Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? 20:37 - Jan 1 with 9820 viewsEsox_Lucius

Given the free scoring abilities of the U 23's and the style they play I would like to see a side consisting of..
1. Lumley
2. Furlong
3. Hamailainen
4. Phillips
5. Paul
6. Chair
7. Shodipo
8. Manning
9. Eze (if back) or Oteh
10. Smyth
11. Tilt
Bench:
Smithies
Lynch
Hall
Wheeler
Osayi-Samuel
Goss
With some decent preparation and a game plan I feel this would be good enough to see of a (currently) poor MK Dons side and give the fans an opportunity to see just how good some of our youngsters are.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 20:40]

The grass is always greener.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 20:41 - Jan 1 with 4844 viewsLongsufferingR

Smithies

Smiffy Smithers Smythe Smudger

Smithson McSmith O'Smith O'Smythe

Smyth Smith
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 4817 viewsenfieldargh

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 20:41 - Jan 1 by LongsufferingR

Smithies

Smiffy Smithers Smythe Smudger

Smithson McSmith O'Smith O'Smythe

Smyth Smith

we need to sign Naismith in the TW

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 4793 viewskarl

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 20:46 - Jan 1 by enfieldargh

we need to sign Naismith in the TW

We can't have a team with Nae Smiths in it!
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 4703 viewsichbinnaughty

Lumley
Furlong Hall Lynch Hamalainen
Smyth Borysciuk Manning Shodipo
Sylla Eze
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:02 - Jan 1 with 4674 viewsBrianMcCarthy

--------------Smithies
-----Baptiste Ned Robbo
Pawel------Scowen-----Bidwell
--------Luongo Freeman
----------Smyth Smith

Give Hall some more time to recover, Pawel in for Cousins. Otherwise, let's go.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:06 - Jan 1 with 4659 viewsDorse

Esox - if Ollie names that side, he'll kill half the fanbase from either heart attacks, brain aneurysms or rush of blood to the dick.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:07 - Jan 1 with 4658 viewsozranger

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:02 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

--------------Smithies
-----Baptiste Ned Robbo
Pawel------Scowen-----Bidwell
--------Luongo Freeman
----------Smyth Smith

Give Hall some more time to recover, Pawel in for Cousins. Otherwise, let's go.

Luongo will be rested. 100%. He's been out of sorts the past few games and needs a break.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:12 - Jan 1 with 4636 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:07 - Jan 1 by ozranger

Luongo will be rested. 100%. He's been out of sorts the past few games and needs a break.

I thought he was ok today. His passing was off a bit in the first half but his movement, tackling and showing for the ball were all very good. He has an intelligence that the others don't have. Freeman has instinct and great feet, Scowen has positioning and coolness, manning has the potential to pick up these traits plus a savage workrate but Luongo has intelligence and can run a game in the central area. I'd play him and tell him whatever was told to him at half-time today because that chat relaxed him.

Login to get fewer ads

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:12 - Jan 1 with 4636 viewskarl

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 22:07 - Jan 1 by ozranger

Hopefully he keeps the basis of the league team so we might see some consistency develop. With Luongo having his extra international travelling then possibly accept that as a valid position to rest him
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 23:33 - Jan 1 with 4478 viewsCheshireR

I have no doubt that several youngsters will get a game, but a good balance of experience and youth should be the priority.
Lumley, Furlong, Phillips, Manning, Smyth, Osayi-Samuel, Chair and Oteh all to get game time. Add Eze to the list if available.
Olly should ignore any temptation to field a team totally devoid of experience.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 08:45 - Jan 2 with 4255 viewsTheChef

Can we just play our strongest possible team please? Rather than giving fringe players a chance 'to stake a claim in the starting eleven'? Cos they never fvckin do.

I expect Olly's tombola is being cranked up to hyperdrive as we speak...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 08:54 - Jan 2 with 4235 viewsDorse

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 08:45 - Jan 2 by TheChef

Can we just play our strongest possible team please? Rather than giving fringe players a chance 'to stake a claim in the starting eleven'? Cos they never fvckin do.

I expect Olly's tombola is being cranked up to hyperdrive as we speak...

'Alright lads, eyes down! .... All the threes - Alex Smithies!.... Big Ben's bong - it's Darnell Furlong! ... Next up, Fackinell - Jake Bidwell...'

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 08:59 - Jan 2 with 4227 viewssmegma

Seeing as they've missed a lot of games, I'd start with Hall and Onuoha in central defence. I'd give Hamalainen a go at left back as he's reached a point where he is not learning anything at u23 level. Ditto Furlong. Midfield, I'd retain Scowen and maybe call in Goss for his passing with Pavel and Shodipo wide with the Smith/Smyth partnership up front. Lumley in goal to complete the XI.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:14 - Jan 2 with 4136 viewsTheChef

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 08:59 - Jan 2 by smegma

Seeing as they've missed a lot of games, I'd start with Hall and Onuoha in central defence. I'd give Hamalainen a go at left back as he's reached a point where he is not learning anything at u23 level. Ditto Furlong. Midfield, I'd retain Scowen and maybe call in Goss for his passing with Pavel and Shodipo wide with the Smith/Smyth partnership up front. Lumley in goal to complete the XI.

Thought Fulrong was still injured?

Nailed on that Lumley will get a start.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:27 - Jan 2 with 4110 viewspaulparker

How about we start the same team that beat Cardiff and actually go out and beat this sh1t team and hopefully get a west ham or an Arsenal in the next round
smithies is not tired or injured so why play Lumley ? , making stupid wholesale changes has never worked for us before so why start doing it on Saturday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:42 - Jan 2 with 4091 viewsNorthernr

Strongest possible team please. Sick of this attitude to cup competitions. Rested all those players for Brentford, got turned over, lost the next league game anyway.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:46 - Jan 2 with 4071 viewsted_hendrix

i'm looking forward to this game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:48 - Jan 2 with 4058 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:42 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Strongest possible team please. Sick of this attitude to cup competitions. Rested all those players for Brentford, got turned over, lost the next league game anyway.

Exactly.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 4026 viewsToast_R

Just play the best team on Saturday and beat those MK tw@ts. Holloway will be doing himself no favours at all losing this match. Pissing on the fans dreams and making the club a laughing stock. If he fields a weakned team and loses, he best go on some amazing run of league results.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:02 - Jan 2 with 4012 viewsDorse

One of these days, someone in the management will cotton onto this. Momentum (not the Corbyn one) is vital in football: all the good feeling from the Cardiff match will be utterly pissed away if we go out in the third round for the 49th year in succession. Furthermore, it gives the usual suspects another chance to take aim at Ollie, Birch, Evil Les, Hoos, Jasper Clinkscales, the kit monitorer, Connor in the box office, Spark / Jude, Forever Rs (for not inducting Mark Dennis and Gus Caesar) and, of course, official club knitwear ambassador Chris Ramsey. It is boring.

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:08 - Jan 2 with 3996 viewsqprd

Fair play, but Luongo needs the next 2 weeks off.

Wingbacks + 2 strikers means Luongo is doing a ton of running in midfield.

He never misses a match, rarely gets subbed off and on top of that, he has his Australia duties- most recently, he flew across the world thrice in a week, first to Honduras, then Sydney, then back to London; he started the next match against Villa.

Cousins and Manning can do a job
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 11:10]
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 3964 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

But it isn't mainly about resting the first teamers, is it?

It's mainly about the complications of managing a squad. Giving an opportunity to squad players in a game where the pressure is off the manager to some extent. Which is why 80-90% of Championship managers play a team with 7 - 11 changes.

Seems to me that most fans know the score and those that don't are p*ssing in the wind.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:51 - Jan 2 with 3884 viewsJuzzie

Personally I'd like to see a strongest XI as possible but I've no problem with the youngsters being given a run out but let's not froth at the mouth if we lose the game as a result.
Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 3873 viewsaston_hoop

Full strength but with Furlong at RWB. I'd like to see that in the league anyway so might as well start there.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 12:05 - Jan 2 with 3842 viewsTheChef

Side to play MK Dons in FA Cup? on 11:02 - Jan 2 by Dorse

One of these days, someone in the management will cotton onto this. Momentum (not the Corbyn one) is vital in football: all the good feeling from the Cardiff match will be utterly pissed away if we go out in the third round for the 49th year in succession. Furthermore, it gives the usual suspects another chance to take aim at Ollie, Birch, Evil Les, Hoos, Jasper Clinkscales, the kit monitorer, Connor in the box office, Spark / Jude, Forever Rs (for not inducting Mark Dennis and Gus Caesar) and, of course, official club knitwear ambassador Chris Ramsey. It is boring.

Connor in the box office - of course, it was him all along!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024