Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind 08:44 - Mar 7 with 6451 viewsNorthantsHoop

Watching the Brentford v Fulham game last night how they have both come on in recent years, players, investments, stadium, profile etc, while we languish away as the forgotten team in West London, bit sad really.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 08:46 - Mar 7 with 4884 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Honestly, folks - and this isn't aimed at you Northants - but how many threads do we need on the same subjects?

This isn't good for us to keep repeating stuff that saddens us all and that we all agree on. We've two more months of this. We have to liven up a bit.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 08:54 - Mar 7 with 4824 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 08:46 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Honestly, folks - and this isn't aimed at you Northants - but how many threads do we need on the same subjects?

This isn't good for us to keep repeating stuff that saddens us all and that we all agree on. We've two more months of this. We have to liven up a bit.

I agree Brian, but it is so galling to watch it happen and I am someone invested in the club with a season ticket and a training ground bond invester.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:02 - Mar 7 with 4794 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 08:54 - Mar 7 by NorthantsHoop

I agree Brian, but it is so galling to watch it happen and I am someone invested in the club with a season ticket and a training ground bond invester.

I worry, genuinely worry, about the health of some fans Northants.
It's not enjoyable but we've all been here so many times before that we really need to find a way to look after ourselves in the weeks ahead.

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:07 - Mar 7 with 4774 viewsRs_Holy

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:02 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

It's not enjoyable but we've all been here so many times before that we really need to find a way to look after ourselves in the weeks ahead.

I am glad we don't have to lose to them 4 times a season ... every cloud etc
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:08 - Mar 7 with 4770 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:02 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

To be honest it has been a depressing show at home all season. I want Gareth to succeed just hope he can get a tune out of our lacklustre bunch of players.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:08 - Mar 7 with 4770 viewsBluce_Ree

The cyclical nature of football at least guarantees that they'll likely both be f**ked in ten years time. Just as we're making our way back from League Two.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:26 - Mar 7 with 4711 viewsDejR_vu

In fairness Brian, there is very little about the club to be happy about atm, so it’s natural that there will be similar threads.

Personally, it’s time for me to take a break from QPR. I’ve been a season ticket holder for donkeys years, resolved not to renew a few years ago but did, in the end, to see the Eze / Chair / Bright team develop. But, going to games ruins my weekends. It’s so much worse being there and witnessing it. Apart from GA’s first game, I’ve barely been since Cardiff away. I want to go at the weekend to see Ale, but can’t face it. I’m out, not sure if/when I’ll be back.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:31 - Mar 7 with 4687 viewsbosh67

The truth is that a win in the next few games changes everything. Obviously if we are here on 39 points with 3 games to go it is a lot more unlikely but this is QPR. I can see us leaving it that late to pull off a great escape.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:49 - Mar 7 with 4595 viewsParkRoyalR

Well said, feel very lucky to support the R's, imagine having to sit with all those newbie fans jumping around like gimps, my idea of hell.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 09:53 - Mar 7 with 4575 viewsTacticalR

Agreed.

Plus the task at hand is to stay in this division in this season, not to worry about whether we could compete in another division in another season.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 9:53]

Air hostess clique

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:04 - Mar 7 with 4519 viewsAntti_Heinola

I wish someone could tell me why Toney is still allowed to play even though he was charged 4 months ago and has admitted most of the charges. What's the hold up?

Bare bones.

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:13 - Mar 7 with 4473 viewsNW5Hoop

To be fair, that would mean not having threads about any matches at the moment, given we concede three every time, and most of the squad don't turn up (half of them literally, half of them figuratively).
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:18 - Mar 7 with 4443 viewsbosh67

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:04 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

I wish someone could tell me why Toney is still allowed to play even though he was charged 4 months ago and has admitted most of the charges. What's the hold up?

He allegedly has a 100K on the ban being imposed after 5 months.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:39 - Mar 7 with 4333 viewsPunteR

Just got to accept it now. Fk all we can do about it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 10:57 - Mar 7 with 4266 viewsPaddyhoops

As someone who’s had a really shit 2023 . I was hoping for some cheer and having a decent team to watch . Sadly we’ve ended up with the most abysmal outfit in nigh on a quarter of a century.
Does it affect my mental health . Not really as it’s one of the least most important things in life.
It’s depressing at the moment but the pain will end eventually.
As for the other two , feck em. WE ARE QPR.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 11:00 - Mar 7 with 4245 viewsandrew1302

I think what is so depressing is the way the owners have just wasted all the opportunities we have had over the past decade and the sickness in the club is at the worst level , top management. The owners whilst pretty extraordinary in their financial support have basically, led by Fernandes , completely messed up the opportunities we had to progress as a club. And now we have Les who has probably done more to destroy the club than anyone with his gross mismanagement of player acquisition and his constant false promises of bringing young players through. It is all very well having great facilities [ a lot of which was paid for by the fans by way of a totally unsecured loan which given a lot of people won't understand security of certain loans was little short of a con] but if the players you bring in all end up in League 2 what was the point. The club must be entering last knockings and to survive apart from a massive shake up of players in the summer there needs to be a clear out of Les, the scouts and physios. How these people suggested we sign 4 sick notes for this season is simply beyond belief. Did they not appreciate we could end up just where we are with the spine of the team out and having to recall players from torquay for our first team. Come on Rueben show some mettle and start to run the club like it were one of your businesses. If a staff member fails he is gone. Time for that to happen now. I am sure it will boost everyone if the above were shown the door today and , of course, it would save money.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 11:17 - Mar 7 with 4197 viewsaston_hoop

The way I see it, the clubs in the OP have peaked now. Thats it for them, a push for Europe. Its fantastic for them, something to cherish for years and something I'd love, but they've peaked and that means the only way is down. They're not going to start eating at the top table with the Middle Eastern Premier League 'franchises' be it the Emirati Blues, The Saudi Magpies or the future Qatari reds. But the fans will start to get a bit restless and you just never know, especially at Fulham, the owners might be under pressure to throw money at things and capitulate again. These things go round in circles. Its their day this decade, it'll be the next bunch of well run clubs next decade.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 12:06 - Mar 7 with 4066 viewsactonman

All it will take is luton going up via the play offs and we will be their little b!tch for years to come aswell .
We are looking at and having to be optimistic that we can be like Barnsley , donny , Rotherham etc and manage to yo yo between league 1

All very fking depressing
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 12:57 - Mar 7 with 3947 viewsterryb

I suspect that it was hard to take for Fulham & Brentford fans in the '60's till the '90's when little old Queens Park Rangers overtook them.

Not just playing wise, but our stadium was the envy of all clubs with four new stands built. Our profile/investments were far higher than The Pensioners for most of that period as well.

It's hard to envisage at present when we will start narrowing the gap, but it will eventually happen.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 13:43 - Mar 7 with 3799 viewspaulparker

Our nearest rivals will be Hanwell town soon

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 15:40 - Mar 7 with 3563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 13:43 - Mar 7 by paulparker

Our nearest rivals will be Hanwell town soon

Damn those Tectonic Plates!

Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 3422 viewsLoyalitat

We only have ourselves to blame.

I'm certain that there's nobody currently playing for Brentford who is on the ridiculous amount of money we played dross like Joey Barton 12 years ago. Also, players like Ethan Pinnock would not have been considered good enough for the premier league if he were at QPR. A player who was playing for Dulwich Hamlet about 7 years ago.

Instead, we would have wasted substantial amounts of money on premier league dross.

Fulham with Tim Ream is another case in point. Many a person has said in the past that he can't play in the premier league. Yet both players have played their part to the point that their teams can already plan for another season in the premier league.

Well done to both of them and their respective clubs, especially Brentford for managing their premier league largesse more sensibly than we did.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2023 17:21]
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 17:08 - Mar 7 with 3306 viewsRangersw12

He's in my dream team so leave him be
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 17:31 - Mar 7 with 3227 viewsjoe90

We've been pony for ages. Even during our last three outings in the Premier League we were a joke. Our one season of glory under Warnock was immortalised in the 'Four Year Plan' which did nothing good for our reputation.

If we are as Bircham says, a 'spiv club' then we have to accept the realities of that.
Hard to Accept But We Have Been Left Behind on 21:28 - Mar 7 with 2999 viewsswitchingcode

Write to the FA nothing to do with the player or the club although it does give his already signed replacement to get bedded in for next season while the FA as usual take their time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024