Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. 10:12 - Apr 19 with 30713 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well, there goes my match thread starting virginity.
Joe will be keeping his GK spot for this one and Joe Walsh has been recalled from the England camp and given the 35 shirt.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/dieng-suspended-for-swansea-trip/

The grass is always greener.

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 00:06 - Apr 21 with 1517 viewskarl

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 23:57 - Apr 20 by DannytheR

You're right that there's two different issues here, Karl.

The Fulham squad is stuffed full of loans, especially in midfield (Loftus Cheek is one of them) - so there's obviously a big chance those players leave again and Parker simply brings Johansen back to fill a hole for the last year of his contract. But I dunno... he was frozen out as soon as they went up and you wonder if both player and club might just want a fresh start. Especially if there's a few quid in it for Fulham.

Obviously that brings us to the second issue - whether we could or would afford a deal. As you say, it will be hard for the club to just publicly give up on what has been happening here in the second half of the season. Personally if it became an either/or I'd sooner see us spend the money to keep Johansen than Austin.

Of course their loans make a difference, I'd never thought enough of that.
What a carry on, we're all relying on the Chelsea loan system of course!
Loftus-Cheek needs to get himself a club and work hard to be a top level player, he's made enough now he has to be a footballer.
Hopefully to our benefit
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 08:31 - Apr 21 with 1279 viewspaulparker

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 23:16 - Apr 20 by karl

They obviously have replaced him, who is that player/s?
If they're still there under contract then you're probably right Danny.
What the potential fee and wages would be is the bigger problem unless they get sold straight away I would imagine?
This run will have really put the owners under big pressure, we have shown that 2 or 3 experienced and high level players make us highly competitive but what will their permanent signing fo yo our squad structure?

It’s going to be an interesting summer as there are a lot of players out of contract all over the world who won’t be getting the same money as they once were
I hope and pray the club are doing their research because if we sell say Dieng or Chair and have some funds to make signings then there are some real bargains out there to get

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 08:40 - Apr 21 with 1251 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 08:31 - Apr 21 by paulparker

It’s going to be an interesting summer as there are a lot of players out of contract all over the world who won’t be getting the same money as they once were
I hope and pray the club are doing their research because if we sell say Dieng or Chair and have some funds to make signings then there are some real bargains out there to get

This may be controversial, but selling Dieng and Chair will hit us harder than Smithies and Eze in my opinion.
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 11:37 - Apr 21 with 1127 viewsGloryHunter

As an aside, I wonder what Ryan Manning thought of this QPR team last night, from his view on the Swansea bench?
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 1120 viewsRangersw12

One thing I hope is implemented next season is a Red Card for a player deliberately ducking down so a player goes over the top of them when challenging for a header

Barbet could of dislocated his shoulder and there will be a serious injury soon
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 12:19 - Apr 21 with 1098 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 11:42 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

One thing I hope is implemented next season is a Red Card for a player deliberately ducking down so a player goes over the top of them when challenging for a header

Barbet could of dislocated his shoulder and there will be a serious injury soon

Agreed - that was nasty!

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 12:51 - Apr 21 with 1050 viewsrsonist

Missed this one. Ball at the back for the first time then? Would be partic keen to hear how he did generally beyond the terrible rick in the highlights.
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 13:17 - Apr 21 with 996 viewskarl

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 12:51 - Apr 21 by rsonist

Missed this one. Ball at the back for the first time then? Would be partic keen to hear how he did generally beyond the terrible rick in the highlights.

Briefly, I think he did well overall, Swansea did break our lines a few times so definitely not faultless.
First 10 minutes him and Kakay gave the ball away regularly and were bailed out by Dickie and Barbet a few times, luckily they were on top of their game at that time.
Once Ball realised, or was told, he had to stop trying to be too clever with taking the ball out from defence I thought he settled in and played pretty well.
I definitely would say this combination is the best of the 3 we've tried without De Wijs and Cameron.
What is surprising to me is how confident he is, at Aberdeen he was control and pass, most often long ball, but here he'll take the ball in tight areas all over the pitch and always tries to be progressive with his passing.
Warburton getting praise for developing players and Ball shouldn't be ignored. Even though his level is not as high as others the improvement has been enormous to me and as he's still young we'll hopefully see him keep going?
If De Wijs is unavailable I'd play him in the defence again, ahead of Cameron if need be since we're assuming he won't be renewing his contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 13:17 - Apr 21 with 993 viewsterryb

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 12:51 - Apr 21 by rsonist

Two terrible ricks. Barbet saved us from the first one & Lumley the second.

Apart from these he looked comfortable & combined well with his partners. I think it was important that he played between Dickie & Barbet as I feel they are far more settled in the wider defensive postions than as the central defender.

If the Dutchman can't play on Saturday I would be quite happy for the three to continue.
Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he did ok, rsonist.

Started a bit nervously, gave the ball away dangerously early on. After he settled in he looked ok positionally, good in the air, but had trouble on the deck I thought. His feet may be a bit slow for one-on-one defending on the deck.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 15:01 - Apr 21 with 877 viewskensalriser

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 11:37 - Apr 21 by GloryHunter

As an aside, I wonder what Ryan Manning thought of this QPR team last night, from his view on the Swansea bench?

Probably thinking of cash money and if he'll get to play in the playoffs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 15:49 - Apr 21 with 840 viewsPinnerPaul

Swanselona vs the Pride of West London match thread. on 18:53 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

With no crowd in, just who exactly are the team announcements for?

I'm always saying that Brian and Mrs Pinner says it help create some sort of 'normality', we always have that 'discussion' on matchdays!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024