Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham 17:34 - Sep 26 with 2162 viewsAntti_Heinola

Total humiliation. Stand by.

1. Chris Ramsey. I've no doubt been called a 'happy clapper' or other such nonsense, but the truth is I'm always willing to give managers a fair chance (with the exception of Redknapp, but that was more personal than anything). I tend to stick with managers until very close to the bitter end and usually the moment I think it's time for a manager to go, he goes pretty soon afterwards. QPR fans have become addicted to believing success is another managerial appointment away - the fact is, since Holloway left around a decade ago, only Warnock last lasted even close to two years - the constant changes have done us no real favours and have frequently left us with bloated, expensive squads. Success is demanded, and for a lot of fans they want it pretty much immediately with no hiccups. Or that's how it feels. But I always want to give managers a chance and the benefit of the doubt. So I certainly don't think the time has come to replace Ramsey - but at the same time, if we get something like that utter bullsh!t again in the near future, I can't see him lasting.

Because this was beyond poor. This was utterly humiliating. I could take drubbings at the end of last season with a squad full of players who knew they were leaving and probably didn't care much anyway. I could take teething problems at the start of the season and games where things don't quite go right. I'm willing to accept defeats because I want to look more long term and have the reasonable opinion that there was huge change in the summer and that change will not have immediate effects. The club Les is trying to help build will not appear over night, in three months, or even in a year. It will take years. But as long as I can see progress, effort, signs that things are moving along, and some entertainment, I'm happy. For now.

But last night was an abomination. It was awful, dreadful, without a single, tiny redeeming factor. It was a disgrace from everyone involved from start to finish. That has to be laid at Ramsey's door. He has a good squad with good, experienced players who just won a decent point at Hull. There was absolutely no excuse for that last night. It was embarrassing. And the players looked suitably embarrassed at the end.

2. Collective Responsibility. I class that performance as one of the worst I have ever seen from a QPR side. Top 10, maybe top 5. And the reason for that is that even in the worst drubbings you can usually point to one or two players and say 'well at least they tried - at least they put a shift in, at least they did their job, even if no one else did.' Last night not a single player, to my mind, scored better than 4/10. Right through the team we looked off the pace, at times disinterested, at others completely lost, bereft and shellshocked. Not a single player took responsibility out there. Some outright hid, especially in the second half. So while the blame has to be laid at Ramsey's door as coach, and for how slow we were to start (not that we ever really started), every single player must take blame too. It was pathetic.

Of course, Ramsey might say what chance does he have when Green drops the ball again or Faurlin gifts a second goal with an awful pass, or the entire defence decides to give McCormack the freedom of the penalty area for the third, or Perch puts in a pussy of a challenge when trying to stop the fourth goal, but the fact remains: we concede on average more than 2 goals per game. And it is not getting better. Our defending, both as a team and the back four, is now at crisis point. We gift goals every week. This has to be rectified.

3. The Chery sub. This to me showed Ramsey panicking and showed inexperience. I hate accusing any manager of naivety. It's ludicrously patronising coming from any fan and managers/coaches usually make decisions with good intentions at heart and for what they see as good reasons. But this was dreadful man-management.

We were 3-0 down. Barring a Port Vale-sized miracle, the game was over. At 2-0 he should have changed things tactically, probably dropping Luongo and Phillips back deeper and playing Chery off Austin to try and get more compact and compress the spaces between the lines. He didn't. He did nothing until he decided to haul off Chery, on TV, after just half an hour, and without changing the shape. That was needlessly humiliating. It wasn't going to change anything and could certainly have waited until half time. I don't doubt that the reasons were right - Mackie's energy, his ability and willingness to track back would certainly help. But it was needless. And it got what it deserved - we still got thrashed and on top of that you have a player not happy with his coach.

Chery had not even had a particularly bad game (compared to everyone else) - Ramsey said he wasn't doing his job, but who was? Picking him out of that lot was unfair. Having said that, Chery should have stayed on the bench and showed solidarity with his team-mates. Even then, Ramsey compounded his error by telling Incenzo he had acted 'appallingly' and would be dealt with. A 'no comment' would have been far wiser. Or even better, a cover up saying he'd told him to get a shower, but still dealt with it behind closed doors. All in all, Ramsey's worst 45 minutes of football by some distance.

4. Phillips. Is slowly, seemingly, heading back to his pre-Ramsey days. He did try last night, but nothing came off. Even his usually reliable crossing was diabolical. He couldn't beat his full back. His relationship with Perch is almost non-existent, with neither making decent runs or angles for the other. Needs to buck his ideas up - we'll need him to take responsibility with no Austin or Polter.

5. Faurlin. It was a shame he had to be at fault for the second goal because actually at 1-0 he had started playing some nice balls and we were using him as the fulcrum and I thought we were well in the game. But that pass was a real killer - both to him and the team. You could tell it affected him badly. He found himself a bit in the second half as he forlornly toiled to try and make up for his error, but it was a game to forget for him (as it was for everyone). At least, though, he kept going. Henry's complete absence from the second half was unforgivable, even allowing for the fact he was shoved out on the left.

6. Positives. Normally after games like this, about 24 hours after everyone's vented their spleen you get a brave poster starting a thread with a title like 'positives' or 'perspective'. Perhaps sometimes that's even me. But not this time. There was not a single positive from last night, other than the walk along the river with a beer before the massacre was nice and, eventually, the game did actually end. I hope I don't witness another gutless, pathetic display like that for a long, long time.

This feels like a big moment for Ramsey. Either the chips are down, everyone rallies behind the coach, he takes a long hard look at his methods and tactics and team selections, and we come out and win against Bolton and keep a clean sheet and start again. Or the same poor form continues (Hull apart) and Ramsey will start to hear his name being chanted from the stands a little more loudly than it was last night, alongside the words 'we' 'want' and 'out'.

Totally, completely, unacceptable, gutless tripe. Perhaps the worst thing was that while Fulham played well and fully deserved to win, probably by more, I at no point thought to myself 'blimey, this lot are good! They might do well this season!'

[Post edited 26 Sep 2015 17:37]

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 17:40 - Sep 26 with 2124 viewsDiscodroids

6. Positives. Normally after games like this, about 24 hours after everyone's vented their spleen you get a brave poster starting a thread with a title like 'positives' or 'perspective'. Perhaps sometimes that's even me. But not this time. There was not a single positive from last night, other than the walk along the river with a beer before the massacre was nice and, eventually, the game did actually end. I hope I don't witness another gutless, pathetic display like that for a long, long time.

FU CKING AMEN.

This c unt means business. Beautiful. Purple heart job.

Total dereliction of duty by the players under Colonel kurtz Ramfukker
[Post edited 26 Sep 2015 17:47]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 17:45 - Sep 26 with 2099 views1BobbyHazell

Excellent Antti, can't disagree with a single word of it.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 2070 viewsjohncharles

Good summing up Anti. I might add, where was Green when all this was happening ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:02 - Sep 26 with 2027 viewsozexile

Excellent summary
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:05 - Sep 26 with 2010 viewsJonDoeman

"Our defending, both as a team and the back four, is now at crisis point. We gift goals every week. This has to be rectified. "

I'm not sure Ramsey has a clue how to even start to rectify it, its needed rectifying from the very start of his reign .

It Is What It Is !!

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:10 - Sep 26 with 1988 viewsBushman

Positive

Ferr looked quality even amogst the rest of the bagofshite

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:15 - Sep 26 with 1975 viewsvegasranger

Good report Antti but I'm surprised you and others haven't really commented on the Charlie substitution. You're losing badly, your only striker goes off and you bring on a defensive midfielder?!!!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2015 18:16]
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:17 - Sep 26 with 1968 viewsvegasranger

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:10 - Sep 26 by Bushman

Positive

Ferr looked quality even amogst the rest of the bagofshite

I thought he looked slightly unfit and confused with the system.
Login to get fewer ads

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:25 - Sep 26 with 1930 viewsbosh67

Excellent review.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:42 - Sep 26 with 1868 viewskensalriser

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:15 - Sep 26 by vegasranger

Good report Antti but I'm surprised you and others haven't really commented on the Charlie substitution. You're losing badly, your only striker goes off and you bring on a defensive midfielder?!!!

Worse - he was already bringing on Toszer and Austin's injury seemingly made no change.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:54 - Sep 26 with 1834 viewseastside_r

Thanks Antti.

I always look forward to these. Can't say I disagree with any of that.

Just out of interest does anyone who watched on TV think Konchesky was badly caught out for the fourth. My view at the game wasn't the best................in that it was facing the pitch.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:55 - Sep 26 with 1833 viewsCHUBBS

The worrying thing about his time as manager are the amount of shocking defensive displays that's are racking up.
We could have lost by seven or eight last night against a very average team and manager we made look outstanding.
Of course as supporters we'd all like to see him turn it around but I just can't see it.
If he's still our manager come the seasons end I'll be surprised.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:02 - Sep 26 with 1794 viewsAntti_Heinola

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:15 - Sep 26 by vegasranger

i've only got 6 knee jerks mate! I could've done 20!

was there anyone else though? Gladwin?

Bare bones.

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:05 - Sep 26 with 1782 viewsvegasranger

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 18:54 - Sep 26 by eastside_r

Thanks Antti.

I always look forward to these. Can't say I disagree with any of that.

Just out of interest does anyone who watched on TV think Konchesky was badly caught out for the fourth. My view at the game wasn't the best................in that it was facing the pitch.

What I remember of it, Konchesky was drawn forward and Tozer didn't track his man into the vacant lb spot.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 1733 viewsWokingR

Well done Antti
Usually when I read this I'm with you 80-90% but there is always somewhere our views differ
On this occasion I agree with every single word
You've certainly saved Clive a job as, apart from calling them all f*cktards, there is little more to add
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:25 - Sep 26 with 1723 viewsessextaxiboy

Very fair Antti ,
You could have turned and piled into him after that
A night to forget , beat Bolton , get a couple of loans in and try to get a run going after the International break .

Thats my take on it anyway
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:39 - Sep 26 with 1694 viewswestberksr

great summary Antti

sort of watched it in the pub, but without any volume and having missed the first 15 minutes soon lost interest so appreciate to sticking with it to the end.

happened to be a Foolham fan watching too and he viewed me with a touch of concern given my expression after the second went in. but a chat ensued and it turned out the rest of his family were Scum fans, so he had immediately gone up in my estimations by not going to the darkside.

by the end we were best of chums and after that the only thing I remember is the headache this morning; although apparently i did take over the juke box and go large on the house tunes.
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 20:30 - Sep 26 with 1602 viewsterryb

Antti,

How the hell did you manage to write that?

I didn't pay to see it last night (unless you count the Sky subsprition) but it was truly woeful! Therefore, having endured the extra cost,being able to post such a good summary is truly incredible.

I have refused to read anything on any board until the knee jerks appeared, other than how Chesham United were doing today in the FA Cup!

I'm not sure that any player or part of the management deserved more than a score of 3/10. It may have been different had Green not dropped the ball from a corner (far worse than the one by Smithies) for the first goal, Luongo had scored to make it 1-1, this being closely followed by Faurlin stupidly trying to play a pass to Henry & underhitting it.

However, from the first minute, we looked doomed to be heavily beaten. The lasting memory to me is watching Henry being moved to play on the left side of midfield!

I would like to see many changes for next Saturday (most not possible) but PLEASE play Hall at the back . I don't care which of the two is left out for him, but where we may argue about who is the better player in other positions, Hall is our best defender. PLAY HIM!
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 20:32 - Sep 26 with 1600 viewsGetMeRangers

As usual, superb. The only thing i will add, is that despite the shower on the pitch, the fans were amazing. Although they turned at times in the second half, most of it was good natured

Should never let a game ruin a day (evening) out, so, at least for me, the pre and post match drinks made up for it. Oh, and sitting behind and meeting Northern. :)
Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 20:49 - Sep 26 with 1561 viewsHooparoo

Agree with all that Antti. For me, the only positive was the away fans who I could clearly hear singing loud and proud even though I was watching on the telly thousands of miles away.

The only thing that made me proud.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 1507 viewsMedwayR

Antti's 6 Knee Jerks - Fulham on 19:05 - Sep 26 by vegasranger

What I remember of it, Konchesky was drawn forward and Tozer didn't track his man into the vacant lb spot.

Konchesky was also carrying an injury after someone caught him down the back of his leg with their studs.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024