Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v croatia thread. 02:36 - Jun 13 with 8437 viewsqpr_1968

not too confidant on this one.
hope i'm wrong...

1-1
kane for us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England v croatia thread. on 21:35 - Jun 13 with 1377 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 21:10 - Jun 13 by gazza1

All of the other countries are extremely limited, I would suggest that they envy our team but want us to fail.....we are not limited - we have some proper good players and we should be close. We are not entitled to anything and I do not expect it either.

I may be wrong, but I think both Wales and Croatia both have more League, European, and International medal winners than us. I’d even estimate Modric and Bale have more than the entire England squad combined on their own. They aren’t far behind us in the ranking either. None of these things mean they are better than us, but all together means they are far from limited.

We’ve been bitten by overconfidence in every major tournament since TV was in black and white. Perhaps some more respect for our opposition and a bit of humility is earned no?

I reckon you’d enjoy the tournament more too!
England v croatia thread. on 21:40 - Jun 13 with 1349 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 20:59 - Jun 13 by gazza1

I am miserable, sadly, because I think we have a real chance if Southgate gets it right.....today he has failed despite winning.

“Today he has failed despite winning” is a ridiculous statement. Last euro championship we drew against a terrible Russian team, 1992 drew with Denmark, some loses against Portugal and France in there and remember the draw against Switzerland in euro 1996 well. You ignore history and want us to be smashing a team that beat us in the last tournament we played in by 3 or 4. We got the result and didn’t really give the opposition any chances. For someone that always seems to value result as key and for players to do their job, surprised you’re not happy with what Southgate delivered today.
England v croatia thread. on 21:45 - Jun 13 with 1329 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 21:40 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

“Today he has failed despite winning” is a ridiculous statement. Last euro championship we drew against a terrible Russian team, 1992 drew with Denmark, some loses against Portugal and France in there and remember the draw against Switzerland in euro 1996 well. You ignore history and want us to be smashing a team that beat us in the last tournament we played in by 3 or 4. We got the result and didn’t really give the opposition any chances. For someone that always seems to value result as key and for players to do their job, surprised you’re not happy with what Southgate delivered today.

Why do you keep talking about years ago???? I am talking now!!!

All I would say is that we got 3 points against an average side.
England v croatia thread. on 21:47 - Jun 13 with 1326 viewsdaveB

England v croatia thread. on 20:59 - Jun 13 by gazza1

I am miserable, sadly, because I think we have a real chance if Southgate gets it right.....today he has failed despite winning.

how did he fail? The big calls he made were all correct. Sterling got the winner and won man of the match, Phillips was outstanding in midfield and back 4 all played well.
England v croatia thread. on 21:53 - Jun 13 with 1292 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 21:47 - Jun 13 by daveB

how did he fail? The big calls he made were all correct. Sterling got the winner and won man of the match, Phillips was outstanding in midfield and back 4 all played well.

What big calls???
England v croatia thread. on 21:57 - Jun 13 with 1277 viewsBazzeR

It was very evident today that England were set up conservatively to not lose the opening game.

Both F/Backs never crossed the halfway line and Trippier in particular had a big bonus that Sterling was willing to track back and block any space.

I would expect a bit more in an attacking sense from the side in the next couple of games with qualification more or less guaranteed.

Better teams will undoubtably expose mistakes in both current C/ Backs and the Keeper but I’m hoping we may play some Warbsball and out score them.
England v croatia thread. on 22:11 - Jun 13 with 1225 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 21:53 - Jun 13 by gazza1

What big calls???

The ones you whined about on page two!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 22:12]
England v croatia thread. on 22:15 - Jun 13 with 1210 viewsdaveB

What big calls???

big calls was who to play wide alongside Kane, he went with Foden and Sterling who both played well.

Whether to go with a back 3 or a 3rd central midfielder was a big call and again he got it right, Phillips was outstanding
Login to get fewer ads

England v croatia thread. on 22:30 - Jun 13 with 1156 viewsted_hendrix

Well done England--players--Manager and coaching staff, keep yourself grounded, listen to the coaches and the Manager and quietly move on to the next game.

Cheered me up no end after the bloody cricket.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England v croatia thread. on 22:36 - Jun 13 with 1143 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 22:30 - Jun 13 by ted_hendrix

Well done England--players--Manager and coaching staff, keep yourself grounded, listen to the coaches and the Manager and quietly move on to the next game.

Cheered me up no end after the bloody cricket.

Next.

Yep could be worse football wise I am not sure at the minute who are worse England's cricket team or Middlesex CCC (not really think Root would beat the second on his own let alone watching Broad and Anderson bowl at Holden and Robson shiver)
England v croatia thread. on 22:41 - Jun 13 with 1135 viewsjoe90

Great result for England. Croatia defended very well which made Philips ball and Sterlings finish so good. We showed we could produce the decisive pass/finish to win the game which makes up for all the other mistakes. I think we'll improve and grow in confidence over the next few games. We've had arguably the toughest of the group games. My hearts not really in it but I would be happy if England win.
England v croatia thread. on 23:09 - Jun 13 with 1077 viewsCamberleyR

What big calls???

Have a day off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v croatia thread. on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 871 viewsfrancisbowles

Interesting that no one has mentioned Modric's contribution to the game. We handled him so well that he was forced deeper and deeper trying to get on the ball, to little effect.

Good teamwork and good tactics from the manager and coaches.
England v croatia thread. on 09:52 - Jun 14 with 850 viewsBAWHoops

Assume the people moaning in here wouldn't celebrate if we won it with a tight 1-0 win and Jack Grealish staying on the bench

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England v croatia thread. on 09:54 - Jun 14 with 848 viewsdaveB

England v croatia thread. on 09:45 - Jun 14 by francisbowles

Interesting that no one has mentioned Modric's contribution to the game. We handled him so well that he was forced deeper and deeper trying to get on the ball, to little effect.

Good teamwork and good tactics from the manager and coaches.

Emma Hayes did a good analysis of this on ITV yesterday, she spoke about how first half he was being given too much space to play but second half we blocked that space off well and he was having to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball having no real influence
England v croatia thread. on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 786 viewsfrancisbowles

England v croatia thread. on 09:54 - Jun 14 by daveB

Emma Hayes did a good analysis of this on ITV yesterday, she spoke about how first half he was being given too much space to play but second half we blocked that space off well and he was having to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball having no real influence

Thanks DaveB, I didn't see that. Seems that if you stop Modric, you stop Croatia. Let him near your penalty area and he is capable of threading a pass to a striker, push him deeper and he can still pass but the team has to get the ball up the pitch and they weren't great at that.

Something that Scotland and the Czech Republic are sure to learn from when it is their turn.
England v croatia thread. on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 722 viewsGroveR

England v croatia thread. on 17:34 - Jun 13 by QPROslo

Phillips looked the best player on the pitch for me, ball winning in midfield, drove forward well, and delivered some defence opening passes, one of which won us the game.

I thought he was superb. I only hope if he starts to get picked out for more cynical marking he can keep a lid on his temper.
England v croatia thread. on 11:27 - Jun 14 with 709 viewskensalriser

Was the reason people thought Phillips not good enough because he doesn't play for a top side? He's had a great season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v croatia thread. on 11:35 - Jun 14 with 684 viewsswisscottage

All I can say, is thank god Southgate is England manager and not Gazza
England v croatia thread. on 11:41 - Jun 14 with 669 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 11:35 - Jun 14 by swisscottage

Would be a right laugh though!
England v croatia thread. on 12:01 - Jun 14 with 627 viewsrobith

I thought England were fine and professional.

No way that electric start could be kept up in the heat, and you don't want to be knackered vs a passing team like Croatia
England v croatia thread. on 12:10 - Jun 14 with 607 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 11:35 - Jun 14 by swisscottage

That would be like Argentina picking Maradona the highlight being him telling the Argentinian press to "Suck It and Keep on Sucking It" as they struggled to qualify for the 2010 World Cup
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024