Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v croatia thread. 02:36 - Jun 13 with 8439 viewsqpr_1968

not too confidant on this one.
hope i'm wrong...

1-1
kane for us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England v croatia thread. on 13:02 - Jun 13 with 1325 viewsgazza1

I still think we will win today but how can Southgate possible pick Trippier on the left side??? A right back who has struggled recently. He has left out Shaw and Chilwell, two proper left sided attacking players who can also defend and have been who excellent all season......makes no sense at all. Plus he leaves our most potent midfielder (Grealish) on the bench. I would like to know Southgate's justification.

Southgate is a problem!!!
England v croatia thread. on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 1302 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 12:56 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is it possible he’s shoe horned him in just for set pieces?

Partly. More because he’s scared of Mings I’d imagine. Wants the most defensive minded fullback and one that can tuck in and help out. Will be less space between him and Mings than if a more attack minded left back was in.
England v croatia thread. on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 1296 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 12:54 - Jun 13 by distortR

tbh, i don't think phillips is a disaster waiting to happen, he's just.............nothing really, at this level. For me, Mings is the potential calamity.
Chilwell has been very good recently, alas, shoe-in for me.

I can understand why he has selected Mings and Phillips, not saying Southgate is right but it isnt massive for me......Grealish and a left footed player at LB/LWB.
England v croatia thread. on 13:08 - Jun 13 with 1284 viewsgazza1

England v croatia thread. on 13:05 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

Partly. More because he’s scared of Mings I’d imagine. Wants the most defensive minded fullback and one that can tuck in and help out. Will be less space between him and Mings than if a more attack minded left back was in.

These players are the best in the country, some are the best in the world.....they should all be able to take a free kick, Harry Kane, Grealish and a couple more. As for defending,, both Shaw and Chilwell can defend very good indeed, Trippier is not better than them at defending.
England v croatia thread. on 13:13 - Jun 13 with 1257 viewsdistortR

England v croatia thread. on 13:05 - Jun 13 by gazza1

I can understand why he has selected Mings and Phillips, not saying Southgate is right but it isnt massive for me......Grealish and a left footed player at LB/LWB.

I don't think either are of the quality needed, but I agree options in their positions are limited. And yeah, this formation meant that Grealish could have been picked from the start
England v croatia thread. on 13:15 - Jun 13 with 1252 viewspaulparker

England v croatia thread. on 12:24 - Jun 13 by ozexile

It's just incredible isn't it.

Yep Southgate fcuks around with this side to much
He still doesn’t know his best eleven

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v croatia thread. on 13:17 - Jun 13 with 1247 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 13:08 - Jun 13 by gazza1

These players are the best in the country, some are the best in the world.....they should all be able to take a free kick, Harry Kane, Grealish and a couple more. As for defending,, both Shaw and Chilwell can defend very good indeed, Trippier is not better than them at defending.

Look, I would have played Chilwell, showed he’s decent defensively in the champs league final. But Trippier’s experience and coaching under Simeone - they really go on about his improvement defensively - I think does suggest he’s the more defensively minded of all the full backs. Being right footed will mean he can easily tuck in to stop the ball in between Mings and the full back. As I said, I wouldn’t have done it but that’s my guess on why he’s gone for that selection. A fit Maguire, you wouldn’t see Trippier starting.
England v croatia thread. on 13:18 - Jun 13 with 1241 viewsMedwayR

Trippier is England's best RB and should be playing RB. We have 2 perfectly good LB's plus Saka who can play there, I really don't get that one.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

England v croatia thread. on 13:23 - Jun 13 with 1225 viewsdenhamhoop2

England v croatia thread. on 13:05 - Jun 13 by PhilmyRs

If he has so little faith in Mings then why pick him in the squad let alone in the team. I could understand picking Trippier on the left when Chilwell and Shaw were injured but not now. Then throw in Phillips and Rice in midfield Jesus wept QPR have more creativity in midfield than England. Sterling is being picked because of his reputation rather than form as he has been little short of awful for 5 months
England v croatia thread. on 13:23 - Jun 13 with 1225 viewsQPRSteve

Typical England Manager. Leaves out what looks like our best creative option in Grealish. Don't see what Phillips brings to the side. I wish Southgate would be brave and let the opposition worry about us for a change,
England v croatia thread. on 13:26 - Jun 13 with 1199 viewsozexile

England v croatia thread. on 13:15 - Jun 13 by paulparker

Yep Southgate fcuks around with this side to much
He still doesn’t know his best eleven

I'd love to sit him down and just ask him ,why?
England v croatia thread. on 13:27 - Jun 13 with 1193 viewsCamberleyR

England v croatia thread. on 07:15 - Jun 13 by traininvain

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result, particularly given that the winner of our group will play the runner up of France, Germany and Portugal.

And it’s rare that the eventual winner starts strong. Better to build momentum as the tournament progresses.

It's not as rare as you think that the eventual winner doesn't start well.

West Germany/ Germany in 1980 and 1996
France in 1984 and 2000
Spain in 2008

All of those won at least their first two matches.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v croatia thread. on 13:31 - Jun 13 with 1182 viewsCamberleyR

England v croatia thread. on 12:54 - Jun 13 by distortR

tbh, i don't think phillips is a disaster waiting to happen, he's just.............nothing really, at this level. For me, Mings is the potential calamity.
Chilwell has been very good recently, alas, shoe-in for me.

"tbh, i don't think phillips is a disaster waiting to happen, he's just.............nothing really, at this level."

This. Bellingham should be starting in Phillips' place. Bellingham is going to be something a bit special.

I think this is going to be one of those games where the finishing XI is going to be the XI that should have started.

England v croatia thread. on 13:31 - Jun 13 with 1180 viewsPhilmyRs

England v croatia thread. on 13:23 - Jun 13 by QPRSteve

Typical England Manager. Leaves out what looks like our best creative option in Grealish. Don't see what Phillips brings to the side. I wish Southgate would be brave and let the opposition worry about us for a change,

These are long tournaments (hopefully) you grow into them and formations and players change. First games are always rubbish. He’s gone more defensive, with experience. It could be good for Grealish, miss a game played in 90 degree heat where teams always underperform in the first game and then set the tournament alight later. He’s not played too much Football either so logic in holding him back there too. Keep him eager and hungry to make an impression.

If this is the Manager’s best 11 and he’s going to retain it for most of the tournament I’d be disappointed to put it politely.
England v croatia thread. on 13:40 - Jun 13 with 1161 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v croatia thread. on 13:02 - Jun 13 by gazza1

I still think we will win today but how can Southgate possible pick Trippier on the left side??? A right back who has struggled recently. He has left out Shaw and Chilwell, two proper left sided attacking players who can also defend and have been who excellent all season......makes no sense at all. Plus he leaves our most potent midfielder (Grealish) on the bench. I would like to know Southgate's justification.

Southgate is a problem!!!

I think hysterical England fans are a bigger problem.

Let's hang him afterward eh.
England v croatia thread. on 13:45 - Jun 13 with 1139 viewsozexile

England v croatia thread. on 13:40 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think hysterical England fans are a bigger problem.

Let's hang him afterward eh.

2 X keepers on the bench. Just what we need.
England v croatia thread. on 13:53 - Jun 13 with 1108 viewsMaggsinho

England v croatia thread. on 13:45 - Jun 13 by ozexile

2 X keepers on the bench. Just what we need.

It's a UEFA rule that you have to have two goalkeepers named on the bench so you can't hold that against Southgate.
England v croatia thread. on 14:00 - Jun 13 with 1080 viewsCamberleyR

Not so sure that kit that Croatia are wearing will do them much of a favour on a roasting day like today. Blackpool August 2003 anyone?

England v croatia thread. on 14:06 - Jun 13 with 1061 viewsizlingtonhoop

Cliff Richard didn't even lead the national anthem.
Bit the shadows are still spoiling the view...
England v croatia thread. on 14:12 - Jun 13 with 1033 viewsdenhamhoop2

Just had the ball wide on the left waiting for the left back to give an outlet down the line sadly is not gonna happen with Trippier there
England v croatia thread. on 14:22 - Jun 13 with 974 viewspaulparker

Sterling gets in some great positions but delivers very little

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v croatia thread. on 14:22 - Jun 13 with 972 viewsrsonist

This is alright. Knew it was that fcking Supporters Band all along.
England v croatia thread. on 14:32 - Jun 13 with 910 viewsrsonist

Getting interesting now. It's what happens when momentum fades that shows how good a team really is.
England v croatia thread. on 14:32 - Jun 13 with 908 viewsMrSheen

Barely seen Kane so far.
England v croatia thread. on 14:35 - Jun 13 with 882 viewsdenhamhoop2

Looks like most of the early afternoon games will be played like this very hard to keep pressing in the mid day sun. Would expect the game to open up second half when subs freshen things up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024