oblige.

Also means Kakay will probably get more games, now we are safe. Kane will be offloaded, probably to someone like Hull or one of the Prem relegated clubs. I doubt anyone will be upset when we sell him.

His crossing has greatly improved, against Millwall he put in some decent ones, not like that one game where he did 10 crosses that all were wild and useless, then fell on his face as he was too tired from crossing the ball. His blocking and tackling is better than when he first started with us. Once again the coaching staff have improved a player.

But after all this nonsense in the press, it's clear he wants a move and the club will give it to him. Who are we going to sell in the summer? I think we will start with Todd Kane now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:39 - Mar 21 with 1624 viewsMatch82

Todd Kane Team Man... on 10:01 - Mar 21 by Toast_R

We criticise footballers for giving us rehearsed lines and coached interviews. As soon us one gives us his honest thoughts its pitch fork time.

So he has an over inflated opinion of himself, he's had academy education and thats why but thats not necessarily his fault.

True to an extent, but if a footballer is going to make a condescending comment on a young teammate just starting to make his way in the game, I'd rather have the rehearsed and coached lines.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:40 - Mar 21 with 1615 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:25 - Mar 21 by LazyFan

Les won't like that. I think as he's done it twice now and on the second time made it worse, he wants out and Les will oblige.

Also means Kakay will probably get more games, now we are safe. Kane will be offloaded, probably to someone like Hull or one of the Prem relegated clubs. I doubt anyone will be upset when we sell him.

His crossing has greatly improved, against Millwall he put in some decent ones, not like that one game where he did 10 crosses that all were wild and useless, then fell on his face as he was too tired from crossing the ball. His blocking and tackling is better than when he first started with us. Once again the coaching staff have improved a player.

But after all this nonsense in the press, it's clear he wants a move and the club will give it to him. Who are we going to sell in the summer? I think we will start with Todd Kane now.

I think he's tailor made for Millwall personally. Nice swap deal for Romeo.

Thank you very much.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:43 - Mar 21 with 1599 viewsBazzeR

Some are saying he will be sold.. can’t see too many clubs being interested on a free let alone paying a Manning style transfer fee.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:47 - Mar 21 with 1579 viewsrsonist

Todd Kane Team Man... on 13:02 - Mar 21 by terryb

Their first season in the Premiership was last season. Todd Kane joined us in July prior to the start of the season on a free transfer.

I can't imagine Chelsea turning down a monetary offer for him & we would have snapped Wilder's hands off to receive anything. We could have kept Furlong then!

You're right, dunno how I messed that up. Even more ludicrous in that case.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 14:11 - Mar 21 with 1506 viewsEsox_Lucius

Josh Scowen, Karl Henry, Nedum Onuoha, Joe Lumley, Lyndon Dykes and Todd Kane. Best supporters in the world my arse.

The grass is always greener.

Todd Kane Team Man... on 14:20 - Mar 21 with 1474 viewsdavman

Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:41 - Mar 21 by Gloucs_R

Contract expires at the end of next season.

Think he'll be here in August?

Interesting point. How does the club's policy go if there is a player entering the last year of their contract that the club does want to offer a contract to? Easy to see how it works when the player won't sign, but what about the other way round?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024