Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paolo Rossi RIP 07:31 - Dec 10 with 2029 viewsMrSheen

Bad enough that members of the 1966 team are dying, now I feel really old.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-55255240

I used to curse him for knocking that Brazil team out, but what a finisher.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 7:34]
Paolo Rossi RIP on 08:54 - Dec 10 with 1914 viewsLythamR

WOW R.I.P Paulo

It was such a great redemption story after being a very naughty boy although I too was gutted that he knocked out that fantasticBrazilian team.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 08:59 - Dec 10 with 1906 viewsSnipper

Am I the only one on here who was supporting Italy that day?

Rest In Peace Paolo Rossi.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 09:21 - Dec 10 with 1877 viewsPaddyhoops

Great player. Broke my heart with that hatrick against that great Brazilian side of 82.
RIP.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 09:35 - Dec 10 with 1857 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brazils defending was dreadful in that game.

Much like ours.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paolo Rossi RIP on 09:57 - Dec 10 with 1833 viewsfrancisbowles

Paolo Rossi RIP on 09:35 - Dec 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Brazils defending was dreadful in that game.

Much like ours.

Brazil didn't do defending when they had a good team. Not part of the beautiful game.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 10:37 - Dec 10 with 1779 views2Thomas2Bowles

Paolo Rossi RIP on 09:57 - Dec 10 by francisbowles

Brazil didn't do defending when they had a good team. Not part of the beautiful game.

Are you MW in disguise He doesn't do defending either...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paolo Rossi RIP on 10:51 - Dec 10 with 1765 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That Brazil side is still my favourite team ever, and while there are certain similarities between our current side and theirs, I don't think Dom Ball and Geoff Cameron are quite on the level of Falcao and Cerezo. Dykes might be our Serginho though.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 1736 viewsstowmarketrange

Paolo Rossi RIP on 10:51 - Dec 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

That Brazil side is still my favourite team ever, and while there are certain similarities between our current side and theirs, I don't think Dom Ball and Geoff Cameron are quite on the level of Falcao and Cerezo. Dykes might be our Serginho though.

Dom Ball’s screamer against Cardiff was reminiscent of a Falcao goal in that 82 World Cup though.Thats about the only thing they have in common.
Login to get fewer ads

Paolo Rossi RIP on 11:11 - Dec 10 with 1732 viewsbosh67

Unbelievable player! RIP no age really.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paolo Rossi RIP on 11:32 - Dec 10 with 1691 viewsMrSheen

Paolo Rossi RIP on 10:51 - Dec 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

Four of the players in that game have since died. Socrates and the keeper Waldir Peres for Brazil, Rossi and Scirea for Italy.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 11:46 - Dec 10 with 1679 viewsizlingtonhoop

Stop it!

1. I'd already heard this.

2. Reading the headline made me think the other half of the Quo had gone. (and I haven't played Rugby since 1980 - school first XV)

Nearly had a connery myself...
Paolo Rossi RIP on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 1674 viewslightwaterhoop

Real 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff from Rossi in that world cup. Brazil were fantastic but terribly overconfident.

RIP
Paolo Rossi RIP on 12:16 - Dec 10 with 1648 viewsNov77

Yep, have to admit that I was far more gutted when that 82 Brazil team got knocked out than I was when England were. I’d never seen football played like that before, they were magical.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Paolo Rossi RIP on 13:28 - Dec 10 with 1601 viewsericgen34

RIP Paolo

I remember him as the player who avenged us in 82
Paolo Rossi RIP on 14:08 - Dec 10 with 1557 viewsCamberleyR

Anyone that wants to relive the memories of that fantastic Brazilian team (probably the last pure footballing team they had IMO), there's been a book recently released about them.

Haven't to read it yet as Mrs Camberley has ordered it for me for Christmas but the reviews have been really good.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Paolo Rossi RIP on 14:38 - Dec 10 with 1537 viewspaulparker

One of the very best games ever was Brazil 2 - Italy 3
What a team Brazil were then , even to this day I can’t work out how Italy won that QTR final
Anyway RIP Mr Rossi

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paolo Rossi RIP on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 1515 viewsfrancisbowles

Paolo Rossi RIP on 14:38 - Dec 10 by paulparker

One of the very best games ever was Brazil 2 - Italy 3
What a team Brazil were then , even to this day I can’t work out how Italy won that QTR final
Anyway RIP Mr Rossi

It was a de facto qf as it was a second stage group of three with Argentina who had beaten 2-1 by Italy and 3-1 by Brazil.

A draw would have taken Brazil through on goal difference. In the last seconds Zoff pulled off a great save.

'That man Rossi again'
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:03]
Paolo Rossi RIP on 15:37 - Dec 10 with 1479 viewsvegasranger

Paolo Rossi RIP on 08:59 - Dec 10 by Snipper

I have always supported Italy !! RIP Paolo.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 19:19 - Dec 10 with 1396 viewsNorthantsHoop

1982 World Cup finals were brilliant, Rossi came good in the game against Brazil and that game defined his career. A France v Italy final would have been brilliant, in the classic semi final between West Germany and France, the German keeper Schumaker should have been sent off for poleaxing the French striker. England ran out of steam in the 2nd round to many draws.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 19:46 - Dec 10 with 1353 viewsMyke

That 82 Brazilian team was every striker's dream and every defender's nightmare
RIP Paulo. 2 flawed geniuses lost in the space of a few days
Paolo Rossi RIP on 20:55 - Dec 10 with 1318 viewslightwaterhoop

Paolo Rossi RIP on 19:46 - Dec 10 by Myke

That 82 Brazilian team was every striker's dream and every defender's nightmare
RIP Paulo. 2 flawed geniuses lost in the space of a few days

Thats a bit unfair, Paoli Rossi was no more flawed than anyone else as far as i can
see. What did you mean by that.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 23:35 - Dec 10 with 1222 viewsSydneyRs

Paolo Rossi RIP on 08:59 - Dec 10 by Snipper

No. My brother was cheering for Brazil so naturally I wanted Italy to win. Best game and world cup I've ever watched.

That was a proper samba style Brazil team, filled with stars, fantastic to watch but a bit ropey in defence.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 23:38 - Dec 10 with 1218 viewsSydneyRs

Paolo Rossi RIP on 19:19 - Dec 10 by NorthantsHoop

1982 World Cup finals were brilliant, Rossi came good in the game against Brazil and that game defined his career. A France v Italy final would have been brilliant, in the classic semi final between West Germany and France, the German keeper Schumaker should have been sent off for poleaxing the French striker. England ran out of steam in the 2nd round to many draws.

England couldn't get Brooking and Keegan fit in time. Threw them on in desperation in the last game even though they weren't ready.
Paolo Rossi RIP on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 1125 viewsMrSheen

Paolo Rossi RIP on 20:55 - Dec 10 by lightwaterhoop

Thats a bit unfair, Paoli Rossi was no more flawed than anyone else as far as i can
see. What did you mean by that.

He was banned for a couple of years for involvement in match fixing, which ironically kept him fresh before the 1982 World Cup. To be honest, I don’t understand his involvement or why he was singled out for such harsh treatment when he didn’t play for either of the clubs that were relegated (Milan and Lazio).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024