Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whisper it quietly but... 12:25 - Feb 1 with 11560 viewsBluce_Ree

Brentford are just four points ahead of Everton who are bottom three (albeit with a game in hand). In fact, without the Everton points deduction it just be three ahead of Luton who are arguably in better form than Brentford.

I don't think they'll go down but it's definitely a possibility. Toney might be the difference there if he can keep out of trouble.

I think I'd be happy enough with Everton taking that last relegation place (Burnley and Sheff Utd are toast) but Brentford would be pretty good too. Apart from the fact that they'll bum us in the gob twice if they come down and we somehow stay up.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Whisper it quietly but... on 12:31 - Feb 1 with 4909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A good lesson for us.

If we do get the to point we are organised and efficient and somehow end up in the Premiership, we are only a arsehole striker and a handful of injuries away from doom again.

Basically nothing is permanent and no club is entitled.
Whisper it quietly but... on 12:32 - Feb 1 with 4902 viewsdaveB

they'll be fine, got a few injured players coming back soon and played quite well last night against Spurs
Whisper it quietly but... on 12:33 - Feb 1 with 4899 viewsJuzzie

Toney will keep them up.

His ban should have started from the first game of the season but by it being included over the summer has basically bought Brentford a lifeline.
Whisper it quietly but... on 12:46 - Feb 1 with 4796 viewssprocket

Whisper it quietly but... on 12:32 - Feb 1 by daveB

they'll be fine, got a few injured players coming back soon and played quite well last night against Spurs

Agreed. Good side, jealous.
Whisper it quietly but... on 13:00 - Feb 1 with 4715 viewsstowmarketrange

Whisper it quietly but... on 12:32 - Feb 1 by daveB

Some top class sh@t housing as soon as they took the lead,which luckily come unstuck after spurs scored 3 quick goals in the 2nd half.
Whisper it quietly but... on 13:26 - Feb 1 with 4585 viewsLoyalitat

The more I watch Luton, I'm afraid to say, the more they impress me. That team absolutely demolished Brighton during the week. The majority of that squad were Premier League novices at the start of the season, but they've learnt quickly and have improved immeasurably.

The level at which Ross Barkley's been playing for most of the season, will get him back into the England reckoning. A footballer with no discernible weakness, strong on the ball, difficult to dispossess, scores with his head and is equally adept with either foot.

I really think they are going to stay up.
[Post edited 1 Feb 13:33]
Whisper it quietly but... on 13:28 - Feb 1 with 4574 viewsAntti_Heinola

Whisper it quietly but... on 12:31 - Feb 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

A good lesson for us.

If we do get the to point we are organised and efficient and somehow end up in the Premiership, we are only a arsehole striker and a handful of injuries away from doom again.

Basically nothing is permanent and no club is entitled.

As I always say: they'll be releagted in the next 2-20 years. So will Brighton, evertyone's darlings. That league's hard, and the only teams other than the super rich are, as you say, only ever a couple of injuries, a points deduction, or a bad choice of manager away from the drop, no matter how well things are going.
I think Frank might start to have some murmurings about him next season, mind.

Bare bones.

Whisper it quietly but... on 14:09 - Feb 1 with 4473 viewsPunteR

Whisper it quietly but... on 13:28 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

As I always say: they'll be releagted in the next 2-20 years. So will Brighton, evertyone's darlings. That league's hard, and the only teams other than the super rich are, as you say, only ever a couple of injuries, a points deduction, or a bad choice of manager away from the drop, no matter how well things are going.

There's nothing wrong getting relegated from that league if you're a club the size of Brentford, Fulham or QPR. As long as you've calculated all the costs involved with being in the prem. Drop down into the championship with money banked plus the parachute payments and you've bought yourself the best team in the championship and up you go again.!
You have to be a club where players want to be at though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Whisper it quietly but... on 15:08 - Feb 1 with 4354 viewsToast_R

Their transfer wizardry will at one point dry up too. Infact, their fans will be their undoing when they start to get bored and demand more money spent on idiots represented by Kia Joorabchian.
Whisper it quietly but... on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 4329 viewsBluce_Ree

I always say it, football is cyclical. Don't get too pleased with yourselves when doing well. Look at when Portsmouth were winning the cup and Southampton were shite. That soon turned around.

It's the circle of life.

Except for us. We're basically gash all the time.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Whisper it quietly but... on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 4284 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whisper it quietly but... on 15:15 - Feb 1 by Bluce_Ree

I always say it, football is cyclical. Don't get too pleased with yourselves when doing well. Look at when Portsmouth were winning the cup and Southampton were shite. That soon turned around.

It's the circle of life.

Except for us. We're basically gash all the time.

All I want is a go in Europe so I can get on the piss in some Soviet stadium in the Baltic against FC Fjartskins or some Dutch village against Sparta Gouda 88.

After that we can slip into the Isthmian and I wouldn’t shed a tear.
Whisper it quietly but... on 15:33 - Feb 1 with 4235 viewsGaryBannister86

I know what you mean, but I can't see Brentford falling into the Charlton trap of the classic Be Careful What You WIsh For.

Mind you, bit like us protesting on the pitch when 5th in the top flight. However, always irritated me that narrative, why shouldn't we or Charlton want to move forward, even when punching above our weight? Be good little boys and know your place, eh?

The only place Frank is going is to Man U when they sack Ten Hag.
Whisper it quietly but... on 15:36 - Feb 1 with 4211 viewsbosh67

Whisper it quietly but... on 13:26 - Feb 1 by Loyalitat

The more I watch Luton, I'm afraid to say, the more they impress me. That team absolutely demolished Brighton during the week. The majority of that squad were Premier League novices at the start of the season, but they've learnt quickly and have improved immeasurably.

The level at which Ross Barkley's been playing for most of the season, will get him back into the England reckoning. A footballer with no discernible weakness, strong on the ball, difficult to dispossess, scores with his head and is equally adept with either foot.

I really think they are going to stay up.
[Post edited 1 Feb 13:33]

I agree. The mentality and team togetherness is so much better than ours. They have bonded with Edwards who is their mini Klopp there and I suspect with their better players staying fit that they will stay up comfortably. Mostly on merit but partly because I think both Everton and Forest are going to have their arse kicked with more deductions.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Whisper it quietly but... on 16:09 - Feb 1 with 4079 viewsJuzzie

If it means Everton go down, I'm happy for Luton to stay up (for one more season at least).
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:02 - Feb 1 with 3977 viewsswitchingcode

Whisper it quietly but... on 12:33 - Feb 1 by Juzzie

Toney will keep them up.

His ban should have started from the first game of the season but by it being included over the summer has basically bought Brentford a lifeline.

Toney could take Brentford down 😁just checked got more points last season when he didn’t play than when he did.The saviours will be Hickey Schade Mbeumo Wissa Onyeka and Ghoddas when they return from injury.Cant see despite their improvement Luton staying up Hope they do though and Forrest go down instead.Heard all this one man team nonesense before when Eriksen left.
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:20 - Feb 1 with 3883 viewsswitchingcode

Whisper it quietly but... on 15:33 - Feb 1 by GaryBannister86

I know what you mean, but I can't see Brentford falling into the Charlton trap of the classic Be Careful What You WIsh For.

Mind you, bit like us protesting on the pitch when 5th in the top flight. However, always irritated me that narrative, why shouldn't we or Charlton want to move forward, even when punching above our weight? Be good little boys and know your place, eh?

The only place Frank is going is to Man U when they sack Ten Hag.

Thomas Frank will leave when he wants to he’s been a fantastic manager mainly for coaching championship players to play comfortably in the Premier league .He's done a great job this season with all the horrendous injuries keeping out of the bottom 3 although the 3 promoted clubs have helped.
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:21 - Feb 1 with 3893 viewsdaveB

Whisper it quietly but... on 17:02 - Feb 1 by switchingcode

Toney could take Brentford down 😁just checked got more points last season when he didn’t play than when he did.The saviours will be Hickey Schade Mbeumo Wissa Onyeka and Ghoddas when they return from injury.Cant see despite their improvement Luton staying up Hope they do though and Forrest go down instead.Heard all this one man team nonesense before when Eriksen left.

not a one man team but him being back will give you enough goals to stay up. Forest look in real trouble to me and although they are doing well I think Luton will end up going down, fair play to them though giving it a real go
Whisper it quietly but... on 19:06 - Feb 1 with 3689 viewsswitchingcode

Whisper it quietly but... on 17:21 - Feb 1 by daveB

not a one man team but him being back will give you enough goals to stay up. Forest look in real trouble to me and although they are doing well I think Luton will end up going down, fair play to them though giving it a real go

Yes he will get us plenty of goals I expect but the sooner this saga is over and he moves on for hopefully a good price the better.The clubs not big enough for him and his ego
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:32 - Feb 4 with 3235 viewsNewBee

If you look at Bees next 7 games, we're not likely to pick up many (any?) points:
Man City (H), Wolves (A), Liverpool (H), Man City (A), WHU (A), Chelsea (H) and Arsenal (A).

Those games could see us drop to 18th, esp if Luton keep bombing on. But our last 10 fixtures are much easier and assuming we get injured players back by then, I remain very confident we'll pick up the points needed to finish above 18th place (Burnley and Sheff U are certs for relegation).

And that's before you factor in possible points deductions for Everton and Forest. Or even an 80 points deduction for Man City
Whisper it quietly but... on 17:34 - Feb 4 with 3223 viewsMick_S

Whisper it quietly but... on 17:32 - Feb 4 by NewBee

If you look at Bees next 7 games, we're not likely to pick up many (any?) points:
Man City (H), Wolves (A), Liverpool (H), Man City (A), WHU (A), Chelsea (H) and Arsenal (A).

Those games could see us drop to 18th, esp if Luton keep bombing on. But our last 10 fixtures are much easier and assuming we get injured players back by then, I remain very confident we'll pick up the points needed to finish above 18th place (Burnley and Sheff U are certs for relegation).

And that's before you factor in possible points deductions for Everton and Forest. Or even an 80 points deduction for Man City

You’ll beat Chelsea.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Whisper it quietly but... on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 3056 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whisper it quietly, but I’d be sad to see Brentford go down alongside Luton.

Two clubs doing it relatively the right way and both operating in the black (I assume). Something to be lauded and I hope they get their rewards for it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 18:42]
Whisper it quietly but... on 18:33 - Feb 4 with 3033 viewsRangersw12

Whisper it quietly but... on 18:27 - Feb 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Whisper it quietly, but I’d be sad to see Brentford go down alongside Luton.

Two clubs doing it relatively the right way and both operating in the black (I assume). Something to be lauded and I hope they get their rewards for it.
[Post edited 4 Feb 18:42]

A QPR fan wanting Luton to stay up 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Whisper it quietly but... on 18:41 - Feb 4 with 2999 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whisper it quietly but... on 18:33 - Feb 4 by Rangersw12

A QPR fan wanting Luton to stay up 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Never got the thing with Luton. That KX thing was before my time.

My dislike for the top six and Chelsea trumps all of it really.
Whisper it quietly but... on 18:50 - Feb 4 with 2967 viewshantssi

Whisper it quietly but... on 18:41 - Feb 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

With you on this one Baz!
I’d like to see Luton stay up at least this year as they’re giving it a real go “the right way”, not like Forest who I hope crash and burn!
Whisper it quietly but... on 19:10 - Feb 4 with 2884 viewsJuzzie

Whisper it quietly but... on 18:41 - Feb 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

In the days before t’internet I had no idea what had happened at KX (or was it Euston?) after the first game so my brother and I went by train a few days later for the replay and the walk from Luton station to Kenilworth Road was a tad lively
[Post edited 4 Feb 19:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024