Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive overreaction from today's game 16:40 - Dec 21 with 4493 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Yes, it was a disappointing result, but I have seen calls for Harry to be sacked, Barton to leave the club as he is a liability and Benayoun as a truly awful signing! We lost, yes, it is annoying, but we still played alright, and are still 1st, although probably going 2nd because of Burnley. Redknapp has done well this season, we could not get a better manager in, sacking him would be ridiculous. Barton has been player of the season for me. He gets sent off yes, looked unfair to me, but is not a liability! And we saw 20 mins of Benayoun. So while its disappointing the reaction of some fans today has been ridiculous.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:41 - Dec 21 with 2700 viewsnewgolddream

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:44 - Dec 21 with 2680 viewsHollowayRanger

who wants to sack harry?

or barton our best player week in week out

player of year will be austin mind ad well earned

but our style of football is shite! trying to nick 1-0 every week is depressing and only bearable as it usually works

home games should be played with two strikers! WE ONLY GOT THE CROWD going or final 3 minutes when we actually started pushing players into box and started putting a few balls in

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:46 - Dec 21 with 2680 viewsbosh67

We do consistently lack putting players in the box. It's being going on for seasons. However, agreed, as I said on another thread, today was one of those days. We will play much much worse this season and probably win easily.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:53 - Dec 21 with 2648 viewsRblockPrior

Harry best manager in the league- FACT

Barton has been our best player this season-FACT

Benayoun will be a good addition but needs games under his belt, disappointing but this season was always going to have high AND lows, we will be fine

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:54 - Dec 21 with 2636 viewsAntti_Heinola

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:53 - Dec 21 by RblockPrior

Harry best manager in the league- FACT

Barton has been our best player this season-FACT

Benayoun will be a good addition but needs games under his belt, disappointing but this season was always going to have high AND lows, we will be fine

those first two are not facts, they are statements of opinion.
Many would argue that Simpson, Hill and Austin have all been at least as good, if not better than Barton this season.

Bare bones.

Massive overreaction from today's game on 16:56 - Dec 21 with 2623 viewsTheBlob

Even Blob's having mild anti 'arry thoughts today.But it may just have been a dodgy croissant going through.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:00 - Dec 21 with 2604 viewsDesertBoot

What, where, why Chevanton?

Wish I could be like David Watts

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:08 - Dec 21 with 2568 viewsTHEBUSH

Not sure what some of our fans want, we've been in the top 3 for most of the season, have the best defence and probably mid-field in the league, Harry just needs to sort out our forward line i.e. return of Remy and then watch us go
Login to get fewer ads

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:11 - Dec 21 with 2550 viewskropotkin41

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:08 - Dec 21 by THEBUSH

Not sure what some of our fans want, we've been in the top 3 for most of the season, have the best defence and probably mid-field in the league, Harry just needs to sort out our forward line i.e. return of Remy and then watch us go

I would quite like to feel that our league position actually reflects the way we have played. I don't feel like that. I think we have been lucky, really lucky, enough times to put us where we are. I reckon that our very able and strong squad isn't doing itself, or us, justice.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:12 - Dec 21 with 2547 viewsJonDoeman

I expect us to follow it up with a loss at Forest, you'll see an 'overreaction' then RANGERS4EVER......

It Is What It Is !!

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:16 - Dec 21 with 2523 viewsTheBlob

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:08 - Dec 21 by THEBUSH

Don't tease.

Especially at this time of year.

Just don't

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:17 - Dec 21 with 2518 viewsJuzzie

Does my head in how people cry for the managers head, slag off players etc. We're 2nd, not 2nd bottom ffs.

I suppose they'll all be as happy as a pig in sh@t if we win at Forest?
Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:20 - Dec 21 with 2501 viewsTHEBUSH

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:11 - Dec 21 by kropotkin41

I would quite like to feel that our league position actually reflects the way we have played. I don't feel like that. I think we have been lucky, really lucky, enough times to put us where we are. I reckon that our very able and strong squad isn't doing itself, or us, justice.

OK, you think we've been really lucky, so without all this luck, what position in the league should we really be, iyo ?
Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:21 - Dec 21 with 2496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we were good in the first half, listless in the second, tactically predictable, technically sloppy and even quite nervous.

Will be looking for a big reaction at Forest but won't be panicking in the meantime.

January has to bring a striker and Redknapp has to improve tactically, but I still expect us to be okay.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:24 - Dec 21 with 2487 viewsWestonsuperR

Where have you seen these opinions? I'd ignore them rather than getting upset about it. I thought over the 90mins this was a better performance than at Blackpool. All the stats show we were much the better team against a good Leicester side (averaging nearly 2pts a match before today) where as we were totally outplayed for the first 45 against a Blackpool side with lots of players missing and on a bad run of form.

Fans opinion is far too influenced by the result, sometimes the overall performance should be considered if you want an overall perspective of how well we are playing.
Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:24 - Dec 21 with 2487 viewsYorkRanger

Agree with the OP. As usual lots of nonsense on here after a defeat or draw.

My view comes from the armchair today.

First half we played very well and created 4 or 5 very good chances. We got caught by a routé one sucker punch.

Second half I didn't think we did enough, partly because I think we tried to move the ball from back to front too quickly and that didn't suit us, often resulting in the loss of possession.

Barton is Barton. He has played well this season, but he has a very short fuse and he is always likely to lose it at some point and have a rush of blood. Nothing has changed and he will come back.

The wheels haven't come off. It is a long season, we are second in the table, well placed to push on and we will lose games now and then.

As for Yossi, for the short period he was on he looked sound enough. I saw one comment criticising him for being out muscled by the Leicester second half, absolutely ridiculous.

Keep the faith
Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2471 viewsAgedR

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:17 - Dec 21 by Juzzie

Does my head in how people cry for the managers head, slag off players etc. We're 2nd, not 2nd bottom ffs.

I suppose they'll all be as happy as a pig in sh@t if we win at Forest?

Our bench today included Benayon, Onuahu, Hoilett and Jenas.

Other teams can only dream of this.

We have by far the strongest squad. Due to Harry and cash.

We should go up, if not then we can start questioning the management

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Massive overreaction from today's game on 19:41 - Dec 21 with 2324 viewskropotkin41

Massive overreaction from today's game on 17:20 - Dec 21 by THEBUSH

OK, you think we've been really lucky, so without all this luck, what position in the league should we really be, iyo ?

Yes, I think we've been lucky. I reckon that but for a hair's breadth we could be on easily ten or a dozen less points, maybe more. Counter-factual I know, but that's the way I feel.

I'm not saying that we haven't got a great squad, I just don't think we're seeing the results, not least in goals scored, that we should be seeing.

Time will tell, I hope this amazingly high quality squad suddenly clicks and we are the ones who are on a run of seven or eight wins. I just don't think we have clicked yet really........... a tight defence is lovely but Leicester proved the obvious today, one goal and shut up shop, 11 behind the ball, and we looked toothless. We were top of the league and their goalie had probably the easiest game he'll have all season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Massive overreaction from today's game on 19:59 - Dec 21 with 2288 viewsthemodfather

thing is we missed our chances, 3 were golden.two were philipps and the other o'neil, i can't recall the 3rd....blame the ref, well cmon, he lost control of a sodding squirrel!! let leics foul endlessly but they scored with their only shot of the 1st half, then a defected shot hit the bar...leicester worked HARDER THAN QPR, ekotto would be world class if he ever showed intent, simmo was lame today....but they wanted it more.
not one decent chance we made fell to austin and we had no other forward on the bench.
Massive overreaction from today's game on 21:28 - Dec 21 with 2216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Reading the threads since full-time, I have established that we need to replace our goalie, our left back, a centre back, one winger, three midfielders, our manager and all of our fans. And play five up front and drop the ball on them from a passing Zeppelin.

No panic on here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Massive overreaction from today's game on 08:14 - Dec 22 with 2012 viewsRanger78

I agree I do think there has been a massive over reaction today.

It wasn't fun to watch, Leicester played the perfect away performance, basically what we try to do most games. It's very boring but often works.

My biggest concern is still only having one striker. We just didn't have enough in the box. It's not realistic to expect Austin to do it every week. We missed chances, sadly that happens but we just didn't have enough support in the box / forward areas to create more in the 2nd half.

I find it impossible to understand how such an expensively assembled squad can have only 1 striker. I also cannot understand how we signed Chevaron and didn't even use him to give Austin a rest for the last minutes of games we were winning??
[Post edited 22 Dec 2013 8:14]
Massive overreaction from today's game on 08:20 - Dec 22 with 1999 viewsJonDoeman

Massive overreaction from today's game on 21:28 - Dec 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Reading the threads since full-time, I have established that we need to replace our goalie, our left back, a centre back, one winger, three midfielders, our manager and all of our fans. And play five up front and drop the ball on them from a passing Zeppelin.

No panic on here.

It Is What It Is !!

Massive overreaction from today's game on 09:28 - Dec 22 with 1876 viewsPey

Massive overreaction from today's game on 08:14 - Dec 22 by Ranger78

I agree I do think there has been a massive over reaction today.

It wasn't fun to watch, Leicester played the perfect away performance, basically what we try to do most games. It's very boring but often works.

My biggest concern is still only having one striker. We just didn't have enough in the box. It's not realistic to expect Austin to do it every week. We missed chances, sadly that happens but we just didn't have enough support in the box / forward areas to create more in the 2nd half.

I find it impossible to understand how such an expensively assembled squad can have only 1 striker. I also cannot understand how we signed Chevaron and didn't even use him to give Austin a rest for the last minutes of games we were winning??
[Post edited 22 Dec 2013 8:14]

Very much agree with this, it's quite annoying we have only 1 fit striker cause this game was crying out for throwing in another striker.
We could only submit another midfield player and thats due to Arry selections and tactics, offering Jenas, Henry and Benayoun all a place on the bench instead of Chevaton a striker.
That's something no one can't deny.

Feel sorry for Austin, he looks tired , it's impossible to do things on his own all the time and i am worrying Ary will rely on the return of Bobby during the transfer period and we have no other plan in line for adding strikers to the squad.

Hope Arry can balance the squad more in January.
Massive overreaction from today's game on 09:47 - Dec 22 with 1862 viewsCHUBBS

Ridiculous over reaction as we played well but didn't take our chances.
They are a decent side but besides a few 2nd half chances were not as good as us.
We need to lower our expectations stop moaning and get behind the team.
Massive overreaction from today's game on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 1740 viewslondonscottish

Massive overreaction from today's game on 09:47 - Dec 22 by CHUBBS

Ridiculous over reaction as we played well but didn't take our chances.
They are a decent side but besides a few 2nd half chances were not as good as us.
We need to lower our expectations stop moaning and get behind the team.

Exactly. I took a Leicester mate and to him it was a smash and grab.

Apart from the one (successful) attempt on goal in the first half it was more Rangers than anything else as far as he was concerned,

In the 2nd they were more in it but again Rangers created far more chances.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024