Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
football careers that have fizzled out 10:18 - Sep 1 with 6762 viewsbob566

i'll start.

Wiltshire
Macheda remember the young lad who scored the wonder goal for united.
Anybody on the other Chelsea academy thread
football careers that have fizzled out on 10:19 - Sep 1 with 3707 viewskingsburyR

Ned Zelic

Most of our squad late 90's early 00's!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:22 - Sep 1 with 3702 viewsaston_hoop

Every footballers career eventually
Micah Richards

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:24 - Sep 1 with 3692 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Freddy Adu - didn't actually start if we're being honest!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 3687 viewsKonk

Paul Parker - left Fulham early in his career and then just seemed to disappear - shame as he looked really promising.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:29 - Sep 1 with 3674 viewsToast_R

Basically... anyone who signed for QPR between 2008 and 2014
football careers that have fizzled out on 10:34 - Sep 1 with 3658 viewsDWQPR

Nick Powell, now plying his trade at Wigan after wasting his time as a perpetual loanee at a ManUre based on scoring one great goal in a play off final.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:40 - Sep 1 with 3632 viewsjohncharles

Angelo Balanta

Strong and stable my arse.

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 3632 viewsPlanetHonneywood

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:26 - Sep 1 by Konk

Paul Parker - left Fulham early in his career and then just seemed to disappear - shame as he looked really promising.

Proud to wear the Hoops though. FACT!

Still amazes me we wasted good hard earned on Dean 'Pony' Coney. I am sure many will understand my thinking, we should have maybe concussed him a bit more ;-)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:59 - Sep 1 with 3593 viewsTacticalR

I would have thought it's pretty common, and it's not always because players have had their heads turned. Some just blossom briefly. Others like David Bentley lose interest in football.

Air hostess clique

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:03 - Sep 1 with 3586 viewslave16

football careers that have fizzled out on 10:41 - Sep 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Still amazes me we wasted good hard earned on Dean 'Pony' Coney. I am sure many will understand my thinking, we should have maybe concussed him a bit more ;-)

Richard Langley

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:06 - Sep 1 with 3568 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie Austin?
football careers that have fizzled out on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 3558 viewsloftboy

I don't know, Norwich paid good money for him after he scored that concussed Worldy against them, makes you realise why Pompey never bid for him!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:10 - Sep 1 with 3546 viewsloftboy

Back to the original thread, Russel Beardsmore was a promising United winger before Giggs, think he played against us late 80's

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:44 - Sep 1 with 3488 viewsDiscodroids

Steve Mckenzie
Wayne Harrison
Steve Daley
Gordon Hill
Kevin Reeves

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:44 - Sep 1 with 3490 viewslave16

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:10 - Sep 1 by loftboy

Back to the original thread, Russel Beardsmore was a promising United winger before Giggs, think he played against us late 80's

Mike Sheron
Richard Paquette

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:46 - Sep 1 with 3469 viewsDiscodroids

Steve Moran

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:47 - Sep 1 with 3467 viewsPinnerPaul

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:44 - Sep 1 by Discodroids

Steve Mckenzie
Wayne Harrison
Steve Daley
Gordon Hill
Kevin Reeves

Gordon Hill - didn't he have decent career?

Not checked btw, maybe his silky skills impressed a much younger me!
football careers that have fizzled out on 11:48 - Sep 1 with 3460 viewsjohncharles

Me (when I was about 13)

Strong and stable my arse.

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:50 - Sep 1 with 3456 viewsichbinnaughty

Adel
Ravel
Sandro
Caulker
Hoilett

Assou-Ekotto
SWP
Nick Ward

We have the inverse Midas touch
football careers that have fizzled out on 11:51 - Sep 1 with 3440 viewsDiscodroids

football careers that have fizzled out on 11:47 - Sep 1 by PinnerPaul

Gordon Hill - didn't he have decent career?

Not checked btw, maybe his silky skills impressed a much younger me!

imo , I Dont think Hills career lived up to its promised trajectory once he left Man utd , he wasnt much kop for us , and i think he ended up at millwall pretty quickly then the states.

Howard gayle is another id probably bracket in the same mould.

football careers that have fizzled out on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 3408 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That Stallone keeper in the documentary Escape to Victory looked damn good.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

football careers that have fizzled out on 12:06 - Sep 1 with 3404 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I was in the Pompey end when Coney missed the biggest open goal I can remember seeing
What a donkey
football careers that have fizzled out on 12:14 - Sep 1 with 3378 viewsMrSheen

Paul Vaessen.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/mar/17/sport.comment

Not as bad, but Leon Jeanne.
football careers that have fizzled out on 12:16 - Sep 1 with 3371 viewspaulparker

Francis Jeffers
Danny Cadamatri
jack rodwell
Norman Whiteside
Seth Johnson (remember him ?)
Jimmy Carter
Michael Ricketts
joey Beauchamp
Richard Wright
Gianluigi lentini
Justin Fashanu
Michael Johnson

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

football careers that have fizzled out on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 3350 viewsDiscodroids

football careers that have fizzled out on 12:14 - Sep 1 by MrSheen

Paul Vaessen.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/mar/17/sport.comment

Not as bad, but Leon Jeanne.

good one that Mr Sheen. forgot about him.

I also remember striker Billy Jennings at West Ham being a bit of a rock Star and idol, then leaving to play in america while in his mid twenties never to be heard of again.

I saw a player called lee frost score a hat trick on his debut for Chelsea at Leyton Orient. back in the late 70's , Never heard of him again either.

Richard hill a midfielder in the mid 80's who scored 35 goals one season for Cambridge utd , went to Aston villa for a hefty fee and sunk without trace.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 12:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024