Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going down 17:35 - Feb 25 with 14878 viewsRangersw12

I'm sorry ( full bed wetting mode) but I just can't t see where we're gonna get any points from

These players just don't care enough to do the basics

Must not lose at Rotherham!?
Going down on 09:14 - Feb 26 with 2765 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Going down on 00:28 - Feb 26 by joe90

We signed Chris Martin because Dykes was seriously unwell. Don’t know if you heard the news, but he was in hospital with pneumonia.

Also, Neil Critchley was in keeping with the ‘plan’, he just inherited a useless team!

I think you have made the point. After 8 years we had no backup striker when Dykes was ill, that is not only shocking, its incompetent. To make it worse we paid off Bonne, you can't make it up!

This team wasn't useless, they were top in October. The squad has probably split, between Beales Boys and the rest, and once that happens it cant be sorted until the summer.
Going down on 09:28 - Feb 26 with 2722 viewspaulparker

Going down on 00:28 - Feb 26 by joe90

We signed Chris Martin because Dykes was seriously unwell. Don’t know if you heard the news, but he was in hospital with pneumonia.

Also, Neil Critchley was in keeping with the ‘plan’, he just inherited a useless team!

Critchley was a shocking choice , clearly lost the dressing room from day one
Him and stevie G stunk the place out at Villa also , that’s 2 clubs in a space of 9 months where the players looked bored to tears
With regards to Chris Marin i think it sums up Les and his tenure here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Going down on 09:37 - Feb 26 with 2701 viewsPunteR

Going down on 08:36 - Feb 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another cracking contribution from the Loft For Words weathervane.

Apologies Baz , my reply was a tad unnecessary. Just get fed up with the club and the same arguments we have on here. Just never ending shite.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Going down on 10:22 - Feb 26 with 2552 viewsLblock

Looks like I picked the wrong season to quit glue sniffing....

Over the last six or seven years it would've been me starting this thread and then getting pelters for it... this season I take a back seat and look what happens!!!

I do wish people would stop going on about "we were top in October" - that was such a false position and you have to look at who we played and how lucky we were. The football was patchy and the concern always was we were a one Willock team - once his form dropped / his injury resurfaced we weren't much bottle were we?
The squad is so weak and unbalanced and, as I've moaned about countless times, signing injury prone players get's you a busy physio room. The only one with a modicum of success there has been Sam Field, the rest are duffs...... Richards the absolute biggest joke of the lot.

This club has been decaying since Bungle walked through the door - I always said he'd ruin the club and I would say the impending relegation will only serve to quicken things. We are trail blazers in the shit stakes - biggest sporting fine in history.. check; longest wait for a win in the Prem... check and my fear is: biggest modern day club to go out business ..... mmmmmmm?

Lucky Generals win wars..... Poor ones get you killed.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Going down on 10:52 - Feb 26 with 2459 viewsAndybrat

Beale and injuries, the injuries now being the biggest issue. You never have a fully fit squad but the 1st choice 11 would never have looked like yesterdays. Chris Martin ( he does win a lot of balls) wouldn’t be there if poor LD hadn’t been so ill. The players must see their mates struggling on the training pitch and in physio all the time. We are down to the bones with limited options, at least Richards and Amos were on the bench. As much as he is derided Balogan meant clean sheets. Dozzell is the biggest disappointment for me, obviously got a sweet left foot but seemingly scared to use it. Absolutely no replacement for Ilias, but left side of midfield what other options were there. Actually thought we were OK 1st half but conceding a goal 10 seconds from half time was the killer. Second time this year, thinking of Sheffield Red Stripe. We are where we are and GA is the best option, suspect the only one but somehow we need a fit squad. BTW if Balagon was fit Dickie would be dropped, Beale saw that and wonder if that has contributed to his confidence levels.
Going down on 11:04 - Feb 26 with 2416 viewsdenhamhoop2

Going down on 20:44 - Feb 25 by CamberleyR

The 68/69 team won once in their final 22 matches (42 game season) which included a twenty match winless run and a nine straight game losing streak in the second half of the season so it'll be close.

That was in Division One with what was basically the Division Three Title winning team minus it's best player. Not a Second Division team that had been top previously so mentally weak and over reliant on Chair and Willock for creativity. The third goal yesterday was poor Sunday League defending with Gallagher standing for 20 seconds at the back post pointing where the cross needed to be put for him.
Going down on 11:35 - Feb 26 with 2315 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth would have seen the same issues we have all been seeing for months in yesterday’s performance. The defence have been shambolic as a four for ages and surely the only option now is to go with a five to at least keep the goals out: that would be a starting point to getting a bit of confidence back into this broken squad.

With Chair out and the total lack of creativity that leaves us with the only option is surely to get it out wide and cross into Martin as much as possible with others up for support: it wouldn’t be pretty but needs must.

I think we probably have enough points on board to stay out of the bottom three but continuing with the same formation and players will take us very close: I trust Gareth to work with what he has and get the team performing better enough to keep us safe. Then a big rebuild in the summer needed.
Going down on 11:57 - Feb 26 with 2284 viewsbaz_qpr

We have an entire eleven out and that is not really helping. I was surprised we lined up 4-2-3-1 we dont have the legs for it or the defensively capability, we are relying on our full backs to provide the width and that leaves us wide open defensively.

Their first goal was luck to some extent with deflection but Kakay backed off instead of stepping into his man and Dunne was ball watching instead of marking his man

Second goal Kakay just let the guy go and Dickie was super slow to react, it was terrible defending from both of them

3rd goal Dickie's man peels off to the back post and Kakay man runs towards the goal where Dickie is they both end up marking the same man. Are they man marking (dickies fault) or zonal (Kakays fault)

Kakay was great going forward, you could see that Ainsworth had drilled in to them early crossing, and there was a lot of endeavour and some good tackles. But how when he has been involved in defensive errors that have contributed to all 3 goals can so many people be calling him MOTM?

The only player I saw lack of endeavour from yesterday was Dozzell everyone else worked hard and battled, but we lacked guile, intelligence and organisation. Now Gaz has only done a couple of training sessions, but focus has to be defensive organisation we need a couple of bagels here to stop the rot, probably a change in formation and a bit of luck
Login to get fewer ads

Going down on 11:58 - Feb 26 with 2284 viewsRangersw12

This squad reminds me so much of the 00/01 lot
Going down on 12:04 - Feb 26 with 2255 viewsAirtomoreira

The 68/69 team won once in their final 22 matches (42 game season) which included a twenty match winless run and a nine straight game losing streak in the second half of the season so it'll be close.

True, but they'd over achieved to get where they were, and were clearly out of their depth that season. This lot are out of their depth in a paddling pool.
Going down on 12:17 - Feb 26 with 2172 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Going down on 11:57 - Feb 26 by baz_qpr

We have an entire eleven out and that is not really helping. I was surprised we lined up 4-2-3-1 we dont have the legs for it or the defensively capability, we are relying on our full backs to provide the width and that leaves us wide open defensively.

Their first goal was luck to some extent with deflection but Kakay backed off instead of stepping into his man and Dunne was ball watching instead of marking his man

Second goal Kakay just let the guy go and Dickie was super slow to react, it was terrible defending from both of them

3rd goal Dickie's man peels off to the back post and Kakay man runs towards the goal where Dickie is they both end up marking the same man. Are they man marking (dickies fault) or zonal (Kakays fault)

Kakay was great going forward, you could see that Ainsworth had drilled in to them early crossing, and there was a lot of endeavour and some good tackles. But how when he has been involved in defensive errors that have contributed to all 3 goals can so many people be calling him MOTM?

The only player I saw lack of endeavour from yesterday was Dozzell everyone else worked hard and battled, but we lacked guile, intelligence and organisation. Now Gaz has only done a couple of training sessions, but focus has to be defensive organisation we need a couple of bagels here to stop the rot, probably a change in formation and a bit of luck

Totally agree about Kakay. I would never fault his effort but he's never a Championship defender. First goal he lets their player cut in rather than force him outside and for the second he's ballwatching rather than staying tight and goalside of his man, who just runs away.

That said, he was probably our MoTM yesterday which says it all.
Going down on 14:00 - Feb 26 with 1982 viewsstainrods_elbow

Though that side also had spirit and panache - see this 4-3 defeat at the Hammers won by a rather good goal from Saggy Chops himself! It's like watching footballing chalk and cheese compared to 2023!

Unlike that team that 'refused to be overshadowed', our version plays like a bunch of already-dead shades.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Going down on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 1973 viewsdistortR

Going down on 00:02 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we worked harder today, I think we have a manager who might inspire us for the games ahead. Chair's injury might be a blow, but I'm still optimistic that we will get our form and shape back.

I don't see anything other than survival.

You did tell me you had painted 'survival' on your feature wall, though.
Going down on 14:33 - Feb 26 with 1957 viewsdistortR

Going down on 01:58 - Feb 26 by kitkev

Don't think you will go down only because hudd Blackpool Wigan are worst than you

By the same token Ainsworth will get a couple of wins, in the short term he will stabilise you.

Long term he is not the answer in my opinion, forget the pretty football and just grind out results win draw does not matter points are what count

We sit fifth are we a team that play like Barca no but we are a team of grafters I don't care about how other sides see us or what they call us,

And you should do the same feck the pretty football survive that's all you need to do

you lot play pragmatic football for a (Very good) pragmatic manager for your budget and this division. I've kind of lost as to what we do, right now.
Going down on 14:35 - Feb 26 with 1944 viewsSonofpugwash

Nothing settles the custard better than a good 'ol relegation scrap.Much more involving than tilting at playoff windmills.
Quite looking forward to it.
As for the players,let's see what colour their shorts are.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Going down on 15:07 - Feb 26 with 1866 viewsearthdweller

QPR do not seem to have the revenue, scouting, or academy to play like a mini man city. Watching that interview with chairman and board, I think they realize this was a mistake.

Would it be more cost effective and less risky to implement a simple direct style of play with interchangeable players with the hope you win more consistently and can sell players to teams higher up the championship table?
Going down on 15:21 - Feb 26 with 1841 viewsstanistheman

Going down on 00:12 - Feb 26 by paulparker

There’s plenty of posters on here calling for Les head it’s not just me
In my eyes the club is dead , that’s my opinion , we are heading towards league one with a whimper
Ainsworth was bought into please the fan base he wasn’t chosen on merit , the DOF is padding on Sh1t creek that’s why Gareth is here now , his signings and managerial appointments have been by and large disappointing over the 8 years , there’s no plan if there was why are we signing the likes of Tyler Roberts, Lowe and Chris Martin , It’s get by season upon season that was not the remit when Les took the reigns , we got lucky with one Jewell in the turd bowl which was Eze and look how that cash was spent
And btw it’s not just Les , it’s Hoos, the coaching staff and by and large the board who have made such a pigs ear of it
QPR fans have shown enough dignity over the last 8 years and look where we are now

This echoes 2001 when Holloway was brought in for the last 13 games. And like Ainsworth, a lot of the fixtures were against some fellow strugglers and mid table sides with a few promotion chasing teams. Holloway managed his one win against the division’s worst team, Tranmere.

That team just gave up as soon as falling behind. This one isn’t much better.

Ainsworth said he only had two training sessions with the players, so hopefully he will coach them to play a lot better in the next few games and choose better players than Dozzell and a dodgy centre back pair.
Going down on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 1779 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Going down on 15:21 - Feb 26 by stanistheman

This echoes 2001 when Holloway was brought in for the last 13 games. And like Ainsworth, a lot of the fixtures were against some fellow strugglers and mid table sides with a few promotion chasing teams. Holloway managed his one win against the division’s worst team, Tranmere.

That team just gave up as soon as falling behind. This one isn’t much better.

Ainsworth said he only had two training sessions with the players, so hopefully he will coach them to play a lot better in the next few games and choose better players than Dozzell and a dodgy centre back pair.

Just a reminder of QPR’s lineup on Holloway’s first game v Sheff U

G Kulcsar
L Miklosko
G Peacock
M Perry
C Plummer
K Ready
M Rose
S Wardley
C Warren
P Crouch
M Ngonge

Crouch and Peacock aside, who’d you swap for today? We are in danger certainly, but not 2001 danger if you ask me.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 15:38]
Going down on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 1754 viewsterryb

Going down on 15:38 - Feb 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

G Kulcsar
L Miklosko
G Peacock
M Perry
C Plummer
K Ready
M Rose
S Wardley
C Warren
P Crouch
M Ngonge

Crouch and Peacock aside, who’d you swap for today? We are in danger certainly, but not 2001 danger if you ask me.

I'd take Mathew Rose in preference to any of our current defenders!

I get it about his "injury" record, but he was a good defender, as witnessed on our return to this divion in 2004.
Going down on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 1732 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Going down on 15:52 - Feb 26 by terryb

I'd take Mathew Rose in preference to any of our current defenders!

I get it about his "injury" record, but he was a good defender, as witnessed on our return to this divion in 2004.

Yeah agreed actually
Going down on 17:35 - Feb 26 with 1569 viewspaulparker

G Kulcsar
L Miklosko
G Peacock
M Perry
C Plummer
K Ready
M Rose
S Wardley
C Warren
P Crouch
M Ngonge

That lot would still put 3 past our current losers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Going down on 18:50 - Feb 26 with 1428 viewsjoe90

Going down on 09:28 - Feb 26 by paulparker

Critchley was a shocking choice , clearly lost the dressing room from day one
Him and stevie G stunk the place out at Villa also , that’s 2 clubs in a space of 9 months where the players looked bored to tears
With regards to Chris Marin i think it sums up Les and his tenure here

If the criticism is that we should have had another striker in-house, then I can’t disagree with that.

Chris Martin, Critchley etc aren’t the problems they’re the symptoms.
Going down on 18:58 - Feb 26 with 1415 viewsjoe90

Going down on 09:14 - Feb 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I think you have made the point. After 8 years we had no backup striker when Dykes was ill, that is not only shocking, its incompetent. To make it worse we paid off Bonne, you can't make it up!

This team wasn't useless, they were top in October. The squad has probably split, between Beales Boys and the rest, and once that happens it cant be sorted until the summer.

I think we need to get over our form earlier in the season. It was tenuous and never looked like it was going to last. The drop in form started when Beale was here.

I don’t buy this ‘Beales Boys’ argument. Unless you can give me some concrete evidence it’s just speculation.

Our main issue is not having our best players fit to play. Losing Willock has really hurt us. Johansen has been out for most of the season and now we may have also lost Chair.

Agree with your point on our striker situation.
Going down on 19:13 - Feb 26 with 1391 viewsWestbourneR

G Kulcsar
L Miklosko
G Peacock
M Perry
C Plummer
K Ready
M Rose
S Wardley
C Warren
P Crouch
M Ngonge

True but it’s all relative - the Championship is so much stronger now than 20 years ago

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Going down on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 1295 viewsCamberleyR

G Kulcsar
L Miklosko
G Peacock
M Perry
C Plummer
K Ready
M Rose
S Wardley
C Warren
P Crouch
M Ngonge

Kulcsar in goal? Holloway out!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024