Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 107675 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 15:39 - Oct 16 with 5033 viewsloftus77

Mick Beale on 15:26 - Oct 16 by Hayesender

If he waits a wee while, he could be on his way back to villa

This is the point, isn't it? He doesn't sound at all like a like a 'ship-jumper' (14 games) but if not Wolves, then Villa, (Glasgow) Rangers, Leicester, Nottm Forest (!!), Southampton...on it goes. The speculation will be annoying if nothing else.

A reassuring statement from the club at some point ('he's committed to us and not distracted by idle speculation etc...etc.. ') would maybe be fanciful, but probably wouldn't go amiss.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 15:41]
Mick Beale on 15:45 - Oct 16 with 4991 viewsaston_hoop

Bit of devils advocate but...it depends how much he backs himself in this job, doesn't take much to stop being the hot young name on everyone's lips. Look at Liam Manning, linked with every job including ours just a few months back and now on the verge of the sack at MK Dons with them in the bottom 3, James Rowberry at Newport also linked with us and since sacked after they struggled to get going this season. He's only a run of defeats away from people calling for his head and his name being forgotten in the wider footballing world, why wouldn't he take a job if offered one for more money while his reputation was high? Its not like he doesn't have previous moving around clubs!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mick Beale on 15:57 - Oct 16 with 4941 viewsOakR

Mick Beale on 15:45 - Oct 16 by aston_hoop

Bit of devils advocate but...it depends how much he backs himself in this job, doesn't take much to stop being the hot young name on everyone's lips. Look at Liam Manning, linked with every job including ours just a few months back and now on the verge of the sack at MK Dons with them in the bottom 3, James Rowberry at Newport also linked with us and since sacked after they struggled to get going this season. He's only a run of defeats away from people calling for his head and his name being forgotten in the wider footballing world, why wouldn't he take a job if offered one for more money while his reputation was high? Its not like he doesn't have previous moving around clubs!

True, but in fairness we stuck (rightly) with Warburton through some rough patches, and I think despite our great start, everyone at the clubs accepts this is not a short process (unless we get very luck / good ahead of schedule) so I suspect he is not too worried about the sack, and knows he has a good core of talented players to work with. He I expect from what he says thinks he can improve a lot of them, both individually and as a team and I suspect that is a big motivation for him.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Mick Beale on 16:30 - Oct 16 with 4855 viewsLordPork

Mick Beale on 15:57 - Oct 16 by OakR

True, but in fairness we stuck (rightly) with Warburton through some rough patches, and I think despite our great start, everyone at the clubs accepts this is not a short process (unless we get very luck / good ahead of schedule) so I suspect he is not too worried about the sack, and knows he has a good core of talented players to work with. He I expect from what he says thinks he can improve a lot of them, both individually and as a team and I suspect that is a big motivation for him.

The Wolves regional paper is the "Express and Star!

they're all over it and the supporters are pro the idea.

Have a mate whose ST up there and of course Beale's CV is a formidable one.

I think our only hope is Mrs Beale, I don't think she'd be happy were she to have only just settled....who knows, but kids and personal stuff play a big part when it comes to choices.
Mick Beale on 16:59 - Oct 16 with 4773 viewspaulparker

If we get say 3-4 million in compensation then that’s not a bad bit of business for the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mick Beale on 17:05 - Oct 16 with 4752 viewsbosh67

Mick Beale on 16:59 - Oct 16 by paulparker

If we get say 3-4 million in compensation then that’s not a bad bit of business for the club

I think potentially Mick is worth a few hundred mill to us isn't he, though. If he stays and we get up in the next season or two. Unless he really wants the jump to Prem now (I doubt it) then I think it would cost a club a lot more than 3-4 million to let him go. I would hope, given everything we have seen from him that he will be flattered by it all and just get on with what he's doing here. I really hope it isn't a distraction to him. I doubt it will be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 18:25 - Oct 16 with 4596 viewsSteveB

Not bothered. If he goes, so what, he's been here all of 5 minutes. He is doing ok, I like him. If he were to go, I'd like him a lot less & would hope he falls flat on his feckin arse.
Mick Beale on 19:10 - Oct 16 with 4468 viewstraininvain

Mick Beale on 18:25 - Oct 16 by SteveB

Not bothered. If he goes, so what, he's been here all of 5 minutes. He is doing ok, I like him. If he were to go, I'd like him a lot less & would hope he falls flat on his feckin arse.

Interesting take. Not much we can do about it if Beale decides to go but it would completely derail our season and it would be disappointing. So yes I would be bothered.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 4385 viewsSteveB

Mick Beale on 19:10 - Oct 16 by traininvain

Interesting take. Not much we can do about it if Beale decides to go but it would completely derail our season and it would be disappointing. So yes I would be bothered.

"but it would completely derail our season "

Would it? Can you say that with 100% conviction? Maybe someone would come along that takes up another level. Doubtful I know; however, the man has been in charge for just 14 league games.

As I said, I like him, don't want him to go. If he does, then it was not the right appointment anyway.
Mick Beale on 19:44 - Oct 16 with 4340 viewsNed_Kennedys

He is clearly very ambitious but I’d be surprised if he jumped ship so early, especially to a team who are very likely to be in a relegation battle.

Would think if he got us to the play offs and we didn’t go up he would go if a decent offer came in the summer.
Mick Beale on 19:52 - Oct 16 with 4313 viewstraininvain

Mick Beale on 19:35 - Oct 16 by SteveB

"but it would completely derail our season "

Would it? Can you say that with 100% conviction? Maybe someone would come along that takes up another level. Doubtful I know; however, the man has been in charge for just 14 league games.

As I said, I like him, don't want him to go. If he does, then it was not the right appointment anyway.

It would completely derail our season in the sense that the club appointed a manager/coach a few months ago who has spent the whole of pre season and beyond making changes, coaching the players in a system of his choice etc. Players were recruited to suit the way he wants to play and some of them joined because of Beale.

Hopefully it won’t happen and this is a pointless conversation but yes I would be bothered if we lost Beale at this stage in the season and yes I think it would derail us unless the club can somehow appoint a new manager mid season to seamlessly carry on the excellent work carried out by Beale since joining the club only a few months ago.
Mick Beale on 20:15 - Oct 16 with 4249 viewsLblock

Premiership / Bigger club comes in then he goes UNLESS the club get him a new Contract on bigger money – for me that would be via play off and or promotion bonus.
I’m not advocating that by the way.

Anyone coming in needs to pay a release fee - make this hefty in any new Contract please!!!

He’s ambitious and progressive which is great. I would also hope he’s loyal, level headed and a long termist with a vision for leaving a legacy.

I just hope the club already have contingency plans or succession plans in place. That should be the case even without this speculation. It’s called proper planning!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mick Beale on 20:35 - Oct 16 with 4186 viewsRangersDave

gotta go i'm afraid.... a busted flush, not good at anything really and i'd liken him to JFH in style and class.

Mind you.....if someone were to come in for him, i'd consider

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Mick Beale on 22:05 - Oct 16 with 3991 viewsManinBlack

I wouldn't be surprised if Villa sack Gerrard and try and bring Beale back as the manager to scupper Wolves. I think Villa fans would be up for his return. I will try not to worry about any of this yet...
Mick Beale on 08:26 - Oct 17 with 3691 viewsconnell10

So does anyone really think he will leave Rangers when he has just got here? No way is that gonna happen, also he is totally unproven, madness for him to leave and also madness for Wolves to want him! MOVE ON NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 08:43 - Oct 17 with 3630 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hope he say 'No' and then goes on to be the next Uncle Neil.

14 games does seem a tad short though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mick Beale on 10:19 - Oct 17 with 3451 viewsslmrstid

Mick Beale on 08:26 - Oct 17 by connell10

So does anyone really think he will leave Rangers when he has just got here? No way is that gonna happen, also he is totally unproven, madness for him to leave and also madness for Wolves to want him! MOVE ON NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Yeah I'm with you on this connell, 15 games in total (14 league, 1 cup). No way will (or certainly should) a Premiership team take a punt on that unless they're in some desperate situation or one that's lost already - which Wolves certainly aren't.

If Beale genuinely dropped us after such a short space of time, especially after I sat in the Fans Forum last week and heard him say everything he did - then he can go hang. But I don't think he will.
Mick Beale on 11:21 - Oct 17 with 3267 viewsCamberleyR

Has everyone's favourite (well, to other clubs) out of work manager Sean Dyche been linked to Wolves yet?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mick Beale on 11:25 - Oct 17 with 3241 viewseghamranger

Kevin Bond is now free
Mick Beale on 11:27 - Oct 17 with 3222 viewssprocket

Mick Beale on 11:25 - Oct 17 by eghamranger

Kevin Bond is now free

Shit happens and it's QPR so anything could happen but would be very disappointed if he left before the end of the season.
Mick Beale on 11:33 - Oct 17 with 3193 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Being QPR always involves something bad just around the corner when things are looking good doesn't it?
Mick Beale on 11:38 - Oct 17 with 3175 viewsRs_Holy

available!

[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 11:39]
Mick Beale on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 2904 viewsdigswellhoop

if we let him go whatever compensation is we will never get another chance to go up and ithink players will leave in droves
Mick Beale on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 2741 viewsdavman

Did anyone check the appropriateness of the wording here? ("Warnock Returns")...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mick Beale on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 2735 viewsPBLOCK

I’d be disappointed if he went as I think most would agree he’s doing a grand job but if an approach from one of the clubs mentioned came in then he may well consider it

It’s a fast track to the top flight it’s a few million in the bank even if it all goes disastrously wrong. He’s not a former White City resident who remembers going to Loftus Road as a kid and has an emotional attachment

If Beale were to go sure it would be a huge blow but I’d like to think we continue as we are both Warburton and Beale have been decent appointments in recent years so if it were to happen I’d like to think we’d be ok

Here’s hoping it’s lazy journalism
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024