Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love this quote from Villa forum 11:01 - Oct 29 with 8257 viewsBlackCrowe

Quote from: Pvb1968 on October 27, 2018, 08:12:03 PM

London is a souless shit hole, fcking hate the potentious toilet.
The wetherspoons was great, top value and we managed to get a table.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 11:49 - Oct 29 with 4542 viewsMick_S

Post of the season - excellent news about the table.

That's us, that is.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:10 - Oct 29 with 4457 viewsTheChef

And it gets more and more potentious every year!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:15 - Oct 29 with 4433 viewsPhildo

I love it when people from outside London who claim not to give a toss about London get really worked up about London.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:19 - Oct 29 with 4411 viewsDWQPR

And Birmingham, lets face it is just a complete sh1thole. Any city with the amount of wasteland so central to the city itself must be sh1t. And as for Walton, where Villa Park is, remember going there a few years back and asking a policeman where the best place to have a bit of grub pre-match, and his answer was the Tesco café. And he wasn't joking.

London is everything that Birmingham isn't. And we don't have daft, nasally accents either.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:24 - Oct 29 with 4375 viewssimmo

Has anybody ever been to Aston? I meen jaysus, pot kettle... My boys mother and her family are from there and it's an absolute hole by anyones standards - including people from Brum.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:27 - Oct 29 with 4367 viewsR_from_afar

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:19 - Oct 29 by DWQPR

And Birmingham, lets face it is just a complete sh1thole. Any city with the amount of wasteland so central to the city itself must be sh1t. And as for Walton, where Villa Park is, remember going there a few years back and asking a policeman where the best place to have a bit of grub pre-match, and his answer was the Tesco café. And he wasn't joking.

London is everything that Birmingham isn't. And we don't have daft, nasally accents either.

To be fair to Birmingham, the city centre is now pretty smart and cosmopolitan now, a far cry from the bombsite it was in the 80s.

That said, there are still plenty of dog rough areas.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:10 - Oct 29 with 4257 viewslondonscottish

I worked near the Villa Ground for 6 very long months in the early 90's. It was a real shitehole back then.

The one bit of culture in the entire time I was there was a gig by Iggy Pop. Which I f*****ng missed.

The only upside was that I negotiated a 12.00 noon finish on Fridays so I could get back to civilisation in either London or Edinburgh by 3.00 in the afternoon.

You've never seen a Vauxhall Cavalier accelerate so fast.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:20 - Oct 29 with 4206 viewsBoston

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:19 - Oct 29 by DWQPR

Bit harsh on the accents there old chap, we used to think of them as having speech impediments.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 4173 viewsPhildo

Loads of legitimate reasons to get worked up about London I have no doubts but it is just that thing where you are somewhere else and people launch into telling you how sh@t London is, about 10 minutes before telling you they have never been there.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:29 - Oct 29 with 4154 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had ale on Saturday and have just had a most potentious toilet.

Nice pies at Villa Park.

The best thing about Birmingham is the 'Quinphonic Festival' I saw Alwaid and Wildpath there last year.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 4058 viewsTacticalR

I was there for a conference in December, and there was quite a bit of building going on in the town centre, with a strange mishmash of styles. The other thing I noticed is that there simply isn't the same pressure of population that you get in London.

[Post edited 29 Oct 2018 13:50]

Air hostess clique

Love this quote from Villa forum on 13:54 - Oct 29 with 4025 viewsJuzzie

Best thing about Birmingham is the "M1 - London" road sign.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 14:16 - Oct 29 with 3952 viewsaston_hoop

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:24 - Oct 29 by simmo

Has anybody ever been to Aston? I meen jaysus, pot kettle... My boys mother and her family are from there and it's an absolute hole by anyones standards - including people from Brum.

Hey, it ain't that bad!

Admittedly, its been nearly 10 years since I lived there though!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 14:24 - Oct 29 with 3924 viewsthame_hoops

You can have a good night out in brum, Brindley Place has some really nice bars and chain restaurants right on the canal path. Now Coventry on the other hand...
Love this quote from Villa forum on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 3889 viewsDannyPaddox

Is he trying to say that Wetherspoons - or Wetherspoonsiania is some kind of principality or autonomous region which is in London but isn't really London. The Grand Duchy of £2.19 a pint perhaps.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 14:48 - Oct 29 with 3863 viewsderbyhoop

Apart from anything else said, you have to question the judgement of anybody who thinks a Wetherspoons is great.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Love this quote from Villa forum on 15:28 - Oct 29 with 3766 viewsBlackCrowe

Love this quote from Villa forum on 14:48 - Oct 29 by derbyhoop

Apart from anything else said, you have to question the judgement of anybody who thinks a Wetherspoons is great.

Particularly when he was complaining about things (London) being soulless and he chooses Wetherspoons for his visit to the capital.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Love this quote from Villa forum on 16:40 - Oct 29 with 3587 viewscolinallcars

I wonder which 'Spoons he went to ? If it was the Plough &Harrow in Hammersmith, and he thought it was good, then he must have low standards. The William Morris is slightly better but like a station bar.
All that said, I'm afraid Shepherds Bush is a grim place these days. I haven't been to Brum for years but I doubt if it's improved either. Modern life ? Rubbish.....
Love this quote from Villa forum on 16:48 - Oct 29 with 3554 viewsstowmarketrange

Love this quote from Villa forum on 16:40 - Oct 29 by colinallcars

I wonder which 'Spoons he went to ? If it was the Plough &Harrow in Hammersmith, and he thought it was good, then he must have low standards. The William Morris is slightly better but like a station bar.
All that said, I'm afraid Shepherds Bush is a grim place these days. I haven't been to Brum for years but I doubt if it's improved either. Modern life ? Rubbish.....

My brother went to the weatherspoons in Shepherd’s Bush and he said there were loads of villa fans in there,so that might be the one they loved so much.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 16:49 - Oct 29 with 3553 viewsted_hendrix

Result from Friday evening 26th October 2018.

London 1 Birmingham 0.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Love this quote from Villa forum on 17:14 - Oct 29 with 3468 viewsGroveR

Love this quote from Villa forum on 16:40 - Oct 29 by colinallcars

In Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi describes a bar as a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the William Morris. The Plough and Harrow has all the character of a bar on a cross channel ferry and if you close your eyes you can almost imagine the lingering smell of sea-sickness. Doesn't stop me drinking in either mind.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 17:31 - Oct 29 with 3403 viewsenfieldargh

Love this quote from Villa forum on 12:27 - Oct 29 by R_from_afar

To be fair to Birmingham, the city centre is now pretty smart and cosmopolitan now, a far cry from the bombsite it was in the 80s.

That said, there are still plenty of dog rough areas.

RFA

Have you been around the Digbeth area lately, what a complete toilet and only two minutes walk from the Bullring

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Love this quote from Villa forum on 17:48 - Oct 29 with 3355 viewsBoston

I liked Black Sabbath to be fair.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Love this quote from Villa forum on 18:05 - Oct 29 with 3321 viewsWren67

Only thing I could remember about Brum on my 1 visit there was being mugged by 2 guys when I topped to ask them the way.
Blamed myself for breaking my own rules about asking the way.
I dont hate Brum or Brummies, 2 c*uts don't make a country.
Love this quote from Villa forum on 18:28 - Oct 29 with 3247 viewsbosh67

We tried to park in the disabled space outside Wetherspoons but some b*stard was already there with his Range Rover.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024