Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium [ Again] 12:09 - Mar 12 with 7124 viewspeejaybee

Of the two sites OOC & LCS which would be your preference and reason why,Might be of interest to anyone at HQ that maybe reads this site.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 3475 viewsGloucs_R

LCS is closer to home
OOC will have better infrastructure

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:21 - Mar 12 with 3459 viewsdaveB

Would personally prefer Linford Christie site as would be a smaller stadium and more likely to be for QPR rather than a concert venue
New Stadium [ Again] on 12:22 - Mar 12 with 3457 viewsHayesender

LCS with a capacity of no more than 25,000, although I feel neither will happen

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:24 - Mar 12 with 3454 viewsNorthernr

LCS - closer and likely to be smaller so we're not all rattling around in some horrible megadome.
New Stadium [ Again] on 12:31 - Mar 12 with 3423 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:21 - Mar 12 by daveB

Would personally prefer Linford Christie site as would be a smaller stadium and more likely to be for QPR rather than a concert venue

Agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:32 - Mar 12 with 3419 viewsAntti_Heinola

Probably LCS, but disagree with Hayes in that if we only expand to 25000 we might as well not bother. Shouldn't be 40, but 30 - 33,000 in a properly compact, vertiginous stadium would be my preference, with decent legroom and big concourses and half decent food and beer. If we can get that at Old Oak, also fine. More concerned with it being a proper stadium, not a horrible open bowl, than anything else. It can be done. Close to pitch, steep sides, NOISE.

Bare bones.

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:35 - Mar 12 with 3405 viewsGloucs_R

28,000, LCS, Plenty of Exec Boxes, away fans tucked behind the corner flag, family area, cheap tickets, good bars, food options, happy days

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:40 - Mar 12 with 3394 viewsNW10Hoop

I've been thinking about this since the whole West Ham thing over the weekend, I don't mind where it ends up being out of the 2 sites, and I get that we'd need to make money from it on occasions other than matchdays, but it needs to be QPR's ideal home before any other consideration.

I'd love 22-25k capacity, rectangular, 2 tier with every acoustical trick in the book to make the atmosphere as good as possible..... A bigger, more rocking Loftus Road with better beer, food, toilets and legroom essentially
Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:46 - Mar 12 with 3370 viewsBoston

LCS with a 35.000 capacity. Closer to the Bush though might upset the neighbours if results ain’t so good...”going down, going down, going down”

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:47 - Mar 12 with 3363 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:40 - Mar 12 by NW10Hoop

I've been thinking about this since the whole West Ham thing over the weekend, I don't mind where it ends up being out of the 2 sites, and I get that we'd need to make money from it on occasions other than matchdays, but it needs to be QPR's ideal home before any other consideration.

I'd love 22-25k capacity, rectangular, 2 tier with every acoustical trick in the book to make the atmosphere as good as possible..... A bigger, more rocking Loftus Road with better beer, food, toilets and legroom essentially

Fvck it i'm going to say it.

Stay in Loftus Road refurbished as much as possible and maybe undergo leg shrinking operations until I become comfortable.

Seriously though, fvck both of those plans. I don't trust non football people to cater for people like me.
New Stadium [ Again] on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 3307 viewsTGRRRSSS

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:22 - Mar 12 by Hayesender

LCS with a capacity of no more than 25,000, although I feel neither will happen

I think 30K is still a better idea.
New Stadium [ Again] on 13:19 - Mar 12 with 3294 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Stadium [ Again] on 13:16 - Mar 12 by TGRRRSSS

I think 30K is still a better idea.

We're going to look like right dickheads when the usual 10k turn up v Rochdale.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:22 - Mar 12 with 3282 viewsTGRRRSSS

New Stadium [ Again] on 13:22 - Mar 12 with 3280 viewshopphoops

OOC, as long as i can train it there and back in a day with just the one change at Lille.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

New Stadium [ Again] on 13:22 - Mar 12 with 3278 viewsQPR_John

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:21 - Mar 12 by daveB

Surely especially with FFP any new ground will have to be able to bring in extra finance other than football
New Stadium [ Again] on 14:00 - Mar 12 with 3195 viewsBoston

New Stadium [ Again] on 13:22 - Mar 12 by QPR_John

Surely especially with FFP any new ground will have to be able to bring in extra finance other than football

Let’s include a brothel in the plans, broth is very popular y’know.

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:06 - Mar 12 with 3175 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Stadium [ Again] on 13:19 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

We're going to look like right dickheads when the usual 10k turn up v Rochdale.

irrelevant, though, baz. it's a stadium for when we play bigger games, not for when we're languishing. Also, seeing as we've only played Rochdale twice since 1960, bit silly to worry about how many people will be there for a Rochdale game?

Bare bones.

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:08 - Mar 12 with 3166 viewsBoston

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:06 - Mar 12 by Antti_Heinola

irrelevant, though, baz. it's a stadium for when we play bigger games, not for when we're languishing. Also, seeing as we've only played Rochdale twice since 1960, bit silly to worry about how many people will be there for a Rochdale game?

He just doesn’t want us to look stupid in front of Rochdale’s travelling massive.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 14:09]

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:10 - Mar 12 with 3151 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:06 - Mar 12 by Antti_Heinola

I’m going to be there for the games that arn’t big, so it’s relevant to me!

Substitute Rochdale for Barnsley or Scunthorpe.

I understand the need for a bigger stadium, it just isn’t for me really.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 14:12]
New Stadium [ Again] on 14:25 - Mar 12 with 3122 viewsJuzzie

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:47 - Mar 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fvck it i'm going to say it.

Stay in Loftus Road refurbished as much as possible and maybe undergo leg shrinking operations until I become comfortable.

Seriously though, fvck both of those plans. I don't trust non football people to cater for people like me.

Sadly, not possible. Been covered many times on here but the cost and feasibility is just not there. Capacity/legroom is just one factor of what a stadium provides/functions as.
All the off-pitch aspects are a bigger collection and LR just isn't up to it anymore.

I went on a stadium tour a few years ago and it was so sad to see that the dressing rooms, match officials rooms, media centre, post-match interview area, catering facilities etc are just not up to it anymore.
The catering aspect is a big issue as it needs to be able to function many other days of the week for non-football things too in order to help with a big slice of the income. 75 seats (or not far off) that we have at the moment is just not enough.
New Stadium [ Again] on 14:40 - Mar 12 with 3094 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While I accept the rationale behind the call for a bigger stadium, the departure from my and your home-from-home will be the natural effluxion of my interest in football. I suspect we will only truly come to appreciate LR when we leave it.

The trick for QPR will be to learn from all previous ‘new stadiums’ and ensure we apply what works and, as best as possible, eliminate what doesn’t. This is especially so because you can go far and wide, but when HQ rocks, they’re ain’t nowhere like it!

All this being said, I first went through the turnstiles as a pup in 1973. The issue of a ‘new stadium’ has been a consistent talking point since then. Given all the variables we know and the imponderables, I suspect we’ll still be talking about this for some time to come. The irony is however, our financial plight being what it is, a huge property development might see those who’ve lost millions to make a bit back. It’s this that will decide it, not whether QPR need a new Jerusalem!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:52 - Mar 12 with 3065 viewsNov77

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:40 - Mar 12 by PlanetHonneywood

While I accept the rationale behind the call for a bigger stadium, the departure from my and your home-from-home will be the natural effluxion of my interest in football. I suspect we will only truly come to appreciate LR when we leave it.

The trick for QPR will be to learn from all previous ‘new stadiums’ and ensure we apply what works and, as best as possible, eliminate what doesn’t. This is especially so because you can go far and wide, but when HQ rocks, they’re ain’t nowhere like it!

All this being said, I first went through the turnstiles as a pup in 1973. The issue of a ‘new stadium’ has been a consistent talking point since then. Given all the variables we know and the imponderables, I suspect we’ll still be talking about this for some time to come. The irony is however, our financial plight being what it is, a huge property development might see those who’ve lost millions to make a bit back. It’s this that will decide it, not whether QPR need a new Jerusalem!

nobody seems to consider the possibility that our attendences will actually go down at a new stadium.
if we're served up the shite we are watching now, don't you think that at least a few fans, coupled with the loss of our home, will consider it not worth going anymore?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New Stadium [ Again] on 15:03 - Mar 12 with 3038 viewsMick_S

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:08 - Mar 12 by Boston

He just doesn’t want us to look stupid in front of Rochdale’s travelling massive.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 14:09]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Stadium [ Again] on 15:05 - Mar 12 with 3032 viewskensalriser

New Stadium [ Again] on 14:52 - Mar 12 by Nov77

nobody seems to consider the possibility that our attendences will actually go down at a new stadium.
if we're served up the shite we are watching now, don't you think that at least a few fans, coupled with the loss of our home, will consider it not worth going anymore?

Anyone done the research? Plenty of precedents given how many clubs have built new stadiums in the last two decades.

A lot will be to do with how good the entire matchday experience would be at a new stadium.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Stadium [ Again] on 15:11 - Mar 12 with 3001 viewsToast_R

New Stadium [ Again] on 12:32 - Mar 12 by Antti_Heinola

Probably LCS, but disagree with Hayes in that if we only expand to 25000 we might as well not bother. Shouldn't be 40, but 30 - 33,000 in a properly compact, vertiginous stadium would be my preference, with decent legroom and big concourses and half decent food and beer. If we can get that at Old Oak, also fine. More concerned with it being a proper stadium, not a horrible open bowl, than anything else. It can be done. Close to pitch, steep sides, NOISE.

All that with a members only Gin bar. My drink these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024