Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy v England 19:29 - Mar 23 with 7755 viewsW12Mikey

Surprised ther isn’t a thread on this. Do we only care about QPR? To be honest, I usually find Euro qualifiers a bore, but I have to watch tonight. My mother-in-law who spent the first 94 years of her life being indifferent to football has suddenly become a fervent fan and insists I watch with her to explain the finer points (she is under the illusion that 20 years of watching QPR has given me some insight into how the game should be played). She was bitterly disappointed to learn that her favourite player Erling Haaland won’t be leading the line for England. Luckily she also loves Harry Kane.
My prediction 1-1 (Kane)
Italy v England on 21:58 - Mar 23 with 1857 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2-1 away victory with ten men to European Champions? Southgate out.
Italy v England on 22:12 - Mar 23 with 1770 viewsdaveB

Italy v England on 21:05 - Mar 23 by Toast_R

Maguire has a brain fart and its 2-1. What was he thinking?

This is where Southgate falls down, doesn't react to the shift in momentum, desperately needs a change but he'll just do nothing until its 2-2.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 21:06]

What change do you make though in the first 10 minutes of the half after playing so well first half?

Foden for Grealish maybe but not a huge number of options for defence or central midfield
Italy v England on 22:21 - Mar 23 with 1754 viewsLanhoop

Italy v England on 22:12 - Mar 23 by daveB

What change do you make though in the first 10 minutes of the half after playing so well first half?

Foden for Grealish maybe but not a huge number of options for defence or central midfield

Well Phillips didn't play well at any point. In fact if he'd been sent off it would have been a net-positive.
Italy v England on 22:26 - Mar 23 with 1724 viewsconnell10

Is it me or does Grealish flatters to devices?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Italy v England on 22:29 - Mar 23 with 1707 viewskensalriser

Italy v England on 21:58 - Mar 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

2-1 away victory with ten men to European Champions? Southgate out.

Quite right. Should have been 0-3 and finishing with 11. We'll never win the trophy by beating the holders away.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Italy v England on 22:37 - Mar 23 with 1670 viewsnumptydumpty

Considering everyone is so anti Southgate, his England record is exceptional.

Was England's 50 th game won under his command.

That's a dream for most.

Perhaps it's because he wasn't the greatest football player; perhaps it's because he is no oil painting; perhaps it's because he is a tad boring !!!

Again that's a big big win tonight and England dominated the first half !!!

Sure that guarantees qualification for the Euros, ie won the most challenging game first up.

Apparently the last England manager to reach half a century of wins ; well was Sir Alf Ramsey !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Italy v England on 23:05 - Mar 23 with 1600 viewsFredManRave

Italy v England on 22:37 - Mar 23 by numptydumpty

Considering everyone is so anti Southgate, his England record is exceptional.

Was England's 50 th game won under his command.

That's a dream for most.

Perhaps it's because he wasn't the greatest football player; perhaps it's because he is no oil painting; perhaps it's because he is a tad boring !!!

Again that's a big big win tonight and England dominated the first half !!!

Sure that guarantees qualification for the Euros, ie won the most challenging game first up.

Apparently the last England manager to reach half a century of wins ; well was Sir Alf Ramsey !!!

50th game won = that's a dream for most?!

1 Euro/World Cup Final win is a dream for ALL.

And having had, not 1, but 2, great opportunities to do that, his tactical deficencies and defensive first, attack second, approach and as such poor game management has meant that we're still waiting for that fcúking football of ours to come home.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 23:06]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Italy v England on 23:08 - Mar 23 with 1589 viewsJigsore

that was an absolutely bizarre refereeing performance. I've seen many many bad performances but none quite so bizarre.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Italy v England on 23:38 - Mar 23 with 1517 viewsLblock

Italy v England on 23:05 - Mar 23 by FredManRave

And having had, not 1, but 2, great opportunities to do that, his tactical deficencies and defensive first, attack second, approach and as such poor game management has meant that we're still waiting for that fcúking football of ours to come home.

This

Fantastic record and done well

But unforgivable opportunity’s missed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Italy v England on 23:40 - Mar 23 with 1518 viewsdaveB

Italy v England on 22:21 - Mar 23 by Lanhoop

Well Phillips didn't play well at any point. In fact if he'd been sent off it would have been a net-positive.

I thought he had a good game overall especially defensively
Italy v England on 23:50 - Mar 23 with 1488 viewshubble

I really enjoyed that game. I love watching Bellingham, what a player. And Saka too. I thought Rice was superb, he's much better with better players around him. And Harry Kane scoring that penalty to become the all-time leading England goalscorer... well, come on, if that isn't a feckin moment, I don't know what is! Awesome from Kane, whether you like him or not.

I've been a severe critic of Southgate, but hats off to him, his team just beat Italy in Rome for the first time since that vintage year, 1961. And cattenaccio (kind of) in their own back yard. Brilliant.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Italy v England on 00:06 - Mar 24 with 1468 viewsdaveB

Italy v England on 23:50 - Mar 23 by hubble

I really enjoyed that game. I love watching Bellingham, what a player. And Saka too. I thought Rice was superb, he's much better with better players around him. And Harry Kane scoring that penalty to become the all-time leading England goalscorer... well, come on, if that isn't a feckin moment, I don't know what is! Awesome from Kane, whether you like him or not.

I've been a severe critic of Southgate, but hats off to him, his team just beat Italy in Rome for the first time since that vintage year, 1961. And cattenaccio (kind of) in their own back yard. Brilliant.

also first time Italy have lost a home Euro qualifier in 40 years unless I heard that wrong in the coverage tonight
Italy v England on 03:00 - Mar 24 with 1402 viewsCiderwithRsie

Italy v England on 23:05 - Mar 23 by FredManRave

There's a really obvious reason why England haven't won a World Cup or European Cup since 1966.

We haven't had the best players. Not by an absolute mile.

Southgate has done well to get us to a final and a semi but in both tournaments we were nowhere near favourites. The 2018 WC in particular was an over-performance, we were probably about QF standard.

No manager had got us anywhere near winning anything since Venables; before that you have Robson and Ramsey and that's absolutely it, over a century. Of those, only Ramsey actually lifted a trophy.

Show me a better English manager right now and I'll snatch your hand off. Show me a better foreign manager: well, maybe, but let's see if he's willing to do it when all you guys who are on Southgate's case are slagging him off as soon as he loses. Or in this case, when he's winning away from home against a top football country.
Italy v England on 05:58 - Mar 24 with 1296 viewspaulparker

Typical Southgate football
Look good for around 30 minutes and then sit back and try and defend , our second half performance was shocking especially Maguire who is an accident waiting to happen
Italy are terrible, that should have been 5-0 , I’d fancy QPR to beat Italy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Italy v England on 06:20 - Mar 24 with 1276 viewsClive_Anderson

I don't like Southgate much and don't like his selections, but England play the same against the top teams every time since I've been watching them. Come out the blocks all guns blazing, take the lead and look great, but as the game goes on the other team gradually takes control and usually ends up winning.

Here we actually got the second goal when on top so were just about able to scrape over the line, probably because Italy aren't particularly good at the moment, but it could have quite easily ended 2-2.

Edit: Also getting a penalty for that "handball" was very lucky
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 6:56]
Italy v England on 07:00 - Mar 24 with 1245 viewsplasmahoop

Some of the negative reaction on here is unbelievable. International football is always a bit negative. And if they had a lead, looked for more goals and conceded, he'd get pelters for that too.
Italy v England on 07:35 - Mar 24 with 1196 viewsstevec

53 teams of which at least 17 haven’t got a cat in hells chance of qualifying, so they’ll be 23 further qualifiers from essentially 36 which basically means 2/3rds of what you might refer to as professional teams will qualify.

Wake me up when we get there.
Italy v England on 07:35 - Mar 24 with 1202 viewsdaveB

Italy v England on 05:58 - Mar 24 by paulparker

Typical Southgate football
Look good for around 30 minutes and then sit back and try and defend , our second half performance was shocking especially Maguire who is an accident waiting to happen
Italy are terrible, that should have been 5-0 , I’d fancy QPR to beat Italy

Come on mate QPR are not beating Italy Under 12's let alone the national team.

As ever with England when they win it's always because the other team are rubbish and when they lose its because they are rubbish

Italy are European Champions playing at home, beating them is a fantastic result
Italy v England on 07:37 - Mar 24 with 1188 viewsJuzzie

That game reminded me a lot of the Euro final.
All England first half then Italy regrouped and came back stronger in the second.

The main difference being this time we got the two goal half time lead we desperately needed at the final. Would have been three and game over if Grealish hadn’t missed an absolute sitter.

First England win in Italy since 1961
First Italy home Euro qualifier defeat in 40 odd game
Kane breaks the England goal scoring record

Not a bad night’s work.
Italy v England on 07:45 - Mar 24 with 1174 viewsSK_hoops

Yes, they are European holders, but they also didn't qualify for the world cup. So I'm not sure they're quite the team people are making them out to be.
Italy v England on 07:48 - Mar 24 with 1164 viewsdistortR

Italy v England on 07:45 - Mar 24 by SK_hoops

Yes, they are European holders, but they also didn't qualify for the world cup. So I'm not sure they're quite the team people are making them out to be.

They brought Scamacca on. They are not overly blessed with talent!
Italy v England on 09:44 - Mar 24 with 1021 viewsToast_R

There's a photo doing the rounds of some geezer holding an England flag on a Naples train with Diego's in a box written on it. Honestly, some people are just thick. He's also apparently had his match ticket cancelled and a bounty put on his head.
Italy v England on 10:01 - Mar 24 with 974 viewspaulparker

Italy v England on 07:35 - Mar 24 by daveB

Come on mate QPR are not beating Italy Under 12's let alone the national team.

As ever with England when they win it's always because the other team are rubbish and when they lose its because they are rubbish

Italy are European Champions playing at home, beating them is a fantastic result

Dave , can you name a worse Italian team in history than the current team they have now ?

As LBlock has said you can’t knock Southgates record but he has got it wrong when it counts in the last 3 tournaments, this England squad/team is probably top 3 in the world at the moment
Southgate is a nearly man and his treatment of Foden is shocking, he would struggle to get a top ten premier league gig

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Italy v England on 10:08 - Mar 24 with 966 viewsterryb

Italy v England on 10:01 - Mar 24 by paulparker

Dave , can you name a worse Italian team in history than the current team they have now ?

As LBlock has said you can’t knock Southgates record but he has got it wrong when it counts in the last 3 tournaments, this England squad/team is probably top 3 in the world at the moment
Southgate is a nearly man and his treatment of Foden is shocking, he would struggle to get a top ten premier league gig

1966 World Cup.

Italy 1 North Korea 2

The USSR beat North Korea in the next game with 11 reserves playing.
Italy v England on 10:33 - Mar 24 with 913 viewsstowmarketrange

Italy v England on 23:50 - Mar 23 by hubble

Unfortunately Rice is too good a player to be playing in a struggling West Ham team.Expect the blue filth to put in a £150 million bid during the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024