Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Part of the crowd? 15:47 - Oct 5 with 6758 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/join-r-crowd-with-a-personalised-crowdie/

What do we think?

Naff?

Over priced?

Good idea?

Price about right?
Part of the crowd? on 15:49 - Oct 5 with 3534 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good idea. And much cheaper than I thought it would be.

If I knew any Chelsea fans I'd use their picture.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Part of the crowd? on 16:06 - Oct 5 with 3459 viewsHanwellHoopster

I'm tempted to stick Southgate in there. Get the lads giving that 5% extra for a place in the national squad.

Or maybe a supermodel with very few clothes, and request that she be placed off target behind whichever goal the opposition are shooting towards.
Part of the crowd? on 16:10 - Oct 5 with 3436 viewsdaveB

a good way to bring in some money, they look a bit weird but the whole thing looks weird without actual people.
Part of the crowd? on 16:15 - Oct 5 with 3413 viewsjoe90

Great idea. I want it to be as authentic as possible so hopefully mine will be in the restricted view area where I usually sit.
Part of the crowd? on 16:19 - Oct 5 with 3388 viewsW7Ranger

Want to have mine on the wall by the entrance to the Upper Loft as I sometimes get there late!!
Part of the crowd? on 17:47 - Oct 5 with 3213 viewsStanisgod

Can we have one in the blue and white?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Part of the crowd? on 18:04 - Oct 5 with 3175 viewsBoston

Do we have to wear clothes?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Part of the crowd? on 18:23 - Oct 5 with 3142 viewsDavieQPR

Group who sit behind me will want theirs in the Bar.
Login to get fewer ads

Part of the crowd? on 18:39 - Oct 5 with 3112 viewsJuzzie

Anyone know what that Brentford bloke with the microphone looks like?
Part of the crowd? on 18:41 - Oct 5 with 3104 viewsflynnbo

Part of the crowd? on 18:39 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dickhead-Bellend-Overhead-Fancy-Costume/dp/B0725PG8VX
Part of the crowd? on 18:43 - Oct 5 with 3102 viewsMickS

Part of the crowd? on 18:39 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

Got to be done.

I would gladly contribute to a row of them to one side of the dugouts.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:48]
Part of the crowd? on 22:44 - Oct 5 with 2941 viewsqueensparker

Part of the crowd? on 18:43 - Oct 5 by MickS

Got to be done.

I would gladly contribute to a row of them to one side of the dugouts.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:48]

Me too. Would gladly contribute a few quid to a crowdfunding effort to get that tw-t all over our ground.
Part of the crowd? on 04:39 - Oct 6 with 2854 viewsstainrods_elbow

You seriously couldn't make it up - clubs now charging fans to pay for cut-outs of themselves to 'watch' games. If any more proof were needed that football is recycling itself into a parodic simulation of itself and we never actually mattered as flesh-and-blood beings, here it is, you cardboard people! The thing that really made me laugh is that these supporter-simulacra can't even be positioned together due to 'the nature of the project'. The world's gone mad, except that it hasn't. The only people who could think this is a great idea can only be pre-programmed mugs!

Jean Baudrillard would be spinning in his Parisian grave.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 4:40]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Part of the crowd? on 07:34 - Oct 6 with 2815 viewsNortholt_Rs

I think it’s a great idea, cheap as a chips and you get to keep your cutout. Let’s get the names of those we need to include - John Terry....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Part of the crowd? on 07:50 - Oct 6 with 2807 viewsnix

Part of the crowd? on 04:39 - Oct 6 by stainrods_elbow

You seriously couldn't make it up - clubs now charging fans to pay for cut-outs of themselves to 'watch' games. If any more proof were needed that football is recycling itself into a parodic simulation of itself and we never actually mattered as flesh-and-blood beings, here it is, you cardboard people! The thing that really made me laugh is that these supporter-simulacra can't even be positioned together due to 'the nature of the project'. The world's gone mad, except that it hasn't. The only people who could think this is a great idea can only be pre-programmed mugs!

Jean Baudrillard would be spinning in his Parisian grave.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 4:40]

Is there really nothing you don't fulminate against? You make Lblock sound like Pollyanna on E. It's just a fun way of making a bit of cash when clubs have had their earnings decimated. If all of these were sold it would make a decent difference to our club at a time when we need all the income we can get. You don't have to do it and nor does anyone else.
Part of the crowd? on 07:58 - Oct 6 with 2797 viewssilverbirch

Part of the crowd? on 07:34 - Oct 6 by Northolt_Rs

I think it’s a great idea, cheap as a chips and you get to keep your cutout. Let’s get the names of those we need to include - John Terry....

That’s a step too far for me. I hate the idea of seeing him in our ground
Part of the crowd? on 08:06 - Oct 6 with 2787 viewskropotkin41

Part of the crowd? on 07:50 - Oct 6 by nix

Is there really nothing you don't fulminate against? You make Lblock sound like Pollyanna on E. It's just a fun way of making a bit of cash when clubs have had their earnings decimated. If all of these were sold it would make a decent difference to our club at a time when we need all the income we can get. You don't have to do it and nor does anyone else.

At one in the same time I agree with you and see that Stainrod's Elbow is absolutely right. This is utterly bonkers and a pretty terrifying testimony to the times we live in. More importantly, Jean Baudrillard mentioned on LFW, a first in football fandom, surely?
The thing is though, Stainrod's, if you've been taking it all seriously up to now and haven't realised that football has long since been sliced up, packaged and turned into a plastic spectacle, and it's only cardboard cut outs of fans that's tipped you over the edge, then that in itself is a bit weird.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Part of the crowd? on 09:28 - Oct 6 with 2728 viewsfrancisbowles

Well the choice is now; being a cupboard cutout, a plastic fan or an armchair fan.

Oh wait, it is possible to be more than one of these but I'll settle for the armchair for the foreseeable.

Good luck to those that go for the cardboard option, it will add a bit of colour to the ground and something to stick in your own attic as opposed to the Loft if/when this is all over.
Part of the crowd? on 09:42 - Oct 6 with 2711 viewsLoftgirl

Part of the crowd? on 07:34 - Oct 6 by Northolt_Rs

Gurnam Singh.
Part of the crowd? on 10:19 - Oct 6 with 2656 viewsWokingR

Part of the crowd? on 07:58 - Oct 6 by silverbirch

That’s a step too far for me. I hate the idea of seeing him in our ground

What if we had him looking like this though ?

Part of the crowd? on 10:23 - Oct 6 with 2642 viewsgolborne

In case you missed it

https://talksport.com/football/efl/721994/osama-bin-laden-cardboard-cut-out-leed
Part of the crowd? on 10:32 - Oct 6 with 2631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Done.
I used my avatar.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Part of the crowd? on 10:41 - Oct 6 with 2597 viewsLblock

Part of the crowd? on 07:50 - Oct 6 by nix

Opinions.... who'd have 'em hey?

My final words are, however

Fcuk off

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Part of the crowd? on 10:46 - Oct 6 with 2585 viewssilverbirch

Part of the crowd? on 10:19 - Oct 6 by WokingR

What if we had him looking like this though ?

I’m coming round to the idea
Part of the crowd? on 11:04 - Oct 6 with 2550 viewsGloryHunter

I have a cunning plan. "When" we are allowed back in, they could put cut-outs on all the socially-fobidden seats, so we have to sit in the spaces between them. Then the stadium would look full. And if they amplified the crowd noise through the PA . . .
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 12:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024