Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham 21:38 - May 10 with 5286 viewsSimplyNico

Going to be relegated, but they move the ball round nicely against Burnley. Good chance they will be straight back up.
Fulham on 22:02 - May 10 with 3308 viewsbarbicanranger

That was brutal viewing. Burnley, as expected, weren't brilliant. Just stronger and seasoned at getting the job done at this level, a premier league vulture if you will. Always a little harder coming up as the playoff team IMO. I imagine they will challenge next season. Will be interesting to see what happens with WBA and Big Sam.
Fulham on 22:18 - May 10 with 3218 viewsBostonR

They are loaded with loan players who haven’t got them over the line. If they have all of their previous Championship squad they will be strong but will they be motivated? Parker got them up so I assume they will stick with him for next season.
Championship looking open next season.
Fulham on 22:31 - May 10 with 3174 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Commiserations, Konk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fulham on 22:32 - May 10 with 3171 viewsMrSheen

Apparently Burnley have scored more goals at Craven Cottage in 2021 than Fulham.

3 in 9 for Fulham, 5 in 2 for Burnley.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 22:37]
Fulham on 00:13 - May 11 with 2909 viewsBoston

Yes, Fulham will be coming down but, they'll be going up next season, replacing Norwich in the Yoyo competition.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fulham on 06:52 - May 11 with 2742 viewsKonk

Fulham on 00:13 - May 11 by Boston

Yes, Fulham will be coming down but, they'll be going up next season, replacing Norwich in the Yoyo competition.

Not sure about that. We need a complete rebuild (again) as we started with 6-7 loanees most weeks, and had very little real quality on the bench.

If Tony Khan is still our DOF then I look forward to us signing no-one until 3 minutes before the deadline and completely failing to address our most obvious needs.

I would be very happy with a play-off place.

It’s been a weird old season - looked completely out of our depth at the start, actually signed some decent defenders on deadline day, became one of the most defensively-solid teams in the division for a couple of months, whilst also playing some nice stuff, and then completely lost our way over the past couple of months. The only constant was the lack of attacking threat throughout. We seldom looked like a side with more than one goal in us.

Nine goals at home says it all.

Having Khan fuc king things up as DOF makes it difficult to judge whether Parker just doesn’t know how to produce incisive, attacking football or whether our lack of threat was the result of signing a load of players lacking the intelligence or ability to create problems for defenders.

My preference would be to find out by getting a proper DOF in ASAP and giving Parker a chance to prove his doubters wrong.

On the good news front, our club are only charging £40 for the 2,000 fans who can be ar sed to watch our last game against Newcastle. Nice gesture.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham on 07:17 - May 11 with 2686 viewsnix

Fulham on 06:52 - May 11 by Konk

Not sure about that. We need a complete rebuild (again) as we started with 6-7 loanees most weeks, and had very little real quality on the bench.

If Tony Khan is still our DOF then I look forward to us signing no-one until 3 minutes before the deadline and completely failing to address our most obvious needs.

It’s been a weird old season - looked completely out of our depth at the start, actually signed some decent defenders on deadline day, became one of the most defensively-solid teams in the division for a couple of months, whilst also playing some nice stuff, and then completely lost our way over the past couple of months. The only constant was the lack of attacking threat throughout. We seldom looked like a side with more than one goal in us.

Having Khan fuc king things up as DOF makes it difficult to judge whether Parker just doesn’t know how to produce incisive, attacking football or whether our lack of threat was the result of signing a load of players lacking the intelligence or ability to create problems for defenders.

My preference would be to find out by getting a proper DOF in ASAP and giving Parker a chance to prove his doubters wrong.

On the good news front, our club are only charging £40 for the 2,000 fans who can be ar sed to watch our last game against Newcastle. Nice gesture.

I don't follow the Prem much these days but it does seem a bit of a problem to have so many loan players that you didn't have in the Championship. It's asking a massive amount to expect a team to hit the ground running with a scratch team, as we saw here early on in the season. And when you're starting out in the Prem you need to be able to pick up points from day one.

Maybe you need to have a team that's not just designed to win the Championship but can also have a chance in the Prem. I must admit that on the few occasions I have seen you play, you've played some nice stuff, generally against the better teams though. I don't know what you were like against Palace, Burnley or Brighton. A lot of the smaller clubs that hang on seem to play pretty attritional football. I'm not sure it's worth it.

But the standard in the Championship is a whole lot lower in terms of beating other teams. I don't think there's a team we couldn't beat if we were playing our best football. Maybe Barnsley was our hardest opponents just because they're style of football tends to negate ours. You might be pleasantly surprised at how well you do. But I'd imagine you will need to sort your squad out early in the close season. It's such an advantage to have a good start as we know to our cost.
Fulham on 07:29 - May 11 with 2654 viewsMalintabuk

Fulham on 07:17 - May 11 by nix

I don't follow the Prem much these days but it does seem a bit of a problem to have so many loan players that you didn't have in the Championship. It's asking a massive amount to expect a team to hit the ground running with a scratch team, as we saw here early on in the season. And when you're starting out in the Prem you need to be able to pick up points from day one.

Maybe you need to have a team that's not just designed to win the Championship but can also have a chance in the Prem. I must admit that on the few occasions I have seen you play, you've played some nice stuff, generally against the better teams though. I don't know what you were like against Palace, Burnley or Brighton. A lot of the smaller clubs that hang on seem to play pretty attritional football. I'm not sure it's worth it.

But the standard in the Championship is a whole lot lower in terms of beating other teams. I don't think there's a team we couldn't beat if we were playing our best football. Maybe Barnsley was our hardest opponents just because they're style of football tends to negate ours. You might be pleasantly surprised at how well you do. But I'd imagine you will need to sort your squad out early in the close season. It's such an advantage to have a good start as we know to our cost.

We may find a few more teams adopting the "Fulham strategy"
We certainly mastered the getting promoted and sign a load of mercenaries on eye watering contracts only to come back down and have to try and off load the rubbish no one wants
By taking up loan options and hoping that they are better equipped to survive than the team that got you there. It may buy you time develop a strong squad over a couple of seasons and then get established and try and push on... if pushing on in the Premier means surviving
OK it never worked this time but I think it maybe quite a cute strategy. Or it just may mean no one wanted to go there and the only option they had was loaning.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham on 07:46 - May 11 with 2606 viewsRs_Holy

hard luck Konk... spend the parachute money wisely and you'll be doing a Norwich, spend it poorly and you might end up doing a Sunderland?... The bottom line is it's much more fun in the Championship :)
Fulhamsssq is on 08:36 - May 11 with 2505 viewsstevec

Think Fulham have already got it right. Go up, take the money, come down, build a lovely new stand, go up, get some more money, come down, pay off the stand.

I’d say they’re well on their way to becoming an established Premier League side, infrastructure sorted, just need to stay up once, job done.

Take note TF.
Fulham on 08:51 - May 11 with 2468 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think Fulham will go back up.

They don't need Johansen though and should release him on a free saying 'why don't you f-off to QPR' I would if I were Fulham.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fulham on 08:53 - May 11 with 2457 viewsswitchingcode

Although we have a chance of replacing you it won’t be the end of the world if we blow out yet again in the play offs.I watched the game last night and thought Burnley would slaughter us and they are a bottom 6 PL side.I have to wonder if it’s worth the embarrassment of getting to this promised land (that hardly ever is for most clubs )where all the talk is money and spunking it on average players.This season has been crap for fans like myself who goes to at least 90% of games H and A but we have performed well and exceeded my expectations after selling 2 top players and like other clubs losing key players to injuries although the standard this season has been poor.
I would take the same next season in the championship as along with it being a fantastic league ,propping up the PL and getting battered most weeks doesn’t appeal to me.Unless you are a big club with wealthy owners what’s the point.Fulham have a very wealthy owner so they should be able to compete with at least half of these teams and as they have before become an established PL side.I expect them and maybe West Brom to occupy top 2 places next season after that it’s all down to survival for many championship clubs as there will be many clubs with financial issues to resolve post covid.
Ah well at least you will be able to come to our new ground in greater numbers next season and on that subject I will be seeing it for the first time when we play Bournmouth Saturday week and Toney for the first and maybe last time.
Fulham on 09:22 - May 11 with 2363 viewsToast_R

Funny how Scott Parker has come out of this with a lot of plaudits. People saying her has done enough to get another job at a Premier League club for next season because he "carries himself well".

Fulham have been marginally better than their last Premier League campaign but overall have still been sh*t IMO and never convinced anyone they were going to stay up.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 9:24]
Fulham on 09:24 - May 11 with 2361 viewsKonk

Fulham on 07:46 - May 11 by Rs_Holy

hard luck Konk... spend the parachute money wisely and you'll be doing a Norwich, spend it poorly and you might end up doing a Sunderland?... The bottom line is it's much more fun in the Championship :)

This. Man. Is. Our. Director. Of. Football. He also runs a wrestling company and an NFL franchise. So, just the three jobs to concentrate on.

The policy of filling the first XI with loanees wasn’t deliberate - Khan actually said this before last season began: “We get two [Premier League] loans and I can’t be in the business of developing other people’s players when they don’t have time to play them.” We now have to have yet another complete rebuild or rely upon squad players, who even if we get promoted, won’t be suitable for the PL, so will see us needing another complete rebuild at the end of the season.

I love the Championship and prefer it to the PL, but it’s still frustrating watching a clown making the same mistakes every fuc king window. Barry Fry said we were in for Toney but asked to wait until deadline day to do the deal. Not saying Toney would have made much difference, but to go into a PL season with Mitro as our only CF was unbelievable, especially as Mitro had hardly scored millions last time we were up. If Tony Khan’s dad wasn’t a multi-billionaire, and instead worked as a plumber, is there a football club anywhere in the world that would employ Tony Khan as DOF? You know your owner is insanely wealthy when he can throw hundreds of millions at an ‘investment’ and then have his clearly incompetent son run the show. We were in the Pl for 13 years before the Khan’s took over - three relegations in seven seasons now under Khan.

Fulham on 09:27 - May 11 with 2333 viewsTheChef

Fulham on 09:24 - May 11 by Konk

This. Man. Is. Our. Director. Of. Football. He also runs a wrestling company and an NFL franchise. So, just the three jobs to concentrate on.

The policy of filling the first XI with loanees wasn’t deliberate - Khan actually said this before last season began: “We get two [Premier League] loans and I can’t be in the business of developing other people’s players when they don’t have time to play them.” We now have to have yet another complete rebuild or rely upon squad players, who even if we get promoted, won’t be suitable for the PL, so will see us needing another complete rebuild at the end of the season.

I love the Championship and prefer it to the PL, but it’s still frustrating watching a clown making the same mistakes every fuc king window. Barry Fry said we were in for Toney but asked to wait until deadline day to do the deal. Not saying Toney would have made much difference, but to go into a PL season with Mitro as our only CF was unbelievable, especially as Mitro had hardly scored millions last time we were up. If Tony Khan’s dad wasn’t a multi-billionaire, and instead worked as a plumber, is there a football club anywhere in the world that would employ Tony Khan as DOF? You know your owner is insanely wealthy when he can throw hundreds of millions at an ‘investment’ and then have his clearly incompetent son run the show. We were in the Pl for 13 years before the Khan’s took over - three relegations in seven seasons now under Khan.

Oh dear.

This is why on the odd occasion fans have a pop at our owners (thankfully much less frequently these days), I always think 'better the devil you know'.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fulham on 09:29 - May 11 with 2321 viewsstevec

Fulham on 08:53 - May 11 by switchingcode

Although we have a chance of replacing you it won’t be the end of the world if we blow out yet again in the play offs.I watched the game last night and thought Burnley would slaughter us and they are a bottom 6 PL side.I have to wonder if it’s worth the embarrassment of getting to this promised land (that hardly ever is for most clubs )where all the talk is money and spunking it on average players.This season has been crap for fans like myself who goes to at least 90% of games H and A but we have performed well and exceeded my expectations after selling 2 top players and like other clubs losing key players to injuries although the standard this season has been poor.
I would take the same next season in the championship as along with it being a fantastic league ,propping up the PL and getting battered most weeks doesn’t appeal to me.Unless you are a big club with wealthy owners what’s the point.Fulham have a very wealthy owner so they should be able to compete with at least half of these teams and as they have before become an established PL side.I expect them and maybe West Brom to occupy top 2 places next season after that it’s all down to survival for many championship clubs as there will be many clubs with financial issues to resolve post covid.
Ah well at least you will be able to come to our new ground in greater numbers next season and on that subject I will be seeing it for the first time when we play Bournmouth Saturday week and Toney for the first and maybe last time.

But in the last 25 years of largely lower league football (22 of them I think) I would have regretted not having the chance to see us in the final game against Man City, the 3-2 comeback against Liverpool, the subsequent wins against Spurs, Arsenal, Swansea and the last minute winner v Stoke.

Some great memories of League One days, or the second half of them but 17 of the 19 years of championship football have largely been a blur, a good day out rather than a football event.

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
Fulham on 09:47 - May 11 with 2282 viewsKonk

Fulham on 08:53 - May 11 by switchingcode

Well done on getting a ticket for next week, mate. I hope you enjoy it. No offence, but I'm obviously hoping Brentford don't go up - that and Chelsea winning the CL would be the icing on the cake!

Pi ssing about at the bottom, being a bit sh it in the PL isn't much fun, but Leeds, Wolves - even Sheff Utd the previous season - have shown that it doesn't have to be that way. And there is something great about beating any of the wealthiest clubs, on the odd occasion it happens.

But ultimately, I just want my team to be competitive in a competitive division. I got a thousand times more enjoyment being neck-and-neck for promotion all season with Wigan, Carlisle and Swansea in the 4th division, than I ever got from finishing 12-16th in the PL.

From the outside it might seem a bit entitled to moan about Shad Khan - he's spent a fortune and not loaded debt on the club, and the new stand makes it less likely that we'll ever leave the Cottage - but it is incredibly frustrating watching a rich man indulge his son, even though he's proven himself to be completely out of his depth.

Fulham on 09:47 - May 11 with 2280 viewssimmo

I appreciate Fulham have a LOT of loans and won't necessarily be able to keep every player, but I think some of the loans have options to buy - including Maja who could be great in the Championship. They will still have plenty to spend with parachute payments, etc.

Also the likes of Robinson who is amazing, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid, Cavaleiro, Cairney, Hector and even Onomah. Most are proven in the Champ. Similar to Bournemouth they can sell a few, send loans back and still be left with a team that could/should compete for top 6.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fulham on 10:01 - May 11 with 2249 viewsMrSheen

Fulham on 09:22 - May 11 by Toast_R

Funny how Scott Parker has come out of this with a lot of plaudits. People saying her has done enough to get another job at a Premier League club for next season because he "carries himself well".

Fulham have been marginally better than their last Premier League campaign but overall have still been sh*t IMO and never convinced anyone they were going to stay up.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 9:24]

They have had a weird season in this weirdest of seasons. Won away at Liverpool, Everton and Leicester and were a minute away from winning at Arsenal, but only beat West Brom and Sheffield United at home. Maybe Parker could job-share?
Fulham on 10:01 - May 11 with 2248 viewsterryb

Firstly, well done to switchingcode on getting to see a game.

Now, a couple of questions for Konk.

Looking in from the outside I don't expect Fulham to sack Parker, but is there a chance (realistically) that Parker will resign?

Is the Fulham side that is being relegated (after the return of the loanees) any better than the team that limped over the promotion line last season?

I would imagine that he would not view the prospect of having to rebuild Fulham with any great enthusiasm. Especially building the bridges with Johansen & any other player that he deemed as not good enough for The Premier.
Fulham on 10:02 - May 11 with 2244 viewsdaveB

i Imagine they'll be strong next season, all 3 coming down should do well as I don't think any of them will be forced to sell the better players.
Fulham on 10:03 - May 11 with 2241 viewsHunterhoop

Fulham on 09:24 - May 11 by Konk

Good lord.

He looks like a teenager of rich parents, who left him home alone a lot whilst they went out on the lash, and all he did was stay up late binging on surgery snacks watching wrestling with the curtains closed.

That, or he just takes a lot of coke.

How old is he?

Hardly a surprise that a bloke who has never had to work hard and been gifted jobs due to his father’s wealth and business interests turns out to be a complete clown.
Fulham on 10:14 - May 11 with 2211 viewsKonk

Fulham on 09:47 - May 11 by simmo

I appreciate Fulham have a LOT of loans and won't necessarily be able to keep every player, but I think some of the loans have options to buy - including Maja who could be great in the Championship. They will still have plenty to spend with parachute payments, etc.

Also the likes of Robinson who is amazing, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid, Cavaleiro, Cairney, Hector and even Onomah. Most are proven in the Champ. Similar to Bournemouth they can sell a few, send loans back and still be left with a team that could/should compete for top 6.

Robinson looks the part, but really doesn't seem to have any end product. Very rarely causes any problems with balls into the box or onto the edge of area. Contrast couldn't be greater with Ryan Fredericks, who played so many dangerous balls into the box. Possibly not helped by no fu cker being in the box during our time in the PL, but it's also a bit of a chicken and egg thing!

GK - Rodak - quality in the Championship

Defenders
Ream - unconvincing in our last promotion season, totally out of his depth in the PL
Odoi - as above
Hector - looked great before lockdown in Championship, but generally wobbly thereafter
Bryan - good going forward, but very suspect defensively
Robinson - as above, but no end delivery
Kongolo - signed a bloke with a wooden leg who was injured at the time we signed him, and then managed to get about 2 minutes of play out of him.
Mawson - see above - big wages, no-one else will take a chance on him after his latest breakdown at Bristol City. Another CB we signed whilst they were injured.
Tete - not sure he'll fancy playing in the Championship, but he would be quality.
Adarabioyo - was generally very good in the PL until he had a run of inexplicable balls-ups with concentration, which coincided with us losing our way. Think he'd be good in the Championship.

Midfield:

Cairney - injured, but we know he can be quality in the Championship
Johansen - yes, please, but can't imagine there's a huge desire on his part to hang about
Onomah - bang average in the Championship last time round, but alright.
Anguissa - we'll presumably look to sell him, but probably end up loaning him out with us paying 99% of his wages and a £48m loan fee. We'll arrange this ten minutes before the end of deadline day leaving us no time to use the money.
Reed - excellent -it'll be frustrating for him being back in the Championship, but I would make him captain. Retain him and I'll be a lot more confident.

Forwards:

Cavaleiro - frustrating as fu ck, even in the Championship. Not chance of getting rid as he's presumably on a bundle.
Knockaert - as above. Neither contribute much other than running down the same blind alleys every fu cking week.
Mitrovic - Almost a guarantee of 20+ goals in the Championship, but he hasn't been right since after the first lockdown. Looks very unhappy. We'll probably sell him for £6m to Fenerbahce.
Bobby De cordova-Reid - he's alright. Worth retaining in the Championship.

No-one else we have out on loan is going to be of much use when it comes to getting promoted. That squad needs a major overhaul. As for Parker - dunno. In retrospect, he got us promoted with an unconvincing squad after a disastrous season in the PL, but we were dull to watch. Relegated this season, but that was expected. Played some nice stuff, showed he could tighten up the defence, but 9 goals at home in a season is fu cking woeful... but I'd give him another season to see what happens.

Fulham on 10:16 - May 11 with 2207 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fulham on 00:13 - May 11 by Boston

Not quite sure how you can come to that conclusion so quickly.

I started this season thinking they hadn't got a cat in hells chance of staying up with SP as manager but there was a period a few months ago where they were playing great football and looked odds on to overtake Newcastle. Clearly that hasn't happened but I feel SP may have done enough to get another gig (Palace perhaps?) so they might take a while to get going next season.
Fulham on 10:23 - May 11 with 2192 viewsKonk

Fulham on 10:01 - May 11 by MrSheen

They have had a weird season in this weirdest of seasons. Won away at Liverpool, Everton and Leicester and were a minute away from winning at Arsenal, but only beat West Brom and Sheffield United at home. Maybe Parker could job-share?

Yeah, very weird. We'd lost 23(?) on the bounce in the league at Goodison and never won there. We'd only won at Anfield once before, and we'd never won at Arsenal - they equalised 7 mins into stoppage time. We even got a draw at Burnley, where our record is nearly as bad as at Goodison.

Terryb - don't know about Parker. He's made it clear on numerous occasions that things aren't run as he'd like. He's presumably a wealthy bloke, doesn't need the money, and I'm sure someone else would give him a go, but I would guess he'll be in charge next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024