Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City in the brown stuff? 10:51 - Feb 6 with 9490 viewsToast_R

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

Will any of this stick?
Would be funny if the book is thrown at them. No point in a financial penalty, this needs to be a points matter or even relegation.

Man City in the brown stuff? on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 3265 viewsHAYESBOY

If......If found guilty on the main counts then shirley this would be the same as Rangers in Scotland.
Real possibility of them being chucked down the leagues.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Man City in the brown stuff? on 19:04 - Feb 6 with 3228 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Man City in the brown stuff? on 18:50 - Feb 6 by HAYESBOY

If......If found guilty on the main counts then shirley this would be the same as Rangers in Scotland.

Beyond a slapped wrist, I bet absolutely feck all of note happens here.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Man City in the brown stuff? on 21:20 - Feb 6 with 3070 viewsdavman

Man City in the brown stuff? on 13:53 - Feb 6 by daveB

If the charges are true they were paying both players and managers 2 separate wages one from a different club in Qatar to get around the rules whilst also lying about how much income they had. If they are found to have cheated they deserve to be punished

Yes, but they won't be.

Just like Derby got reprieve after reprieve and Chester, Bury, Luton , Pompey and others got butchered by the authorities. The "bigger" you are, the less the authorities can (or will) do. I find it utterly amazing that there is no sort of uprising against FFP in England as the rules do NOT protect the clubs as advertised, they simply stop upstarts from doing a Chelsea or a Citee.

If it was about protecting clubs as advertised, there are things the authorities can do as a condition of membership such as ensuring that owners put money needed for contracts and transfers in a trust fund that can't go anywhere but servicing the payments. It doesn't have to be about what is "legal" and what is "illegal", just a fair condition of membership. Then, if you want to bank roll a club, fill your boots.

I mean, in business, if someone wants to come in a feed you millions, what's stopping them?

Its all a sham and as there MUST be more fans supporting the other 86 teams in this country, WHY can't they get together to get rid of these pathetic, trade-limiting laws?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Man City in the brown stuff? on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 3013 viewsloftboy

Man City in the brown stuff? on 18:50 - Feb 6 by HAYESBOY

Rangers went bust I’m thinking more like Juventus, relegated two divisions for financial irregularities and now given a points deduction for doing it again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Man City in the brown stuff? on 23:48 - Feb 6 with 2898 viewsGloryHunter

I'm surprised to hear that the Premier League HAS any financial rules. I thought the whole thing was set up to allow the richest owners to buy success. I'm sure the Saudis at Newcastle will be most upset if this turns out not to be the case.
Man City in the brown stuff? on 13:29 - Feb 7 with 2481 viewsJuzzie

Man City in the brown stuff? on 13:39 - Feb 6 by Sakura

Its an absolute disgrace they are being charged. These charges were first raised against Man City back when they had have zero debt. For those years there should be no charge at all. The rules are a scam to keep the Football Period as entrenched as they can.

United and Liverpool are both likely to be sold and that’s no surprise. Both clubs are leveraged up on hundreds of millions of debt. That was more manageable when interest rates were low but now we are leaving that world those clubs are on the road to huge huge trouble and these rules do nothing to protect them.

City owners did take a loan out in 2021 but so have United etc so that’s not whats being judged here.

If rich owners give cash to the club and it isn’t debt. It isn’t a loan then that money shouldn’t be an issue. Its ridiculous that we aren’t allowed to go out and spend £10 million on a striker. If the owners give it as cash to the club then there is zero reason that shouldn’t be allowed. This isn’t a communist country

FFP is killing the game. It takes hope away from clubs like ours. All QPR fans should be backing City if they can pick loop holes in these laws and set a precedent for us to follow ourselves so we can escape this mess as Les and Belk cant find players we can turn for a profit so its our only way out

I've always been of the thinking that if owners want to pump £millions into a club, then let them.

The criteria must be that once it's gone, it's gone. End of. No wanting it back, no saying it's a loan, no saddling it onto the club, no debt into equity/shares etc etc.

Black or white, no grey areas or any kind of creative loopholing/accountancy etc.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 15:52]
Man City in the brown stuff? on 14:56 - Feb 7 with 2376 viewsdaveB

If found guilty they are in serious trouble, they were found guilty by UEFA but appealed it and the court of arbitration said as it was more than 5 years ago they couldn't be punished or some such nonsense. Premier League could have brushed this under the carpet but seem keen to go for them so that must mean they have strong evidence, We'll see I guess.

Like most people I imagine it will all blow over and nothing will happen
Man City in the brown stuff? on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 2368 viewsQPR_John

I wonder if certain clubs would be pleased to see City kicked out cannot think however who those clubs might be.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City in the brown stuff? on 15:45 - Feb 7 with 2269 viewsHayesender

Fck em, hope they're hit with the strongest possible sanctions, quickly followed by those South London cnts.

I'm sick to death of us being the only club to be hit with an ffp bombshell.

Bitter? Yes I bloody am

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Man City in the brown stuff? on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 2234 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man City in the brown stuff? on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 2208 viewsQPunkR

UEFA already tried to ban them from Europe for exactly the same thing but bloody CAS (not for the first time) ballsed it up and overruled. In this instance though, I believe City have no recourse to appeal to CAS if they’re found guilty.

However, even though the Premier League have the power to relegate them (and absolutely should, for such flagrant and longstanding cheating), there’s absolutely no appetite and no way they’ll do it, not even to discourage others

QPR - "shit but local"

Man City in the brown stuff? on 16:20 - Feb 7 with 2182 viewsRs_Holy

Man City in the brown stuff? on 16:11 - Feb 7 by QPunkR

UEFA already tried to ban them from Europe for exactly the same thing but bloody CAS (not for the first time) ballsed it up and overruled. In this instance though, I believe City have no recourse to appeal to CAS if they’re found guilty.

However, even though the Premier League have the power to relegate them (and absolutely should, for such flagrant and longstanding cheating), there’s absolutely no appetite and no way they’ll do it, not even to discourage others

I can’t see them tarnishing their product.
Man City in the brown stuff? on 19:18 - Feb 7 with 2025 viewsthemodfather

the papers are full of accusations arrests , reported offences but how many end up in convictions? man city, it looks bad but they have the dosh to battle it , we tried and ended up a blind alley, wasn't it, cop it or else?
football sucks, chelsea have a long history since Roman of dodgy deals, big spending, blood doping, 3 tv specials and nothing came of it bar a transfer embargo.
other clubs accused of turning players/managers heads, using dodgy agents and it goes on and on.
juve were set down to serie d recently and are caught out again, what next? thrown out of football? cos they don't learn.
then we get oh, different rules for fa and prem league?? surely that feeds the loopholes and all english football needs to come under one rules. the game can't even sort out var, i mean the evidence is there, to review on the spot and is still a shambles!
Man City in the brown stuff? on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 1983 viewsSakura

Man City in the brown stuff? on 13:53 - Feb 6 by daveB

If the charges are true they were paying both players and managers 2 separate wages one from a different club in Qatar to get around the rules whilst also lying about how much income they had. If they are found to have cheated they deserve to be punished

I’m not arguing they haven’t broken any rules. I’m arguing that the rules are wrong so no punishment is justified

If it’s about financial fair play then Bournemouth should be given the same budget as Man United

But “fair play” isn’t what they are there for. It is instead there to try and entrench the football hierarchy as it is

If Gnanalingam and Fernandes thought this Jan, ‘we are rich. Lets put an extra £30m cash into Rangers bank account and let them spend that on a new striker and a winger’, then that should be allowed

But it isn’t as if they allow all clubs to do that then it will give them a better chance of overtaking clubs with the already established revenue streams

Man United have around a £1 billion of debt. Why no charges against them.

These charges go back 4 years. Up until 2021 Man City’s debt was ZERO

It’s a con and you have been conned
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 19:42]
Man City in the brown stuff? on 20:17 - Feb 7 with 1923 viewsQPunkR

Man City in the brown stuff? on 19:35 - Feb 7 by Sakura

I’m not arguing they haven’t broken any rules. I’m arguing that the rules are wrong so no punishment is justified

If it’s about financial fair play then Bournemouth should be given the same budget as Man United

But “fair play” isn’t what they are there for. It is instead there to try and entrench the football hierarchy as it is

If Gnanalingam and Fernandes thought this Jan, ‘we are rich. Lets put an extra £30m cash into Rangers bank account and let them spend that on a new striker and a winger’, then that should be allowed

But it isn’t as if they allow all clubs to do that then it will give them a better chance of overtaking clubs with the already established revenue streams

Man United have around a £1 billion of debt. Why no charges against them.

These charges go back 4 years. Up until 2021 Man City’s debt was ZERO

It’s a con and you have been conned
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 19:42]

Or how about rather than trying to entrench the existing hierarchy, these rules were brought in to try and stop nation states taking over clubs like has happened with City and now Newcastle?
Yes, there were ludicrously rich clubs before, but such rules weren’t set up previously as it wasn’t foreseen that entire countries would put their (oil) wealth behind singular entities

QPR - "shit but local"

Man City in the brown stuff? on 20:29 - Feb 7 with 1897 viewsDorse

They'll be hit with a strongly worded letter, in a serious looking font, that says 'Stop it or we will say 'stop it' again'.

And then we'll get a transfer ban, docked 9 points and put on the Sex Offenders register.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Man City in the brown stuff? on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1863 viewsKerryE

It says we were fined £875,000 here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64554257

Is that correct?

Edit: that's the transfer saga, not ffp.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 20:49]
Man City in the brown stuff? on 10:16 - Feb 8 with 1487 viewsSonofpugwash

Man City in the brown stuff? on 21:20 - Feb 6 by davman

Yes, but they won't be.

Just like Derby got reprieve after reprieve and Chester, Bury, Luton , Pompey and others got butchered by the authorities. The "bigger" you are, the less the authorities can (or will) do. I find it utterly amazing that there is no sort of uprising against FFP in England as the rules do NOT protect the clubs as advertised, they simply stop upstarts from doing a Chelsea or a Citee.

If it was about protecting clubs as advertised, there are things the authorities can do as a condition of membership such as ensuring that owners put money needed for contracts and transfers in a trust fund that can't go anywhere but servicing the payments. It doesn't have to be about what is "legal" and what is "illegal", just a fair condition of membership. Then, if you want to bank roll a club, fill your boots.

I mean, in business, if someone wants to come in a feed you millions, what's stopping them?

Its all a sham and as there MUST be more fans supporting the other 86 teams in this country, WHY can't they get together to get rid of these pathetic, trade-limiting laws?

Agree absolutely.When was the last time you heard of a business being fined for making a trading loss for example?FFP is restraint of trade.Maybe we can get rid of it for good,Citeh have the funds sufficient to engage with some really aggressive legal teams and make a proper fist of things.I hear they may be doing just that.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Man City in the brown stuff? on 10:34 - Feb 8 with 1455 viewsBerkoRanger

Man City in the brown stuff? on 10:16 - Feb 8 by Sonofpugwash

Agree absolutely.When was the last time you heard of a business being fined for making a trading loss for example?FFP is restraint of trade.Maybe we can get rid of it for good,Citeh have the funds sufficient to engage with some really aggressive legal teams and make a proper fist of things.I hear they may be doing just that.

Agree with most of the above. Think this will be the beginning of the end of FFP because it IS a restraint of trade. If an owner wants to invest, they should be allowed to! Also, other big clubs won't want to be dragged in to legal arguments.
Interesting times.
Man City in the brown stuff? on 10:56 - Feb 8 with 1369 viewsThe_Beast1976

Man City in the brown stuff? on 21:20 - Feb 6 by davman

Yes, but they won't be.

Agreed. Let's hope Man City make a better fist of the fight than we did and get this FFP bollix smashed once and for all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024