Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards 22:21 - Dec 13 with 11627 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet again another lacklustre showing from Taylor Richards, showed no conviction when he came on. Can see why Marti gave him a go against 10 men but really he just looks a bit of a waster to me.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:22 - Dec 13 with 7093 viewsWatford_Ranger

Seemed a weird sub at the time and proved to be so. Just sort of sauntered around the centre circle playing square passes. I’d say he didn’t sweat but he looks so unfit he was probably knackered by the end.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:25 - Dec 13 with 7049 viewscolinallcars

He's an exciting prospect. I'd prefer him to be an exiting prospect.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:29 - Dec 13 with 7011 viewsBklynRanger

He's not going to come out charging at people but I thought he looked a bit more switched on tonight in his own way.

He showed some good close control at times, a bit of invention in how he shapes his body, and was around on the edge of the box more than he seems to be getting credit for.

If we're going to make a player out of him, and I know it's a massive if, it's going to take a few cameos like that. But I do think it's possible.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:33 - Dec 13 with 6966 viewsbosh67

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:29 - Dec 13 by BklynRanger

He's not going to come out charging at people but I thought he looked a bit more switched on tonight in his own way.

He showed some good close control at times, a bit of invention in how he shapes his body, and was around on the edge of the box more than he seems to be getting credit for.

If we're going to make a player out of him, and I know it's a massive if, it's going to take a few cameos like that. But I do think it's possible.

He does need to be a lot fitter.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:36 - Dec 13 with 6938 viewsQPRConor2000

I thought it was a strange sub as well.

Surely give him some development team mins rather than put him out when he is clearly not really match fit.

If we do have any takers, then I think we should be loaning him out.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:37 - Dec 13 with 6913 viewslassel

He looks exactly what you would expect a player with 500 minutes in over 2 years to look like. The only way we will get anything out of him is minutes and ideally a run of games, but obviously we can’t afford to do that in our position.

Tonight though he was clearly showing for the ball, got himself into good positions where he was ignored in favour of getting it into the mixer and looked interested in playing on the front foot.

It’s frustrating that there is clearly plenty of ability there that could be like gold dust in our position.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:49 - Dec 13 with 6802 viewsOakR

I didn't think he was amazing or terrible.

No-one really knows if he is any good - he needs to habe a good run of games and we will then know. I suspect he is being gently introduced back in.

Definitely more in hope than expectation, but hopefully a manager and way of playing that gets the best out of him.

Poll: Will we stay up?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:49 - Dec 13 with 6797 viewsHastings_Hoops

Seemed to be on his heals a lot when the ball came close to him.
Login to get fewer ads

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:51 - Dec 13 with 6793 viewsrbee

The point of Taylor Richards right now is that he is our Taylor Richards.

We very much have to work with what we have at the moment so Marti and the other coaches will strive to make him a better player as they will with Kelman, Ozzie, Dozzell and all of the other boo boys. Options were limited tonight so why not give him a try.

I see little point in overly criticising Dozzell tonight as he has never played well as part of a two man midfield.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:03 - Dec 13 with 6663 viewsNed_Kennedys

He was playing further forward than Chair and Willock but didn’t do much.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:07 - Dec 13 with 6630 viewsbenhurst

He didn't really get a chance to do much but I thought he was ok - made a good run to the edge of the box before being brought down for what looked like a fairly obvious foul (also somehow managed to get flagged offside whilst he was backing into a defender) and kept the attack flowing from side to side. Shockingly enough though, he looked like he hadn't played much football recently!
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:07 - Dec 13 with 6625 viewsmart_Goblin

What is the point in this thread?
No better or worse than anyone else .
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:10 - Dec 13 with 6609 viewsdaveB

He did OK, no better or worse than anyone else in midfield
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:22 - Dec 13 with 6542 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes we got so many boo boy haters

Thought he looked better than previously tonight

Nice movement and good spreading of the ball but yes no end product from anyone tonight.

Was reasonable today though but yes let's all bash him to the n th degree as that's the done thing.

Wish of course myself he was further on, but was far from useless tonight. Showed something that could be worked with hopefully. Did much better than Kelman who was anonymous as was Dozzell tonight also.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 23:49]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:30 - Dec 13 with 6484 views100percent

I thought he looked as if he wasn't sure of what position or role he was playing, which is strange as Marti has been really good at giving players specific roles to play. He looked a bit lost and only really looked confident when he had the ball at his feet going forwards.
Realistically I felt that the manager gave some of the periphery players an opportunity to impress and neither Kelman or Richards took the bull by the horns.
Perhaps he needed to know what they were capable of in a game situation, before assessing them properly. I wouldn't be surprised if both Kelman and Richards go out on loan in January.
Thought Smyth should have been on 20 mins earlier....
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:34 - Dec 13 with 6446 viewsCamberleyR

I would see if a League One club would take him on loan in January to get him up to some sort of speed.

There's no way he can start for us in the condition he's in at the moment and 15-20 minute cameos aren't going to do it. I'm in my late 50s and I reckon I'm fitter than he is.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:35 - Dec 13 with 6438 viewsbusheyranger

I’m almost certain he was going to come on for Kelman before Larkeche went down and off.

Agree he didn’t really seem to have, or know what, his position was meant to be. Thought he was unlucky not to win at least 1 free kick and will never know how he could have been offside when backing into and shielding the ball from the defender
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:53 - Dec 13 with 6324 viewsstevec

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:34 - Dec 13 by CamberleyR

I would see if a League One club would take him on loan in January to get him up to some sort of speed.

There's no way he can start for us in the condition he's in at the moment and 15-20 minute cameos aren't going to do it. I'm in my late 50s and I reckon I'm fitter than he is.

I don’t see the point wasting any more time on him. Send him on loan lower league, let him show us he’s capable and fit before fielding him here. Find out how much he wants it, not a lot would be my guess.

When he does that thing of, I’m trying to think what to call it, let’s say a waddle through the opposition, I’m half expecting him to grind to a halt and just belly flop onto the ball while all around him are puzzling how to retrieve the bloody thing. It’s under there somewhere.

This club wastes its time waiting for certain players to come right when deep down you know it’s never going to happen.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:54 - Dec 13 with 6329 viewsNorthantsHoop

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 23:30 - Dec 13 by 100percent

I thought he looked as if he wasn't sure of what position or role he was playing, which is strange as Marti has been really good at giving players specific roles to play. He looked a bit lost and only really looked confident when he had the ball at his feet going forwards.
Realistically I felt that the manager gave some of the periphery players an opportunity to impress and neither Kelman or Richards took the bull by the horns.
Perhaps he needed to know what they were capable of in a game situation, before assessing them properly. I wouldn't be surprised if both Kelman and Richards go out on loan in January.
Thought Smyth should have been on 20 mins earlier....

Agree both Kelman and Richards failed to impress. At least Kelman looks fit and interested, whereas Richards just looks lost. Out of the two we need to move Richards on and see if he can be loaned out.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 00:03 - Dec 14 with 6271 viewsed_83

He didn’t give the ball straight to the opposition leading to them scoring, so that’s progress at least. He looked unfit, overweight and incredibly rusty, but what do you expect, and at least seemed engaged and interested. Clearly a player in there, and if we’re going to get him up to speed then it has to start here, but god it feels like it’s a long way away.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 00:28 - Dec 14 with 6198 viewsLblock

“Hello? Doncaster? Is that you? My God… have I got a January BARGAIN for you!!! Now this how it works……..”

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 07:15 - Dec 14 with 5858 viewspaulparker

Offered nothing imo and was a terrible sub by MC when we had other options like Smyth & Armstrong who have pace
He looks lightweight and lost at this level , the sooner he goes the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 07:40 - Dec 14 with 5797 viewsPaddyhoops

Thought he did ok when he came on . Same as the rest he lacked the imagination to unlock a packed Plymouth defence .
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:24 - Dec 14 with 5662 viewstheone_theonly

I sit in C block, near the box, and multiple people affiliated with the club have told us Richards is the ‘most skilful player at the club’. Yes, it’s clear he isn’t playing at his best but for a man who has barely played football on the last 2 years you can’t expect him to come on and blow us out of the water, you have to play through bad form. Obviously we have high expectations for him but we have to be patient and hope he’ll come good. I thought he didn’t play that bad when he came on but no one played particularly well. I’m sure marti will get him playing at some point and get his head straight.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:46 - Dec 14 with 5578 viewsjoe90

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:24 - Dec 14 by theone_theonly

I sit in C block, near the box, and multiple people affiliated with the club have told us Richards is the ‘most skilful player at the club’. Yes, it’s clear he isn’t playing at his best but for a man who has barely played football on the last 2 years you can’t expect him to come on and blow us out of the water, you have to play through bad form. Obviously we have high expectations for him but we have to be patient and hope he’ll come good. I thought he didn’t play that bad when he came on but no one played particularly well. I’m sure marti will get him playing at some point and get his head straight.

Considering how little he's played for us, coming on at that point in the game is a big responsibility. As others have said, he'll need a run of games if he's to improve, not the odd cameo here and there. Bit harsh to judge him on that performance when nobody else around him was having any impact.

Edit: Apologies, my comment was meant to be a direct reply to your comment. Don't know how to change it.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 8:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024