Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 107671 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 18:01 - Oct 18 with 3642 viewsLongsufferingR

Mick Beale on 17:20 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

Think so?

Refused to answer the question I thought.

I was talking about the interview as a whole, not just the first question. His summing up of Saturday and the two games coming up sounded like they had his full attention and he gave as detailed answers as he has done for every game so far.
Mick Beale on 18:27 - Oct 18 with 3501 viewsdmm

Mick Beale on 17:55 - Oct 18 by WatfordR

Re DM, where did you see that? Just interested mate, I'm not questioning it

Dave Mc said it on Twitter
Mick Beale on 18:38 - Oct 18 with 3424 viewsdmm

Beale's pre-match with WLS. Much the same as the offy.

Mick Beale on 18:45 - Oct 18 with 3386 viewsbarbicanranger

If he does move on this soon it will create a lot of debate amongst our supporters. One thing that strikes me is that this is another indicator of how eff'd up the modern game is. Yes, Wolves are currently in a better position than us and are a bigger club but FFS this isn't one of England's top teams coming calling. However, the lure of a premier team, wage, etc. is warping the whole perspective.
Mick Beale on 18:52 - Oct 18 with 3335 viewsPunteR

This is a pain in the arse.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale on 18:53 - Oct 18 with 3336 viewsdistortR

Mick Beale on 16:09 - Oct 18 by NW5Hoop

As a journalist, that reads to me as, "If an offer comes, I'm off." One of the national's' chief sportswriter (who's also a season ticket holder at LR) told me all of football had their eyes on Beale — everyone wanted to see if he could make the step up to first-team management. In which case, maybe it was always going to be about how soon someone would decide he was competent to take a job. The only surprise is it is so early — after, literally, one good run. There may well be half a dozen clubs who've been keeping an eye on him, and Wolves are just breaking first.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 16:10]

He is the bright, 'young', thing in English management at the moment. I wonder if wolves are thinking 'get him while we can', just like we were.
Mick Beale on 19:02 - Oct 18 with 3275 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/watch-qpr-boss-beale-responds

As always excellent

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mick Beale on 19:11 - Oct 18 with 3221 viewsHayesender

Right, it's Tuesday evening and I'm bored, so just to while away the time, IF the worst happens and he goes, I'm pretty sure Les, Lee and the owners have alternative plans up their sleeves.

Who would be on your shortlist to replace him?

Rob Edwards

John Eustace

Joey Barton (joke)

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 19:56 - Oct 18 with 2966 viewsHAYESBOY

If he goes, go get Gary O'Neal if Bournemouth don't take him.

Of course. Mick staying is a better option.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale on 20:08 - Oct 18 with 2911 viewsAirtomoreira

Sean Dyche?
Mick Beale on 20:10 - Oct 18 with 2893 viewsdmm

Does Sean Dyche ever get linked to a job?
Mick Beale on 20:13 - Oct 18 with 2865 viewsstainrods_elbow

One thing I do understand about modern football is that contracts aren't worth the toilet paper they're not written on (hello Luke Freeman, hello QPR), but the fact is, boys and girls, MB is three months into a three year contract, so the Board could make it perfectly clear they're not willing to grant him permission to speak to Wolves, England, the planet Jupiter or anyone, slap a ridiculous compensation/release clause on his head, and make an emphatic statement to that effect out of, here's an idea, respect for the fanbase (sorry, I know this is modern football, see above, and I'm a quaint, out of touch fantasist, hugga hugga yum yum).

As for Beale's interview, I'd say he is most definitely a very modern football manager who plays his audience superbly well (that's us, darlings) while keeping his powder semi-dry (rough summary of his response: I'm delighted/excited/focussed on being here 'for the moment' (his rhetorically telling words), but I'm ambitious, football is a fickle business, though I'm planning on going to the top regardless, with or without QPR), rather like players kissing the badge and then moving to Turkey/Sheff United or clubs 'not standing in their way' etc. It's essentially always the same cycle, and the cycle is spin. With Beale, because he's so nice, and he's doing so well, and he puts it all out 'in plain sight' , it doesn't feel quite so painful, perhaps, but fanatics are amateurs, fundementalists, half-mad passionati, beings deranged by, precisely, a mixture of nostalgia, fantasy and irrationality (the real ones who matter anyway, as opposed to the high-ground grabbing 'realists', business types, proxy executives, and insufferable bores - all of whom are depressingly numerous in the modern game) and they're the professionals. The difference is ontological not quantitative, not so much a fissure as a vertiginous chasm. Pitch invasions and their attendant pathologies are of course precisely compensatory responses to such, in the same kind of way Baudrillard once plausibly argued football hooliganism was an attempt to displace the spectacle ('don't watch that, watch this') and why the media/MOTD etc. would respond by priggishly announcing they had the pictures of that long menu of thuggery in the 70s and 80s, but wouldn't show them, so there. (The catastrophe at Hillsborough was not broadcast in its monstrous murderousness, as it brought home the 'truth' of football, viz, that fans are literally expendable.) In any event, they can't reach us, nor we them, and we're not together in any real sense, as in Lacan's statement that there is no sex because it only separates us.

Top of the evening, guys and gals! Hopefully MB will still be our manager for the next five minutes anyway. Supporting a football club is a great example of Theseus' ship - since everything about it changes (players, manager, ground, players, even sometimes the name), what is it we follow? (A rainbow, I guess.)
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 20:17]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 20:44 - Oct 18 with 2715 viewsbaz_qpr

Look its not a surprise is it people are interested and if a Prem club comes in the financial compensation and profile would be immensely greater.

The truth is we are Les Dennis and he's Amanda Holden. If we can get a short term boost a leg up and some great memories off the back of it then great, Reality is even if he stays I think he will be pip inched next summer unless we get promoted or it all falls apart
Mick Beale on 20:50 - Oct 18 with 2665 viewsYokelR

Well I'm happy to accept what he says in the WLS interview. Comes across as honest in his ambitions and looking to build here. Equally sure he won't be here more than 2 years.
Mick Beale on 21:11 - Oct 18 with 2555 viewsEalingHoop81

It’s so frustrating that the moment we appoint a manger who seems to be exactly what we need and is doing everything right that we risk loosing him before the season even gets going and we’re back to square one.

We paid out compensation to Villa to get him and I expect we would at least receive a relatively decent fee for loosing his services.

I would however have concerns for him if he took the Wolves job. He talks an excellent game, knows football inside out and also appears an excellent man manager. The last part is a vital aspect of modern day football management as you cannot take the old fashioned scream and shout approach. If he were to walk out on us after 14 games the message it gives all his current and future players is that he doesn’t care about the players, the team aspect or the long term development of the club, he’ll go to the highest bidder or status of club going. Whilst of course there is progression and ambition, if he truly backs himself, he will know that those opportunities will come again if he continues to do well. Walking after four months says he has no loyalty to the players, club or owners. Try motivating the pampered prem players when they are in a relegation dog fight when they know your a mercenary and it’s a much more difficult prospect.

From everything I have seen and read about him I believe he has a very clear mapped out direction of travel in his career. He will make that sort of move after he’s used his time really wisely in the championship, hopefully getting us promoted or close to it this year…..🤞
Mick Beale on 21:12 - Oct 18 with 2544 viewsMick_S

Mick Beale on 20:44 - Oct 18 by baz_qpr

Look its not a surprise is it people are interested and if a Prem club comes in the financial compensation and profile would be immensely greater.

The truth is we are Les Dennis and he's Amanda Holden. If we can get a short term boost a leg up and some great memories off the back of it then great, Reality is even if he stays I think he will be pip inched next summer unless we get promoted or it all falls apart

Beautifully put. She irritates me more than Rangers, which is saying something.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mick Beale on 21:52 - Oct 18 with 2327 viewslightwaterhoop

I must be honest i would like to have seen a little more commitment to QPR in his interview,especially as he's only a few months into his first major job.
Mick Beale (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 18 with 2297 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 18:45 - Oct 18 by barbicanranger

If he does move on this soon it will create a lot of debate amongst our supporters. One thing that strikes me is that this is another indicator of how eff'd up the modern game is. Yes, Wolves are currently in a better position than us and are a bigger club but FFS this isn't one of England's top teams coming calling. However, the lure of a premier team, wage, etc. is warping the whole perspective.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 2287 viewsconnell10

If he went to Wolves after 5 months here I'd say the bloke is a W anker....but he won't.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 22:05 - Oct 18 with 2245 viewsloftus77

So-ooo....if we win against Cardiff tomorrow night and both Brum and Cov fail to lose, we would be sitting proudly, clearly and openly at the very top of the Championship.

That would be a Good Thing, right??

Just really annoying.
Mick Beale on 22:05 - Oct 18 with 2234 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 16:28 - Oct 18 by nix

I just don't understand how people can live like this always thinking worse case scenario. He may go but he may not, so why make yourself miserable thinking it's going to happen, and then find out it doesn't.

You're right if we go by the bookies favourites, you'd be poor indeed.

It's a bit like glass half full/glass half empty, innit? Or just preparing for the worst? By the same token, why hang your hat on the best scenario and then feel crushed by what comes to pass?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 11:13]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 22:11 - Oct 18 with 2194 viewsManinBlack

Mick Beale on 22:05 - Oct 18 by loftus77

So-ooo....if we win against Cardiff tomorrow night and both Brum and Cov fail to lose, we would be sitting proudly, clearly and openly at the very top of the Championship.

That would be a Good Thing, right??

Just really annoying.

Results tonight not good for us. Swansea now level on points with us, Luton above us after fourth away win in their last five, and Blackburn gone top. Even Rotherham only three points behind...
Mick Beale on 22:18 - Oct 18 with 2143 viewskensalriser

Mick Beale on 22:11 - Oct 18 by ManinBlack

Results tonight not good for us. Swansea now level on points with us, Luton above us after fourth away win in their last five, and Blackburn gone top. Even Rotherham only three points behind...

All of which means, yes, you know it...tomorrow is a Must Win game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mick Beale on 22:28 - Oct 18 with 2085 viewsLogman

Mick Beale on 21:58 - Oct 18 by connell10

If he went to Wolves after 5 months here I'd say the bloke is a W anker....but he won't.

Why ? It would be a good and rewarding challenge for him and the world of (most) work is about making the most of what you can.
Mick Beale on 22:30 - Oct 18 with 2064 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 22:11 - Oct 18 by ManinBlack

back upto 3rd if we win tomorrow. The league table really doesn't mean much at this stage, have said it before a good week sees you in contemntion a bad one you are back in mid table but games come so quickly the league just won't settle down for a while
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024