Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the fanbase we have become? 09:36 - Aug 6 with 10373 viewsNed_Kennedys

Disappointed by the mass bed wetting on here this weekend:a number calling for Ainsworth to go after the bloody first match of the season FFS. We are surely better than that.

Loads of negatives about the team and formation yesterday and the post match interview wasn’t great but do any of you think the squad we currently have available is what Ainsworth wants and isn’t the major factor for yesterday? The four experienced centre backs he had at the end of last season have gone or are injured. Laird not replaced. Midfield so weak that Dozzell is in the team.

Judge the guy after 5/6 games when we should have our better players fit and a few new players in the squad inc loans. McClaren had a disastrous start to his season but he was given a chance: surely Ainsworth deserves this? A lot of the current problems are down to those above him at QPR and those problems will remain whoever is the manager….
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 09:42 - Aug 6 with 6273 viewsRangersw12

Did you see the game yesterday?
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 6218 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

After sitting through 90 minutes of that, plus a couple of pre season games then I feel I can vent.

He had all those players for the last third of last season and we scrapped home under Ainsworth so not sure I see your point. He picked those players yesterday and the brain dead formation, it is firmly on him.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 09:57 - Aug 6 with 6146 viewspaulparker

We are on a par with the the squad of 2000/01 where Holloway had to get a team of free transfers and trialists , Ainsworth has been dealt the worst hand of any manager at QPR including Olly
The club is in a huge mess and is run like a non league outfit and has been for years
12 years of the tune group and 8 years of Les & Ramsey has resulted in gubbins at centre half and Dozzell in midfield it’s going to get worse before it gets better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:08 - Aug 6 with 6100 viewsessextaxiboy

I agree with the basic sentiment of the OP , been saying all summer we need to see 10 games with transfers decided and how other teams start , no team has ever been relegated before 10 games have been played .

However Ainsworth is not beyond criticism , he got a few things wrong IMO yesterday , selecting Kelman and not Armstrong and less obvious Dozzell and not DM who I have always liked for his attitude and all out effort . Smyth was not fully fit IMO .
His tactics of not pressing them until halfway for example , they made runs across the pitch which when tracked left a hole in behind . The late substitution were a joke and if he was trying to prove a point to someone it backfired IMO.

On a positive apart from Dozzell who is just a spectator I didnt see anyone who looked like they were not bothered

I understand its gallows humour but to hear some of the so called supporters yesterday was soul destroying . Most of the worst ones left at HT .

A 4-0 away defeat to a team still suckling off Prem money is not a disaster. IMO
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 6091 viewsPaddyhoops

Can see your point but when your standing in a packed away end and whatever deluded fantasy we had about getting off to a decent start are punctured after 35 seconds, it’s pretty hard not to go in to bed wetting mode.
After a half an hour the atmosphere was positively poisonous.
Ainsworth, bless him was getting dogs abuse. He still deserves a few more games . Let’s get a few back and one or two and see where we are.
Not hopeful though.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:12 - Aug 6 with 6054 viewsRangersw12

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:08 - Aug 6 by essextaxiboy

I agree with the basic sentiment of the OP , been saying all summer we need to see 10 games with transfers decided and how other teams start , no team has ever been relegated before 10 games have been played .

However Ainsworth is not beyond criticism , he got a few things wrong IMO yesterday , selecting Kelman and not Armstrong and less obvious Dozzell and not DM who I have always liked for his attitude and all out effort . Smyth was not fully fit IMO .
His tactics of not pressing them until halfway for example , they made runs across the pitch which when tracked left a hole in behind . The late substitution were a joke and if he was trying to prove a point to someone it backfired IMO.

On a positive apart from Dozzell who is just a spectator I didnt see anyone who looked like they were not bothered

I understand its gallows humour but to hear some of the so called supporters yesterday was soul destroying . Most of the worst ones left at HT .

A 4-0 away defeat to a team still suckling off Prem money is not a disaster. IMO

Where's our standards gone ? That was a complete disaster and has set the tone for the season .

Also we did the double over this team suckling off prem money last season
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 10:31]
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:16 - Aug 6 with 6027 viewsDejR_vu

Personally, I think the apathy of a large part of the fanbase is a big part of the problem.

Is a supporter someone who dutifully goes along to every game, clapping furiously at whatever slop is served up, or one who, at some point says, enough is enough, I’m not going to sit here every week watching the club being destroyed.

If the fanbase wasn’t so subservient, perhaps these owners would have been long gone, at a time when we were attractive enough to have attracted decent owners.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 10:17]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:23 - Aug 6 with 5981 viewswelwynranger

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:12 - Aug 6 by Rangersw12

Where's our standards gone ? That was a complete disaster and has set the tone for the season .

You beat me to it .
The last sentence of your post wS exactly what I was thinking
Login to get fewer ads

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:30 - Aug 6 with 5928 viewsmart_Goblin

Understand the sentiment of the original post and after ‘1 game’ i would never ever contemplated such knee jerk nonsense.

But it’s not ‘1 game’ is it ?

No pattern of play,no plan A never mind a plan B, no set up , no passion, no protection , no attacking intent, no leadership from the sideline and on and on and on …not just yesterday but since he’s been here .

My frustration has turned to the owners, the Ex DOF , the coaching staff who are all very very comfy and been here for years and yes….the players ….all of them culpable for this mess.

But we need experience or someone at least who has plans put in place to play games of football where we are competitive and a threat at least or can think on the hoof and have any sort of game management.
At least get our 2 best players playing together again ????

I genuinely think GA is great as a bloke and what he achieved at WW was brilliant..but the 3 years he needs to start moving forwards is going to see us into oblivion .
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 12:55]
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:57 - Aug 6 with 5806 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:30 - Aug 6 by mart_Goblin

Understand the sentiment of the original post and after ‘1 game’ i would never ever contemplated such knee jerk nonsense.

But it’s not ‘1 game’ is it ?

No pattern of play,no plan A never mind a plan B, no set up , no passion, no protection , no attacking intent, no leadership from the sideline and on and on and on …not just yesterday but since he’s been here .

My frustration has turned to the owners, the Ex DOF , the coaching staff who are all very very comfy and been here for years and yes….the players ….all of them culpable for this mess.

But we need experience or someone at least who has plans put in place to play games of football where we are competitive and a threat at least or can think on the hoof and have any sort of game management.
At least get our 2 best players playing together again ????

I genuinely think GA is great as a bloke and what he achieved at WW was brilliant..but the 3 years he needs to start moving forwards is going to see us into oblivion .
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 12:55]

All DUFF, and precious little DOF.

None of this is really a surprise, it's been coming for a good few years now, and not only did we do feck all to abate the slide, we've merely exacerbated the plight.

The cast of culpable characters in need of a good slap for ruining QPR, dwarfs the cast of Zulu by some margin. But i get first dibs on that fat-f..k, useless caaant Fernandes.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:16 - Aug 6 with 5701 viewsPunteR

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:57 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

All DUFF, and precious little DOF.

None of this is really a surprise, it's been coming for a good few years now, and not only did we do feck all to abate the slide, we've merely exacerbated the plight.

The cast of culpable characters in need of a good slap for ruining QPR, dwarfs the cast of Zulu by some margin. But i get first dibs on that fat-f..k, useless caaant Fernandes.

Yeh plenty of posters on here used to defend that guy. Where is he now?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:19 - Aug 6 with 5673 viewsNov77

I'm in the 'our fans have been too accepting of failure for too long' camp.

when I think of the dogs abuse previous owners have got for FAR less than these owners have done to our club

if you're incompetent and slowly killing the club, how convenient to have a fan base as supine as ours. they must think we'll put up with anything. As Jim Royle might say, " 'itch that needs scratching' my ARSE!"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:21 - Aug 6 with 5657 viewsGloucs_R

Some of The fan base we have accept these owners. Enough said.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:43 - Aug 6 with 5548 viewsBurnleyhoop

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 10:12 - Aug 6 by Rangersw12

In fairness, that was a far better Watford team than we played last season. They played with pace, power and purpose and have clearly been well drilled. They have picked up £50 million in player sales this summer and are therefore competing at a completely different level and it showed.

However, Ainsworth made some huge tactical errors yesterday, and by continuing to play Dozzell in a two man midfield, he could destroy his career at qpr before it has even begun.

The most obvious and glaring error was the lack of protection for the weakest back four I have seen in many years and setting up in a 442 with Chair and Smyth, both of whom were never likely to provide much cover. Why hasn’t DM been given an opportunity? he showed more tenacity and work rate in one half than Dozzell ever has. The absence of a fit looking Willock is also bemusing, so whatever is going on with him and Ainsworth needs resolving one way or the other. Either leave him out of the squad or play him.

There is no escaping just how bad that first half was, but it will get better when we get a few back.
Colback in midfield with Field and DM would be a start, with Chair and Willock playing behind Dykes.

Not the time to ditch Ainsworth yet, but by Christ, he made a rod for his own back yesterday.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:02 - Aug 6 with 5446 viewsjohnhoop

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:43 - Aug 6 by Burnleyhoop

In fairness, that was a far better Watford team than we played last season. They played with pace, power and purpose and have clearly been well drilled. They have picked up £50 million in player sales this summer and are therefore competing at a completely different level and it showed.

However, Ainsworth made some huge tactical errors yesterday, and by continuing to play Dozzell in a two man midfield, he could destroy his career at qpr before it has even begun.

The most obvious and glaring error was the lack of protection for the weakest back four I have seen in many years and setting up in a 442 with Chair and Smyth, both of whom were never likely to provide much cover. Why hasn’t DM been given an opportunity? he showed more tenacity and work rate in one half than Dozzell ever has. The absence of a fit looking Willock is also bemusing, so whatever is going on with him and Ainsworth needs resolving one way or the other. Either leave him out of the squad or play him.

There is no escaping just how bad that first half was, but it will get better when we get a few back.
Colback in midfield with Field and DM would be a start, with Chair and Willock playing behind Dykes.

Not the time to ditch Ainsworth yet, but by Christ, he made a rod for his own back yesterday.

Completely agree with your midfield three, which I believe Hunterhoop and Steve C have also suggested. If we had a barrier of hard tackling players in the middle of the park then it at least gives us a chance of not being completely overrun and shields the dodgy back four.
Something like:
Begovic
Kakay. Dunne. Fox. Paal
SDM. Colback. Field
Chair
Dykes. Armstrong.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:13 - Aug 6 with 5391 viewsWatford_Ranger

If we’d deservedly lost 8-0 I fear some people would still buy this line of thinking.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:14 - Aug 6 with 5389 viewsconnell10

This is the fan base our club owners have created, I'm bloody cheesed off with the way the club is run and I've had enough.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:16 - Aug 6 with 5363 viewsDamo1962

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 11:43 - Aug 6 by Burnleyhoop

Agree that the gulf between the haves and have nots is getting wider. Watford may not win the Championship...but they will be in contention. I do agree with GA on this. The thing that sticks in mine and others craws, is the club's who have no more resources than we do(Millwall is the most obvious example) - yet are competitive and fear no one. A couple more shellackngs like yesterday, will mean he is gone before everyone he wants is available. No one held a gun to his head when he took the job...so I'm with Ted on this.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:20 - Aug 6 with 5358 viewsdmm

For me, and I suspect many others, it was not so much a 4-0 defeat - although no one wants that - but the manner in which we were beaten. I thought I'd see real spirit and fight but, with the exception of SDM and Armstrong when they came on, I witnessed an utterly pathetic and unacceptable performance.

After a full pre-season, Ainsworth has clearly failed to coach and motivate the squad into a side that has a chance to stay up. A few more players coing in won't change that. He's losing everyone's support and I cannot see him pulling it back.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:24 - Aug 6 with 5338 viewsnadera78

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:16 - Aug 6 by Damo1962

Agree that the gulf between the haves and have nots is getting wider. Watford may not win the Championship...but they will be in contention. I do agree with GA on this. The thing that sticks in mine and others craws, is the club's who have no more resources than we do(Millwall is the most obvious example) - yet are competitive and fear no one. A couple more shellackngs like yesterday, will mean he is gone before everyone he wants is available. No one held a gun to his head when he took the job...so I'm with Ted on this.

Given the money we spent in 2021/22, and the impact that's had on FFP, I'd be willing to bet Millwall have a bigger budget than us this season.
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:28 - Aug 6 with 5320 viewsGaryBannister86

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:24 - Aug 6 by nadera78

Given the money we spent in 2021/22, and the impact that's had on FFP, I'd be willing to bet Millwall have a bigger budget than us this season.

I thought the whole point of Ainsworth, as he himself kept promising us, is that he would delve into his lower league knowledge, get us some bargains. Plus we could at least depend on him shoring up the defence and finding 11 players wanting to play for the shirt.

Not sure he has achieved any of these things, budget or no budget.

In fact, we've got worse?
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:33 - Aug 6 with 5276 viewsDamo1962

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:24 - Aug 6 by nadera78

Possibly. I don't really follow the ins and outs at other clubs, but I do notice that Millwall in recent years...always outperform us. Won again yesterday as well. Money has totally ruined football for me, and I mean for all the club's who don't have the deep pockets some have. Used to be a sport back in the day 🤔🙂
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:51 - Aug 6 with 5211 viewsbaz_qpr

I have never called for a manager to go first game of the season, I've always believed in giving the manager time. But...

I've never witnessed in my near 50 years supporting the club, such a shambolic pre-season and set up for the first game of the season. The approach of 22 players need to adapt to my old skool way of thinking and playing (rather than the coach adapting to get the best out of his players) He was supposed to be the great motivator Mr Positivity but its all "I will keep us up" "We can be competitive" . I've never seen anything like it. Where are all these lower league Gems, he wants control of recruitment and he has brought in the square root of f-all bar some big "names" 33 and 36 years old who he talks about like he is a Sunday league manager who has a got an ex-pro to come down and play for him.He's lost the dressing room (if he ever had it), He's lost the supporters.

What on earth is there to wait for, I'm really sorry he's made such huge mistakes that look unrecoverable from. He says dont blame the players blame me, well I am and its miles of not being good enough
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 13:01 - Aug 6 with 5154 viewsmart_Goblin

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:51 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

I have never called for a manager to go first game of the season, I've always believed in giving the manager time. But...

I've never witnessed in my near 50 years supporting the club, such a shambolic pre-season and set up for the first game of the season. The approach of 22 players need to adapt to my old skool way of thinking and playing (rather than the coach adapting to get the best out of his players) He was supposed to be the great motivator Mr Positivity but its all "I will keep us up" "We can be competitive" . I've never seen anything like it. Where are all these lower league Gems, he wants control of recruitment and he has brought in the square root of f-all bar some big "names" 33 and 36 years old who he talks about like he is a Sunday league manager who has a got an ex-pro to come down and play for him.He's lost the dressing room (if he ever had it), He's lost the supporters.

What on earth is there to wait for, I'm really sorry he's made such huge mistakes that look unrecoverable from. He says dont blame the players blame me, well I am and its miles of not being good enough

As much as it pains me and I don’t want to agree …I do. Every word
Is this the fanbase we have become? on 13:21 - Aug 6 with 5050 viewsNorthernr

Is this the fanbase we have become? on 12:51 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

Yeh I think sadly there's a lot to this post Baz, found myself sadly nodding along.

Particularly on the recruitment. As I said in the preview I'd have been quite up for seeing some of this supposed deep knowledge of League One and Two in the acquisitions, but we've only made one of those (Smyth, who was here anyway) and the four players like that we've been linked with (Wing, Forino, Knight, Smyth) are all people who played for him at Wycombe.

Falling over ourselves, and offering multi year contracts, to get people like Begovic and Colback in and acting like we've somehow tempted fcking Dennis Bergkamp into the building and just cannot believe anybody as incredibly brilliant as Asmir Begovic would even give us the time of day is, frankly, fcking weird.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024