Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 12:48 - Sep 15 with 3242 viewshantssi

Gotta love him!
Begovic on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 3200 viewsbosh67

About right. Chelsea are but a shadow which is quite pleasing as it stands.

I like that we have him, Fox, Cook, Colback and Albert as the senior heads in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Begovic on 13:20 - Sep 15 with 3093 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gotta say I can't agree with some of that. He's saying they used to buy from Barca, RM, Bayern etc.
That's not a model any sane club should be using. I think Chelsea's transfer policy is haphazard, bloated and reckless, but their broad idea of buying players before they get to big clubs, and while still young, is the right one.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 15:28 - Sep 15 with 2839 viewsMedwayR

Begovic on 13:20 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Gotta say I can't agree with some of that. He's saying they used to buy from Barca, RM, Bayern etc.
That's not a model any sane club should be using. I think Chelsea's transfer policy is haphazard, bloated and reckless, but their broad idea of buying players before they get to big clubs, and while still young, is the right one.

I don't recall chelsea buying world class players from Barca, RM, Bayern etc. Their best players since the dodgy russian arrived have been the likes of Lampard (West Ham), Drogba (Marseille), Carvalho (Porto), Cech (Rennes), Robben (PSV), Hazard (Lille), Kante (Leicester). Not top clubs. The only players they've signed from the likes of Barca, RM, Bayern etc have been the likes of Deco and Ballack who were towards the end of their careers.

Begovic is correct that the scum are in a mess, but their scattergun approach goes back a long time and they've only had success through sheer buying power rather than strategy. That approach is being shown up at the moment and Begovic is rewriting history and putting 'his' chelsea on a pedestal.

Poll: Who’s better?

Begovic on 15:50 - Sep 15 with 2788 viewsTK1

Amazing what an away win can do for the mood of fans. Time was that a QPR captain with just five games under his belt (W2, L3) going on a Chelsea podcast to cry about CFC not doing better because they're the 'gold-standard of clubs, everything about them is elite', wishing nothing more than success for Chelsea would not be met with QPR fans saying...'gotta love him'.

Probably being a grouch about it. But I hate this. I hate seeing it. It's too soon, lacks awareness of the club he is now captain of. I can think of any number of ex-Chelsea who ended up at QPR getting absolute pelters for going a Chelsea broadcast so soon after joining. Give it a season of success at Rangers first please, skipper.
Begovic on 16:10 - Sep 15 with 2730 viewsBklynRanger

I have the same sort of grouchy feeling about it.

One could argue he's free to go on whatever podcast he wants and we don't have to like it.

Fair enough I suppose, but he's also on there saying 'Chelsea need to be better than this' etc etc.

No they don't, they need to disappear down the plughole.

Grouch over.
Begovic on 16:44 - Sep 15 with 2641 viewseastside_r

Begovic on 16:10 - Sep 15 by BklynRanger

I have the same sort of grouchy feeling about it.

One could argue he's free to go on whatever podcast he wants and we don't have to like it.

Fair enough I suppose, but he's also on there saying 'Chelsea need to be better than this' etc etc.

No they don't, they need to disappear down the plughole.

Grouch over.

Thirded. Leave this sort of stuff until your retired, mate.
Begovic on 16:59 - Sep 15 with 2571 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another grouch here.

I'm not watching that, and I don't want him anywhere near it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 17:08 - Sep 15 with 2528 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don’t disagree with the grouches but chelsea have about as much relevance to us as real madrid at the moment.
Enjoying them being rubbish though

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 17:11 - Sep 15 with 2505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 17:08 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Don’t disagree with the grouches but chelsea have about as much relevance to us as real madrid at the moment.

Oh, it's great fun!

Begovic on 17:33 - Sep 15 with 2427 viewsHayesender

Another one here for the not watching that shite. Bit like the time our keeper went to a party in a scum top.

Nope, not liking this

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Begovic on 19:00 - Sep 15 with 2286 viewsTK1

Begovic on 17:08 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Geographically, historically they have massive, unrivalled relevance. We still sing songs about them, about players long retired scoring against them. Nobody else gets that treatment. (QPR have never played Real Madrid.) Our new *captain* going on a Chelsea podcast after a month with us, crying about who they're signing and why he wants them to do well...it lacks awareness at least.

Dunno. Maybe it's petty, but hating the team down the road from your own who've chased you all around the borough in the past is both petty and deadly serious. Two dudes with American accents sitting on a Zoom for CFC patrons discussing how to make CHELSEA GREAT AGAIN is embarrassing enough. For one of them to be QPR's new captain, however, sits badly with me
Begovic on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 2222 viewseastside_r

Begovic on 19:00 - Sep 15 by TK1

Geographically, historically they have massive, unrivalled relevance. We still sing songs about them, about players long retired scoring against them. Nobody else gets that treatment. (QPR have never played Real Madrid.) Our new *captain* going on a Chelsea podcast after a month with us, crying about who they're signing and why he wants them to do well...it lacks awareness at least.

Dunno. Maybe it's petty, but hating the team down the road from your own who've chased you all around the borough in the past is both petty and deadly serious. Two dudes with American accents sitting on a Zoom for CFC patrons discussing how to make CHELSEA GREAT AGAIN is embarrassing enough. For one of them to be QPR's new captain, however, sits badly with me

Can’t upvote this enough.

If he isn’t aware of the rivalry (historic or otherwise) then someone at the club should have a word.
Begovic on 19:41 - Sep 15 with 2171 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Begovic on 19:23 - Sep 15 by eastside_r

If he isn’t aware of the rivalry (historic or otherwise) then someone at the club should have a word.

I think we should let this one slip. New managment, new player, and you can't think of everything.

But if it's repeated, I'm going buying me a pitchfork.

Begovic on 20:16 - Sep 15 with 2086 viewsqprxtc

I honestly forgot Begovic plays for us. I’ve been amiss in my Rangers knowledge for a while now.

But one thing I do know and will never forget is

FUK THE KINGS ROAD SH1TE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT OR TO DO WITH THOSE DESPICABLE KUNTS.

Live by that mantra and you’ll live a fine existence.
Begovic on 21:02 - Sep 15 with 1981 viewsAntti_Heinola

Begovic on 19:00 - Sep 15 by TK1

As i said. I don’t disagree. But i also can’t waste my energy on such small beer when our club is in such a state. I hate chelsea, but loads of our players - some of our all-time faves from Webb to Willo to furs to SWP have played for them and are well thought of there. Our fans overreaction to julio cesar dressing up as one of his best mates still mates me cringe.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 21:03 - Sep 15 with 1978 viewsdistortR

Begovic on 15:50 - Sep 15 by TK1

Amazing what an away win can do for the mood of fans. Time was that a QPR captain with just five games under his belt (W2, L3) going on a Chelsea podcast to cry about CFC not doing better because they're the 'gold-standard of clubs, everything about them is elite', wishing nothing more than success for Chelsea would not be met with QPR fans saying...'gotta love him'.

Probably being a grouch about it. But I hate this. I hate seeing it. It's too soon, lacks awareness of the club he is now captain of. I can think of any number of ex-Chelsea who ended up at QPR getting absolute pelters for going a Chelsea broadcast so soon after joining. Give it a season of success at Rangers first please, skipper.

Sort of shit Beale did.
Begovic on 07:40 - Sep 16 with 1821 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Begovic on 21:02 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

As i said. I don’t disagree. But i also can’t waste my energy on such small beer when our club is in such a state. I hate chelsea, but loads of our players - some of our all-time faves from Webb to Willo to furs to SWP have played for them and are well thought of there. Our fans overreaction to julio cesar dressing up as one of his best mates still mates me cringe.

This!

Chelsea are our historical, not contemporary rivals, and even then, we were not really theirs.

While they are the embodiment of what's wrong with football, I'm far happier ignoring them and let the mess they're creating - hopefully- blow up in their faces, because it seems to me, they have a lot of talent to play with.

Us being so angst ridden about them, is like impoverished North Korea going on about the US all the bloody time, but without the nuclear capability to back it up.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 7:43]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Begovic on 10:37 - Sep 16 with 1709 viewsTK1

Just to add, I am ambivalent about Chelsea nowadays, compared to, say, the late-80s. But I have now a helpful insight in how Brentford and Fulham fans apparently felt about QPR between 1972 and 1996, and why they may still feel glee about our subsequent steep decline and their seemingly now unstoppable rise.

However, this is not about the different degrees of dislike we have for Chelsea. It's about the QPR captain going on a Chelsea podcast. Unlike the OP, I don't "love him" for this. That's all. Every other ex-Chelsea player had to work much harder for our affection and wouldn't have got away with the same.

Come on you Rs.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 10:38]
Begovic on 22:50 - Sep 16 with 1480 viewsqpr_1968

i love begovic, but his kicks today were the worst i've seen in a qpr keeper jersey.
todays game was against sunderland....16/9/23

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Begovic on 23:55 - Sep 16 with 1377 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic on 22:50 - Sep 16 by qpr_1968

i love begovic, but his kicks today were the worst i've seen in a qpr keeper jersey.
todays game was against sunderland....16/9/23

HIs kicking today was not the best - understated !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Begovic on 16:36 - Sep 17 with 1093 viewsQPunkR

Begovic on 21:02 - Sep 15 by Antti_Heinola

Sorry, but what the throbbing fk is Shite-Phillips doing alongside the phrase 'some of our all-time faves'??

QPR - "shit but local"

Begovic on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 1062 viewsManinBlack

Begovic on 19:23 - Sep 15 by eastside_r

Probably another area where our club fails. Brentford and Luton explain to all new signings the history of the club and who are seen as rivals to the fans. Clearly we don't do this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024