Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hall offski? 13:35 - Jun 10 with 21212 viewsDieByYourSide

Interesting one. Didn't realise he was a big earner, not sure how high he has his heights set but can't imagine him being a starter for anyone much better than us.

Not good news short term for the rest of the season if he's got his eye on not getting injured. How confident would we be of Masterson stepping up to fill his shoes?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hall offski? on 13:38 - Jun 10 with 7362 viewsLblock

Ahhhhh bless him....

Just had a kid and clearly needs to pump up his 10 grand plus a week to keep the young nipper in nappies etc.

Rated him highly and he's been a great player when fit, therein is the rub.

If he goes, he goes..... if he stays for money within the cap then fair play. I'm sure the cap we're offering is still life changing money for 99% of those frequenting this board.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hall offski? on 13:42 - Jun 10 with 7337 viewsNorthernr

I'm not that fussed about that one. Probably expensive for what he is. Be interested to know how much of a reduction we've offered and where he thinks he'll get better in the current climate.
Hall offski? on 13:42 - Jun 10 with 7337 viewsMedwayR

Maximise his earnings? I'm not sure he'll get much more than we're offering...

He was decent but I'm not bothered about keeping him if he's asking for too much, after all he's a 28yo with a dodgy track record of injuries. I'd be happy to go with Masterson and Barbet although we'd need to bring in some cover.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hall offski? on 13:54 - Jun 10 with 7267 viewsrsonist

"Not good news short term for the rest of the season if he's got his eye on not getting injured. "

He hasn't done a Lyle Taylor, we don't need to make these sorts of insinuations.
Hall offski? on 13:58 - Jun 10 with 7246 viewsBostonR

If we are going to have a crack at the play-offs next season I would rather we let him leave and try to find a "beast" who can head and kick his way out off trouble.
Hall offski? on 14:02 - Jun 10 with 7221 viewsDubaiR

Woolfenden at Ipswich highly rated, souttar had a good season for Fleetwood on loan from stoke. Both a good age, both had a good amount of games these are the types of players I would like us to be looking at, surely lower wages than Hall if he leaves
Hall offski? on 14:03 - Jun 10 with 7213 viewsLblock

Hall offski? on 13:58 - Jun 10 by BostonR

If we are going to have a crack at the play-offs next season I would rather we let him leave and try to find a "beast" who can head and kick his way out off trouble.

It does look though as if we won't have a "play off cracking" budget to play with.

Warbs will need to be turning ditch water into Malbec.

I wish him luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hall offski? on 14:03 - Jun 10 with 7211 viewsLythamR

"How confident would we be of Masterson stepping up to fill his shoes?"

Personally i would be very confident, would like to keep Hall if they can make a deal in line with the wage structure but if he wants more and can get it elsewhere then good luck to him, Masterson needs game time to develop further. so all good
Login to get fewer ads

Hall offski? on 14:04 - Jun 10 with 7211 viewsLowerloftLad

Yeah I heard him talking on talksport and it sounded like he was going to refuse to play

Not to fussed if he stays or goes as he is a top earner who is out injured to much unfortunately we do have Masterson who I fill will step up

Was very honest about his personal problems and struggled with mental health issues and broke down infront of les in his office
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 14:13]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Hall offski? on 14:05 - Jun 10 with 7203 viewsWadR

I am really pleased that he's recovered from such a hellish & mentally taxing couple of years injury wise and come close to his performance levels of his first couple seasons with us.

But I can't imagine there'd be a rush of clubs out there offering him bumper long term deals considering his injury record and if we have medium/long term plans of promotion I do think we need to be aiming higher than Hall.
Hall offski? on 14:13 - Jun 10 with 7158 viewsrsonist

Agree he hasn't got overly much leverage here. Can't see us negotiating much with him. Could be he puts the feelers out and leaves it late.

Really hard to predict the market to come. There's a few promising CBs in the league below but we need to be wary of losing too much seniority given our general youth, possible squad turnover,, other veterans possibly calling it a day.

CB probably the most unforgiving position to learn on the job but persevere and you have a very valuable asset indeed for it, especially if they're the ball-playing variety (Konsa and Mepham at Brentford pretty bobbins together but they got £25m for the pair).

All being said though it would be remiss not to take the risk and put faith in Masterson.

Scott McKenna is expected to go to Celtic I read btw. Luke Woolfenden at Ipswich is the only other CB I can recall us as reportedly watching but everyone's after him.
Hall offski? on 14:16 - Jun 10 with 7141 viewsrsonist

Hall offski? on 14:02 - Jun 10 by DubaiR

Woolfenden at Ipswich highly rated, souttar had a good season for Fleetwood on loan from stoke. Both a good age, both had a good amount of games these are the types of players I would like us to be looking at, surely lower wages than Hall if he leaves

Also heard good things about Rob Dickie at Oxford, Alfie Kilgour at Bristol Rovers, Jack Tucker at Gillingham.
Hall offski? on 14:19 - Jun 10 with 7125 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reeks of the Jack Robinson situation to me. Reckon both QPR and Grant Hill will be worse off if he doesn’t stay.

Saying that, I’ve just seen he is with Sheffield United and played nearly 60 games for Forest so I clearly don’t know what I’m on about.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 14:20]
Hall offski? on 14:32 - Jun 10 with 7056 viewsNorthernr

Hall offski? on 14:19 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reeks of the Jack Robinson situation to me. Reckon both QPR and Grant Hill will be worse off if he doesn’t stay.

Saying that, I’ve just seen he is with Sheffield United and played nearly 60 games for Forest so I clearly don’t know what I’m on about.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 14:20]

Turned out alright for Jack but he didn't get the money he was after. Turned us down because we were offering a lower salary than what he was on, then Fulham went up and changed their sights from him to Mawson, then his back up option with Stevie G at Rangers, ended up taking the Forest deal for not much more than we were offering.
Hall offski? on 14:33 - Jun 10 with 7051 viewsNorthernr

Woolfenden was, along with Tilt at Blackpool, one of the defenders earmarked by Penrice for the summer before last I believe. Had Holloway stayed we would have gone for him. As it turned out McClaren arrived, said he didn't want lower league players coming in, tore the whole Penrice plan up, started the season woefully short and then demanded a load of Prem loans to get him out of the sht at the end of August.

Might be getting my summers mixed up on this actually looking at it, trying to go back through emails and whatsapps. We've definitely looked at him and been keen anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hall offski? on 14:40 - Jun 10 with 7022 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This was also flagged on the podcast last weekend by either Ferdinand or Ramsey.

Like others, I won't be too upset either way. Good player, but not great, and we shouldn't bust our wage structure for anyone, let alone an injury-prone player.

That way lies doom.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hall offski? on 14:43 - Jun 10 with 6992 viewsToast_R

In the current climate, are clubs going to banding around silly money for someone with his injury record?
I think times will be changing.
Hall offski? on 14:45 - Jun 10 with 6970 viewsBoston

Hall offski? on 14:03 - Jun 10 by Lblock

It does look though as if we won't have a "play off cracking" budget to play with.

Warbs will need to be turning ditch water into Malbec.

I wish him luck

We’ve been on the Warbuton’s and water diet before, we’ll survive.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hall offski? on 15:18 - Jun 10 with 6874 viewsrsonist

Hall offski? on 14:33 - Jun 10 by Northernr

Woolfenden was, along with Tilt at Blackpool, one of the defenders earmarked by Penrice for the summer before last I believe. Had Holloway stayed we would have gone for him. As it turned out McClaren arrived, said he didn't want lower league players coming in, tore the whole Penrice plan up, started the season woefully short and then demanded a load of Prem loans to get him out of the sht at the end of August.

Might be getting my summers mixed up on this actually looking at it, trying to go back through emails and whatsapps. We've definitely looked at him and been keen anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That would have been early for Woolfenden I think possibly? Not that clubs don't scout below first team level but not sure to what extent Penrice has a track record for it. I might also be wrong.

I expected Tilt to come too. Fit the M.O, out of contract, and we had his nephew on the books already at the time. That said, not sure if we really missed out there - had a few injuries.

Thought McKenna to Celtic might possibly indicate that he was one of Penrice's and not Warbs after all.
Hall offski? on 15:20 - Jun 10 with 6856 viewsDannytheR

I'm surprised we're putting any kind of deal on the table tbh. Nothing against the player, and it was good to see him back at all, but most of what was good about his game - and there was a lot of it - has been chipped away at by the injuries. As others have said, the biggest argument to keep him here would be seniority and continuity. (Would be financially impossible I'm sure, but on that score I'd rather bring back the Chief, whose contract in the US is up soon I think.)

Will obviously come back to bite me when he becomes the next Alan Hansen, but I'll be relieved if McKenna goes elsewhere. I've seen him a couple of times and he strikes me as a bombscare. Looked confused every time he was expected to actually touch the ball.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 15:20]
Hall offski? on 15:22 - Jun 10 with 6842 viewsWestbourneR

I thought Souttar played for Hearts.

As for Hall. I never rated him as highly as some but appreciated his qualities when he came back into the team recently. Shame to lose him on a free but his injury record is a problem.

I’m hoping we get McKenna, he’s class.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hall offski? on 15:25 - Jun 10 with 6828 viewsDannytheR

Hall offski? on 15:22 - Jun 10 by WestbourneR

I thought Souttar played for Hearts.

As for Hall. I never rated him as highly as some but appreciated his qualities when he came back into the team recently. Shame to lose him on a free but his injury record is a problem.

I’m hoping we get McKenna, he’s class.

Different Souttars. (Brothers - the Stoke one is about 7 foot 4.)
Hall offski? on 15:25 - Jun 10 with 6828 viewsrsonist

Hall offski? on 15:20 - Jun 10 by DannytheR

I'm surprised we're putting any kind of deal on the table tbh. Nothing against the player, and it was good to see him back at all, but most of what was good about his game - and there was a lot of it - has been chipped away at by the injuries. As others have said, the biggest argument to keep him here would be seniority and continuity. (Would be financially impossible I'm sure, but on that score I'd rather bring back the Chief, whose contract in the US is up soon I think.)

Will obviously come back to bite me when he becomes the next Alan Hansen, but I'll be relieved if McKenna goes elsewhere. I've seen him a couple of times and he strikes me as a bombscare. Looked confused every time he was expected to actually touch the ball.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 15:20]

Also if we did this we could sing "Onuoha want to take him home" to the tune of 'Closing Time' by Semisonic... I'll see myself out.
Hall offski? on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 6764 viewskensalriser

Unless he's planning to send it to Eton shortly I can't see what having a kid has to do with it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hall offski? on 15:52 - Jun 10 with 6724 viewsbosh67

I like Hall. He works hard to recover from injuries. Well liked around the club. Does a good job. He's earned well from the club. He may get a few more quid elsewhere but only in this division unless he moves overseas. I feel this is actually more up to Warbs than it is to Hall. If Warbs feels there are younger and quicker ball playing CBs that he can bring on, like Masterson and who can come in at the right wage bracket then that could be it for Hall. But I like the guy and I like that he'e been open about the club helping him through his mental heath issues, so I kind of hope he stays because he's generally happy here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024