Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK 10:07 - Dec 14 with 6857 viewsBakes

[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 10:08]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 10:18 - Dec 14 with 5543 viewsfrancisbowles

Bianca cracking the whip
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 13:34 - Dec 14 with 5191 viewsJAPRANGERS

What, is this how this is going to play out?
Austin comes back to QPR and Dykes joins Bile at rangers?

Say it ain’t so!
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 13:38 - Dec 14 with 5171 viewspaulhoop2

Heavily linked with Watford again they offered him a contract before he went out there

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 13:39 - Dec 14 with 5170 viewsaston_hoop

Good news for Swindon then

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 14:52 - Dec 14 with 5021 viewskensalriser

Let's hope he leaves plenty of time to get to the airport, he won't want to be running to the departure gate.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 15:34 - Dec 14 with 4910 viewsdavman

No, no, no, no, no.

He was well below standard last season for whatever reason and was hardly ripping it up in the A league.

Yes, he and his family were good servants to the community, but that cannot be the measure here. Stay away and settle into a L1 / L2 retirement gracefully...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 19:48 - Dec 14 with 4640 viewsWokingR

Bearing in mind how well he coached Dykes and took him under his wing last time, I would give him until the end of the season just to see how much he could help develop Armstrong
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 19:59 - Dec 14 with 4596 viewsSuperhoops2808

This may split opinion

But give him a 6 month contract to the end of the season, with an option for US to decide on whether to extend at the end of the season. And at a reasonable salary too. I am sure we can offer him more than Swindon Town
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 20:01 - Dec 14 with 4587 viewsozexile

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 19:59 - Dec 14 by Superhoops2808

This may split opinion

But give him a 6 month contract to the end of the season, with an option for US to decide on whether to extend at the end of the season. And at a reasonable salary too. I am sure we can offer him more than Swindon Town

I watched him play last week in the A league. Move along.
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 20:04 - Dec 14 with 4572 viewsSuperhoops2808

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 20:01 - Dec 14 by ozexile

I watched him play last week in the A league. Move along.

I get that

But if things were not going well behind the scenes, who plays their heart out.

I just think a free signing would be handy with not much to lose . Certainly wouldnt pay for him mind
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 21:22 - Dec 14 with 4403 viewsdaveB

Given he didn't seem to leave on good terms with the club and was angry about how he was released I very much doubt he'll be coming back, not sure he's what we need either
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 22:36 - Dec 14 with 4283 viewssilverbirch

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 21:22 - Dec 14 by daveB

Given he didn't seem to leave on good terms with the club and was angry about how he was released I very much doubt he'll be coming back, not sure he's what we need either

“not sure he's what we need either”…unless we are all going to be on a plane that crashes in the Andes
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 23:25 - Dec 14 with 4180 viewsnumptydumpty

He won't come back here

He is no longer championship standard.

Too out of shape.

Could be the end of his playing career.

Think he will be on talksport and involved with the horses !!

Guessing either his good lady or his kids could not adjust.

Personally thought it seemed a good career move for Charlie and he would enjoy the outdoor barbie beach lifestyle also so quite surprised by this and obviously it's a lower level than the championship quality wise also.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 23:27]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 00:05 - Dec 15 with 4132 viewsdaveB

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 23:25 - Dec 14 by numptydumpty

He won't come back here

He is no longer championship standard.

Too out of shape.

Could be the end of his playing career.

Think he will be on talksport and involved with the horses !!

Guessing either his good lady or his kids could not adjust.

Personally thought it seemed a good career move for Charlie and he would enjoy the outdoor barbie beach lifestyle also so quite surprised by this and obviously it's a lower level than the championship quality wise also.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 23:27]

His daughter had to stay in the UK for school and was ill recently as well (not serious) so I think that probably played a part
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 08:24 - Dec 15 with 3929 viewsnumptydumpty

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 00:05 - Dec 15 by daveB

His daughter had to stay in the UK for school and was ill recently as well (not serious) so I think that probably played a part

That must be the reason then.

Understandable.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 10:14 - Dec 15 with 3786 viewsterryb

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 00:05 - Dec 15 by daveB

Thanks for the information Dave.

That certainly explains why he would be returtning to the UK & I wish his daughter the very best with her recovery. I also applaud him for his priorities.

Not that I think there is as much as a 1% chance that he would be offered (or accept) a contract with Rangers, I would ask why he would show any determination playing for us, when he showed little/none when we were involved in the promotion race?
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 10:16 - Dec 15 with 3779 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for the memories but when you leave Heathrow take the western exit.
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 00:34 - Dec 16 with 3492 viewsJigsore

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 19:48 - Dec 14 by WokingR

Bearing in mind how well he coached Dykes and took him under his wing last time, I would give him until the end of the season just to see how much he could help develop Armstrong

for tips on the horses?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 00:41 - Dec 16 with 3485 viewsLblock

Absolute legend

But

Pace?

Move on…….

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 03:55 - Dec 16 with 3391 viewsnix

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 19:48 - Dec 14 by WokingR

It started well but he really didn't set a good example towards the end of his time with us. Do you remember how out of shape he became, could barely run or jump in the end. Also the time he went and sat in the stands. Or he'd come on and foul someone quite badly. He seemed quite angry and I'm not sure that's what you need in a dressing room where it's essential to have everyone playing together.

Will always to be grateful to him for his first spell with us and the first season of the second spell where he seemed to almost single handedly galvanise our season. But the second season just didn't work out due to fitness levels or whatever else was going on. I would certainly not want a third season even at a cut price.
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 05:50 - Dec 16 with 3330 viewsArcticHoop

I would take him as a impact sub for the last 15-30 mins if we need a goal or two. With a decent service he still can poach few goals in the box
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 07:19 - Dec 16 with 3257 viewsE15Hoop

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 05:50 - Dec 16 by ArcticHoop

I would take him as a impact sub for the last 15-30 mins if we need a goal or two. With a decent service he still can poach few goals in the box

In keeping with what others have said on this thread, Arctic, I seriously doubr he'd be up for that. I'm sure he won't be shy of offers elsewhere.
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 07:52 - Dec 16 with 3188 viewsArcticHoop

Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 07:19 - Dec 16 by E15Hoop

In keeping with what others have said on this thread, Arctic, I seriously doubr he'd be up for that. I'm sure he won't be shy of offers elsewhere.

Yeah, i dont demand we have to sign him,but im ok if we do.

But agree, that he will go somewhere else anyway. League 1 or 2 most likely
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 09:56 - Dec 16 with 3014 viewsLandshark

I can't honestly believe people would want him back. Did you not see him play last season? Did you not see his record in the A-League?

When he gets his coaching badges it would be great to have him back but until then he will stick with Talksport and playing League Two/Vanarama.
Looks like Charlie is coming back to the UK on 10:53 - Dec 16 with 2908 viewshoops_legend

Watch him sign for another championship club, do rubbish but get a goal against us when we play them! It's written in the stars
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024