Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:20 - Oct 19 with 6636 viewsBlackCrowe

Well that was about the least exhausted i've felt after a game for a long long time.

Cardiff were poor, obvious to see even in the brief time they had 11 men (was never a red, and i'm not convinced it was even a pen).

But our team was exceptional, fluid, exciting, fast, one touch, it was gorgeous. Not one player disappointed. Tim graceful and purpose, Steff pulling the strings, Taylor-Richards superfast, built like a middleweight, never smiling, always trouble. Paal and Laird ever innovative and dependable. Field the Shield. And half time entertainment from Neil W.

Someone in the E Paddock near us spoke to Mick, told him not to leave, Mick replied that noone has approached him. Who knows, but i would like him to have responded to the fans chanting to give them a wave. FFS Wolves are only three places above us.

It was lush.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 1683 viewsEalingHoop81

A bit left field but I think my favourite moment last night was an off the ball argument by Ellerslie Road. Laird cleaned up some danger and the Cardiff LB or LW was clearly frustrated and started pushing and shoving. Laird just laughed at him and did a little dance imitating him being angry. Was very funny and made the Cardiff player look very silly.
Just back on 09:20 - Oct 20 with 1680 viewsslmrstid

Thought we were excellent last night - the biggest thing you always want after a defeat is a reaction and boy did we do that.

I had my wife's cousin with me last night at the game in place of my Dad, he's not seen us play before but thought Chair and Field were the outstanding players. Hard to disagree.

First time I've seen us win this season too. It was a very easy win, but an odd atmosphere with everything going on with Beale which is a shame.
Just back on 10:12 - Oct 20 with 1529 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 22:52 - Oct 19 by stowmarketrange

The atmosphere is always flat when we attack the loft end 1st half.At least the game was virtually over by ht and we could relax and enjoy the 2nd half more.

We kicked off so that must have been a Cardiff decision.
Just back on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 1523 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 23:11 - Oct 19 by BlackCrowe

Alas whoever takes over this side might not have Willock and Chair...can see Beale wanting to take players with him in the Jan transfer window.

Well as its October they clearly will!
Just back on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 1520 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 23:14 - Oct 19 by queensparker

The easiest win we’ve had I can remember in a long time but no way was that a red card or even a penalty - if I was Cardiff I’d be fuming. Ref was card-happy from the first minute in a game that didn’t need it.

Still, picking Armstrong to start was another great decision that paid off, he’s full of raw pace and energy and confidence, and Dykes is so much better in a front two.

Thought Belogun was MOM for me, outstanding.

For a 3-0 to put us top of the Championship the atmosphere was weird second half, understandably. The pub vibe pre-match was very anti Beale but fair play in the ground the fans got behind the team from the off.

Credit to the whole squad they did their job in difficult circumstances. If Beale leaves us top of the Championship with a squad he’s put together based on his personal relationships to move to Wolves he’s gone in my estimation, sorry. If it was Rangers I’d get it, but Wolves?

It was never a red but all the yellows were stone wall yellows!
Just back on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 1463 viewsQPR_John

Just back on 23:11 - Oct 19 by BlackCrowe

Alas whoever takes over this side might not have Willock and Chair...can see Beale wanting to take players with him in the Jan transfer window.

Wanting and getting are two different things. £30M for the pair might be interesting. To be honest and of course with heart ruling head I would rather see them run out their contracts than be sold to Wolves.
Just back on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 1452 viewsE17hoop

Just back on 23:12 - Oct 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

Paal getting better with every game. He's so consistent and a joy to watch.

Our MotM here - we thought he didn't put a foot wrong.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Just back on 10:31 - Oct 20 with 1429 viewsSonofpugwash

When Chair went off he applauded each part of the ground in turn and a little "farewell" wave at the end.
Ominous?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 10:31 - Oct 20 with 1434 viewsrobith

Just back on 23:03 - Oct 19 by bosh67

As comfortable win as you will ever see.

Stef, chair, Dykes, Armstrong all excellent.

Balogun is different class. Can’t believe he’s 34. He’s imperious!

Remember how we all had a meltdown when he signed lol he's mint
Just back on 10:38 - Oct 20 with 1399 viewsPhilmyRs

Just back on 10:26 - Oct 20 by E17hoop

Agreed, can't remember him making a mistake. I couldn't really separate him or Field, thought Field did so much unnoticed work, he really protects our back-line and is such an asset for us.
Just back on 10:39 - Oct 20 with 1384 viewsTheChef

Just back on 10:38 - Oct 20 by PhilmyRs

Agreed, can't remember him making a mistake. I couldn't really separate him or Field, thought Field did so much unnoticed work, he really protects our back-line and is such an asset for us.

Field arguably the best central midfielder we've had since Faurlin.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Just back on 10:39 - Oct 20 with 1386 viewssparkey

Just back on 10:31 - Oct 20 by Sonofpugwash

When Chair went off he applauded each part of the ground in turn and a little "farewell" wave at the end.
Ominous?

Its october

Even if little Ilias wanted to go I dont think thats how it works
Just back on 10:44 - Oct 20 with 1360 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 10:31 - Oct 20 by Sonofpugwash

Ominous?

Where's he going in October then - 2 1/2 month holiday? - because he can't sign for anyone else!
Just back on 11:21 - Oct 20 with 1274 viewsrobith

Don't envy Clive picking a MOTM. If they're not in contention it's only cos they had nothing to do
Just back on 11:36 - Oct 20 with 1212 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 10:26 - Oct 20 by E17hoop

MOTM for me too although lots of other contenders. Field, Clarke-Salter, Chair, Johansen, Dykes, Laird, Balogun all excellent.

Right near the start Paal did a funny little slalom thing with the ball going one way then the other before passing the ball out wide that I very much enjoyed.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 12:20 - Oct 20 with 1149 viewsnix

Just back on 11:21 - Oct 20 by robith

Don't envy Clive picking a MOTM. If they're not in contention it's only cos they had nothing to do

Yes Seny doesn't have a hope because he hardly had anything to do.
Just back on 12:22 - Oct 20 with 1145 viewshubble

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm sure the floodlights weren't nearly as bright as they usually are last night. It looked like they'd used the dimmer switch to save money!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Just back on 17:07 - Oct 20 with 967 viewssdm1508

How did we line up last night in terms of formation? Did Dykes and Armstrong start up top together as a 2? Chair looked like he was roaming even more than normal
Just back on 18:30 - Oct 20 with 871 viewsHAYESBOY

Just back on 17:07 - Oct 20 by sdm1508

How did we line up last night in terms of formation? Did Dykes and Armstrong start up top together as a 2? Chair looked like he was roaming even more than normal

Line up looked like 4-3-1-2. Sinclair maybe a little deeper than Dykes.
Chair was just everywhere.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Just back on 19:14 - Oct 20 with 811 viewsDWQPR

Just back on 18:30 - Oct 20 by HAYESBOY

Line up looked like 4-3-1-2. Sinclair maybe a little deeper than Dykes.
Chair was just everywhere.

Then surely our formation was

Dieng
Laird Balogun Clarke-Salter Paal
Iroegbunam Field Johansen
Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair Chair
Armstrong Dykes

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 19:22 - Oct 20 with 768 viewsManinBlack

Just back on 10:12 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

We kicked off so that must have been a Cardiff decision.

Well I was happy about that as we actually scored a uoal in open play in the Loft end for a change. Perhaps we need to attack the Loft in the first half more often when we score most of our home goals this season.
Just back on 20:10 - Oct 20 with 712 viewsMrSheen

Just back on 17:07 - Oct 20 by sdm1508

To me it looked more like 3-4-1-2/5-2-1-2 without the ball, with Field in the back 3, front two of Dykes and Armstrong with Chair behind. Distorted by the sending off. Weirdly narrow back 5 at times, but I haven’t been offered a job by Wolves recently. Beale is a very imaginative thinker, and he clearly trusts his players to implement.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 20:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024