Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes in hospital? 21:49 - Jan 27 with 24732 viewsBAWHoops

Bianca Austin is calling out QPR fans who have been sending Lyndon Dykes missus abuse (I know I know)

Also tweeted this

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Dykes in hospital? on 16:30 - Jan 28 with 5626 viewsdenhamhoop2

Dykes in hospital? on 16:29 - Jan 28 by denhamhoop2

Connolly looks mile offside 3 0 wonder who plays him on

Woops wrong thread
Dykes in hospital? on 19:50 - Jan 28 with 5370 viewsaston_hoop

Nice from Charlie

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dykes in hospital? on 19:55 - Jan 28 with 5346 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

Dykes in hospital? on 20:05 - Jan 28 with 5287 viewstraininvain

Dykes in hospital? on 19:55 - Jan 28 by BuzsakyIsGod

Bloody hell. Puts today’s result into perspective. Get well soon, Lyndon.
Dykes in hospital? on 20:21 - Jan 28 with 5190 viewsdistortR

Dykes in hospital? on 15:45 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him for a full and speedy recovery.

Absolutely this.
And nothing but contempt to those who abuse other people on social media. FFS.
Dykes in hospital? on 20:22 - Jan 28 with 5189 viewsthemodfather

i don't think dykes will ever be a top scoring striker for us, but would never slate his family or tweet crap. a mb rant , that is it , i see he works hard and links play but does not score enough or our system we play doesn't suit?
Dykes in hospital? on 20:31 - Jan 28 with 5127 viewsdistortR

Dykes in hospital? on 20:22 - Jan 28 by themodfather

i don't think dykes will ever be a top scoring striker for us, but would never slate his family or tweet crap. a mb rant , that is it , i see he works hard and links play but does not score enough or our system we play doesn't suit?

criticism on a football message board is fine imho, personal abuse isn't, sent to someone's own 'page' whatever the terminology is, especially when it's sent to the blokes wife, even more so when her husband is in hospital. Shaming.
Dykes in hospital? on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 5029 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes in hospital? on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 4654 viewswombat

Dykes in hospital? on 21:05 - Jan 28 by Nov77

Check out how many people have got pneumonia this year huge numbers and it’s a serious illness , even for those who are fit and well .
Can cause multi organ failure and death , yeah it’s a fecker of a an illness
Hopefully they have caught iit early , but I’d be surprised to see him playing anytime soon for us
I’m sure some so called fans are having a little,dance in celebration but without his work in the team we are truelly fecked , best wishes to him and his family

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dykes in hospital? on 22:46 - Jan 28 with 4613 viewstraininvain

Dykes in hospital? on 22:42 - Jan 28 by wombat

Check out how many people have got pneumonia this year huge numbers and it’s a serious illness , even for those who are fit and well .
Can cause multi organ failure and death , yeah it’s a fecker of a an illness
Hopefully they have caught iit early , but I’d be surprised to see him playing anytime soon for us
I’m sure some so called fans are having a little,dance in celebration but without his work in the team we are truelly fecked , best wishes to him and his family

I’m not an expert but isn’t pneumonia a Covid symptom?
Dykes in hospital? on 22:52 - Jan 28 with 4556 viewsdistortR

Dykes in hospital? on 22:46 - Jan 28 by traininvain

I had Pneumonia twenty years ago. It just is.
Dykes in hospital? on 22:53 - Jan 28 with 4551 viewswombat

Dykes in hospital? on 22:46 - Jan 28 by traininvain

Seems to be some sort of link to people who have had Covid according to some reports this and last year , don’t know if Lyndon had been jabbed or not either . But hospitals are getting people admitted this year than ever with people coming down with it , Another side effect of Covid seems to be. Heart issues in those who are seemingly fit and well .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dykes in hospital? on 23:05 - Jan 28 with 4465 viewsdistortR

Dykes in hospital? on 22:53 - Jan 28 by wombat

Seems to be some sort of link to people who have had Covid according to some reports this and last year , don’t know if Lyndon had been jabbed or not either . But hospitals are getting people admitted this year than ever with people coming down with it , Another side effect of Covid seems to be. Heart issues in those who are seemingly fit and well .

it's also been put down to more people getting respiratory illnesses due to the lockdown weakening immune systems. I didn't realise the immune system need a constant reboot, to be honest.
Dykes in hospital? on 23:54 - Jan 28 with 4366 viewsswisscottage

Having had it three times in the last ten years, it really depends whether its viral or bacterial, and if bacterial which one it is, some are more dangerous than others.

Fortunately now as an over 50 I've had my first Pneumonia Jab.

As a follow on infection after/with COVID -19 it can be quite serious as Covid already attacks the lungs and they are diminished capacity already when you then need to fight off the pneumonia resulting in low oxygenation of the blood, and in the worst cases ARDS.

In relatively healthy people Bacterial pneumonia only really occurs if your immune system is already weakened after fighting off another illness, and if you don't take precautions to avoid it .. learning how to cough properly, avoid snorting back phlegm into throat and lungs before hawking etc, sleeping on your side or elevated etc.

Viral Pneumonia ( COVID excepted) are usually less dangerous than bacterial, but the majority of bacterial pneumonias whilst extremely unpleasant are not dangerous to a young fit person like Dykes if appropriately treated.

Given Lyndon is the sort of person he is, playing himself into the ground last weekend when suffering a virus, and then coming back to training on the Friday desperate to make the matchday squad, hasn't done him any favours.

And I wish him a fast and speedy recovery for him and his family, and as he's one player who with a few exceptions plays nearly every game full hearted.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 23:56]
Dykes in hospital? on 00:24 - Jan 29 with 4259 viewsloftboy

I was born with it, 6 weeks in an incubator, was touch and go whether or not I survived apparently.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dykes in hospital? on 07:28 - Jan 29 with 4020 viewsbosh67

Wishing the lad better. I’ve also had pneumonia several times and it’s hugely debilitating. As he’s a young athlete hopefully he’s strong enough to get through the worst quickly. However, given the damage it causes I would be surprised if we see him back anywhere near the first team until sometime in April. Get well soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes in hospital? on 08:23 - Jan 29 with 3886 viewsLimehouseR

Wishing him a FULL recovery, Pneumonia is very scary and I would not wish it on anyone. It can happen at any time and being fit and healthy is no barrier to it taking hold.

I got it when I was 27, working as a postie, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, playing football, eating healthily and then after having a strange cough in the mornings for a week or so but otherwise feeling fine, I had a complete collapse one evening. I had a fever and it was agony to breathe, collapsed at home and was taken to The Royal London and stayed there for a week unable to even walk to the toilet for the first few days and getting told off by the nurses if I took the oxygen mask off for too long. It took over a month to be back at work and even then it took another month to be back feeling more myself again. 10 years or so on and I have no idea how much lasting damage it has done to me and I do wonder every time I get a cold or when I have had Covid if it might suddenly come back.
Dykes in hospital? on 08:44 - Jan 29 with 3791 viewsHarbour

Stay strong Lyndon wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
Dykes in hospital? on 09:35 - Jan 29 with 3677 viewsQPROslo

Wishing you a full and quick recovery Lyndon if you read this. Take the time you need. You were really missed in yesterday's game.
Dykes in hospital? on 19:44 - Jan 29 with 3181 viewsJigsore

Dykes in hospital? on 23:54 - Jan 28 by swisscottage

Having had it three times in the last ten years, it really depends whether its viral or bacterial, and if bacterial which one it is, some are more dangerous than others.

Fortunately now as an over 50 I've had my first Pneumonia Jab.

As a follow on infection after/with COVID -19 it can be quite serious as Covid already attacks the lungs and they are diminished capacity already when you then need to fight off the pneumonia resulting in low oxygenation of the blood, and in the worst cases ARDS.

In relatively healthy people Bacterial pneumonia only really occurs if your immune system is already weakened after fighting off another illness, and if you don't take precautions to avoid it .. learning how to cough properly, avoid snorting back phlegm into throat and lungs before hawking etc, sleeping on your side or elevated etc.

Viral Pneumonia ( COVID excepted) are usually less dangerous than bacterial, but the majority of bacterial pneumonias whilst extremely unpleasant are not dangerous to a young fit person like Dykes if appropriately treated.

Given Lyndon is the sort of person he is, playing himself into the ground last weekend when suffering a virus, and then coming back to training on the Friday desperate to make the matchday squad, hasn't done him any favours.

And I wish him a fast and speedy recovery for him and his family, and as he's one player who with a few exceptions plays nearly every game full hearted.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 23:56]

Don't let Leon Balogun see this...

Get well soon Lyndon, pneumonia is no joke.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Dykes in hospital? on 19:49 - Jan 29 with 3105 viewsMonkey_Roots

I had pneumonia a few years ago, and couldn’t walk a few steps without feeling absolutely f*cked. If Dykes had it, and then trained a few days later, I’m stunned that a) he could even walk and b) that he was allowed anywhere near the club.

I was signed off for 6 weeks from a desk job…
Dykes in hospital? on 20:14 - Jan 29 with 2952 viewssystemsguy

This....

I was hospitalised with pneumonia during the WC, I lost a stone and half and although discharged about two weeks before Christmas, I was still unwell at the start of the new year... I still have a related ear infection that's slowly clearing up

I'm a Sunday league refereeing leg-end and I'm nowhere near fit to officiate and I've been in the gym everyday for the last two weeks...

I'm looking to restart in March, can you imagine Lyndon a full time pro if it is pneumonia playing anytime soon?

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Dykes in hospital? on 21:29 - Jan 29 with 2742 viewsLanhoop

Dykes in hospital? on 20:14 - Jan 29 by systemsguy

This....

I was hospitalised with pneumonia during the WC, I lost a stone and half and although discharged about two weeks before Christmas, I was still unwell at the start of the new year... I still have a related ear infection that's slowly clearing up

I'm a Sunday league refereeing leg-end and I'm nowhere near fit to officiate and I've been in the gym everyday for the last two weeks...

I'm looking to restart in March, can you imagine Lyndon a full time pro if it is pneumonia playing anytime soon?

Yeah, agree. If it is pneumonia, I've had it and it's nasty, then he won't play again this season. Hopefully he'll be well enough for pre-season. We need to pick up another striker by Tuesday night.

Get well soon Lyndon, whatever anyone says they can never doubt your commitment.
Dykes in hospital? on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 2352 viewsNorthernr

Not sure why we have to go to Bianca Austin and Livingston for information on our centre forward but that's where we are atm...

https://news.stv.tv/sport/livingston-manager-david-martindale-claims-lyndon-dyke

The big man texted me yesterday actually and he sent me a picture, he had been watching Soccer AM in his hospital bed.

“Hopefully the big man makes a recovery very, very soon.

“Lyndon had Covid before Covid was a thing in Scotland. We were going to Ibrox, he trained on the Friday and he phoned me on the Saturday morning to say he had been up all night and had been to the hospital for an X-ray, saying he couldn’t breathe.

“For me, Lyndon struggled to get over that Covid. I thought at one point he had long Covid and now he has pneumonia.

“So he has not had the best of times of it over the past couple of years in terms of his lungs and cardiovascular side of it but everybody at Livingston just wants him back playing football as quick as possible. Hopefully the big man can make a quick recovery.”
Dykes in hospital? on 10:40 - Jan 30 with 2177 viewsQPsyR

Sums the club up at the moment, get a headline like that and it's our No.1 striker really ill
rather than this...

Get well soon Lyndon.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 18:09]

FKA AcidPixie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024