Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really do despair at times. 23:23 - Nov 21 with 12057 viewsSnipper

I've seen many posts on facebook over the last few days, and especially tonight, saying that Holloway has to go. Even saying that we should never have got him back.
Yet the same people want Gerry Francis to return and to bring Tony Pulis with him.

I don't particularly like the situation that we're in but, WE DON'T HAVE ANY BLOODY MONEY!!

WE'RE GOING TO BE IN THIS MESS FOR A LONG TIME YET. WE HAVE A £40M FINE HANGING OVER US FFS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, WE HAVE NO BLOODY MONEY!!

GET FRANCIS IN, GET PULIS IN, GET CHARLIE AUSTIN BACK FFS.

WE HAVE NO FCKING MONEY YOU DIMWITS 😡😡😡.
I really do despair at times. on 23:24 - Nov 21 with 5170 viewsBrianMcCarthy

True, true, true.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I really do despair at times. on 23:44 - Nov 21 with 5111 viewsbosh67

Yup. We are what we are but we have to stop the habit of losing a lot of games in a row. That has to stop.

I said we needed more width but didn't realise Ollie would then drop both strikers and have about 6 wingers playing in almost every position known to man or beast. Baffling selection tonight.

Yet we have to accept that we are what we are and half the team is out. Baptiste and Robinson, two players struggling with injuries and lack of games have had to be ever present week in week out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I really do despair at times. on 23:45 - Nov 21 with 5110 viewsVancouverHoop

Reason will never convince someone to change an unreasonable opinion.
I really do despair at times. on 23:50 - Nov 21 with 5089 viewsdaveB

we were playing well 3 games ago so these people were fuming they had nothing to moan about, these last 3 games was like christmas morning for them and the thought we could lose a few more will get the blood pumping to their old chaps
I really do despair at times. on 23:51 - Nov 21 with 5088 viewsVancouverHoop

"I said we needed more width but didn't realise Ollie would then drop both strikers and have about 6 wingers playing in almost every position known to man or beast. Baffling selection tonight."

It was actually quite effective until 30 seconds before the H/T whistle. After that we might as well have all gone home. We were set up to prevent goals, not score them. We could still being playing and Derby's keeper wouldn't have got his gloves dirty.
I really do despair at times. on 23:52 - Nov 21 with 5081 viewsFredManRave

I really do despair at times. on 23:45 - Nov 21 by VancouverHoop

Reason will never convince someone to change an unreasonable opinion.

Is there a reason for that?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I really do despair at times. on 23:53 - Nov 21 with 5078 viewsVancouverHoop

I really do despair at times. on 23:52 - Nov 21 by FredManRave

Is there a reason for that?!

Heh! Very good.
I really do despair at times. on 00:11 - Nov 22 with 5022 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager or squad better equipped to deal with adversity than this one though.

Short on talent but abundant in pissvineger .
Login to get fewer ads

I really do despair at times. on 01:23 - Nov 22 with 4932 viewskarl

I really do despair at times. on 00:11 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager or squad better equipped to deal with adversity than this one though.

Short on talent but abundant in pissvineger .

I'm sure I had that on me chips last night.

Speaking offline to DistortR (I won't tell them any secrets....) and it is a shame Ollie doesnt trust the younger players enough. They should have been bled into the set up more than they have so that the inevitable Championship injury list doesn't leave us so short of squad players who can step up.
Having a big squad is worthless if they're not trusted to step up, imo in the championship a 20-22 yr old shouldn't be on the books if they don't get game time and you're better off chucking an 18 yr old in than keeping these boys hanging on forever. I know they'll be paid very little but why bother frankly?
I'm not slagging Ollie overall but his use of youth has always been a worry really , a win against Brentford and we're back on track of course.
I really do despair at times. on 01:30 - Nov 22 with 4923 viewstimcocking

I bet if you surveyed all QPR fans, the percentage who'd think Ollie should go now is about 1%. Unfortunately, these gimps are the 1% who never fcuking shut up.

Anybody who types a football comment on facebook can be nothing other than a t!t to begin with.

Pay no attention.
I really do despair at times. on 06:38 - Nov 22 with 4782 viewsWestbourneR

I think we can do better than Ian Holloway.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I really do despair at times. on 07:23 - Nov 22 with 4687 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really do despair at times. on 23:50 - Nov 21 by daveB

we were playing well 3 games ago so these people were fuming they had nothing to moan about, these last 3 games was like christmas morning for them and the thought we could lose a few more will get the blood pumping to their old chaps

100%.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I really do despair at times. on 07:50 - Nov 22 with 4623 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 06:38 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

I'm sure some sexy manager with big ideas would be better in some peoples eyes, they wouldn't care as much and probably wouldn't do a great deal better with this squad but we're at the time of year again when different begins to look more exciting and better
I really do despair at times. on 07:55 - Nov 22 with 4606 viewsCiderwithRsie

Completely agree with the OP, and in any case Holloway is better than given credit for (and has done enough for the club over the years to deserve a bit of loyalty.)

But given that we have no money, it seems bit odd to spend what little we have on Wheeler and Bright and then never play them, while simultaneously frequently playing Smith or Sylla who thrive on crosses.
I really do despair at times. on 08:09 - Nov 22 with 4566 viewsdistortR

I really do despair at times. on 01:23 - Nov 22 by karl

Speaking offline to DistortR (I won't tell them any secrets....) and it is a shame Ollie doesnt trust the younger players enough. They should have been bled into the set up more than they have so that the inevitable Championship injury list doesn't leave us so short of squad players who can step up.
Having a big squad is worthless if they're not trusted to step up, imo in the championship a 20-22 yr old shouldn't be on the books if they don't get game time and you're better off chucking an 18 yr old in than keeping these boys hanging on forever. I know they'll be paid very little but why bother frankly?
I'm not slagging Ollie overall but his use of youth has always been a worry really , a win against Brentford and we're back on track of course.

my worry is that they will become demotivated if there isn't a clear pathway from youth to first team, there must be a reward for good appearances as opposed to giving caulker a game because he's paid a lot.

Karl was saying how wonderful England looked with the youngsters in...........
I really do despair at times. on 08:18 - Nov 22 with 4546 viewsTheChef

The moral of the story is - don't read the comments on Facebook. I'm a much more sane man as a result.

Suffice to say whenever we win, there are say 30 to 50 comments. Whenever we lose, it's easily 80 comments or more. That tells you everything.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I really do despair at times. on 09:29 - Nov 22 with 4457 viewsloftus77

I really do despair at times. on 08:18 - Nov 22 by TheChef

The moral of the story is - don't read the comments on Facebook. I'm a much more sane man as a result.

Suffice to say whenever we win, there are say 30 to 50 comments. Whenever we lose, it's easily 80 comments or more. That tells you everything.

To para-phrase (badly) Tom Cruise to Sgt Dawson in 'A Few Good Men':-

"[QPR fans], I think there is a concept you better start wiseing up to...[Ollie] is the only friend we've got.."
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 9:30]
I really do despair at times. on 09:47 - Nov 22 with 4376 viewsCamberleyR

I really do despair at times. on 06:38 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

Yes, that queue of managers that want to work at a club that has an enormous record fine hanging over them, no budget, tiny ground with crap facilities and a rented training ground is really massive....
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 9:54]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I really do despair at times. on 09:48 - Nov 22 with 4376 viewsRangersDave

Get Adel and Charlie Austin back, that’s my choice in the lovely drug addled world I live in. Lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

I really do despair at times. on 09:50 - Nov 22 with 4365 viewsSimonJames

Given that we're 18th in terms of goals scored and only 20th in terms of goals conceded, we're doing pretty well to remain 16th in the league.
And even if Barnsley and Reading win their games in hand and push us down to 18th, there would still be only 3 points separating us and the 6 teams above us.
...so pretty much the mid table that we expect to be.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I really do despair at times. on 09:52 - Nov 22 with 4363 viewstoboboly

What about Remy?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

I really do despair at times. on 09:58 - Nov 22 with 4341 viewsTheChef

I really do despair at times. on 09:52 - Nov 22 by toboboly

What about Remy?

Playing in La Liga for Las Palmas.

How the hell could he not resist the lure of Loftus Road when he has unfinished business here against the likes of Burton and Brentford?

OI HOLLOWAY PENRICE FERDINAND HOOS JUDE THE CAT FFS SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I really do despair at times. on 10:49 - Nov 22 with 4258 viewsBrightonhoop

I really do despair at times. on 23:50 - Nov 21 by daveB

100% That's the QPR way, batter the to teams and fall down to lower oppos. Those that dont understand haven't been around long enough and seem to congregate on the FB Rangers sites.
Best avoided.
I really do despair at times. on 11:13 - Nov 22 with 4203 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really do despair at times. on 01:23 - Nov 22 by karl

You need to be friendlier to the fellas behind the counter mate.

I think you are right, but things are much better than they used to be. Shodipo / Furlong in particular can feel hard done by.
I really do despair at times. on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 4165 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 07:55 - Nov 22 by CiderwithRsie

Completely agree with the OP, and in any case Holloway is better than given credit for (and has done enough for the club over the years to deserve a bit of loyalty.)

But given that we have no money, it seems bit odd to spend what little we have on Wheeler and Bright and then never play them, while simultaneously frequently playing Smith or Sylla who thrive on crosses.

Precisely put. You can bang on about finances all you like but there is zero joined up thinking with the resources we do have. We have a huge squad full of players of roughly the same quality playing positions that don't fit our tactics.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024