Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. 19:37 - Aug 10 with 16465 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently playing without fear. Like young players sometimes can do.

Hope club ensure his head is in the right place also, as with every improved performance, although none of us want heap pressure on the boy, expectations will begin to grow.

Extremely powerful in approach and pace.

A big presence and he certainly has the raw potential, in a different way to previous coaching successes in Eze and Willock.

Having a player coming through every couple years would certainly increase the sustainability of our great club.

Certainly will be watching this space this season.

If this was a reason for Warburton not being offered a new contract, its a shame but Sinclair, hope your career carrys on climbing !!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 16:46 - Aug 11 with 3468 viewsPinnerPaul

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 15:24 - Aug 11 by dmm

I'm worried there's already too much expectation on Sinclair's young shoulders. The fans were singing his name on Tuesday night, and ooing and clapping his every move. But, as we know, that can very quickly change to abuse if he fails to fulfill fans' hopes and dreams

If the 'hope/dream' is £20M - he ain't fulfilling that!
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:08 - Aug 11 with 3355 viewsdmm

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 16:46 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

If the 'hope/dream' is £20M - he ain't fulfilling that!

A tad too early to say, no?
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:49 - Aug 11 with 3277 viewskarlski

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:40 - Aug 11 by Northernr

He looks good at the moment because he's quick and he doesn't piss about. He closes people down, he doesn't let them have an easy time, when he gets the ball he looks to go towards their goal and get a shot away. It is within all our players to do this stuff, but he stands out because he's one of the few that does it. Bonne could quite easily have done what he did the other night, but didn't. Same with Dykes at Blackburn. You don't need an immaculate first touch, a range of passing, an academy education, to close the opposition down and tackle them when they've got the ball, and look for the quickest and most effective way to goal when we have. We're not talking Dennis Bergkamp here, where you come away from the game breath taken and head shaking at the level of ability you've just witnessed, it's just a big muscly kid getting stuck in and driving towards their goal when he gets the chance. This is why I feel so much frustration watching some of our players. This sht is basic stuff.

Agreed with the sentiment (and frustration) on attitude, but I think part of the excitement is that Armstrong seems better equipped to actually do the 'direct to goal' part than either Dykes or Bonne. Pace and build makes him a scarier prospect than either of them. I'm still a Dykes fan but he doesn't have the technical skill + quick feet + pace to charge directly at goal, invariably when he goes on a dribble the defenders have a fairly easy time stopping him. What he can do like we saw v Boro is be disciplined about taking a touch into space, and having a shot (or laying it off) - Harry Kane being the best example I can think of in this genre. Armstrong seems to have the potential to do that but also to turn with the ball and run straight at the defence with the ability to put the fear of god into them and beat them.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:12 - Aug 12 with 3071 viewsLazyFan

I noticed when he came on, that he went down the wing, and showed too much of the ball to their opp defender, then quickly scooped it away from him but still continued forward all at full pelt

This to me means, he can make super-fast decisions quickly, is used to doing so and knows when he's made a mistake to correct it. That's the sign of prem quality or it was just lucky, we shall see.

zzzzzzzzzz

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:03 - Aug 12 with 2955 viewsPinnerPaul

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:08 - Aug 11 by dmm

A tad too early to say, no?

Get your point but surely 'a tad too early' to be mentioning any figures - let alone the frankly laughable (OK - at the moment) £20M!
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 2943 viewsPinnerPaul

TBF to Dykes, no way on earth is Armstrong capable of keeping that up for 75 minutes in the heat against better oppo as Lyndon did on Saturday.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:40 - Aug 12 with 2905 viewsderbyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:03 - Aug 12 by PinnerPaul

Get your point but surely 'a tad too early' to be mentioning any figures - let alone the frankly laughable (OK - at the moment) £20M!

Nobody's expecting that today.
But, in 2 years time, what would the going rate for a quick, powerful 21 year old striker with 50 Championship games?
Assuming he gets to that level

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 16:02 - Aug 12 with 2841 viewsLazyFan

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:40 - Aug 12 by derbyhoop

Nobody's expecting that today.
But, in 2 years time, what would the going rate for a quick, powerful 21 year old striker with 50 Championship games?
Assuming he gets to that level

Depends on how many goals they have scored per those 50 games.
2 goals, then it's off to League One. 30, then it's name your price.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 22:14 - Aug 12 with 2664 viewsgazza1

He has shown a few good touches and works hard, which is what you would expect from a young lad.....time will tell but talking 20 million player is silly.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 05:18 - Aug 13 with 2586 viewsHooparoo

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:12 - Aug 12 by LazyFan

I noticed when he came on, that he went down the wing, and showed too much of the ball to their opp defender, then quickly scooped it away from him but still continued forward all at full pelt

This to me means, he can make super-fast decisions quickly, is used to doing so and knows when he's made a mistake to correct it. That's the sign of prem quality or it was just lucky, we shall see.

Really good point you make. I just loved his attitude and how he was always showing for the ball and closing down defenders. He almost profited from one shaky defensive lapse when he pounced on a bad back pass.

This lad certainly has something about him. I always reckon if you’re good enough then age doesn’t matter. The Commentator was raving about him. Let him off the leash I say

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:42 - Aug 13 with 2475 viewsozranger

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:12 - Aug 12 by LazyFan

Not too sure about the ability to make quick decisions, except perhaps to chase for the ball when he loses it as you say.

However, from my position right behind MB on Tuesday, Armstrong was being coached throughout the period he was in the game and before he went out. Beale was continuously telling him where to go and mostly that was on the wings, my guess to stretch the defence and allow for the midfielders to get on through the middle.

We have to understand, Armstrong is a work in progress with a long way to go.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:01 - Aug 13 with 2444 viewsDannyPaddox

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:40 - Aug 13 with 2371 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:01 - Aug 13 by DannyPaddox

Somebody had to!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:23 - Aug 13 with 2223 viewsbasshoop

It’s the small things that make the difference. I’ve just seen the Seny goal today and every player runs to celebrate with Seny after the goal….except Armstrong who runs to get the ball out of the net which I presume is to think about a winner. Winners mentality
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:56 - Aug 13 with 2139 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The look on Armstrong's face as Dieng's header sails in is priceless:

[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 18:58]
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:58 - Aug 13 with 2128 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:23 - Aug 13 by basshoop

It’s the small things that make the difference. I’ve just seen the Seny goal today and every player runs to celebrate with Seny after the goal….except Armstrong who runs to get the ball out of the net which I presume is to think about a winner. Winners mentality

That's magic.

Great spot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:02 - Aug 13 with 2102 viewsCamberleyR

Very impressed when he came on. Their defence looked terrified when he ran at them and if he had connected with that overhead kick, the ball would still be travelling now.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:27 - Aug 13 with 2041 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:23 - Aug 13 by basshoop

I love this.

I've just sent a clip of this onto friends.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:46 - Aug 13 with 1980 viewsQPRSteve

As I said in the match thread, I think we should make the most of him because I can see him being snapped up next summer. From what I've seen of him he looks to have a lot going for him, pace, strength, composure, etc.

Other teams give free rein to teenagers if they have the ability and I think we should do the same. Remember Clive Allen and Kevin Gallen. Armstrong could be the same if given the chance.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:54 - Aug 13 with 1936 viewsNushnool

Keep playing him, give him as much time as possible. One positive is I think the fans will be a lot more forgiving of him if he doesn’t score for a long time, so that support should keep his spirits up if performance drops at any point.
(And I’m not suggesting the fans are particularly unforgiving of Dykes, Bonne etc)
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:03 - Aug 13 with 1868 viewsDavieQPR

Clive Allen scored 32 goals for us at his age. He has scored 2 non league goals. People just need to see how he develops before calling him a £20m player. Putting too much pressure on a kid could ruin him.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:08 - Aug 13 with 1834 viewsqpr_1968

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 18:56 - Aug 13 by Benny_the_Ball

The look on Armstrong's face as Dieng's header sails in is priceless:

[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 18:58]

as you say, priceless.....top photo

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:11 - Aug 13 with 1811 viewsqpr_1968

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:27 - Aug 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I love this.

I've just sent a clip of this onto friends.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:16 - Aug 13 with 1776 viewsqueensparker

If his attempt at an overhead had gone in he would be a celebrity tonight - and it wasn’t far off!

Better that Seny takes the attention for now, but as with all above excited to see what Armstrong can do this season.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:26 - Aug 13 with 1726 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:11 - Aug 13 by qpr_1968

This changes everything.

From this angle he's clearly nicking the ball and hoping that Sun'land don't have a spare.

Clever, clever, clever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024