Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evil Les 23:56 - Oct 4 with 3307 viewsnumptydumpty

When the team has gone on losing spells in past few years there have been many who have been hypercritical of Les Ferdinand and despite his illustrious playing career with ourselves, in these times he has been labelled "Evil Les" as opposed to "Sir Les" of days gone by.

Its often touted at these times what does Les do.

If its him thats in charge of manager recruitment and manager retention , then last two decisions have been impressive.

Its quite noticeable the lack of praise thrown his way but when the shit hits the fan, its always his fault above others.

Evil Les detractors what is your comments regards to these words !!! Be interested to hear peoples opinions, good or bad or indifferent.

Just a heads up !!!!

[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 23:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Evil Les on 00:01 - Oct 5 with 3235 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Am I right in thinking that every player in our squad has only played under the Ferdinand regime for the first time?
Evil Les on 01:36 - Oct 5 with 3121 viewsextratimeR

Oh come on guys! We all love Les, wonderful player, (best header of the ball I've ever seen down here) and scored for fun in the Premiership with us, ( he even survived George Graham at Spurs), in a short space of time, ( football wise) he has returned the club to its most successful model, bringing through young players and selling them on at Profit, that's how it all started in the 60's with Marsh , ( Man City), Morgan, ( Spurs), and carried on with Parke's, Goddard, Allen etc.

Look at poor old Man U £854 million outlay and still getting stuffed by six goals.
Evil Les on 11:36 - Oct 5 with 2779 viewsdanehoop

Evil Les on 01:36 - Oct 5 by extratimeR

Oh come on guys! We all love Les, wonderful player, (best header of the ball I've ever seen down here) and scored for fun in the Premiership with us, ( he even survived George Graham at Spurs), in a short space of time, ( football wise) he has returned the club to its most successful model, bringing through young players and selling them on at Profit, that's how it all started in the 60's with Marsh , ( Man City), Morgan, ( Spurs), and carried on with Parke's, Goddard, Allen etc.

Look at poor old Man U £854 million outlay and still getting stuffed by six goals.

I can always watch ManUre get stuffed by 6 goals.

Never knowingly understood

Evil Les on 11:42 - Oct 5 with 2753 viewsE17hoop

Evil Les was shopping in Waitrose on the way home from Bristol - what's wrong with Burgee King like everyone else?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Evil Les on 12:10 - Oct 5 with 2665 viewsswisscottage

Evil Les on 11:42 - Oct 5 by E17hoop

Evil Les was shopping in Waitrose on the way home from Bristol - what's wrong with Burgee King like everyone else?

Is Burgee King the new Russian replacement for Burger King ?
Evil Les on 12:30 - Oct 5 with 2613 viewsdaveB

I think it's unfair when Les gets stick after we lose a few so equally I don't think he should be getting praised when we hit form.

He's done some things well and we're in a better place than when he arrived but also made some mistakes. The first 2 summer windows he was in charge of were awful and put us back a few years, it's encouraging though that as a team we seem to be getting better each season rather than worse. I'm not overly convinced the academy is getting any better

We're still back to square one next summer if we don't go up especially if we don't get big money for Willock so overall I'm not sure where I sit anymore on if hes doing a good job or not.
Evil Les on 13:44 - Oct 5 with 2490 viewsNorthantsHoop

The way to judge Les and the senior management team is are we progressing overall as a competitive Championship club and I think the answer is a resounding yes. If I remember correctly didn't Les say a few years back that the goal was to establish QPR as a solid competitive Championship club and push on from there. We have in last 3 or 4 years developed or purchased some talented players at this level, pushed into top half of the table, had a good manager for 3 seasons who improved playing side and now look to have appointed another gem of a manager. Also investment and building of the new training facility is taking shape nicely and we are looking well placed in the league and starting to be noticed again as a force in the Championship. Keep the faith.
Evil Les on 13:47 - Oct 5 with 2472 viewsnix

Evil Les on 12:30 - Oct 5 by daveB

I think it's unfair when Les gets stick after we lose a few so equally I don't think he should be getting praised when we hit form.

He's done some things well and we're in a better place than when he arrived but also made some mistakes. The first 2 summer windows he was in charge of were awful and put us back a few years, it's encouraging though that as a team we seem to be getting better each season rather than worse. I'm not overly convinced the academy is getting any better

We're still back to square one next summer if we don't go up especially if we don't get big money for Willock so overall I'm not sure where I sit anymore on if hes doing a good job or not.

I agree there's a question about the academy. However I would also say that we've got two big developments in our favour recently: one there's a much clearer development path to the first team. If players aren't getting into the first team, it's because they're just not good enough. Our current manager and our previous manager are/were both willing to give young players a chance. But they're not going to let just anyone into the squad. So we've got Roberts, JCS, Richards, Laird and Dozzell who are all playing for the squad.

The other thing is that the new training ground is obviously going to make us more impressive going forward.

I would also say that Les seems to have better people around him recommending players into the squad. Beale is a much better judge of a player than Holloway, Redknapp and McLaren. Warburton got Willock, Dunne, Fieldand Dickie in and started playing Seny so I can't really criticise him (and presumably had people scouting those players).
Login to get fewer ads

Evil Les on 15:18 - Oct 5 with 2289 viewsJuzzie

Not just about Evil Les but it's the same in reverse... there are people who only appear when we lose then never seen when we win. Don't get it, but that's just me. It's football, you have to accept the bad results with the good, Comment on both, there's value to be had whatever the result.
Evil Les on 18:10 - Oct 5 with 1910 viewsQPR_Jim

On your first point I agree, which is why I think the op aimed it at those who use form to bash Les but when form is good don't give him any credit.

On his first two summer windows I think, they may not have been perfect but they were an improvement on the previous windows under Harry and Hughes which put us in the mess. It's not something that can be changed over night so I tend to give him some grace around that time.
Evil Les on 18:31 - Oct 5 with 1830 viewsMatch82

Evil Les on 15:18 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

Not just about Evil Les but it's the same in reverse... there are people who only appear when we lose then never seen when we win. Don't get it, but that's just me. It's football, you have to accept the bad results with the good, Comment on both, there's value to be had whatever the result.

I think some people use the forum as therapy, an opportunity to get their frustrations out when we don't do well, especially if they don't have a bunch of other qpr supporting mates. And they just don't have that same need after a good result. It can be annoying, but I've started getting less wound up by posters that only appear when things are going badly since I've started thinking of it like that.
Evil Les on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 1727 viewsWren67

Waitrose you say. The boy has class. His mother taught him well.
Evil Les on 23:09 - Oct 5 with 1483 viewsHastings_Hoops

Was he *really* in charge though? I get the feeling that the first time he’s actually had any authority is with the warburton appointment.
Evil Les on 08:59 - Oct 6 with 1308 viewsplasmahoop

Haha, maybe that's why he's still in decent nick!
Evil Les on 10:08 - Oct 6 with 1210 viewsdaveB

Evil Les on 18:10 - Oct 5 by QPR_Jim

On your first point I agree, which is why I think the op aimed it at those who use form to bash Les but when form is good don't give him any credit.

On his first two summer windows I think, they may not have been perfect but they were an improvement on the previous windows under Harry and Hughes which put us in the mess. It's not something that can be changed over night so I tend to give him some grace around that time.

They were pretty bad in hindsight. I thought at the time signing Cousins, Washington, Pawel, Chery, Polter etc were all good signings but we didn't get much for our money.
We're certainly a lot better now

How much credit/blame you give to Ferdinand has always been difficult to know and I think thats probably the same with any club that has this structure.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 10:09]
Evil Les on 11:18 - Oct 6 with 1129 viewsW7Ranger

Evil Les on 10:08 - Oct 6 by daveB

They were pretty bad in hindsight. I thought at the time signing Cousins, Washington, Pawel, Chery, Polter etc were all good signings but we didn't get much for our money.
We're certainly a lot better now

How much credit/blame you give to Ferdinand has always been difficult to know and I think thats probably the same with any club that has this structure.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 10:09]

Bit harsh to put Pawel in that list. I really liked him and thought he was great for is. I was gutted when he left.
Evil Les on 11:35 - Oct 6 with 1075 viewsslmrstid

Evil Les on 11:18 - Oct 6 by W7Ranger

Bit harsh to put Pawel in that list. I really liked him and thought he was great for is. I was gutted when he left.

I could never make my mind up about Pawel, I thought he was a good player but at the same time never as consistently effective as you felt he should be.

In fairness to Chery, he was a good player and in the end I think we got a good fee for him from that Chinese club? Definitely a money move though rather than anything else.
Evil Les on 11:37 - Oct 6 with 1067 viewskensalriser

Pawel wasn't bad but surely Chery is the only decent player in that list.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Evil Les on 11:43 - Oct 6 with 1040 viewsdaveB

He was Ok but we spent around a million on him and he left for nothing, it was an expensive few windows which didn't produce much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024