Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Gregory 23:08 - Oct 19 with 6486 viewspaulhoop2

Met him tonight my god he looks about 100 ! Really shocked to see him looking like that but his passion for the rss still shines through to this day. Also got a glimpse of everyone’s favourite swear box Barry Fry waddling down SAR .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

John Gregory on 23:45 - Oct 19 with 3927 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know his son and I believe he’s had some health issues in recent years. Top bloke though.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

John Gregory on 23:56 - Oct 19 with 3855 viewsWatfordR

Martin Rowlands and his two lads there as well.
John Gregory on 02:09 - Oct 20 with 3676 viewsstainrods_elbow

Loved Gregory as a seriously classy player for us, not so much as a manager (that 0-4 at WBA still sticks in the craw).

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

John Gregory on 07:23 - Oct 20 with 3452 viewsSK_hoops

Saw Hugh Pimm on the way to the match last night
He was telling his mate about the lack of leg room at QPR. Not surprising as he is v tall.
John Gregory on 07:26 - Oct 20 with 3442 viewskernowhoop

John Gregory on 07:23 - Oct 20 by SK_hoops

He was telling his mate about the lack of leg room at QPR. Not surprising as he is v tall.

If you mean the BBC TV Health Editor, I have been interviewed by him and yes, he is very tall. How he copes with sitting down at the KPFS, I have no idea.
John Gregory on 07:42 - Oct 20 with 3396 viewsSK_hoops

John Gregory on 07:26 - Oct 20 by kernowhoop

If you mean the BBC TV Health Editor, I have been interviewed by him and yes, he is very tall. How he copes with sitting down at the KPFS, I have no idea.

Yes, that Hugh Pimm!
John Gregory on 09:15 - Oct 20 with 3148 viewsgazza1

John Gregory on 23:56 - Oct 19 by WatfordR

Martin Rowlands and his two lads there as well.

To put you right Watford.....that was not Martin Rowlands two lads, one of them was my grandson!!! He normally comes with his Dad and me with my other Grandsons but Martin took him down last night to the W12 club - he doesn't want to sit with us any more!!!!
John Gregory on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 3026 viewscolinallcars

John Gregory on 07:42 - Oct 20 by SK_hoops

Yes, that Hugh Pimm!

I think Pimm's number 1
Login to get fewer ads

John Gregory on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 2938 viewsterryb

John Gregory on 09:15 - Oct 20 by gazza1

To put you right Watford.....that was not Martin Rowlands two lads, one of them was my grandson!!! He normally comes with his Dad and me with my other Grandsons but Martin took him down last night to the W12 club - he doesn't want to sit with us any more!!!!

How has this post been downmarked? What's wrong with being a proud grandfather?

Thanks gazza for the information & I'm pleased to see that he obviously enjoyed himself.
John Gregory on 10:34 - Oct 20 with 2873 viewsToast_R

Too young to have watched as a player but as manager of QPR I thought he did an excellent job considering the club's precarious position and the squad and mess he inherited. Kept probably our worst squad up using the loan system very well and getting in some excellent players for fckall in the transfer window like your Cullip and Bolder. We probably owe him a bigger debt than we realise if you consider the consequences of relegation that season.
John Gregory on 10:38 - Oct 20 with 2843 viewsTheChef

John Gregory on 10:13 - Oct 20 by terryb

How has this post been downmarked? What's wrong with being a proud grandfather?

Thanks gazza for the information & I'm pleased to see that he obviously enjoyed himself.

I think Loftgirl likes to downmark all of Gazza's posts!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

John Gregory on 11:04 - Oct 20 with 2781 viewsNed_Kennedys

John Gregory on 10:34 - Oct 20 by Toast_R

Too young to have watched as a player but as manager of QPR I thought he did an excellent job considering the club's precarious position and the squad and mess he inherited. Kept probably our worst squad up using the loan system very well and getting in some excellent players for fckall in the transfer window like your Cullip and Bolder. We probably owe him a bigger debt than we realise if you consider the consequences of relegation that season.

One of my favourite ever players: was immense for us scoring plenty of goals from midfield and forcing his way into the England team.
Did brilliantly to keep us up and hopes were high for the following season that we would progress up the table but seemed to lose the plot with very strange team selections and tactics, a real shame.
John Gregory on 11:36 - Oct 20 with 2666 viewsToast_R

John Gregory on 11:04 - Oct 20 by Ned_Kennedys

One of my favourite ever players: was immense for us scoring plenty of goals from midfield and forcing his way into the England team.
Did brilliantly to keep us up and hopes were high for the following season that we would progress up the table but seemed to lose the plot with very strange team selections and tactics, a real shame.

From my memory, I think it's quite harsh to say he lost the plot in that second season. He had fckall to spend and had to rely on more free signings in the summer that followed. Lost Lee Cook to Fulham (who gave his signing on fee to QPR which just showed how bad the finances were), one of the better signings; Simon Walton got long term injured before the season started and then there was the death of Ray Jones to top it all off. No wonder that team were all over the place. Then the takeover happened; lots of those players probably knew they were toast come January.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 11:38]
John Gregory on 11:39 - Oct 20 with 2636 viewsozexile

John Gregory on 11:36 - Oct 20 by Toast_R

From my memory, I think it's quite harsh to say he lost the plot in that second season. He had fckall to spend and had to rely on more free signings in the summer that followed. Lost Lee Cook to Fulham (who gave his signing on fee to QPR which just showed how bad the finances were), one of the better signings; Simon Walton got long term injured before the season started and then there was the death of Ray Jones to top it all off. No wonder that team were all over the place. Then the takeover happened; lots of those players probably knew they were toast come January.

Agree with this. He had no money as a manager yet hung around when others would have walked. Loved him as a player as well.
John Gregory on 12:21 - Oct 20 with 2510 viewsDiscodroids

John Gregory on 11:39 - Oct 20 by ozexile

Agree with this. He had no money as a manager yet hung around when others would have walked. Loved him as a player as well.

Loved Gregory at QPR as a player.

He strolled around the pitch like Montagu Bertie, 6th Earl of Abingdon in a smoking jacket but could leave the boot in as well , if so required. Eye for a goal too.

He also looks like Lovejoy/ Teddy Bess from 'Sexy Beast' as well, which is a bonus in my book.

Hope he is well and happy.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

John Gregory on 12:45 - Oct 20 with 2448 viewsSydneyRs

Wasn't he joint top scorer in the 82/83 promotion season? Cracking player in those days.
John Gregory on 12:54 - Oct 20 with 2416 viewsstowmarketrange

John Gregory on 12:45 - Oct 20 by SydneyRs

Wasn't he joint top scorer in the 82/83 promotion season? Cracking player in those days.

Him and Tony Sealey got 16 each.
John Gregory on 13:11 - Oct 20 with 2373 viewsloftboy

John Gregory on 12:54 - Oct 20 by stowmarketrange

Him and Tony Sealey got 16 each.

Yet the sound of “sealy must go,Sealy must go allo, rang around Loftus road quite often.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:21]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

John Gregory on 13:15 - Oct 20 with 2354 viewsstowmarketrange

John Gregory on 13:11 - Oct 20 by loftboy

Yet the sound of “sealy must go,Sealy must go allo, rang around Loftus road quite often.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 13:21]

I quite liked him up front at the time.He was certainly better than some strikers we’ve had in the past.I preferred him to someone like the one lipped muppet Mark Stein,or Brett Angell.
John Gregory on 13:19 - Oct 20 with 2341 viewsTheChef

John Gregory on 13:15 - Oct 20 by stowmarketrange

I quite liked him up front at the time.He was certainly better than some strikers we’ve had in the past.I preferred him to someone like the one lipped muppet Mark Stein,or Brett Angell.

Interesting, for some reason I always thought Sealy had the same rep of a Hateley or Brett Angell.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

John Gregory on 13:29 - Oct 20 with 2322 viewsstowmarketrange

John Gregory on 13:19 - Oct 20 by TheChef

Interesting, for some reason I always thought Sealy had the same rep of a Hateley or Brett Angell.

He wasn’t well liked at the time,but 16 goals in a 42 game season isn’t too shabby.There was a group of us in the loft that used to have a sweep on the first goalscorer,and only a few of us were happy to draw out his number.
John Gregory on 20:05 - Oct 20 with 2041 viewsDorse

John Gregory on 07:23 - Oct 20 by SK_hoops

Hugh Pimm is referred to as Huge Pimp in my house. Probably best not to mention it when you see him next.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

John Gregory on 21:01 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsWatfordR

John Gregory on 09:15 - Oct 20 by gazza1

Ah fair play gazza. Martin and the lads came out of the W12 Club and were almost around the corner before I realised who it was.

Now when you say he doesn't want to sit with "us" anymore....

John Gregory on 21:09 - Oct 20 with 1905 viewsCiderwithRsie

John Gregory on 11:36 - Oct 20 by Toast_R

Agreed. And you have to remember how dire the finances were before the takeover, with the dodgy Panamanian loan secured on the ground meaning that if we got wound up by the Inland Revenue (quite feasible as I remember) we wouldn't have just gone into demonstration, we'd have lost HQ and been homeless.

I always thought Gregory did a fair job in near impossible conditions and was quite harshly treated in being sacked.
John Gregory on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 1839 viewspaulparker

What a player Gregory was , sublime on the plastic pitch
As a manager he did wonders for this club, we were in a very very dark place when he came in he had nothing to work with and had smith & mancinne on loan who were novices
The highlight of that team was the form of cook , he carried us , him bignot & blackstock were a joy to watch
He kept us up when others would have failed, deserves so much credit than he gets imo
I hope John is well and I hope he carries on coming to loftus road for a very long time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024