Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle takeover 20:02 - Oct 7 with 20464 viewsdigswellhoop

Any one feel for steve bruce not what fans wanted but done a job Ashley's done what he said he would any sympathy there
Newcastle takeover on 12:07 - Nov 9 with 2738 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 11:43 - Nov 9 by stowmarketrange

Lucky he never joined Sunderland or he be called Hway man.

We don’t talk about them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Newcastle takeover on 12:12 - Nov 9 with 2707 viewsJuzzie

Nothing against Howe but he's hardly the marquee appointment that the toon fans were probably wanting. I reckon they're all a bit deflated at the mo'. Arf.

I kinda want Howe to do well to show that clubs don't need marquee managers and most of the time they are actually worse.
Newcastle takeover on 12:16 - Nov 9 with 2697 viewsManinBlack

Newcastle takeover on 12:07 - Nov 9 by Mick_S

We don’t talk about them.

Even the mighty Mansfield knocked them out of the FA Cup and they were the away team. Lost every match since the penalty shoot out.
Newcastle takeover on 12:28 - Nov 9 with 2652 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle takeover on 12:12 - Nov 9 by Juzzie

Nothing against Howe but he's hardly the marquee appointment that the toon fans were probably wanting. I reckon they're all a bit deflated at the mo'. Arf.

I kinda want Howe to do well to show that clubs don't need marquee managers and most of the time they are actually worse.

A few Geordie fans said a couple of weeks ago that at least they won’t be getting Eddie Howe as a manager now they’ve got money.Now they’ll be over the moon I guess.But I can’t understand Howe taking the poisoned chalice of the Newcastle job.
He can’t really win there in my view.If he keeps them up,he will probably be sacked for a big name,and he will carry the can and get sacked if they get relegated.
Newcastle takeover on 12:34 - Nov 9 with 2620 viewsKonk

Newcastle takeover on 12:28 - Nov 9 by stowmarketrange

A few Geordie fans said a couple of weeks ago that at least they won’t be getting Eddie Howe as a manager now they’ve got money.Now they’ll be over the moon I guess.But I can’t understand Howe taking the poisoned chalice of the Newcastle job.
He can’t really win there in my view.If he keeps them up,he will probably be sacked for a big name,and he will carry the can and get sacked if they get relegated.

He's got a 2.5 year contract and he'll get to collect the lot, even if he's only there until the end of the season. They'll spend money at Christmas. If he keeps them up then he's enhanced his reputation and might get to stay on at a club that will be looking to spend big at every opportunity.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Newcastle takeover on 12:36 - Nov 9 with 2611 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 12:28 - Nov 9 by stowmarketrange

Don’t think they’ll be a mad rush to dress up like Eddie Howe. Those crazy geordies.

Newcastle takeover on 12:59 - Nov 9 with 2568 viewsKonk

Newcastle takeover on 12:36 - Nov 9 by Mick_S

Don’t think they’ll be a mad rush to dress up like Eddie Howe. Those crazy geordies.

"WE ARE THE GEORDIES, THE ZANY GEORDIES, FOR WE ARE MENTAL, FOR WE ARE MAD, WE'RE THE CRAZIEST FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!"

My name's Keith, I live in Prudhoe and I've had a season ticket at St James's since 1994. During the week, I work as a Civil Engineer, but at the weekend, I like to dress-up as an Arab and go to the football. I'm 54 years old.

Newcastle takeover on 13:03 - Nov 9 with 2548 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle takeover on 12:34 - Nov 9 by Konk

He's got a 2.5 year contract and he'll get to collect the lot, even if he's only there until the end of the season. They'll spend money at Christmas. If he keeps them up then he's enhanced his reputation and might get to stay on at a club that will be looking to spend big at every opportunity.

But what will it do for his reputation if it all goes wrong like it did for him at Burnley?And Will their fickle fans accept a mediocre manager rather than a big name?
I can understand a mercenary like Hughes or redknapp only thinking of the money,but he should be a bit more ambitious as a young manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle takeover on 13:07 - Nov 9 with 2537 viewsKonk

Newcastle takeover on 13:03 - Nov 9 by stowmarketrange

But what will it do for his reputation if it all goes wrong like it did for him at Burnley?And Will their fickle fans accept a mediocre manager rather than a big name?
I can understand a mercenary like Hughes or redknapp only thinking of the money,but he should be a bit more ambitious as a young manager.

I suppose you have to back yourself to do well. He'll have 2.5 years worth of money however sh it it goes, and he'll still have credit from his time at Bournemouth. I don't think it matters too much for him how badly it goes, as Newcastle are probably about as big as club as he's going to get, without first doing well at a club of their size.

Newcastle takeover on 13:10 - Nov 9 with 2529 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 12:59 - Nov 9 by Konk

"WE ARE THE GEORDIES, THE ZANY GEORDIES, FOR WE ARE MENTAL, FOR WE ARE MAD, WE'RE THE CRAZIEST FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!"

My name's Keith, I live in Prudhoe and I've had a season ticket at St James's since 1994. During the week, I work as a Civil Engineer, but at the weekend, I like to dress-up as an Arab and go to the football. I'm 54 years old.

Kick, head, smuuuuurk.

Newcastle takeover on 14:54 - Nov 9 with 2421 viewskensalriser

Yeah I think Howe's a good choice for Newcastle, unfortunately, as I would love for them to crash and burn. Still got his work cut out to keep them up though, given the instability caused by the takeover and likely squad rifts if they decide to spend big in January - and what odds on new signings being the overpaid over the hill unmotivated sort we're so familiar with.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Newcastle takeover on 18:28 - Nov 9 with 2220 viewsDavieQPR

Howe ought to thank the media for getting him this job. They have tried to link him to every available job but no one else wanted him. Has done nothing outside Bournemouth and spent a lot of their cash on not particularly good players.
Newcastle takeover on 19:03 - Nov 9 with 2181 viewsWatfordR

There's a few managers out there whose reputation is based on coaching smaller clubs to survival in the Prem and who have found moving to bigger clubs, where the expectation is to win games, beyond them. Roy Hodgson at Liverpool and Sam Allardyce at Newcastle among them.

I suspect Howe will keep them up, and be out by this time next year, as soon as someone a bit sexier is available.
Newcastle takeover on 19:18 - Nov 9 with 2134 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 19:03 - Nov 9 by WatfordR

There's a few managers out there whose reputation is based on coaching smaller clubs to survival in the Prem and who have found moving to bigger clubs, where the expectation is to win games, beyond them. Roy Hodgson at Liverpool and Sam Allardyce at Newcastle among them.

I suspect Howe will keep them up, and be out by this time next year, as soon as someone a bit sexier is available.

Sexier and just been sacked.

Newcastle takeover on 14:07 - Nov 10 with 1963 viewsNewhopphoops

Newcastle takeover on 12:59 - Nov 9 by Konk

I'm still looking for the shirtless - NUFC stomach tatt - teatowel "perfect hat trick"
Newcastle takeover on 14:19 - Nov 10 with 1920 viewsdaveB

Newcastle takeover on 18:28 - Nov 9 by DavieQPR

Howe ought to thank the media for getting him this job. They have tried to link him to every available job but no one else wanted him. Has done nothing outside Bournemouth and spent a lot of their cash on not particularly good players.

He's only had one other job so a bit harsh there. He did a good job at Bournemouth in both spells, taking a club from league two to the premier league was superb regardless to how much they spent. Other clubs spent more and got nowhere near what they did
Newcastle takeover on 15:12 - Nov 10 with 1843 viewsLazyFan

Howe is all they could get.
Every manager knows it's a rebuilding jobbie even with money. The manager comes in, splash the cash, gets in some players who either keep them up or cruise the champ next season.

Then once they are an established Prem club (however many seasons that takes) as in good enough to avoid relegation, then that manager will be sacked for bigger name manager reputational wise to come in who can actually attract the mega players of this world (as he's probably coached them before). This is what City did.

So, out of average Prem managers, Howe is the best pick who's available (cheap) and would take it. For Howe he gets a few years (hopefully) to get his win rate in the Prem up. Makes his CV look good with a higher Prem win rate and can go onto the next club which will be lower than Newcastle (who by then will be seen as a big club after splashing cash around) which will probably be a club like Everton.

For Howe it's the opportunity to create a 10-year career in lucrative football management out of this one opportunity. Sure it could go wrong real fast, but that could happen in any other post. In this post, he will have lots of money to spend, which is a rarity for middle-level Prem managers. Thus low risk for him.

If it goes the other way and he wins like the FA or League cup he's a hero (even though it was bought) and might even have the uber slight chance of staying even longer.

Howe has won the lottery here. Newcastle fans won't care as long as they buy in a load of big names, even if they get relegated they won't fear as it will probably be an instant bounce back. Our Dunne vs Maximum could be an interesting bruising encounter :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Newcastle takeover on 16:32 - Nov 10 with 1761 viewsPinnerPaul

Newcastle takeover on 14:19 - Nov 10 by daveB

He's only had one other job so a bit harsh there. He did a good job at Bournemouth in both spells, taking a club from league two to the premier league was superb regardless to how much they spent. Other clubs spent more and got nowhere near what they did

We've been down this road before Dave, here's 18/19 for example

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/transfers/verein/989/plus/?saiso
Newcastle takeover on 17:00 - Nov 10 with 1711 viewsdaveB

Newcastle takeover on 16:32 - Nov 10 by PinnerPaul

We've been down this road before Dave, here's 18/19 for example

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/transfers/verein/989/plus/?saiso

meant more to get them from league 2 to the prem was an incredible job. Of course they spent plenty along the way
Newcastle takeover on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 1692 viewsJuzzie

Howe is already made for life. He's now made for life, life, life. Even if he gets the boot this time next year he'll probably never need to work again. Of course,he'll probably want to as it's in his blood, plus the missus probably doesn't wan thim hanging around the house all day!
Newcastle takeover on 17:43 - Nov 10 with 1639 viewsted_hendrix

Dont give a toss who Manages them as long as they crash and burn.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Newcastle takeover on 19:55 - Nov 10 with 1576 viewsdezzar

Their deluded ,clueless,gullible ,fans always worshiping the next false messia , never fail to amuse me . Divs
Newcastle takeover on 20:37 - Nov 11 with 1355 viewsrrrspricey

Newcastle takeover on 09:19 - Nov 12 with 1232 viewsPinnerPaul

Newcastle takeover on 17:00 - Nov 10 by daveB

meant more to get them from league 2 to the prem was an incredible job. Of course they spent plenty along the way

Fair enough
Newcastle takeover on 10:40 - Nov 13 with 1055 viewsfrancisbowles

Newcastle takeover on 13:03 - Nov 9 by stowmarketrange

Was his Burnley experience that bad?

They finished 13th in his only full season and, without spending very much, arguably put some building blocks in place for Dykes to inherit and improve.

Overall record W35 D17 L34 PPG 1.42.

I can't remember the details around his departure but he walked back into Bournemouth two days later and I understand Mrs Howe was very relieved to be home!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024