Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 108783 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 10:34 - Oct 19 with 4059 viewsPunteR

Mick Beale on 09:09 - Oct 19 by stantheman10

So if some company came to you (or me) and said we'll triple your wages to come and work for us you'd say no as I've got integrity and rather stay where I am. I know I wouldn't I'd be off like a shot. He has no affinity or history with us.

Not a quarter of a way through a job I wouldn't, no.
I'd tell them they would have to wait till I finish the job I'm on and if they value my skills and knowledge they would have to wait.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale on 10:37 - Oct 19 with 4047 viewsPunteR

Mick Beale on 09:35 - Oct 19 by Antti_Heinola

let's not forget the twitterati wanted him sacked after 3 games this season, and the 'loyalty' from some fans to Warbs, whio did a great job, was hardly fair.
Fans always demand loyalty - but only when it suits. Players get criticised now for running down contracts, seeking a move before their contract is up, or refusing to leave for less money because fans have decided they're not good enough. The tightrope they balance is rather skinny.

It's got nothing to do with the fans.
However, our board have shown a lack of loyalty to their managers in recent times so I can see that point of view.

Mick Beale on 11:16 - Oct 19 with 3826 viewsdaveB

Mick Beale on 10:28 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

After the start we've had, I don't see many hailing 11th as a 'success' to be honest.

more the view from the outside rather than us.
Mick Beale on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 3712 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 09:09 - Oct 19 by stantheman10

So if some company came to you (or me) and said we'll triple your wages to come and work for us you'd say no as I've got integrity and rather stay where I am. I know I wouldn't I'd be off like a shot. He has no affinity or history with us.

The voice of abject cynicism, once again - just as art reflects life, fans reflect the direction of the pro football business. Beale has already highlighted job satisfaction, the right people around him, workplace unity etc. - which for most people also goes a long way. We're not all prostitutes.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 11:27 - Oct 19 with 3688 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 09:43 - Oct 19 by francisbowles

I'm not going to bore everyone by continuing this 'debate' with you save some rebuttals.

Those of us who don't have you on ignore, do not dismiss your opinions. Imho, they are 'extreme' criticisms without balance and often expressed in a superior manner. We don't always grasp what you are rambling on about as we often don't have a dictionary to hand. However, we try and 'pick the bones out of it' and can agree that some of the points have some validity. However, hammering Lee Hoos is not one that 'we' believe is reasonable. Yes, he can be dismissive, but he has to listen to a lot of opinions and many of them are repetition. You'd have to be a saint not to get frustrated with them occasionally and want to focus on the bigger picture.

My opinion on your 'knowing football' was not what is happening with current matches but based on your grasp of how the game has evolved into what it is today, what you don't like and seem to refuse to accept.

I have also been following football for a long time. Not sure what you mean by 'had a decade'. I assume you meant half a century. Well, I'm in that club too. I've been following the game since the '66 world cup.

End

Thanks for your authoritarian summation. One snippet of advice: Try, if you can, to say 'I' in life rather than 'we' (in or out of quotation marks) - it'll make you look less pretentious, smug and superior yourself. As for using a dictionary, they're great things to consult if you want to expand your word horde. As John Cleese once said, I like to learn something new every day.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 11:28]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 13:23 - Oct 19 with 3399 viewsDevonWhite

That's that then.
Mick Beale on 13:27 - Oct 19 with 3351 viewsjohnhoop

Mick Beale on 13:23 - Oct 19 by DevonWhite

That's that then.

Barstewards. That’s two reasons to hate them.
One for handing the title to Liverpool in 1976 and now this.
Mick Beale on 13:32 - Oct 19 with 3259 viewsPunteR

What a kick in the bollox.

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 13:33 - Oct 19 with 3258 viewsaston_hoop

That's enough Wednesday for me. Wheres the beer?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mick Beale on 13:39 - Oct 19 with 3187 viewsTheChef

Meh - not a lot you can do but hope for the best. Who wants to live in Wolverhampton anyway??

Quite clear now why Warnock is at LR tonight

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale on 13:39 - Oct 19 with 3179 viewsThe_Beast1976

Mick Beale on 13:27 - Oct 19 by johnhoop

Barstewards. That’s two reasons to hate them.
One for handing the title to Liverpool in 1976 and now this.

Beale has thus far come across as an intelligent football man. IMHO there is no way in a million years would he go from here to there at this stage (unless he was purely after money, rather than advancing his career).
Mick Beale on 13:41 - Oct 19 with 3155 viewsDevonWhite

Mick Beale on 13:39 - Oct 19 by The_Beast1976

Beale has thus far come across as an intelligent football man. IMHO there is no way in a million years would he go from here to there at this stage (unless he was purely after money, rather than advancing his career).

How is stepping up to the Premier League not advancing his career?
Mick Beale on 13:42 - Oct 19 with 3133 viewssm3ranger

1-7 now with the bookies
Mick Beale on 13:42 - Oct 19 with 3124 viewsdavman

Mick Beale on 13:23 - Oct 19 by DevonWhite

That's that then.

1. How the hell can they claim that is an "EXCLUSIVE" and
2. Why is that "that then"?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mick Beale on 13:45 - Oct 19 with 3057 viewsRangersw12

Let's hope its all paper talk but can't blame him if he goes although it does feel very soon and a massive risk

Be interesting to see the reaction from the players and if it affects them tonight
Mick Beale on 13:48 - Oct 19 with 2965 viewsThe_Beast1976

Mick Beale on 13:41 - Oct 19 by DevonWhite

How is stepping up to the Premier League not advancing his career?

After 3 months or so in the Championship in his first job as a manager, going to a struggling Prem club? He'd be on a hiding to nothing, could well be sacked this season, and his reputation potentially irreparably damaged. Whereas he could stay here and continue what he is doing, finish the job, then see how high his stock would be. I wouldn't go anywhere near Wolves in his shoes right now
Mick Beale on 13:50 - Oct 19 with 2929 viewsEastR

Warnock is going to manage Cardiff for the first half, get inducted into ForeverRs at HT and manage us for the second half
it all makes sense now

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Mick Beale on 13:51 - Oct 19 with 2900 viewsDevonWhite

Mick Beale on 13:48 - Oct 19 by The_Beast1976

After 3 months or so in the Championship in his first job as a manager, going to a struggling Prem club? He'd be on a hiding to nothing, could well be sacked this season, and his reputation potentially irreparably damaged. Whereas he could stay here and continue what he is doing, finish the job, then see how high his stock would be. I wouldn't go anywhere near Wolves in his shoes right now

I agree mate, does seem a bit premature but equally don't think it's fair to just assume he's chasing the money. He's clearly ambitious and must back himself to do well there.
Mick Beale on 13:51 - Oct 19 with 2877 viewstraininvain

Athletic unlikely to be wrong. Our biggest hope is that Beale rejects Wolves but seems unlikely unless he feels a better offer will come along soon (risky!).
Mick Beale on 13:52 - Oct 19 with 2842 viewsR_from_afar

Mick Beale on 19:11 - Oct 18 by Hayesender

Right, it's Tuesday evening and I'm bored, so just to while away the time, IF the worst happens and he goes, I'm pretty sure Les, Lee and the owners have alternative plans up their sleeves.

Who would be on your shortlist to replace him?

Rob Edwards

John Eustace

Joey Barton (joke)

I am praying that Beale stays but if he goes, Ian Evatt is worthy of consideration, IMHO.

He got Bolton promoted last season and they are currently 7th but with the same points and goal difference as Barnsley in 6th.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mick Beale on 13:56 - Oct 19 with 2707 viewsThe_Beast1976

Mick Beale on 13:51 - Oct 19 by traininvain

Athletic unlikely to be wrong. Our biggest hope is that Beale rejects Wolves but seems unlikely unless he feels a better offer will come along soon (risky!).

I'm blocking my ears and not listening to any of this. Lalalalalalalalalalala.

Mick Beale on 13:57 - Oct 19 with 2673 viewsBakes

“I spoke to Sharon, I said that it’s a great club, family club, muck and nettles you know, fans really get behind ya, I’m down in London for the evening and I thought you know, they’ve just lost their manager to Wolves, so why not give it a go”

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Mick Beale on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 2625 viewsGaryT

Mick Beale on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 2621 viewsPBLOCK

Mick Beale on 13:39 - Oct 19 by The_Beast1976

As I posted a few pages back why wouldn’t he?

He’s done a grand job and he isn’t someone like say Bircham who if he was managing us might turn it down as he is a fan and would be living a childhood dream of managing the club

Beales been good but if he goes then I wish him the best and hopefully we make a decent appointment that can take us forward
Mick Beale on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 2609 viewsThe_Beast1976

Mick Beale on 13:57 - Oct 19 by Bakes

“I spoke to Sharon, I said that it’s a great club, family club, muck and nettles you know, fans really get behind ya, I’m down in London for the evening and I thought you know, they’ve just lost their manager to Wolves, so why not give it a go”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024