Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
has this season been frustrating or exciting. 20:26 - Mar 16 with 4641 viewsqpr_1968

our home crowds have been excellent
our away followings have been good.....
yet we've lingered at the bottom of the table all season.
i put a thread up a good while back asking you good folk what you'd prefer, promotion to the premier or winning the fa cup, most of you put winning the fa cup.
so i'm guessing dicing at the foot of the the table every week, the match is like a cup final in itself, hence our big crowds.
hanging around mid table is boring.
but a play off seems to suit most on here whether we win or lose.

its all about the excitement.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:12 - Mar 18 with 1527 viewsBenny_the_Ball

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:03 - Mar 18 by qpr_1968

absolutely not a ridiculous question.

when we lose everyones frustrated....
when we've won, everyone including on here, gets excited....

Sorry, but I have to agree that it is a silly question. Given that the team has won only 10 of 38 matches to date, scoring a paltry 36 goals in the process, there's been little in the way of excitement. We may be in for a nail-biting finish but overall the season has been painful. Like many, I'm just praying that we get over the line asap so that we can put it behind us and look forward to next season with renewed optimism.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:30 - Mar 18 with 1508 viewsR_from_afar

For me, it has been frustrating. Very frustrating.

Not only have we been in a relegation dogfight from day one, but:
- We have looked toothless in almost every game
- Our three prime attacking threats when the season began, Willock, Chair and Dykes, have all regressed.

We might still stay up and we do currently have a good manager, but it is going to be tight and this sort of tense scenario is not enjoyable, at least, not for me. COYRs.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:59 - Mar 18 with 1472 viewsted_hendrix

It's been about as exciting as a lawnmower unboxing video.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 1449 viewsnumptydumpty

It was absolutely catastrophic under Ainsworth and invoking severe depression in all.

But the fans have been unreal. Home attendances been superb and our away following is outstanding and in particular even though at times we have been beyond dreadful, in the stadiums fans have been supportive beyond the cause.

The turnaround under Cifuentes has been as brilliant as it has been unexpected but with nearly all players contributing to the cause, if we can avoid the bottom three positions at the end of the season, we can look ahead with anticipation, provided the main man ie Marti, is still in the building.

A season that has incorporated the very worst and also the very best of our great club.

The send off for Stan was superb and if ever a game was dedicated to the great man, that match was what he would have smiled about from up on high.

If we survive, next season could be exciting, so the final verdict is still undecided !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 22:16 - Mar 18 with 1369 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 18:23 - Mar 18 by numptydumpty

It was absolutely catastrophic under Ainsworth and invoking severe depression in all.

But the fans have been unreal. Home attendances been superb and our away following is outstanding and in particular even though at times we have been beyond dreadful, in the stadiums fans have been supportive beyond the cause.

The turnaround under Cifuentes has been as brilliant as it has been unexpected but with nearly all players contributing to the cause, if we can avoid the bottom three positions at the end of the season, we can look ahead with anticipation, provided the main man ie Marti, is still in the building.

A season that has incorporated the very worst and also the very best of our great club.

The send off for Stan was superb and if ever a game was dedicated to the great man, that match was what he would have smiled about from up on high.

If we survive, next season could be exciting, so the final verdict is still undecided !!!

beautifully put....you seem to understand the the question.....

not like a few numptys on here.....to one your not.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 22:51 - Mar 18 with 1330 viewsqpr_1968

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 17:12 - Mar 18 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry, but I have to agree that it is a silly question. Given that the team has won only 10 of 38 matches to date, scoring a paltry 36 goals in the process, there's been little in the way of excitement. We may be in for a nail-biting finish but overall the season has been painful. Like many, I'm just praying that we get over the line asap so that we can put it behind us and look forward to next season with renewed optimism.

frustrating or exciting benny.....i know its painful

get off the fence.

perhaps mid boring table suits you.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 00:38 - Mar 19 with 1284 viewsBenny_the_Ball

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 22:51 - Mar 18 by qpr_1968

frustrating or exciting benny.....i know its painful

get off the fence.

perhaps mid boring table suits you.

It's a non-question because one of your options, "exciting", doesn't apply to this season in any way, shape or form. As a result, we're left with just the one option; frustrating. Had you asked, for example, 'frustrating or encouraging', I could see the sense in playing along, because despite this season being a chore, Marti's work brings some hope. However, suggesting that this season has been anywhere near exciting is just plain daft, and calling people numpties for rightly pointing this out is, frankly, embarrassing.

Is that far enough off the fence for you?
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 02:23 - Mar 19 with 1260 viewsBoston

angst ridden

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 02:43 - Mar 19 with 1264 viewsSydneyRs

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 18:23 - Mar 18 by numptydumpty

Yeah this. Marti is doing a tremendous job and if he can finish the season the way he's gone so far we'll be ok. Then he can work towards building his team.

Under GA we'd be competing with Rotherham for bottom spot, no doubt. Marti has fixed our defence to the point where we now have one of the best GDs in the bottom half and this could be crucial at the end of the season. The new players have all added something and given us some depth which we severely lacked.

As mentioned, support has been terrific home and away.

Under GA were were doomed. Now we have hope which as we know is what kills you!

Stay up and prosper under Marti, or go down and see him poached by someone else. So much riding on these remaining games.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:23 - Mar 19 with 1170 viewsTheChef

I don't understand how any season with a relegation battle could be deemed as 'exciting'.

Only in the masochistic sense "oooh it's just so exciting I don't know if we're going to get relegated or not!!!".

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:37 - Mar 19 with 1151 viewsdaveB

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:23 - Mar 19 by TheChef

I don't understand how any season with a relegation battle could be deemed as 'exciting'.

Only in the masochistic sense "oooh it's just so exciting I don't know if we're going to get relegated or not!!!".

the excitement comes from going to games where the result matters rather than being mid table and win or lose it won't change much

The joy of beating Rotherham this year was a million times more than is would be any other season when it means the difference between 14th and 16th
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:40 - Mar 19 with 1142 viewsTheChef

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:37 - Mar 19 by daveB

the excitement comes from going to games where the result matters rather than being mid table and win or lose it won't change much

The joy of beating Rotherham this year was a million times more than is would be any other season when it means the difference between 14th and 16th

OK Dave but for me excitement usually comes from pleasure rather than dread!

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:56 - Mar 19 with 1117 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Frustrating.

If we were a arable field; we had a good tilling over but the crops were planted incorrectly, so there were a few green shoots but stayed mostly fallow so the farmer was moved on.
The new farmer is a bit more savvy with this type of field, so he nurtures it as best he can and plants a few new seeds and few more green shoots appear.
The soil is very unpredicatable though so sproutings are better but more random than the farmer would like, the new farmer however doesn't know what to do with Richards Knot weed.

I think the farmer will have a much better crop and harvest next year.

"I've got a lovely combine harvester..."
[Post edited 19 Mar 9:57]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 10:06 - Mar 19 with 1090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:56 - Mar 19 by Metallica_Hoop

Frustrating.

If we were a arable field; we had a good tilling over but the crops were planted incorrectly, so there were a few green shoots but stayed mostly fallow so the farmer was moved on.
The new farmer is a bit more savvy with this type of field, so he nurtures it as best he can and plants a few new seeds and few more green shoots appear.
The soil is very unpredicatable though so sproutings are better but more random than the farmer would like, the new farmer however doesn't know what to do with Richards Knot weed.

I was going to say the EXACT same thing!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 1060 viewsTheChef

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 09:56 - Mar 19 by Metallica_Hoop

Frustrating.

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 11:48 - Mar 19 with 971 viewsdutch

It might not have been enjoyable but it has been incredibly involving, compelling, maybe even exciting. Why do we think the attendances have been so high? If it were another season of mid table mediocrity we would n't have taken three thousand to Leicester or sold out at home to Rotherham.
If we stay up and it is still a big ion, than I would take this over some of the lacklustre dross we've been force fed in recent years.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 12:24 - Mar 19 with 923 viewsjoe90

During GA's tenure it was depressing. The football and results were horrible. Once Marti came in renewed optimism with the a renewed and intense desire to stay in the league. Under Ainsworth I felt we deserved to go down. The past month has been exciting as we've climbed our way out of the relegation zone. We're now in the fight and could just about get away with an awful season. There's also some optimism/hope about next season should we stay in the Championship.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 13:10 - Mar 19 with 866 viewsBrianMcCarthy

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 12:24 - Mar 19 by joe90

During GA's tenure it was depressing. The football and results were horrible. Once Marti came in renewed optimism with the a renewed and intense desire to stay in the league. Under Ainsworth I felt we deserved to go down. The past month has been exciting as we've climbed our way out of the relegation zone. We're now in the fight and could just about get away with an awful season. There's also some optimism/hope about next season should we stay in the Championship.

This is roughly what I feel as well, Joe.

Good summary.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 13:26 - Mar 19 with 830 viewsjoe90

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 13:10 - Mar 19 by BrianMcCarthy

This is roughly what I feel as well, Joe.

Good summary.

Thanks Brian.

Just want to add, nothing but love for Ainsworth and I hold nothing against him. Hate the football not the man.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 14:16 - Mar 19 with 792 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Can I answer this around 5pm on 4 May?

As an indicator, if we stay up it'll have been exciting. If we don't, the frustration caused by appointing GA and then hanging on to him for so long will be very, very annoying to say the least!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 08:49 - Mar 25 with 555 viewsRed_Ranger

Frustrating, ugly , fabulous, exciting and even hilarious at times (Gareth Ainsworths outfits).

On the whole way way better than mid table mediocrity.

Sinclair's goal at Leicester, what a moment.
has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 12:47 - Mar 25 with 392 viewsE15Hoop

has this season been frustrating or exciting. on 16:22 - Mar 18 by qpr_1968

i know that.....and stating the obvious 2011, 1976...etc were well exciting...of course

and i know this seasons been painful.

but i did ask whether it was frustrating or exciting....the crowds are up
i did ask whether people would prefer winning the fa cup or promotion to the premier...most said the fa cup.....

personally i think its been painful but exciting....my opinion.

I agree 100%.

You couldn't write a better cliff-hanger to the end of this season than the one we're involved in (apart, of course, from us being involved in a similarly tight promotion race).

The great thing is that we're right in the mix, despite our horrendous start to the season.

if we pull this off, we can look back at it as being "character-building" and I for one wouldn't be at all surprised to see us up the other end of the table next season, assuming we can keep this squad together and make the loans signings permanent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024