Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? 03:49 - Aug 6 with 32845 viewsSydneyRs

We all know things look very grim right now and many want him gone, but is there actually anyone available that would firstly even entertain this job and secondly be any better than GA given the obvious constraints?

I genuinely feel for the guy and believe he's giving it everything he has. But the constant forced positivity interviews that are getting very repetitive are wearing thin. He's inherited a mess for sure but it still feels like a lot of the players aren't having him or possibly just aren't having the club any more.

Its tough. He clearly had players at Wycombe who bought in and was able to build a culture there, but as we know there's a few here with questionable levels of commitment to say the least. How on earth can he turn it around and if not him who else could do better with no money available?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:07 - Aug 6 with 3199 viewsnadera78

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:02 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

That's what we lose every season unless we sell Eze though. One sale last summer, when we should have sacrificed one player, and we'd be in a much better place now with some wriggle room.

The obvious question then is: why didn't we sell a player that summer? Because we were going for promotion. The club - and Warburton wasn't alone but he was at the heart of it - decided to go for broke. It failed and now we're screwed. I couldn't possibly trust Warburton or any of the other people involved in making that decision again.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 17:21 - Aug 6 with 3096 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 16:07 - Aug 6 by nadera78

The obvious question then is: why didn't we sell a player that summer? Because we were going for promotion. The club - and Warburton wasn't alone but he was at the heart of it - decided to go for broke. It failed and now we're screwed. I couldn't possibly trust Warburton or any of the other people involved in making that decision again.

Sadly, you're not really privvy to what may or may not have happened.
Hoos, Ferdinand and Warburton may have got together and said 'we have a real chance here, let's not sell this season, but if we don't go up, we'll sell one next year'. That's not 'going for broke' - it may have been ultimately wrong (as Ben Stokes says, hindsight never loses), but it could easily have been rectified by a sale or two last summer. But they were so keen to land Beale that they agreed to his 'no sales' demand. The plan could have changed.
As usual, things are never as black and white as so many fans seem to think.

Bare bones.

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 17:47 - Aug 6 with 3013 viewsrbee

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 10:02 - Aug 6 by nadera78

The Mark Warburton who lost £25million in 2021/22 chasing promotion and caused us to be in the dire FFP situation we are now? That Mark Warburton?

The decision to spend heavily may have been instigated by Mark Warburton in that he gave the Director of Football a list of players he felt he needed but that spending would have to have been approved by The Board.

We were playing well at the time so it's a decision I am happy with. The subsequent collapse was a surprise to everyone. The decision to fund Beale in his first managerial role I would question.

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? Several I would suggest but's let's see what Gareth does at Cardiff. Hopefully the penny has dropped after both Oxford and Watford.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 18:08]
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 2951 viewsJamesB1979

I’m not sure the accounts say that to be honest. Our staff have increased from around 150 in 2020 to around 200 in last accounts. I doubt that was down to Warburton. Our loss over the last 3 years is roughly similar if you exclude Eze sale. We just didn’t sell anyone. Again, I don’t think that is Warburton fault. What I have never understood is why we didn’t sell anyone last summer to balance the books a bit.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 2844 viewskropotkin41

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:53 - Aug 6 by Northernr

I don't disagree mate, feels from your posts today that you and I feel exactly the same today.

But hold on, could we actually afford to pay GA off?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:14 - Aug 6 with 2751 viewsThe_Beast1976

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 18:42 - Aug 6 by kropotkin41

But hold on, could we actually afford to pay GA off?

If what we're continually told about our financial situation is true, then probably not 🤦‍♂️
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 2672 viewsEssex_Ranger

Gary O’Neil?

Knows the club, worked wonders at Bournemouth last year after being told he couldn’t bring anyone in and got the best out of a bunch of players told they weren’t good enough for that level by Parker.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 20:56 - Aug 6 with 2526 viewsJuzzie

Did anyone come in for any of our players last summer? (I can’t remember)
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 21:10 - Aug 6 with 2466 viewsMonkey_Roots

Honestly, we need someone to take hold of this club before we do anything else.

An experienced football man who knows how a club should be run, to come up with a plan, and implement it, and be disciplined and consistent with its execution.

Let them judge GA and his staff, tactics, and vision, and if it’s not up to snuff, then pull the plug.

Not a former QPR man who has likely had a working relationship with some of the incumbent staff, who’s just going to come in and glad hand his way round everyone. A new face who will be able to hopefully identify what’s going wrong at our club. They’ll not be cheap, as they will have the pedigree that commands a decent salary, with a CV to reinforce it. It also won’t be a quick fix, because they’re not able to stick an Elastoplast over a gaping wound. Stop throwing managers at the problem, like Christians at the coliseum - none of them have the answer, because that’s obviously not where the problem lies, they’re just a side-effect, a symptom of the latest variant of the QPR disease.

I like GA, and I really hoped he would be the one to bring about change, and maybe given time he would, but some of the nonsense he comes out with is a bit concerning. I think he’s not the answer, but until we get a handle on the club, we can no longer let the owners make decisions on what this club needs to progress - the best managers (in business) recognise that they don’t know all the answers, and the bring in people who have the skills and expertise who do.

I don’t honestly know how this gets solved without us losing a load of money or our Championship status, but I do believe that we need to prioritise the long term future, over the short term desire to survive in this league.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 2347 viewsThe_Beast1976

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 21:10 - Aug 6 by Monkey_Roots

Honestly, we need someone to take hold of this club before we do anything else.

An experienced football man who knows how a club should be run, to come up with a plan, and implement it, and be disciplined and consistent with its execution.

Let them judge GA and his staff, tactics, and vision, and if it’s not up to snuff, then pull the plug.

Not a former QPR man who has likely had a working relationship with some of the incumbent staff, who’s just going to come in and glad hand his way round everyone. A new face who will be able to hopefully identify what’s going wrong at our club. They’ll not be cheap, as they will have the pedigree that commands a decent salary, with a CV to reinforce it. It also won’t be a quick fix, because they’re not able to stick an Elastoplast over a gaping wound. Stop throwing managers at the problem, like Christians at the coliseum - none of them have the answer, because that’s obviously not where the problem lies, they’re just a side-effect, a symptom of the latest variant of the QPR disease.

I like GA, and I really hoped he would be the one to bring about change, and maybe given time he would, but some of the nonsense he comes out with is a bit concerning. I think he’s not the answer, but until we get a handle on the club, we can no longer let the owners make decisions on what this club needs to progress - the best managers (in business) recognise that they don’t know all the answers, and the bring in people who have the skills and expertise who do.

I don’t honestly know how this gets solved without us losing a load of money or our Championship status, but I do believe that we need to prioritise the long term future, over the short term desire to survive in this league.

I agree with a lot of this.

However, with regards your statement ".....the best managers (in business) recognise that they don’t know all the answers, and the bring in people who have the skills and expertise who do". Haven't the owners already done this? First Hughes, then Redknapp, then Ferdinand and Hoos. Look how that went. So what now?
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 22:04 - Aug 6 with 2343 viewsMonkey_Roots

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 21:56 - Aug 6 by The_Beast1976

I agree with a lot of this.

However, with regards your statement ".....the best managers (in business) recognise that they don’t know all the answers, and the bring in people who have the skills and expertise who do". Haven't the owners already done this? First Hughes, then Redknapp, then Ferdinand and Hoos. Look how that went. So what now?

Yeah, you’re absolutely right.

Perversely, we’re relying on them to find this saviour, and their previous efforts don’t inspire confidence.

There may be a strand of hope though. I believe that they have outsourced the identifying of such an individual to an outside agency, which may just be the smartest thing they’ve ever done.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 22:46 - Aug 6 with 2251 viewsDejR_vu

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if/when Cardiff tonk us. It’s one thing getting a hiding from Watford, very different being whipped by a club that only just avoided relegation themselves last season.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 23:04 - Aug 6 with 2211 viewsdaveB

because Beale said he wouldn't take the job if we sold one of Willock, Dieng, Chair etc and told the club he'd get them in the playoffs, so we did what he said as he seemed to have a spell over all of us.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 23:06 - Aug 6 with 2206 viewsdaveB

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 22:46 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

It’ll be interesting to see what happens if/when Cardiff tonk us. It’s one thing getting a hiding from Watford, very different being whipped by a club that only just avoided relegation themselves last season.

I'll give you the spoiler now, nothing will happen, they'll just talk about signing more players, judge us after the window etc. Nothing is changing until we get to October/November and the board realise it's not working
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 23:23 - Aug 6 with 2167 viewsdaveB

I get the money situation and we're not exactly going to attract the best manager in the world but other shit shows like Birmingham and Reading manage to get plenty of interest in the job every time. We're one game in, it's far from a lost cause. Ideally I'd get Warburton back but there are other managers around, Chris Wilder's stock is low enough for us to be in with a chance now, he was close to going to Reading in the summer
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 08:25 - Aug 7 with 1903 viewsBAWHoops

We are sort of in our Man U Solskjaer era. The whole thing is management by vibes.
A decent QPR fan would be desperate for this to work. We have a Rangers hero in the dugout flanked by a QPR fan. It may be that the job is just beyond him, who knows.
He’s working with one arm tied behind his back though as these players have been absolutely atrocious for 18 months now. We can’t reset anything as there’s still so many infected players in the building.

Warburton did well because he jettisoned the entire team that McLaren built and had exciting youngsters in Eze, Bright and Manning who he could build around.
Ains has no such luxury.

If Ains goes then I can only see it being Darren Moore or Paul Furlong given the job until end of the season.
The whole club has been run so so badly it’s a disgrace. 3 years ago we sold a player for £20m and now have no money. It’s a complete dereliction of duty from all at board level.
The money wasted since Eze is preposterous. Chucked at players like Dozell, Balogan etc.

By far the most upsetting thing is the fact that our stint as a ‘development’ club has been a sham. If Joe Gubbins was the best the youth team could muster then heaven help us all. Lest we forget Masterson was in the building, being developed and doing Ok before Warbs and then Beale decided that Sanderson and Balogan were better options. Stuff like that is why we are in a mess and changing Ainsworth for someone else will do fck all.

Until the club is sold it will continue to slowly sink and blow money as it has done since 2011

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:05 - Aug 7 with 1735 viewsDiscodroids

i've been beaten to the punch with Chris Wilder, I wanted to stick up his name yesterday but had the great misfortune to be taken inebriated around 5pm and forgot to post.

I know we're about as an attractive a proposition to a new manager as squatting on Lord Summerisle's phallic rocking chair at one of Ronnie Krays scatology partys for disavantaged young boys, but i'm sure we could tempt him to give up his £112 weekly JSA and His tuesday lunchtime visits to the library to Read Fred Dibnah books. Moreover, we can save him all those £1 coins he chucks in the strippers pint pot at his local northern slum pub to watch them pick up black pudding tapas off the bar with their spiced ham flaps.

He lives up north for Gawds sake, he'd sell his grannys colostomy bag to move down to the smoke and take over the greatest club the world has ever seen.

If it's Ramsey or Hall taking over, i'm raising me signed Wilf Slack stuart surridge cricket bat to the four corners of loftus road and fuc king off into the firmament. Done with it all.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 13:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:41 - Aug 7 with 1635 viewsw7r

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 13:34 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

I think watching Villa fall apart under Critchley following Beale should have been a red flag. Sliding doors moment if Beale had taken Wolves it would have been Rob Edwards and who knows where we would be.

Ainsowrth saying he wants to change everything should also have been a huge red flag but it was a PR stunt at best Amit thinking he was making a Warnock style appointment.

Going back to Warburton IMHO is also a mistake, never go back, it never works.

We need to rewind the clock to February put the bath back and refill the bathwater and make an appointment of a coach that can coach to what little strengths we have, that can organise that has pattern of play both defensively and attacking, that can adapt in game. Don't care if English or foreign or if they have never heard of QPR before. I cannot see anything but relegation and rock bottom as things stand.

Another roll of the dice cannot make it worse

If Amit really believes there is/was any comparison to be drawn between serial promotion winning Neil Warnock and GA then he’s completely deluded.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 14:52 - Aug 7 with 1478 viewsTheChef

If anyone hasn't noticed a pattern since the last days of Warburton - we change managers, and nothing changes. Which suggests the manager is not the problem.

Watford clearly was terrible but Ainsworth needs time, a bit more recruitment and also to get lucky with injuries. Hate to keep saying it but let's see where we are after ten games shall we?

Otherwise fine press the reset button and get yet another manager in. But my expectation will still be that very little will change.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:01 - Aug 7 with 1431 viewsBklynRanger

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 23:23 - Aug 6 by daveB

I get the money situation and we're not exactly going to attract the best manager in the world but other shit shows like Birmingham and Reading manage to get plenty of interest in the job every time. We're one game in, it's far from a lost cause. Ideally I'd get Warburton back but there are other managers around, Chris Wilder's stock is low enough for us to be in with a chance now, he was close to going to Reading in the summer

The problem I have with this is whoever comes in is going to be dealing with all or most of the same players. We all know Warburton got a tune out of them for a while, than failed, same for Mole-Face, Critchley got no tune out of them, and Ainsworth hasn't either.

Ainsworth and Dobson served up a first half on Saturday (tactically, starting 11, all of it) that rightly threatened to get them the sack. It was beyond naive and they still waited to half time to change it.

But we've gone over the idea with other managers that it will cost us yet more money we don't have to change it, and may not make any appreciable difference. So I just don't see the point of pulling the trigger, this month at least.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:05 - Aug 7 with 1415 viewsLoftgirl

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:01 - Aug 7 by BklynRanger

The problem I have with this is whoever comes in is going to be dealing with all or most of the same players. We all know Warburton got a tune out of them for a while, than failed, same for Mole-Face, Critchley got no tune out of them, and Ainsworth hasn't either.

Ainsworth and Dobson served up a first half on Saturday (tactically, starting 11, all of it) that rightly threatened to get them the sack. It was beyond naive and they still waited to half time to change it.

But we've gone over the idea with other managers that it will cost us yet more money we don't have to change it, and may not make any appreciable difference. So I just don't see the point of pulling the trigger, this month at least.

I thought Dobbo was supposed to be a great coach.
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:10 - Aug 7 with 1389 viewsBklynRanger

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:05 - Aug 7 by Loftgirl

Me too!
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:17 - Aug 7 with 1373 viewsNorthernr

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:05 - Aug 7 by Loftgirl

Well he's certainly meant to be very good on the sports psychology, mentality, culture building stuff. Whether he's a good football coach...
Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:38 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsconnell10

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 09:00 - Aug 6 by gazza1

There is no doubt that Warbs is a far better Manager than GA. Warbs blew his chances here and he had to go - 100%. Big shame but you cannot behave like he did. No point is going on about Warbs.

What is becoming very clear is that GA is finding it tough and maybe not talented enough to manage a Championship side.

Didn't The Bread man bring in Johansen and Charlie on mega wages nd kinda fuc ked up our budget and we didn't even make the play offs ....so just for that it's a no from me.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:41]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 15:38 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsQPRConor2000

Is there a realistic alternative to Ainsworth? on 19:59 - Aug 6 by Essex_Ranger

Gary O’Neil?

Knows the club, worked wonders at Bournemouth last year after being told he couldn’t bring anyone in and got the best out of a bunch of players told they weren’t good enough for that level by Parker.

That would be my choice to replace Ainsworth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024