Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v croatia thread. 02:36 - Jun 13 with 8438 viewsqpr_1968

not too confidant on this one.
hope i'm wrong...

1-1
kane for us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England v croatia thread. on 17:20 - Jun 13 with 1345 viewsMick_S

England v croatia thread. on 17:10 - Jun 13 by MedwayR

Walker looked out of sorts to me, although he defended ok, so I wouldn't mind seeing Trippier switch to RB and Shaw come in at LB.

Phillips was very good and the midfield had a nice balance, I initially thought Rice would be the one to push forward with Phillips sitting but Rice did a lot of sitting on the left to support the out-of-position Trippier. What I like about Phillips and Rice is that they're both comfortable on the ball so they can do more than just sit.

Sterling was good, I can't see where Grealish will get a game never mind Sancho.

The big concern was that Kane couldn't get into the game.

Very decent start - England’s pressing game nullified Croatia, who badly miss a centre forward. It will be very interesting to see how we cope with Dykes next week.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 17:21]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v croatia thread. on 17:24 - Jun 13 with 1323 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 17:09 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

Walker? That’s pretty generous of you. First half he couldn’t do anything right, arguably the worst player on the pitch. Much better second but no where near the level to move into MOTM territory. Phillips for me and I’m not his biggest fan.

Opinions eh.

Thought his defending was outstanding.
England v croatia thread. on 17:30 - Jun 13 with 1293 viewsdanehoop

England v croatia thread. on 17:24 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

Thought his defending was outstanding.

Agree that Philips was MoM, but thought that Walker was exceptionally good in the second half with interceptions and defending that were top class. He really showed experience, pace and nous to deal with threats and support the rest of the defence.

Never knowingly understood

England v croatia thread. on 17:34 - Jun 13 with 1274 viewsQPROslo

Phillips looked the best player on the pitch for me, ball winning in midfield, drove forward well, and delivered some defence opening passes, one of which won us the game.
England v croatia thread. on 17:49 - Jun 13 with 1215 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 17:30 - Jun 13 by danehoop

Agree that Philips was MoM, but thought that Walker was exceptionally good in the second half with interceptions and defending that were top class. He really showed experience, pace and nous to deal with threats and support the rest of the defence.

I thought Walker was excellent second half too. Just saying first half I thought he was the worst player on the pitch so hard to move into MOTM selection from that start off point. But as has been said it’s about opinions
England v croatia thread. on 19:13 - Jun 13 with 1029 viewsgazza1

We beat a second rate Croatia side by a goal.......they are very limited side indeed. I read that someone thought Trippier did well - tell me exactly what he did well, my view was that he was 'bang average'. Took one free kick and hit the wall, cut inside all game or played the ball back to the CB's most times....no major issues but I want a lot more than that and England will need a lot more than that if we are going to win anything. Grealish cant even get 25 minutes at the end of the match - shocking.
England v croatia thread. on 19:23 - Jun 13 with 993 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 19:13 - Jun 13 by gazza1

We beat a second rate Croatia side by a goal.......they are very limited side indeed. I read that someone thought Trippier did well - tell me exactly what he did well, my view was that he was 'bang average'. Took one free kick and hit the wall, cut inside all game or played the ball back to the CB's most times....no major issues but I want a lot more than that and England will need a lot more than that if we are going to win anything. Grealish cant even get 25 minutes at the end of the match - shocking.

Nm
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 19:27]
England v croatia thread. on 19:44 - Jun 13 with 922 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 19:13 - Jun 13 by gazza1

The first time ever we won the opening game of our tournament, that’s a fact and one we have to credit the manager for. We have lost or drawn against worse teams than that first up. Why haven’t we won a game in a euro championship before, in our history? Let’s just skim over that right? We’ve just played and not looked like letting a goal in, solid defensive shape which they never looked like breaking down. If you studied Trippiers game I agree he didn’t do a huge amount to praise but he certainly didn’t do much for fans to criticise, he did his job. On top of that, If you looked at how many crosses Croatia put in from his side id put money on the fact it was a lot less than if Shaw had started which was clearly the plan. How many times Tirppier got tight to the winger or full back to stop the cross was impressive. But yep, let’s ignore the facts and cling to what would have been if Grealish had started, easy 4 nil right??
Login to get fewer ads

England v croatia thread. on 19:52 - Jun 13 with 909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 19:44 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

The first time ever we won the opening game of our tournament, that’s a fact and one we have to credit the manager for. We have lost or drawn against worse teams than that first up. Why haven’t we won a game in a euro championship before, in our history? Let’s just skim over that right? We’ve just played and not looked like letting a goal in, solid defensive shape which they never looked like breaking down. If you studied Trippiers game I agree he didn’t do a huge amount to praise but he certainly didn’t do much for fans to criticise, he did his job. On top of that, If you looked at how many crosses Croatia put in from his side id put money on the fact it was a lot less than if Shaw had started which was clearly the plan. How many times Tirppier got tight to the winger or full back to stop the cross was impressive. But yep, let’s ignore the facts and cling to what would have been if Grealish had started, easy 4 nil right??

Against World Cup finalists that beat us last time round no less.
England v croatia thread. on 19:56 - Jun 13 with 898 viewskensalriser

Quite funny reading all the pre-match pant wetting.

As comfortable a 1-0 win as you'll ever see.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v croatia thread. on 19:56 - Jun 13 with 898 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 19:52 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Against World Cup finalists that beat us last time round no less.

We did draw 0 0 with them and beat them 2 1 in The Nations League since think they looked a decent ish team in midfield quite solid defensively but without anything going forward a bit like Rangers up to December this season.
England v croatia thread. on 20:01 - Jun 13 with 877 viewsBAWHoops

Trippier completely cut off Croatia's main avenue for goals, crosses from the right.
Their two goals against us in the semi final came from that. Today... nothing.

Did well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England v croatia thread. on 20:05 - Jun 13 with 871 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 19:56 - Jun 13 by denhamhoop2

We did draw 0 0 with them and beat them 2 1 in The Nations League since think they looked a decent ish team in midfield quite solid defensively but without anything going forward a bit like Rangers up to December this season.

I’m always reluctant to count Nations League but I take your point.

I don’t think Croatia are world beaters that’s for sure but certainly not to be sniffed at. It’s going to be a disappointing tournament if we expect to cruise through teams of their stature.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 20:06]
England v croatia thread. on 20:07 - Jun 13 with 867 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 20:01 - Jun 13 by BAWHoops

Trippier completely cut off Croatia's main avenue for goals, crosses from the right.

Did well

Might have helped there was no Mandukic to get on the end of any crosses Croatia looked tidy but toothless
England v croatia thread. on 20:28 - Jun 13 with 825 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 19:44 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

1-0 against a second rate side.....I am very pleased but not enough for me but I presume you are because of history. Poor side indeed and so I would expect to win comfortably without conceding, 3-0 would not be too excessive.

Trippier was average, you recognise that I think, he had no defending to do just like most of the defenders.......nothing impressive imho, his job basically. Cant recall any positive work from him in their third of the field.

Southgate has another easy match on Friday and I would expect another comfortable win, despite Southgate managing the team.
England v croatia thread. on 20:30 - Jun 13 with 822 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 20:01 - Jun 13 by BAWHoops

Did well

What has' previous' got to do with today??? and what did Trippier do well???
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 20:30]
England v croatia thread. on 20:31 - Jun 13 with 815 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 20:28 - Jun 13 by gazza1

1-0 against a second rate side.....I am very pleased but not enough for me but I presume you are because of history. Poor side indeed and so I would expect to win comfortably without conceding, 3-0 would not be too excessive.

Trippier was average, you recognise that I think, he had no defending to do just like most of the defenders.......nothing impressive imho, his job basically. Cant recall any positive work from him in their third of the field.

Southgate has another easy match on Friday and I would expect another comfortable win, despite Southgate managing the team.

I would predict Stones and Mings will not enjoy as easy a game on Friday as they did today as both Dykes and Adams are quite physical and direct players
England v croatia thread. on 20:36 - Jun 13 with 791 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 20:31 - Jun 13 by denhamhoop2

I would predict Stones and Mings will not enjoy as easy a game on Friday as they did today as both Dykes and Adams are quite physical and direct players

Not sure how you can predict what you have said.......who does Dykes play for?? And Adams and Stones/Mings???
England v croatia thread. on 20:46 - Jun 13 with 768 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 20:36 - Jun 13 by gazza1

Not sure how you can predict what you have said.......who does Dykes play for?? And Adams and Stones/Mings???

I hope you are being facetious about Dykes as for Adams he plays for Southampton Stones plays for Man City and Mings for Aston Villa just think both got a fairly easy game as Croatia were playing Milan's left winger up front would expect England to have enough control and quality to not allow much supply to Scotland's forward.
England v croatia thread. on 20:49 - Jun 13 with 755 viewskensalriser

England v croatia thread. on 20:36 - Jun 13 by gazza1

Stop being such a miserable git.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v croatia thread. on 20:57 - Jun 13 with 729 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 20:46 - Jun 13 by denhamhoop2

I hope you are being facetious about Dykes as for Adams he plays for Southampton Stones plays for Man City and Mings for Aston Villa just think both got a fairly easy game as Croatia were playing Milan's left winger up front would expect England to have enough control and quality to not allow much supply to Scotland's forward.

Not sure that I understand your two posts.....I would be very surprised if the England defenders will not be able to cope, reasonably comfortably, with the Scotland attackers The two Scotland attackers that you mention are not actually 'top of the bill' players.
England v croatia thread. on 20:59 - Jun 13 with 719 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 20:49 - Jun 13 by kensalriser

Stop being such a miserable git.

I am miserable, sadly, because I think we have a real chance if Southgate gets it right.....today he has failed despite winning.
England v croatia thread. on 21:05 - Jun 13 with 704 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 20:59 - Jun 13 by gazza1

I am miserable, sadly, because I think we have a real chance if Southgate gets it right.....today he has failed despite winning.

This is why the other Home Countries laugh at us.

We have no reason to be this entitled!
England v croatia thread. on 21:10 - Jun 13 with 681 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 21:05 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is why the other Home Countries laugh at us.

We have no reason to be this entitled!

All of the other countries are extremely limited, I would suggest that they envy our team but want us to fail.....we are not limited - we have some proper good players and we should be close. We are not entitled to anything and I do not expect it either.
England v croatia thread. on 21:31 - Jun 13 with 629 viewsTW_R

England v croatia thread. on 21:10 - Jun 13 by gazza1

All of the other countries are extremely limited, I would suggest that they envy our team but want us to fail.....we are not limited - we have some proper good players and we should be close. We are not entitled to anything and I do not expect it either.

Eh? These are your words.

“ Poor side indeed and so I would expect to win comfortably without conceding, 3-0 would not be too excessive.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024