Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules 16:48 - Jan 15 with 7877 viewsBexleyHoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67978537

More points deductions
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 6149 viewsbosh67

I'm amazed it's taken this long for Forest to fall foul of this given they have players playing with 3 digits on their backs as squad numbers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 16:55 - Jan 15 with 6108 viewsNed_Kennedys

And yet Chelsea are allowed to spend a Billion Pounds without censure or punishment……
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 16:57 - Jan 15 with 6083 viewsbosh67

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 16:55 - Jan 15 by Ned_Kennedys

And yet Chelsea are allowed to spend a Billion Pounds without censure or punishment……

Different set of rules. Their players are being grown in petri dishes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 5898 viewsBostonR

Another example of football eating itself. At some point the whole show is going to implode either through the creation of the European Super League or via the courts.
Owners are high on the equivalent of football speed and the sooner one of the big clubs go bust the better!
Everton have been treading a fine line for centuries and Forest are fruitcakes. Fecking madness and the game is ruined anyway.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:38 - Jan 15 with 5805 viewsswitchingcode

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:24 - Jan 15 by BostonR

Another example of football eating itself. At some point the whole show is going to implode either through the creation of the European Super League or via the courts.
Owners are high on the equivalent of football speed and the sooner one of the big clubs go bust the better!
Everton have been treading a fine line for centuries and Forest are fruitcakes. Fecking madness and the game is ruined anyway.

Very true and just heard a Talksport reporter crying that it not right that they can only lose 105 million over 3 years due to inflation and other rising costs.So basically it’s like saying to families who are up to their necks in debt due to cost of living borrow more get deeper in debt.The football media are hating this FFP as all of a sudden the transfer merry go round has hit the buffers and all they can discuss is pitiful loan deals.Cant wait to see it all explode
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:47 - Jan 15 with 5744 viewsted_hendrix

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:24 - Jan 15 by BostonR

I've always believed football will in the end Implode and self destruct but I'm no so sure anymore.
Where there Is cash etcetera,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[Post edited 15 Jan 19:41]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 18:23 - Jan 15 with 5587 viewsJuzzie

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:47 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

I've always believed football will in the end Implode and self destruct but I'm no so sure anymore.

I'm just hoping that owners/potential owners will realise that it's not the golden goose it once was and bail out. That will leave a vacuum and much like the old Italian and Turkish Lira's, a few noughts will start getting knocked off transfer fees, salaries etc and maybe, just maybe, some normality can resume.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 18:32 - Jan 15 with 5547 viewsLongsufferingR

We're way ahead of the game on that. We've been knocking zeros off players' transfer fees for many years.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 5502 viewsQPR_John

“ Clubs are in breach of profit and sustainability rules (PSR) if their calculation over the relevant period results in a loss in excess of £105m, although that threshold is reduced by £22m for each season a club spends in the Championship over the course of that relevant period.”

Can anybody explain how FFP rules can be different in different leagues. How can you budget in the Premier league and enter into contracts when if relegated with those same contracts the allowable lost is reduced by £22M
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:28 - Jan 15 with 5335 viewsToast_R

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:38 - Jan 15 by switchingcode

Very true and just heard a Talksport reporter crying that it not right that they can only lose 105 million over 3 years due to inflation and other rising costs.So basically it’s like saying to families who are up to their necks in debt due to cost of living borrow more get deeper in debt.The football media are hating this FFP as all of a sudden the transfer merry go round has hit the buffers and all they can discuss is pitiful loan deals.Cant wait to see it all explode

A lot of them.are too thick to understand the rules anyway. It's actually very few indeed that grasp what the rules are which is quite alarming considering some of them mascarade as journalists.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:35 - Jan 15 with 5302 viewsbosh67

inevitably, Everton, Forest, then Man City and others will be either docked massive points or actually be relegated, much like Juventus were. Luton will win the league and be insufferable. Various lawyers will find a tenuous QPR link to it all. Everyone will be reinstated, Luton will still win the league and we'll be relegated to the Shetland Isles Sunday league 5-a-side league, and still lose regularly in front of an unexpectedly and quite frankly, unexplainable crowd of 16,000 sheep.

Or not?

Never knowingly right.

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:45 - Jan 15 with 5236 viewsManinBlack

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:47 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

Talk now of having trillionaires in a few years time so they could probably run the Premiership or take over the clubs to keep the show on the road.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 5213 viewsPeterHucker

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:35 - Jan 15 by bosh67

inevitably, Everton, Forest, then Man City and others will be either docked massive points or actually be relegated, much like Juventus were. Luton will win the league and be insufferable. Various lawyers will find a tenuous QPR link to it all. Everyone will be reinstated, Luton will still win the league and we'll be relegated to the Shetland Isles Sunday league 5-a-side league, and still lose regularly in front of an unexpectedly and quite frankly, unexplainable crowd of 16,000 sheep.

Or not?

That is ridiculous and doesn't sound very likely at all.

The Shetland Isles and the sheep thing sounds quite possible, but the Man City getting punished bit is a way too far-fetched.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 5211 viewsQPR_Jim

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 18:41 - Jan 15 by QPR_John

“ Clubs are in breach of profit and sustainability rules (PSR) if their calculation over the relevant period results in a loss in excess of £105m, although that threshold is reduced by £22m for each season a club spends in the Championship over the course of that relevant period.”

Can anybody explain how FFP rules can be different in different leagues. How can you budget in the Premier league and enter into contracts when if relegated with those same contracts the allowable lost is reduced by £22M

Parachute payments help. I think they're about £40m now I think for first season relegated.

Typically the contracts you mentioned would be for players with a value (obviously not when QPR sign contracts/players) so you can sell players to cover the cost of the ones you retain.

The 3 years rolling period does give you some scope to overspend slightly in that first season too, especially if you know a lot of the contracts/deadwood is leaving the following summer.

So altogether it should be workable, at least it's joint up now to work with Championship.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 20:59 - Jan 15 with 5002 viewsSpaceman_P

In terms of QPR, do any of us really want promotion to the Prem? it's not like it used to be.

For me the Championship is by far the most entertaining league. Real Football kind of.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 21:12 - Jan 15 with 4932 viewsted_hendrix

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 20:59 - Jan 15 by Spaceman_P

In terms of QPR, do any of us really want promotion to the Prem? it's not like it used to be.

For me the Championship is by far the most entertaining league. Real Football kind of.

I don't want to be In the Prem, It's a freak show, no I havent got Sky but I do on the odd occasion watch the Prem highlights because It's free.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 21:14 - Jan 15 with 4930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apparently the only reason they and City havn’t been done yet is because size of the charge sheet. City have 150 to answer. That will take ages but hopefully the punishment will reflect the enormity of it.

Or I am naive and not living in the real world.
[Post edited 15 Jan 21:15]
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 00:50 - Jan 16 with 4610 viewsnumptydumpty

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 21:14 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Apparently the only reason they and City havn’t been done yet is because size of the charge sheet. City have 150 to answer. That will take ages but hopefully the punishment will reflect the enormity of it.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with City and Chelsea.

By all accounts so many breaches of the rules but this time it's the big boys.

I cannot see if Everton and Forest get the book hurled at them with great power, surely City and Chelseas fines could be relegation.

I don't think that will happen for either.

In fact both, I am expecting the penalties to be EXTREMELY LENIENT.

If they are, Forest and Everton will have some kind of precedent to ask for them to be reconsidered.

Surely Chelsea and City will be big time punished. However I seriously doubt they will be....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 05:25 - Jan 16 with 4492 viewsSydneyRs

Eventually all top level games will be played in a TV studio in Saudi Arabia.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 05:26 - Jan 16 with 4487 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

At Forest.... Harry Arter (remember him) signed from Bournmouth 2020, £40k a week, last game played April 2021.
WTF!
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 05:27 - Jan 16 with 4487 viewsSydneyRs

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 00:50 - Jan 16 by numptydumpty

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with City and Chelsea.

By all accounts so many breaches of the rules but this time it's the big boys.

I cannot see if Everton and Forest get the book hurled at them with great power, surely City and Chelseas fines could be relegation.

I don't think that will happen for either.

In fact both, I am expecting the penalties to be EXTREMELY LENIENT.

If they are, Forest and Everton will have some kind of precedent to ask for them to be reconsidered.

Surely Chelsea and City will be big time punished. However I seriously doubt they will be....

Funny how they are seen as the big boys because they've bought/won stuff, whereas neither were any bigger than Everton and Forest before the money arrived.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 06:31 - Jan 16 with 4424 viewsdavman

The thing that shows how utterly unworkable these rules are is the length of time it takes to settle each charge and appeal.

Both of these charges will end up being compromised because they HAVE to be sorted by the end of the season.

The way to protect clubs is to insist that owners fund contracts and transfer fees up front, putting the money in an account or equivalent that the club, not them, own, releasing payment as necessary.

Can't run away with the club in debt then...

But if they have to stay (which they will), the logical thing is to make it clear in the rule book that penalties willbw imposed at the start of the following season from when the breach is first revealed. It's not as though they ever get punished in the season(s) the breaches happen with this current set of rules, is it?

And there should also be some form of ban for suing other competitors for failing to meet the rules. If they are unfair, go after the league that sets the rules as it is their duty to put the rules in place and ensure that members operate within them.

All to late as ever. Scum and Citee cheated their way to the top table way before these rules came in to being. They bolstered their coffers so much that they had a reserve of players to sell to enhance their "net spend" buying them a legacy that furthers their financial advantage.

No second f in FFP as far as I can see...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 06:37 - Jan 16 with 4417 viewsdavman

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 21:14 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

C'mon Baz, you should know the answer to that last sentence by now. The "ideals" in life rarely pan out and we all know that the authorities do not have the influence or power to punish these rich clubs with access to Nico and his mates; they have to use Lionel Hutz...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 07:03 - Jan 16 with 4393 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fook 'em, not a scintilla of care from me.

I'm proud of the stance QPR are clearly taking towards the mooted World League, and both the Champions and Premier Leagures, by sacrificing games to ensure we're not put in the embarrassing position of having to choose.

Neither are we fuelling the increasingly excessive and repugnant transfer market with grotesque signings; preferring carefully thought out acquisitions like Taylor Richards.

Says more about the value of our club then any balance sheet will tell you.

Maybe Fernandes really was a genius after all, and not the fat useless c nut whose profligate ways ruined us, and as I've constantly thought him to be.
[Post edited 16 Jan 7:07]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 07:47 - Jan 16 with 4306 viewsGroveR

While their supporters are a bunch of thick, mouth-breathing, window-lickers, Chels** have done something quite clever here.

FFP had no stipulation on the amount of time over which you could amortise contracts, so Fernandez, Caicedo, Mudryk and Jackson - around £500m of that - are all under 9-10 year contracts, rather than your standard 3-5 year gig.

It's a loophole, it's since been closed (reduced to 5yr max) and yet another example of how biased FFP is towards bigger (or at least legally better represented) clubs.

So, clever, but clever in a cùnty way, for a cùnty club, that is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024