Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New England Kit 22:02 - Mar 16 with 15416 viewsGloucs_R

How can Nike get it wrong so many times...

Away kit..

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/08/nike-england-euro-2024-away-kit-predictio

Poll: Are we staying up?

New England Kit on 14:34 - Mar 19 with 2245 viewsNorthernr

New England Kit on 14:27 - Mar 19 by themodfather

For me kit manufacturers do what they want , the big issue is the cost of the kits , pricing many kids out , child kits should be affordable and not an Elite item , football is the people’s game or was and the divide grows .

£119.99 for an "authentic" one, £64.99 for a "replica".
That's just for the shirt, and in the child's sizes.
They'll wear it, what, 12 times max?
Sick.
New England Kit on 06:44 - Mar 20 with 2063 viewsTGRRRSSS

Grey is a bad colour to use, it can be harder to distinguish apparently.

In one of his books Fergie talks about this and how he got a letter from a United fan who was an optician or something
New England Kit on 08:56 - Mar 20 with 2007 viewsToast_R

I bought a bit of a Knock off one of the previous England shirt via Ebay for my son. Honestly, the quality was superb and half the price. No one would know its not genuine. He's only worn a handful of times and gets everything he eats down it.
New England Kit on 09:04 - Mar 20 with 1999 viewsBAWHoops

New England Kit on 14:34 - Mar 19 by Northernr

£119.99 for an "authentic" one, £64.99 for a "replica".
That's just for the shirt, and in the child's sizes.
They'll wear it, what, 12 times max?
Sick.

There's a reason DHGate was trending on twitter yesterday.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

New England Kit on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 1970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New England Kit on 12:16 - Mar 18 by Rs_Holy

Nike can actually do a pretty job if they just keep it simple ... Ladies kits form the last World Cup were great.

That home kit is really class.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New England Kit on 09:31 - Mar 20 with 1952 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New England Kit on 21:48 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

Controversy over the Rishi Sunak favoured Rwandan inspired 3rd kit.

Costs £3,000 too.
New England Kit on 05:55 - Mar 22 with 1683 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New England Kit on 14:27 - Mar 19 by themodfather

For me kit manufacturers do what they want , the big issue is the cost of the kits , pricing many kids out , child kits should be affordable and not an Elite item , football is the people’s game or was and the divide grows .

Surely the ultimate decisions regarding design and cost rest with the FA.

Given the sheer number of England kits that are created and sold around the world, the FA could use their powers when negotiating the contract to say: the tops cannot exceed a price and agree designs that aren't as shite as they regularly are.

What's particularly annoying is that manufacturers regularly drop the price of kits in the months leading up to a change, and still turn a tidy profit on a sale. Not as annoying as what happens to unsold kits, but ultimate responsibility is with the FA, and ultimate power with the buyer/fan: if you think it's ugly and/or overpriced kit, then don't buy it!!
[Post edited 22 Mar 5:56]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New England Kit on 09:17 - Mar 22 with 1409 viewsslmrstid

It seems this England kit is now developing into another battle in the ongoing culture wars. Do these people ever not exhaust themselves from constantly finding something to be angry and argumentative about?

Even Keir bloody Starmer getting involved this morning. What a twt. Just leave it be you morons, its a tiny stitched cross on the back of a collar of a white shirt. Get over yourselves.
Login to get fewer ads

New England Kit on 09:27 - Mar 22 with 1386 viewsPaddyhoops

New England Kit on 09:17 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

It seems this England kit is now developing into another battle in the ongoing culture wars. Do these people ever not exhaust themselves from constantly finding something to be angry and argumentative about?

Even Keir bloody Starmer getting involved this morning. What a twt. Just leave it be you morons, its a tiny stitched cross on the back of a collar of a white shirt. Get over yourselves.

Listening to Nicky Campbell on 5 live . It’s got the nation talking .
I’m bemused .
My cat litter has gone up from 6 quid to 7.50 in the less than a week .
Never hear any phone ins on that.😉
New England Kit on 09:34 - Mar 22 with 1368 viewsEastR

New England Kit on 09:27 - Mar 22 by Paddyhoops

Listening to Nicky Campbell on 5 live . It’s got the nation talking .
I’m bemused .
My cat litter has gone up from 6 quid to 7.50 in the less than a week .
Never hear any phone ins on that.😉

ha ha, ditto!
had to turn it off in the end

not one single word on the real scandal - the cost of it!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

New England Kit on 09:56 - Mar 22 with 1315 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 09:34 - Mar 22 by EastR

ha ha, ditto!
had to turn it off in the end

not one single word on the real scandal - the cost of it!

Yes agreed, the cost is insane. I bought Mrs SLM an England Women's shirt for her birthday last year as she wanted one and has really got into womens football following the Lionesses success. Think it cost me £90 or so, my eyes fell out! I haven't bought a replica R's shirt for years now but pretty sure ours are nowhere near that?

NB - hopefully my initial post doesn't start off a politics argument! Not my intention, I understand people may not like the design (much as I detest the 2002-03 QPR shirt) but the idea of senior politicians feeling the need to weigh in...jeez. Crazy.
New England Kit on 10:13 - Mar 22 with 1289 viewsdaveB

New England Kit on 09:17 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

Well I see what you mean and at first I thought whats the fuss but it's supposed to be an England shirt so to design a new England flag on it seems at best pointless but was probably done to stir this kind of thing up. I can't imagine any other country doing this to their own flag, what do the colours even mean, it's just designed to piss people off. A playful update to the flag, just feck off

Why not colour in the stars and stripes on the America one for a laugh

I hope people boycott it over the price which is an absolute disgrace but the flag issue is a nail in the coffin for them and has annoyed the people who actually buy the shirts

Just to add what on earth were the FA thinking agreeing to this or more likely coming up with the idea
[Post edited 22 Mar 10:18]
New England Kit on 10:13 - Mar 22 with 1278 viewsMrSheen

New England Kit on 09:56 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

Yes agreed, the cost is insane. I bought Mrs SLM an England Women's shirt for her birthday last year as she wanted one and has really got into womens football following the Lionesses success. Think it cost me £90 or so, my eyes fell out! I haven't bought a replica R's shirt for years now but pretty sure ours are nowhere near that?

NB - hopefully my initial post doesn't start off a politics argument! Not my intention, I understand people may not like the design (much as I detest the 2002-03 QPR shirt) but the idea of senior politicians feeling the need to weigh in...jeez. Crazy.

I was in Australia a few years ago, looking for souvenirs, and the price of the replica kit was mind-blowing. AFL team vests were about £80. At least you get a little sleeve thrown in here.
New England Kit on 10:28 - Mar 22 with 1261 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 10:13 - Mar 22 by daveB

Well I see what you mean and at first I thought whats the fuss but it's supposed to be an England shirt so to design a new England flag on it seems at best pointless but was probably done to stir this kind of thing up. I can't imagine any other country doing this to their own flag, what do the colours even mean, it's just designed to piss people off. A playful update to the flag, just feck off

Why not colour in the stars and stripes on the America one for a laugh

I hope people boycott it over the price which is an absolute disgrace but the flag issue is a nail in the coffin for them and has annoyed the people who actually buy the shirts

Just to add what on earth were the FA thinking agreeing to this or more likely coming up with the idea
[Post edited 22 Mar 10:18]

No-one cared back in 2012 Dave when the colours of a flag on a kit were altered, because the world we lived in then wasn't as mental as the one we live in now is.

(Gawd I'd love to go back to 2012, what a summer...)

New England Kit on 10:40 - Mar 22 with 1205 viewsToast_R

New England Kit on 10:28 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

No-one cared back in 2012 Dave when the colours of a flag on a kit were altered, because the world we lived in then wasn't as mental as the one we live in now is.

Devil's advocate here but...

QPR fans have been similarly displeased when the club badge has been altered or the hoops on the kit haven't gone all the way around. Don't remember anyone saying it's only a shirt etc.
New England Kit on 10:41 - Mar 22 with 1203 viewsdaveB

people did kick off to be fair but thats slightly different, the olympic one was the design of the kit based on the flag, this is the St Georges Flag on the collar that in their words the English flag has been given a playful update. Why did it need an update. It's supposed to be a football shirt, even the nonsense about the 66 training kit doesn't wash as the colours are different.

I just look at it and think what good did you think was going to come of this, what was the point?

I blame the FA for it really, they spend so much time trying to make various political stands and gestures, they've got the reaction they wanted and will just dismiss it as a bunch of racists shouting at clouds.
New England Kit on 10:42 - Mar 22 with 1198 viewsPaddyhoops

A Geordie has been complaining about it on a radio programme this morning.
It’s a bit fresh coming from a bloke who supports a team who’s away kit is Saudis Arabias home kit.
New England Kit on 10:46 - Mar 22 with 1184 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 10:41 - Mar 22 by daveB

people did kick off to be fair but thats slightly different, the olympic one was the design of the kit based on the flag, this is the St Georges Flag on the collar that in their words the English flag has been given a playful update. Why did it need an update. It's supposed to be a football shirt, even the nonsense about the 66 training kit doesn't wash as the colours are different.

I just look at it and think what good did you think was going to come of this, what was the point?

I blame the FA for it really, they spend so much time trying to make various political stands and gestures, they've got the reaction they wanted and will just dismiss it as a bunch of racists shouting at clouds.

I do get where your coming from on the FA Dave. The Three Lions are still present, which to be fair is what the vast majority of people associate with England football. I think I would feel uncomfortable if that ever got dicked around with!

(I also hated the Flavio badge...)
New England Kit on 11:04 - Mar 22 with 1154 viewsdaveB

New England Kit on 10:46 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

I do get where your coming from on the FA Dave. The Three Lions are still present, which to be fair is what the vast majority of people associate with England football. I think I would feel uncomfortable if that ever got dicked around with!

(I also hated the Flavio badge...)

I just think it's a real shame, this summer we have a decent chance of doing something special and unite the whole nation and they do something like this which is designed to provoke a reaction. When you've got people like Farage and Starmer agreeing it's safe to say the so called aim to unify hasn't really worked

If you want to do something like this and create a new quirky symbol to unify then fine do that but don't use the flag to do it. They are just poking the bear now
New England Kit on 11:13 - Mar 22 with 1110 viewsJuzzie

New England Kit on 05:55 - Mar 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Surely the ultimate decisions regarding design and cost rest with the FA.

Given the sheer number of England kits that are created and sold around the world, the FA could use their powers when negotiating the contract to say: the tops cannot exceed a price and agree designs that aren't as shite as they regularly are.

What's particularly annoying is that manufacturers regularly drop the price of kits in the months leading up to a change, and still turn a tidy profit on a sale. Not as annoying as what happens to unsold kits, but ultimate responsibility is with the FA, and ultimate power with the buyer/fan: if you think it's ugly and/or overpriced kit, then don't buy it!!
[Post edited 22 Mar 5:56]

The FA get money from Nike, why would they want to negotiate a cheaper price if it means they get less money? The FA are a business.

I might pick up a discontinued one at discount but I think the only ones I have bought on release in the last 10 years is the 'barca' QPR away shirt and this years away kit for my son and the pink goalie shirt for my daughter, but that's it as the three were about £150.

The best we can do is not buy it. I cancelled my Sky Sports years ago too. Enough was enough.
New England Kit on 11:40 - Mar 22 with 1043 viewsNorthernr

I'll tell you a rebranding that can get in the sea almost immediately - this notion that we're calling him "Cold" Palmer. Fck off right away.
New England Kit on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 1031 viewsjoe90

God forbid they tamper with the England flag!

I still can't get over how expensive and underwhelming the designs are. Bring back UMBRO!
New England Kit on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 1006 viewsdaveB

New England Kit on 11:43 - Mar 22 by joe90

God forbid they tamper with the England flag!

I still can't get over how expensive and underwhelming the designs are. Bring back UMBRO!

Thats clearly got the England flag on it along with various other versions so of course no one cared.
New England Kit on 11:59 - Mar 22 with 974 viewsjoe90

New England Kit on 11:50 - Mar 22 by daveB

Thats clearly got the England flag on it along with various other versions so of course no one cared.

Perhaps or that the other colourful versions detract from the fundamentally bland and uninspiring England flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 12:00]
New England Kit on 12:11 - Mar 22 with 929 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 11:59 - Mar 22 by joe90

Perhaps or that the other colourful versions detract from the fundamentally bland and uninspiring England flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 12:00]

That jacket looks like its got lots of tiny little BR logos on it from a first glance. Might be worth trying on an England kit, that'd be fun.

This rebrand didn't go down well either, according to Google...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024