Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane Team Man... 20:26 - Mar 20 with 21614 viewsFrankRightguard

Not a good look this

Todd Kane Team Man... on 14:31 - Mar 21 with 2403 viewsNoelmc

Todd Kane Team Man... on 14:20 - Mar 21 by davman

Interesting point. How does the club's policy go if there is a player entering the last year of their contract that the club does want to offer a contract to? Easy to see how it works when the player won't sign, but what about the other way round?

I would imagine the Club would make it known that he is 'available' and hope to get a fee for him. If not, could let him go somewhere else on a 'Free' to get his wages off the books.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:05 - Mar 21 with 2295 viewsBostonR

A very average Championship player who should have spent more time at Chelsea learning to cross a ball. Self-centred, arrogant and up his own arse. Funny, I don't see clubs queuing up to buy him for £13M. Take the first bid that comes in and show him the door - there are better players out there.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:11 - Mar 21 with 2267 viewsNed_Kennedys

Todd Kane Team Man... on 11:20 - Mar 21 by ngbqpr

And digging out Kakay in public? The "Scottish second division" bit? That's ok?

I'd have no major problem with the rest of it (deluded footballer shock), but that...

That part is factually correct: Partick Thistle were in the Scottish 2nd division when Kakay was there so what’s the problem? Kane thinks he’s better than Kakay and has stated it: he’s not said Kakay is sh1t has he?
Ridiculous over reaction by some on here, no doubt being matched on Twitter and FB which leads to more direct abuse to the player....
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:30 - Mar 21 with 2227 viewsgobbles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:11 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

That part is factually correct: Partick Thistle were in the Scottish 2nd division when Kakay was there so what’s the problem? Kane thinks he’s better than Kakay and has stated it: he’s not said Kakay is sh1t has he?
Ridiculous over reaction by some on here, no doubt being matched on Twitter and FB which leads to more direct abuse to the player....

I find some of the raw hatred on this thread remarkable. Footballer fancies himself, so what?
This kind of "know your place" nonsense is just laughable. For once you see a video of a footballer outside the normal boring platitudes trolled out in interviews and there is outrage.
I'd rather he want to play, believe in himself and win some points with QPR. If he, or his agent, or the club believe they can talk their way into a big-money transfer, good for him.
But it underlines how far people are suckered in by media image. Often on here, someone will link to a "great article about..." which is often just a very nice article about QPR, saying nice things and not rocking the boat.
Do you really think that is the reality of a squad of 20-somethings fighting for their careers and next contract as well as the club?
If Kane looks at Kakay being picked ahead of him on Saturday and it inspires him to work harder and play better, we're all winners.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:36 - Mar 21 with 2192 viewsbakerloo8

Todd Kane Team Man... on 14:11 - Mar 21 by Esox_Lucius

Josh Scowen, Karl Henry, Nedum Onuoha, Joe Lumley, Lyndon Dykes and Todd Kane. Best supporters in the world my arse.

Yep, clearly the fans have driven poor old Todd to slate a young player making his way at the club. Exactly that.

Jesus wept.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:39 - Mar 21 with 2168 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:36 - Mar 21 by bakerloo8

Yep, clearly the fans have driven poor old Todd to slate a young player making his way at the club. Exactly that.

Jesus wept.

He didn’t mention the interview.

I don’t want to put words in Esox’s mouth but I think it was a wider point about some fans abusing players on Social Media.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 15:52]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:30 - Mar 21 with 2072 viewsgobbles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:36 - Mar 21 by bakerloo8

Jesus wept.

Osman Kakay is 23, it is five years since he made his first-team debut and he was last year given a new four-year contract, which presumably makes him better paid than anyone on this thread.
He is hardly some teenager bumped up from the youth team on a YTS scheme
Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:51 - Mar 21 with 2004 viewsdixiedean

Disrespectful. Arrogant. Deluded. Prick . End of . I don’t have a problem with him thinking he’s a special player. It’s the direct insult of a team mate which is totally out of order . That is inexcusable on any level.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:56 - Mar 21 with 1979 viewsTGRRRSSS

WEll the club obviously saw a problem with it.

Worth saying that Kane's overall career to date doesnt really suggest a £13m move.

I highly doubt this "move" failed due to Chelsea focusing on another move - I cant imagine they only have 1 or 2 people involved.

They have created a whole system with the academy where it's almost a seperate part of the business they use to generate extra money.

And if it'd had been us, Hoos would have snapped their hand off at anything of the like.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 16:57 - Mar 21 with 1973 viewsTGRRRSSS

ONe look at his Wikipedia tells you his "media" team arent up to much.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 17:53 - Mar 21 with 1854 viewsNed_Kennedys

I wonder how many of those slagging off Kane for his comments were doing the same with the same level of abuse and vitriol when Adel was making similar comments at regular intervals? Or is that different because he was a better player?
Todd Kane Team Man... on 17:58 - Mar 21 with 1834 viewsChrisNW6

Todd Kane Team Man... on 15:30 - Mar 21 by gobbles

I find some of the raw hatred on this thread remarkable. Footballer fancies himself, so what?
This kind of "know your place" nonsense is just laughable. For once you see a video of a footballer outside the normal boring platitudes trolled out in interviews and there is outrage.
I'd rather he want to play, believe in himself and win some points with QPR. If he, or his agent, or the club believe they can talk their way into a big-money transfer, good for him.
But it underlines how far people are suckered in by media image. Often on here, someone will link to a "great article about..." which is often just a very nice article about QPR, saying nice things and not rocking the boat.
Do you really think that is the reality of a squad of 20-somethings fighting for their careers and next contract as well as the club?
If Kane looks at Kakay being picked ahead of him on Saturday and it inspires him to work harder and play better, we're all winners.

Yep, a slow news day and the keyboard warriors are out in force. I'm sure Warburton would like to deal with it internally and let the dressing room sort it out. Unintelligent arrogant player gives interview which the majority of fans haven't even seen. Not a great move by Todd Kane but he's got a year left on his contract, so let's move on.

Burn the witch!
Todd Kane Team Man... on 18:30 - Mar 21 with 1739 viewsgobbles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 17:53 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I wonder how many of those slagging off Kane for his comments were doing the same with the same level of abuse and vitriol when Adel was making similar comments at regular intervals? Or is that different because he was a better player?

Or who make similar comments about their own work colleagues if they are promoted above them
Todd Kane Team Man... on 18:48 - Mar 21 with 1700 viewsToast_R

I think in the grand scheme of things this is is a minute storm in a tea cup compared to what the players attitudes were towards each really not so long ago.

To be blowing this up into something its not on Social Media is utterly ridiculous.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:54 - Mar 21 with 1542 viewsgobbles

Todd Kane Team Man... on 00:00 - Mar 21 by Suffolk

I maintained a very supportive outlook in regards to Kane throughout his trials and tribulations. The abuse he receives on twitter is a disgrace and belies Darwin's theories on evolution. For all his shortcomings he puts in a good shift and I respect that, however, I find him guilty of two serious breaches of conduct. Firstly, by his televised display of ear plugging I find him guilty of disrespecting the fans. Secondly, the subject video sees him disrespect a teammate. In performing these two acts of stupidity in a such a short period of time Kane has lost my support and he needs to do a serious amount of badge kissing to regain it.

How is earplugging disrespecting the fans? Surely he is getting back at the "fans" who abuse him.
I can't stand this idea that it is OK to slag players off but they give something back and people burst into tears.
I'm a fan and didn't feel the slightest bit disrespected. I thought good on him.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:56 - Mar 21 with 1535 viewsngbqpr

I don't see loads of "hatred" on here - I think many of those saying this is a fuss about nothing doth protest too much about the alternative view being put across.

I don't use Twitter cos I think it fuels $hit for football clubs amongst any others. I just think a few of us are saying on this thread that we're disappointed that, when we're on a good run and the team spirit looks excellent (witness full team involvement in goal celebrations, subs joining in post match jubilation etc), that a relatively senior pro has dug out a team mate in public.

Do we expect 25 players all to get on? No. Do we think there will be rivalry between those fighting for the same position? Of course. Just keep it in the club.

That's all. No hatred / witch hunts / pitchforks. Just saying it's maybe not the best look.

For the record I agree with Esox's comment (pre-'socials', see also Mick Leach, Simon Barker, Tony Sealy etc etc). But let's not confuse the decades long habit of a chunk of our fanbase seemingly needing scapegoats with simply suggesting TK hasn't covered himself in glory here.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:08 - Mar 21 with 1513 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kane Team Man... on 20:56 - Mar 21 by ngbqpr

I don't see loads of "hatred" on here - I think many of those saying this is a fuss about nothing doth protest too much about the alternative view being put across.

I don't use Twitter cos I think it fuels $hit for football clubs amongst any others. I just think a few of us are saying on this thread that we're disappointed that, when we're on a good run and the team spirit looks excellent (witness full team involvement in goal celebrations, subs joining in post match jubilation etc), that a relatively senior pro has dug out a team mate in public.

Do we expect 25 players all to get on? No. Do we think there will be rivalry between those fighting for the same position? Of course. Just keep it in the club.

That's all. No hatred / witch hunts / pitchforks. Just saying it's maybe not the best look.

For the record I agree with Esox's comment (pre-'socials', see also Mick Leach, Simon Barker, Tony Sealy etc etc). But let's not confuse the decades long habit of a chunk of our fanbase seemingly needing scapegoats with simply suggesting TK hasn't covered himself in glory here.

Great post, ngb.

Slightly different to my feelings on it, but very good points very well made.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:43 - Mar 21 with 1452 viewsdm97

Very much enjoying a thread arguing over handbags instead of a thread on the ‘rotting carcus’/‘soul’/‘charlatans’/‘insert other hyperbole for a mid table championship team’ we have come to expect at this point in the championship slogathon :)
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:52 - Mar 21 with 1431 viewsdaveB

context is everything, Kane getting slated for 9 seconds of a 30 minute interview. You could take 9 seconds of recent Austin interviews and use it against him as well

I read the report the r generation guys wrote on the interview but didn't get a chance to watch it before it was taken down.

To give context to what he said he spoke about how disappointed he was with himself last season, he never really settled and he said his performances were poor. He knew he could play better and lost his place to Kakay who he felt he was better than but accepted he wasn't playing well enough to justify that so he worked hard on his game and has managed to get himself closer to the performances he expects of himself. He said if he played at the level he can he knows he is a better player than Kakay. Possibly arrogance but he's not wrong.

He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 21:55]
Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:56 - Mar 21 with 1422 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I've no problem with a player exuding confidence if he can back it up. In Kane's case it's arrogance bordering on delusional. In 7 years at Chelsea he didn't make a solitary first team appearance and was sent out on loan to no fewer than 8 clubs before finally securing a permanent move to QPR at the ripe old age of 26. Perhaps this is why he lacks team spirit because he's never really been part of the furniture anywhere. In any event, he would be well advised to take his fingers out of his ears and use his hands to cover his mouth.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:28 - Mar 21 with 1368 viewsridethewave

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:52 - Mar 21 by daveB

context is everything, Kane getting slated for 9 seconds of a 30 minute interview. You could take 9 seconds of recent Austin interviews and use it against him as well

I read the report the r generation guys wrote on the interview but didn't get a chance to watch it before it was taken down.

To give context to what he said he spoke about how disappointed he was with himself last season, he never really settled and he said his performances were poor. He knew he could play better and lost his place to Kakay who he felt he was better than but accepted he wasn't playing well enough to justify that so he worked hard on his game and has managed to get himself closer to the performances he expects of himself. He said if he played at the level he can he knows he is a better player than Kakay. Possibly arrogance but he's not wrong.

He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.

“Possibly arrogance but he’s not wrong.”

I think he’s wrong, mate. On yesterday’s evidence at the least, I didn’t see a single area Kakay looked deficient in compared with Kane. In fact, I thought he was a great improvement in ever aspect of that position. He took players on, he delivered most of his crosses into the box, he didn’t give the ball away needlessly, he defended well (remember as wel he was up against one of the best players in the division).
Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:35 - Mar 21 with 1349 viewsNed_Kennedys

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:28 - Mar 21 by ridethewave

“Possibly arrogance but he’s not wrong.”

I think he’s wrong, mate. On yesterday’s evidence at the least, I didn’t see a single area Kakay looked deficient in compared with Kane. In fact, I thought he was a great improvement in ever aspect of that position. He took players on, he delivered most of his crosses into the box, he didn’t give the ball away needlessly, he defended well (remember as wel he was up against one of the best players in the division).

I rated Kakay at 6 yesterday, started really badly but improved as the game went on.
He may be a slightly better defender than Kane but no chance is he a better wing back as he offers far less attacking threat. Disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:49 - Mar 21 with 1301 viewsHunterhoop

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:35 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I rated Kakay at 6 yesterday, started really badly but improved as the game went on.
He may be a slightly better defender than Kane but no chance is he a better wing back as he offers far less attacking threat. Disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

...or just a different opinion to yours.
Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:52 - Mar 21 with 1298 viewsngbqpr

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:35 - Mar 21 by Ned_Kennedys

We spent most of the last 15-20 camped in Reading's half, much of our pressure / possession coming down our right, Kakay a constant & reliable outlet, showing strength to hold onto the ball, and on 2-3 occasions out-muscling opponents and making forward progress.

Crossing? Kane goes from 1 to 10, Kakay stays around 5-6 - so not a lot to choose when averaged out.

FWIW, I think Kakay edges it as a full back, Kane as a wing back.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Todd Kane Team Man... on 22:57 - Mar 21 with 1294 viewsted_hendrix

Todd Kane Team Man... on 21:52 - Mar 21 by daveB

*He also spoke about the death threats he got from QPR fans not just to him but his family as well which lead to the celebration with the fingers in the ears.*

I'm not on any other forum or anything else for that matter, So I was unaware of any death threats to Todd Kane or his family, that's really quite dreadful.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024