Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. 19:37 - Aug 10 with 16399 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently playing without fear. Like young players sometimes can do.

Hope club ensure his head is in the right place also, as with every improved performance, although none of us want heap pressure on the boy, expectations will begin to grow.

Extremely powerful in approach and pace.

A big presence and he certainly has the raw potential, in a different way to previous coaching successes in Eze and Willock.

Having a player coming through every couple years would certainly increase the sustainability of our great club.

Certainly will be watching this space this season.

If this was a reason for Warburton not being offered a new contract, its a shame but Sinclair, hope your career carrys on climbing !!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 01:16 - Aug 17 with 2928 viewsMedwayR

My only fear is end product, he might be all huff & puff with nothing much to show for it. I don’t think that is the case but until he gets a goal or two that nagging doubt will linger for me.

Poll: Who’s better?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 01:22 - Aug 17 with 2883 viewsDamo1962

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 01:16 - Aug 17 by MedwayR

My only fear is end product, he might be all huff & puff with nothing much to show for it. I don’t think that is the case but until he gets a goal or two that nagging doubt will linger for me.

Me too. At least he has the potential...unlike that collosal waste of a shirt Dykes.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:49 - Aug 17 with 2785 viewsNorthantsHoop

Give Sinclair Armstrong a start on Saturday against Rotherham. He looks a very good prospect, powerful and with pace to turn defenders, ok a bit raw but games against Rotherham are big opportunities and let's face it do we have much choice, as the longer we peservere with Dykes up front the harder it will get.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:02 - Aug 17 with 2736 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I loved his running yesterday, was unlucky not to outfox the keeper.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:08 - Aug 17 with 2721 viewsRs_Holy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:49 - Aug 17 by NorthantsHoop

Give Sinclair Armstrong a start on Saturday against Rotherham. He looks a very good prospect, powerful and with pace to turn defenders, ok a bit raw but games against Rotherham are big opportunities and let's face it do we have much choice, as the longer we peservere with Dykes up front the harder it will get.

I would still have him as sub but let him have 30 mins on Saturday instead of the 20 he had yesterday.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:36 - Aug 17 with 2660 viewsLblock

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:08 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

I would still have him as sub but let him have 30 mins on Saturday instead of the 20 he had yesterday.

I agree with this.

He'll not last 90 yet - still getting up to speed.
Actually looked a bit puffed out at the end of his 20 mins as he is pure all action - hopefully in time he'll learn when to play in bursts.

Next step is 30 to 35 mins and of course breaking his duck.

Having said that, if he was on for the first 30 and spent the next 60 on a sun lounger in sliders on the halfway line then he'd be more effective than the utterly woeful Dykes.
Have we seriously outlayed circa £5mill on him and Bonne? If so then there needs to be an enquiry - get either the Trading Standards people or Fraud Squad need to have a sniff as these two are miles from being Championship level pro's!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:42 - Aug 17 with 2634 viewsswitchingcode

Reminds me of Chiedozie Ogbene who you will see Saturday for Rotherham.Like Armstrong was very raw when he came over from Ireland but his power and pace always stood out although his touch and decision making was erratic this has now been improved and he is attracting interest from many clubs.He has also become a regular in the Irish international team.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 2572 viewsMyke

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:42 - Aug 17 by switchingcode

Reminds me of Chiedozie Ogbene who you will see Saturday for Rotherham.Like Armstrong was very raw when he came over from Ireland but his power and pace always stood out although his touch and decision making was erratic this has now been improved and he is attracting interest from many clubs.He has also become a regular in the Irish international team.

Yes Chiedozie has developed into a fine player. Was impressed with him when we played Belgium in the spring. Interestingly Rotherham were using him as a wing back last season although we used him as a forward v Belgium.
Login to get fewer ads

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 2513 viewsHunterhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:36 - Aug 17 by Lblock

I agree with this.

He'll not last 90 yet - still getting up to speed.
Actually looked a bit puffed out at the end of his 20 mins as he is pure all action - hopefully in time he'll learn when to play in bursts.

Next step is 30 to 35 mins and of course breaking his duck.

Having said that, if he was on for the first 30 and spent the next 60 on a sun lounger in sliders on the halfway line then he'd be more effective than the utterly woeful Dykes.
Have we seriously outlayed circa £5mill on him and Bonne? If so then there needs to be an enquiry - get either the Trading Standards people or Fraud Squad need to have a sniff as these two are miles from being Championship level pro's!!!!

No, we haven’t. The worse they play, the higher that number goes with some fans.

I agree that he’s simply not playing well enough. If any offer comes in of value we should cash our chips, but we could really do with him netting a few to get the price up.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:02 - Aug 21 with 2276 viewsTomS

As a fellow Dubliner, I'm delighted to see Sinclair making such a favourable first impression. However, it's clear that he is very much a work in progress. He's not the messiah, he has still to score his first goal at this level. Please be patient with him and let him learn from his mistakes. There is definitely a very decent centre forward in there, I just hope the current coaching team are good enough to turn him into a goalscorer.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:29 - Aug 21 with 2216 viewsderbyhoop

Before everybody starts bigging him up as the new Messiah, he played 11 times in National League for 2 clubs, scoring 4 times. This year he's had 5 sub appearances, totalling about 90 minutes and is yet to score.
Give him the chance to develop as the management think is the best way.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:52 - Aug 21 with 2163 viewsgazza1

A very difficult position for MB as to whether or not to start him. My view if he is fit, and I am sure he is very fit indeed, he is ready to make his Championship debut (He is not a skinny little man - looks pretty solid & strong to me). Playing Conference at 18 still requires a lot of strength, hard work and running around. I believe, on what he has shown, that he could lead the line a lot better than Dykes.

His issue at the moment is 'relaxing' when he has the goalscoring opportunities and that is the hard thing he needs to improve on. Confidence in those situations is key as well.

Throw him in at the start and see how he goes.....the opposing CB and defenders will know all about him by the end of the match.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 21:54]
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:56 - Aug 21 with 2159 viewseastside_r

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:52 - Aug 21 by gazza1

A very difficult position for MB as to whether or not to start him. My view if he is fit, and I am sure he is very fit indeed, he is ready to make his Championship debut (He is not a skinny little man - looks pretty solid & strong to me). Playing Conference at 18 still requires a lot of strength, hard work and running around. I believe, on what he has shown, that he could lead the line a lot better than Dykes.

His issue at the moment is 'relaxing' when he has the goalscoring opportunities and that is the hard thing he needs to improve on. Confidence in those situations is key as well.

Throw him in at the start and see how he goes.....the opposing CB and defenders will know all about him by the end of the match.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 21:54]

Agree let’s see what he does with a start. There’s an international break soon which will probably see the usual post-Scotland Dykes absence so without additions that day of Sinclair starting will come quite soon.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 22:11 - Aug 21 with 2115 viewsMrSheen

Was anyone else watching him and Shodipo at half time, taking casual potshots into the empty net at the Loft end? It doesn’t matter greatly, though idle mucking about by subs who later came on is hardly on brand for meticulous Michael Beale, but it was pretty striking that only about 20% were on target.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 00:02 - Aug 22 with 2020 viewsacricketer

Armstrong is a physical powerhouse. He is also useless.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:46 - Aug 22 with 1869 viewsterryb

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 00:02 - Aug 22 by acricketer

Useless? No, he is not.

If you had said he is not a natural goalscorer I would have agreed with you, but he has many attributes which will be of benefit to the club. He makes a lot of correct runs & his passing is more than reasonable, as when he set up Chair.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:58 - Aug 22 with 1818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:46 - Aug 22 by terryb

Useless? No, he is not.

If you had said he is not a natural goalscorer I would have agreed with you, but he has many attributes which will be of benefit to the club. He makes a lot of correct runs & his passing is more than reasonable, as when he set up Chair.

Plus, he's still learning his trade and stepping up from playing boys football to the mens game, is a transition that requires managing.

I'd like to see him play midweek for the stiffs so that he can use those games to put into practice what he's gaining coming off the bench on the weekend.

Overall MB looks to be managing him sensibly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:06 - Aug 22 with 1801 viewsRs_Holy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 00:02 - Aug 22 by acricketer

brilliant post (not).... If nothing else he is total pain to oppo defenders when he comes on. Give him a through ball to run onto and defenders struggle to handle him. Right now he is perfect as an impact sub but unfortunately given the lack of better starting options we are talking about him being in the starting line up. We are in a right pickle at this moment in time regarding strikers. If no new strikers are joining the club before the window closes I think we really have to have Sinclair starting games.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 12:15]
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:00 - Aug 22 with 1587 viewsnumptydumpty

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 01:22 - Aug 17 by Damo1962

Me too. At least he has the potential...unlike that collosal waste of a shirt Dykes.

Have you ever uttered a positive statement in your life to date !!!

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 1572 viewsnumptydumpty

Wow !!!

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:30 - Aug 22 with 1491 viewsjeffranger

Saw Armstrong for first time tues/sat & has great pace but is a long way off to start games yet, he’s about a 20 min sub & should stay that way for a while, he’s had 5 reasonable easy chances & missed the lot, needs to improve his ball control & I’m sure it will come in time, fans who want him to start are completely wrong
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 1406 viewsconnell10

What a really dumb post , I can't believe you posted that about one of our better younger players!! Your a top coach are you ??? You know more than anyone else?? I mean what the actual f uck are you on about?? What do you base that he is useless on ??? Why not get behind the lad and f ucking support him !!! Totally disrespectful stupid post !!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:58 - Aug 22 with 1400 viewsdmm

Wise and timely words on Sinclair from Beale that should be heard by many a Rangers' supporter.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:01 - Aug 22 with 1388 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:58 - Aug 22 by dmm

Wise and timely words on Sinclair from Beale that should be heard by many a Rangers' supporter.

Thanks for posting that, dmm.

That's really excellent from Beale.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 1358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 20:58 - Aug 22 by dmm

The words I want to hear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024