Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les says we are a selling club.... 13:58 - Aug 3 with 5895 viewsconnell10

.....and the fans will have to get used to it! Good read in the Evening Standard.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Les says we are a selling club.... on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 4544 viewsJuzzie

We've always been a selling club but a few years around 2007-2014 spoiled a lot of fans who have the same "just need a couple more steller signings" thinking as Harry Redknapp.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 15:21 - Aug 3 with 4311 viewsrunningman75

Les Ferdinand signed by £30000 from Hayes and sold to Newcastle for £6 million. What has changed. Went to a wedding when QPR played Newcastle and missed his return to Loftus Road ( my dad's 3rd wedding and terrible timing).
Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:05 - Aug 3 with 4086 viewsSimonJames

Damn! I thought he said we were a "sailing club".
I was looking forward to buying a hooped sou'wester from the kit shop.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:17 - Aug 3 with 4030 viewsLblock

Les says we are a selling club.... on 14:02 - Aug 3 by Juzzie

We've always been a selling club but a few years around 2007-2014 spoiled a lot of fans who have the same "just need a couple more steller signings" thinking as Harry Redknapp.

We were and once we were bloody good at it

Not now
Now we're a giveaway club or a club that pays players off just to get their poorly researched and lazy signatures out of W12

All for the conveyer belt approach but once you sell you need to replace surely?
I'm not aware of any decent yoot options at centre back, I'd question there being a ready made yoot striker with 15 goals in their boots and other than Eze I'm not surely we're blessed with young midfield talent.

Maybe it's the heat but I'm quite flustered at our predicament currently

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:24 - Aug 3 with 3993 viewssmegma

Every club is a selling club.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:30 - Aug 3 with 3963 viewsNorthernr

Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:17 - Aug 3 by Lblock

We were and once we were bloody good at it

Not now
Now we're a giveaway club or a club that pays players off just to get their poorly researched and lazy signatures out of W12

All for the conveyer belt approach but once you sell you need to replace surely?
I'm not aware of any decent yoot options at centre back, I'd question there being a ready made yoot striker with 15 goals in their boots and other than Eze I'm not surely we're blessed with young midfield talent.

Maybe it's the heat but I'm quite flustered at our predicament currently

Does this count has your first ridiculous panic of the season?

We've just turned down a bid for Freeman.

We have Chair, Manning, Scowen, Luongo, Osayi Samuel, Eze, Hall, Cousins, Smyth and Wszolek all trying to get into five places in the team as well as Freeman.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:54 - Aug 3 with 3867 viewsdistortR

Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:30 - Aug 3 by Northernr

We have Chair, Manning, Scowen, Luongo, Osayi Samuel, Eze, Hall, Cousins, Smyth and Wszolek all trying to get into five places in the team as well as Freeman.

yeah, but apart from Chair, Manning, Scowen, Luongo, Osayi Samuel, Eze, Hall, Cousins, Smyth and Wszolek, who have we got who can play in midfield if Freeman goes?
Les says we are a selling club.... on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 3573 viewsEsox_Lucius

Could Wheeler slot in if needed?

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Les says we are a selling club.... on 21:05 - Aug 3 with 3548 viewsbosh67

If Freeman goes Manning can play that role. Hard as it would be to lose Freeman.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les says we are a selling club.... on 21:11 - Aug 3 with 3530 viewsdistortR

Les says we are a selling club.... on 21:01 - Aug 3 by Esox_Lucius

Could Wheeler slot in if needed?

well, yeah, obviously Wheeler, but apart from Wheeler, Eze, Chair, Manning etc etc
Les says we are a selling club.... on 01:51 - Aug 4 with 3164 viewstimcocking

Surely a selling club sells players as opposed to giving them away?
Les says we are a selling club.... on 06:55 - Aug 4 with 3049 viewsLblock

Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:30 - Aug 3 by Northernr

I appreciate the need for some more than others to sugar coat everything about the club and put a Tony Cinzano-esque slant on things and I also appreciate you’re a very positive person. However I disagree that there’s any panic on my part.

You’ve not mentioned Shodipo in there who I personally feel should be in the match day squad

I’d also say a squad at this level should have 10 to 12 midfielders with a couple having the ability to slot in at defence or makeshift striker.

Finally.... at least I’ve not called today’s game a must win!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Les says we are a selling club.... on 07:26 - Aug 4 with 3002 viewsNorthernr

Les says we are a selling club.... on 06:55 - Aug 4 by Lblock

I appreciate the need for some more than others to sugar coat everything about the club and put a Tony Cinzano-esque slant on things and I also appreciate you’re a very positive person. However I disagree that there’s any panic on my part.

You’ve not mentioned Shodipo in there who I personally feel should be in the match day squad

I’d also say a squad at this level should have 10 to 12 midfielders with a couple having the ability to slot in at defence or makeshift striker.

That is literally the first time in my entire life I’ve been called a positive person. I’m very pessimistic about this season, but your meltdowns are hilarious.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 08:21 - Aug 4 with 2919 viewskropotkin41

Les says we are a selling club.... on 07:26 - Aug 4 by Northernr

That is literally the first time in my entire life I’ve been called a positive person. I’m very pessimistic about this season, but your meltdowns are hilarious.

I hadn't noticed that you were being very pessimistic. You haven't said we're going down or anything, have you? I don't even count anything that doesn't involve ending up in League 1 as pessimism.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Les says we are a selling club.... on 11:36 - Aug 5 with 2560 viewsPinnerPaul

Well all the others must be doing it wrong then - no club has 12 midfielders in their squad.

Last season nearly every game, our squad was bigger than our opponents.

More and more players is NOT the answer.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 2422 viewsfrancisbowles

So saving that 'must win' for next week?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 14:50]
Les says we are a selling club.... on 15:29 - Aug 5 with 2336 viewsNW5Hoop

Les says we are a selling club.... on 11:36 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

Well all the others must be doing it wrong then - no club has 12 midfielders in their squad.

I'm pretty sure that this season the club are going to sell the entire first team squad to Chelsea for a handful of magic beans. I think they'll put spikes in the middle of our seats, so every time we sit down we get severe rectal injuries. Pretty sure we'll get delivered a batch of pies infected with the deadly ebola virus, which will kill all the home fans when Brentford come to Loftus Road (a game Brentford will win 4-3 with four goals in injury time, in front of 13,000 corpses and 2,000 cheering Brentford fans). Then QPR will be revealed to be a front for ISIS, and the fans who didn't die of ebola will be rounded up in internment camps and kept imprisoned without trial for the rest of their lives.

Despite all that, we'll come top of the table, only to suffer and 80-point deduction on the final day of the season, owing to the health and safety breach with the pies.

Is that pessimistic enough?
Les says we are a selling club.... on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 2268 viewspaulparker

Les says we are a selling club.... on 11:36 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

It’s alright having 12 midfielders but they are all inconsistent and a bit flakey imo
we have no backbone and no nasty players to influence refs or put the foot in if needs be
I love les and I’ve never knocked him, but the pitiful and I men pitiful money we got for smithies was a joke , lee hoos can talk bollox all he likes but he would have been better off here , we have bought in a German 2nd division cb And seem to have everything pinned on sainsbury joining And I bet he goes elsewhere , where are the other targets? Where is this list of 3 players for each position we said we had ? Blackburn have done better business than us
I honestly think We will go down this year we are a joke of a club and have been since TF took over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Les says we are a selling club.... on 16:18 - Aug 5 with 2245 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m going to give people some some advice, even though I normally stay so tight lipped...........

QPR has a lot of Preston (A) type games this season.

‘Meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same’

R Kipling
Misunderstood Racist
Les says we are a selling club.... on 17:15 - Aug 5 with 2143 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

In 50+ years of supporting QPR I'd say we have been a selling club less than half that time. The acceptance of the current situation is necessary, let's face it there is no choice while in the grip of FFP, but I don't think that it's healthy for QPR to resign themselves to it indefinitely, as in the statement "we have always been a selling club". It isn't true.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 18:01 - Aug 5 with 2054 viewsBushRanger82

Only at QPR could you not fail to trip over a couple of billionaires, a couple of multi-millionaires, in the boardroom, and still be a club unable to hang on to it's best players.

We are quite something else!
Les says we are a selling club.... on 19:11 - Aug 5 with 1967 viewsJuzzie

Les says we are a selling club.... on 18:01 - Aug 5 by BushRanger82

Only at QPR could you not fail to trip over a couple of billionaires, a couple of multi-millionaires, in the boardroom, and still be a club unable to hang on to it's best players.

FFP means the wealth of the owners is now irrelevant.
Les says we are a selling club.... on 20:29 - Aug 5 with 1867 viewsVancouverHoop

Les says we are a selling club.... on 15:56 - Aug 5 by paulparker

It’s alright having 12 midfielders but they are all inconsistent and a bit flakey imo
we have no backbone and no nasty players to influence refs or put the foot in if needs be
I love les and I’ve never knocked him, but the pitiful and I men pitiful money we got for smithies was a joke , lee hoos can talk bollox all he likes but he would have been better off here , we have bought in a German 2nd division cb And seem to have everything pinned on sainsbury joining And I bet he goes elsewhere , where are the other targets? Where is this list of 3 players for each position we said we had ? Blackburn have done better business than us
I honestly think We will go down this year we are a joke of a club and have been since TF took over

Scowen's a bit nasty surely. So is Manning, just needs to be a bit more subtle with it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 20:29]
Les says we are a selling club.... on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 1828 viewsdistortR

Les says we are a selling club.... on 16:18 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m going to give people some some advice, even though I normally stay so tight lipped...........

QPR has a lot of Preston (A) type games this season.

‘Meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same’

R Kipling
Misunderstood Racist

you wouldn't let it lie...........
Les says we are a selling club.... on 23:05 - Aug 5 with 1696 viewsNorthernr

Les says we are a selling club.... on 18:01 - Aug 5 by BushRanger82

Rules of the league make the wealth of the owner irrelevant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024