Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... 17:45 - Mar 5 with 6905 viewsthompsonridd

.....we needed a striker in January!!
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:46 - Mar 5 with 3885 viewsDamo1962

We need a new Gallen.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:51 - Mar 5 with 3840 viewsbosh67

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:46 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

We need a new Gallen.

Or a new Clive Allen!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:54 - Mar 5 with 3821 viewsDamo1962

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:51 - Mar 5 by bosh67

Or a new Clive Allen!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Even better 😎
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:43 - Mar 5 with 3621 viewsgobbles

We've stopped creating chances. That's the main issue
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:45 - Mar 5 with 3597 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Didn't take much foresight to see that. Unfortunately, we don't have people with foresight running the club.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:45 - Mar 5 with 3604 viewsenfieldargh

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:43 - Mar 5 by gobbles

Allan Shearer would struggle to score in this team

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:46 - Mar 5 with 3597 viewsRs_Holy

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 17:46 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

We need a new Gallen.

weve got Sir Les
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 20:09 - Mar 5 with 3454 viewshertshoops

I struggle to see how Sinclair Armstrong could have been worse than grey today (despite his goal)
Login to get fewer ads

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:13 - Mar 5 with 3321 views222gers

I know Dykes splits opinions but it seems our immediate prospects repose with him.
Charlie sadly, seems bereft of form and fitness and Gray seems unlikely to be central to our needs.
It would be asking a lot of Armstrong too.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:32 - Mar 5 with 3256 viewsJPC

I’ve been critical of Gray in the past, but watched closely today. He made a lot of great runs. The one player who regularly looked for him was Hendrick. I love watching Illy and Willy, but they’ve become a little self indulgent. That ball is not getting in the box enough,
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:41 - Mar 5 with 3228 viewsWegerles_Stairs

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:32 - Mar 5 by JPC

I’ve been critical of Gray in the past, but watched closely today. He made a lot of great runs. The one player who regularly looked for him was Hendrick. I love watching Illy and Willy, but they’ve become a little self indulgent. That ball is not getting in the box enough,

Thought Grey was decent. Had a shot saved, scored and as you said was always looking to make runs. No coincidence that our goal came from a cross into the danger area. Football's a simple game. Get decent crosses in to strikers and you'll score goals; spend 90% of the match going sideways and backwards and you won't.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 21:42]
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:50 - Mar 5 with 3183 viewsHunterhoop

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:32 - Mar 5 by JPC

I think “self indulgent” is an excellent description.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 22:39 - Mar 5 with 3062 viewsHooparoo

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 21:50 - Mar 5 by Hunterhoop

I think “self indulgent” is an excellent description.

Since watching “Ted Lasso” I’ve begun to wonder if Chair is our “Jamie Tartt”? Can’t be a coincidence we were great without him in January. He’s a great player and it’s be a brave move to drop him but we need to change it up.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 22:56 - Mar 5 with 3017 viewsdaveB

If a striker had been available, in budget and better than what we have we would have signed him. The idea that we turned down some free scoring genius is laughable
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 3009 viewsDannytheR

Definitely some tarts around tonight. Not sure Chair is one of them.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 00:35 - Mar 6 with 2889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 22:39 - Mar 5 by Hooparoo

Since watching “Ted Lasso” I’ve begun to wonder if Chair is our “Jamie Tartt”? Can’t be a coincidence we were great without him in January. He’s a great player and it’s be a brave move to drop him but we need to change it up.

"Can’t be a coincidence we were great without him in January."

It was certainly concurrent that we had great results in January, not sure it was coincidental, it certainly wasn't causal.

Also, imho, we really weren't great without him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 04:22 - Mar 6 with 2762 viewsessextaxiboy

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 22:56 - Mar 5 by daveB

If a striker had been available, in budget and better than what we have we would have signed him. The idea that we turned down some free scoring genius is laughable

We got 4 players in on loan presumably within budget and in lockdown last Jan . We could have passed on Hendrik. Does our recruitment personnel really have zero strikers under watch ?
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 07:58 - Mar 6 with 2675 views1JD

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 00:35 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

"Can’t be a coincidence we were great without him in January."

It was certainly concurrent that we had great results in January, not sure it was coincidental, it certainly wasn't causal.

Also, imho, we really weren't great without him.

The with chair / without chair comparison in January and thereafter is not only a very small sample size, but it conveniently forgets / ignores prior contribution over a much long period.

For a far more rounded perspective, how about the “with chair” comparison for the entire calendar year prior? Our form was near-on top two in the championship, and Chair was a key contributor.

Chair is not the problem, the entire team has become predictable, slow, and frankly, boring. A far cry from our fast, free-flowing, incisive football that we had started to become known for, and all enjoyed. The formation and it’s passing lines has long been sussed out. Warburton needs to mix it up, and try something new, fast.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 08:52 - Mar 6 with 2598 viewsBklynRanger

That interview with Les during the week that was on (I think) WLS - interesting answer from him I thought about not signing a striker: the manager didn't feel a striker was what was needed and he wanted to focus on getting in a 10 if he could.

Not saying there was a disagreement between them but it hinted that Les might not have felt the same way but went along with it.

The lack of a new striker wasn't the problem yesterday anyway. Gray played quite well I thought, it was all the other stuff.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 08:52 - Mar 6 with 2598 viewssupahoopsa

Watching the EFL on Quest last week, there seems to be quite a few league 1 and 2 strikers having great season with 20+ goals. Could we not attract one of these? Would they really be out of our price range?

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 09:34 - Mar 6 with 2563 viewsthemodfather

goals win games not stats about possession , goals win games, so 2 strikers scoring 15+ each is very desirable. dykes won't do that and charlie is now a bit player, if seen at all. of course qpr are on a tight budget but there must have been a striker in the leagues worth a gamble?
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 09:40 - Mar 6 with 2554 viewsAntti_Heinola

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:43 - Mar 5 by gobbles

Gray had 3 excellent chances yesterday. Good save from the first, scored second, awful finish on the third. Wallace also should have scored when in a very good position. We created at least 4 really first class chances. That should be enough.

Bare bones.

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 09:45 - Mar 6 with 2544 viewsNortholt_Rs

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 09:40 - Mar 6 by Antti_Heinola

Gray had 3 excellent chances yesterday. Good save from the first, scored second, awful finish on the third. Wallace also should have scored when in a very good position. We created at least 4 really first class chances. That should be enough.

100% spot on. We were toothless. Players know it too…when the equaliser went in their heads went down and there was only going to be one outcome.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 10:49 - Mar 6 with 2469 viewsdaveB

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 04:22 - Mar 6 by essextaxiboy

We got 4 players in on loan presumably within budget and in lockdown last Jan . We could have passed on Hendrik. Does our recruitment personnel really have zero strikers under watch ?

I am sure they have strikers they are looking at but wanted to use the budget they had elsewhere. The problem for me has been creating rather than taking chances in recent weeks. Again yesterday we created very few chances
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 10:49]
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 11:08 - Mar 6 with 2423 viewsellersliehoop

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 18:45 - Mar 5 by enfieldargh

Allan Shearer would struggle to score in this team

I've written on here plenty of times that Harry Kane would struggle to score 10 in a season for us. We dont put the ball into the box enough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024