Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman. 15:14 - Mar 15 with 4073 viewsconnell10

Start Saturday or on the bench? I'd keep the team the same as the one that started at Villa.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman. on 01:48 - Mar 16 with 3917 viewstimcocking

It's a very tough call.

It seems they're both clearly most effective in the number 10. Unless Freeman is prepared to play down the left, which he obviously wouldn't be happy with, doesn't seem easy to play them both. Seems wrong to have Luke Freeman on the bench again though. I'd be fcuking pissed off with that if i was Freeman and i'd be letting it known. He's been head and shoulders above everybody else. They could rest him for a match, but i don't see it's acceptable to drop him really. That's guaranteed to alienate our best performer immediately. He even scored don't forget.
Freeman. on 07:09 - Mar 16 with 3871 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

I honestly would leave him on the bench. I get the feeling he will be going in the summer. Sadly we need to be buying and selling players like Freeman. Let Eze get a few games get him ready for next season
Freeman. on 08:04 - Mar 16 with 3818 viewsWokingR

Freeman. on 07:09 - Mar 16 by BlueandWhiteRiot

I honestly would leave him on the bench. I get the feeling he will be going in the summer. Sadly we need to be buying and selling players like Freeman. Let Eze get a few games get him ready for next season

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Freeman that highly?
Yes, I know he is the only source of creativity we have but it is always done so slowly and he just comes across as a bit soft.
Manning is young and raw but what he does seems more instinctive and with a bit more fire in his belly.
Freeman. on 08:15 - Mar 16 with 3792 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Freeman. on 08:04 - Mar 16 by WokingR

Yes, I know he is the only source of creativity we have but it is always done so slowly and he just comes across as a bit soft.
Manning is young and raw but what he does seems more instinctive and with a bit more fire in his belly.

Top assister in the Championship up until Christmas, and still third top assister in division today.

He is responsible for a quarter of all our goals.

And all for a cut price £300k.

Not sure what else he has to do get your approval!

http://www.worldfootball.net/assists/eng-championship-2017-2018/
Freeman. on 08:21 - Mar 16 with 3773 viewsTheChef

Nice problem to have for once.

I'd keep the same team that started at Villa.

Cue 5-0 defeat.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Freeman. on 08:25 - Mar 16 with 3765 viewssimmo

"Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Freeman that highly?"

Yes. His form fluctuates between excellent and good but his delivery and set pieces are one of the main reasons we're still going to be in this league next season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman. on 08:37 - Mar 16 with 3733 viewsenfieldargh

Freeman. on 08:25 - Mar 16 by simmo

"Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Freeman that highly?"

Yes. His form fluctuates between excellent and good but his delivery and set pieces are one of the main reasons we're still going to be in this league next season.

Agree but I would like to see him improve other sides to his game to make him a more complete player, how dont ask me.

No one is undropable, a player doesn't keep up to his usual performance level should be put on the bench to give others an opportunity. If that opportunity is taken then thats good for the team.

Dougherty got a chance(albeit brief) last season and didnt take it.

Freeman will take it on the chin and force his way back in when another doesnt perform. Eze deserves his place for now, and also game changing tactics will come into things when Freeman comes on. He makes his mark he's back in. Its the way things used to work.

Freeman scored at Villa, only saw him and his teammates celebrating together and no sign of Freeman giving Olly the eyes

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Freeman. on 08:46 - Mar 16 with 3713 viewsBlackCrowe

When he has an off game, he's good and when he's on it, he's our best player by a mile.

Genuine hard working creative talent with an infectious enthusiasm and great attitude. He would be the player i'd be saddest to see leave.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman. on 09:43 - Mar 16 with 3627 views1JD

I can see where you are coming from Woking. For the last 10 games or so, he has started to overplay and ultimately slow things down, trying to do it all himself, perhaps as a result of the 3-5-2 formation where he is meant to be the key “extra” man and he was feeling the need to do everything and get us going.

It makes him, and more importantly the team, less effective, the longer he holds onto the ball. There been several passes on which he is not executing and play is breaking down.

However, he is an excellent player, and has been highly efffective for us on the whole. I think he will really benefit from having quick thinking, ball players, like Eze, and pace, skill and movement from Smyth going forwards, surrounded by better quality, and therefore, playing a quicker overall game
Freeman. on 09:45 - Mar 16 with 3621 viewssimmo

Freeman. on 08:37 - Mar 16 by enfieldargh

Agree but I would like to see him improve other sides to his game to make him a more complete player, how dont ask me.

No one is undropable, a player doesn't keep up to his usual performance level should be put on the bench to give others an opportunity. If that opportunity is taken then thats good for the team.

Freeman will take it on the chin and force his way back in when another doesnt perform. Eze deserves his place for now, and also game changing tactics will come into things when Freeman comes on. He makes his mark he's back in. Its the way things used to work.

Freeman scored at Villa, only saw him and his teammates celebrating together and no sign of Freeman giving Olly the eyes

Freeman not only attacks well (and with end product), but he hassles, harries, presses and chases back to do his defensive duties - hence why he has so many yellow cards. He does the hard yards as well as the fancy stuff so I'm not sure which other aspects of his game you're suggesting he works on.

For me, if I'm being picky, he could sometimes move the ball on quicker and of course we'd love for him to score a bit more. But considering even when he holds onto the ball he usually then makes the right decision (11 assists) and he also has 1 less goal than Washington this season (5), even those points are not major problems that need addressing.

As for Freeman or Eze, I would prefer to play both and think it can work. I do think we lose something with Freeman out on the wing but he still works well there and a lot of his assists have come from when he's moved out wide.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman. on 09:48 - Mar 16 with 3615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd play him.

If he was on the bench against Villa mostly to avoid a yellow card for the Fulham game, as the comms team indicated, then he should play in the Fulham game.

The tactics will be different for Fulham so the team will probably be different anyway.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman. on 09:50 - Mar 16 with 3614 viewsbosh67

Freeman. on 08:21 - Mar 16 by TheChef

Nice problem to have for once.

I'd keep the same team that started at Villa.

Cue 5-0 defeat.

Yes this is a bit of a worry for me too. The team played so well against Villa that you can just see the same exact side falling apart against Fulham.
I would still be tempted to try the same team and bring Freeman on if needed. Freeman has played a lot of games and we will certainly need him for the run in. I am a bit concerned about Scowen because again he has played so many games but we do need a yapping dog to close Fulham down. My fear is down our left with this team and I think Pav and Furlong will really have to be on their game.

I also fear he will be sold in the summer after a really impressive summer. I really like him. Big talent with some flaws but a step above most others.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman. on 10:02 - Mar 16 with 3590 viewsWestbourneR

Freeman is great. A spiky live-wire of player with great feet and incredible set piece delivery. If he's not being rested after playing so many games then he needs to start. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

That said his strength is not passing and controlling tempo. We've sorely lacked someone who can look composed on the ball in the middle of the park and keep possession. Really that player should be one of the midfield three but none of them, including Freeman, have that game.

So it's fallen to the feet of Eze at number 10 and he did it extremely well at Villa.

For the moment, that puts Freeman on the left wing for me. And I'd have a long look at Manning getting Luongo's shirt in central midfield for a game or two.

Ultimately though it might be a case of Eze playing wide let but cutting in his right as an inside forward (did this a bit at Wycombe didn't he?) and Freeman playing at number 10.

Good problems to have.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Freeman. on 10:57 - Mar 16 with 3524 viewsRBlock

Given that our rat is out tomorrow, I'd move Manning back to do the ratting, and send Freeman out wide.
Freeman. on 12:39 - Mar 16 with 3452 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Utterly ridiculous how in the same week people are going overboard about Ned yet are questioning Luke. Freeman who has without doubt been one of our best, if not the best, player this season.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:37]
Freeman. on 18:02 - Mar 16 with 3274 views1JD

Freeman. on 10:02 - Mar 16 by WestbourneR

Freeman is great. A spiky live-wire of player with great feet and incredible set piece delivery. If he's not being rested after playing so many games then he needs to start. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

That said his strength is not passing and controlling tempo. We've sorely lacked someone who can look composed on the ball in the middle of the park and keep possession. Really that player should be one of the midfield three but none of them, including Freeman, have that game.

So it's fallen to the feet of Eze at number 10 and he did it extremely well at Villa.

For the moment, that puts Freeman on the left wing for me. And I'd have a long look at Manning getting Luongo's shirt in central midfield for a game or two.

Ultimately though it might be a case of Eze playing wide let but cutting in his right as an inside forward (did this a bit at Wycombe didn't he?) and Freeman playing at number 10.

Good problems to have.

Westbourne, agree that Freeman needs to play and I’d have him at left mid for his excellent wide delivery. Also agree that none of the midfield three are ball players capable of dictating possession and play. Which is a big problem for us. Or has been. Eze now being the difference. Manning also has it in his locker as shown with his passing game last season.

Wycombe play a 4-3-3 and have done all season- I often go as it’s my hometown club. Eze never played inside forward cutting in on his right, he was always part of the midfield 3, playing ahead of the 2 defensive centre mids in a 10 role. Which left them bloody open as the wing forwards played high up! Hence loads of goals for and against down at Adams Park this season
Freeman. on 20:38 - Mar 16 with 3192 viewsderbyhoop

Freeman. on 10:57 - Mar 16 by RBlock

Given that our rat is out tomorrow, I'd move Manning back to do the ratting, and send Freeman out wide.

ANy decision about Freeman's inclusion has surely been taken away if Scowen is missing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Freeman. on 01:10 - Mar 17 with 3085 viewstimcocking

Probably. Freeman has the ball control of a premier league player. He's a league above everybody else we have.

Not counting the young uns.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 1:11]
Freeman. on 01:13 - Mar 17 with 3082 viewstimcocking

Freeman. on 08:37 - Mar 16 by enfieldargh

He wouldn't take it on the chin.

He was dropped for a rest/to avoid that yellow. He might accept that.

You drop your best player who's been carrying the team all season, especially when it's a feisty individual like Freeman, and that's it, all over. Ollie isn't that stupid.

Freeman will be starting.
Freeman. on 01:34 - Mar 17 with 3072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I love a stat.

He has scored or assisted 37% of all our goals in the league this season.

I believe in freedom of opinion and everything, but if you doubt him you are fcking mental.
Freeman. on 01:44 - Mar 17 with 3069 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Three games in a week, I'd start same team but make changes for fresh legs earlier than usual. Horrible feeling we'll be too tired to press them hard enough to stop them simply passing around us.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Freeman. on 08:25 - Mar 17 with 2928 viewsWokingR

Freeman. on 01:34 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I love a stat.

He has scored or assisted 37% of all our goals in the league this season.

I believe in freedom of opinion and everything, but if you doubt him you are fcking mental.

Don't get me wrong it's not his ability I am questioning.
As others have mentioned though, it's the fire in his belly.
There has to be a reason why, if he's our best player, we haven't once chanted his name or given him his own song. Technically he is twice the player someone like Derry was but I would take him and chant his name over Freeman every day
For me there is just something missing
Freeman. on 09:50 - Mar 17 with 2862 viewsWestbourneR

Freeman. on 18:02 - Mar 16 by 1JD

Westbourne, agree that Freeman needs to play and I’d have him at left mid for his excellent wide delivery. Also agree that none of the midfield three are ball players capable of dictating possession and play. Which is a big problem for us. Or has been. Eze now being the difference. Manning also has it in his locker as shown with his passing game last season.

Wycombe play a 4-3-3 and have done all season- I often go as it’s my hometown club. Eze never played inside forward cutting in on his right, he was always part of the midfield 3, playing ahead of the 2 defensive centre mids in a 10 role. Which left them bloody open as the wing forwards played high up! Hence loads of goals for and against down at Adams Park this season

Cheers for that 1JD mate. Well if we ever want to go super attacking we know what we can do! Bring back the Gigi DiCanio days, I loved them.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024