Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 11:33 - Nov 29 with 4913 viewsbosh67

Good stuff.

Excellent work by Larkeche to help get the 3rd.

I have to say if you give a pen for pulling to us then Field does the same second half but it wasn't seen so lucky for us.

Otherwise, we still have to be a lot more clinical to get out of what we are in but at least we are making chances and pressing well. And the football is lightyears better and that has to make the players feel a bit more confident, you would hope.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 11:34]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 4416 viewsLandshark

It's crazy how people think that wasn't a penalty. The Stokies were livid. The shirt pull was so blatant and the ref had a perfect view.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:02 - Nov 29 with 4382 viewsLandshark

Yep, the Field one should have also been a penalty. Didn't see that last night.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:09 - Nov 29 with 4346 viewsbenhurst

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 11:54 - Nov 29 by Landshark

It's crazy how people think that wasn't a penalty. The Stokies were livid. The shirt pull was so blatant and the ref had a perfect view.

Obviously it didn't matter too much in the end since he got sent off later on but is that shirt pull not DOGSO? Zero attempt to play the ball and Cook is putting that straight into the bottom corner without it.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:14 - Nov 29 with 4326 viewsAntti_Heinola

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:09 - Nov 29 by benhurst

Obviously it didn't matter too much in the end since he got sent off later on but is that shirt pull not DOGSO? Zero attempt to play the ball and Cook is putting that straight into the bottom corner without it.

thought the same, clearly stopping a goalscoring opportunity with no attempt to play the ball.

Bare bones.

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:41 - Nov 29 with 4256 viewsderbyhoop

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 11:54 - Nov 29 by Landshark

It would make for a better spectacle if more refs clamped down on all the shirt pulling. Even if we end up giving penalties away (Field).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 13:07 - Nov 29 with 4179 viewsdmm

Watching Dykes second goal I'd say that's his best goal for us with his feet. It really was a fine piece of ball control and finishing.

Now, can he keep doing that kind of stuff and change our collective minds about his goal scoring ability?
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 14:15 - Nov 29 with 4018 viewsNorthantsHoop

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 13:07 - Nov 29 by dmm

Watching Dykes second goal I'd say that's his best goal for us with his feet. It really was a fine piece of ball control and finishing.

Now, can he keep doing that kind of stuff and change our collective minds about his goal scoring ability?

Agree it was a good goal and in a strange way the frustrating thing about Dykes, an instinctive finish which he seems to do quite well either head or feet, but give him a chance where he has to think about putting the ball past the keeper he either fluffs it or hits it straight at him i.e. 1st half one on one with the keeper.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 14:30 - Nov 29 with 3975 viewsJuzzie

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:41 - Nov 29 by derbyhoop

It would make for a better spectacle if more refs clamped down on all the shirt pulling. Even if we end up giving penalties away (Field).

Player who spends all his time slyly shirt tugging in mock-shock expression when he finally gets done for it.

Here's an idea....... stop fking doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 15:08 - Nov 29 with 3872 viewsLongsufferingR

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:09 - Nov 29 by benhurst

Not if it's in the penalty area and a penalty is given. Just a yellow in that case.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 15:18 - Nov 29 with 3841 viewsbosh67

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 13:07 - Nov 29 by dmm

I liked that the commentator compared that goal to Gascoigne. I'm presuming he meant the late author, Gill Gascoigne?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 16:41 - Nov 29 with 3639 viewsLazyFan

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 14:15 - Nov 29 by NorthantsHoop

Agree it was a good goal and in a strange way the frustrating thing about Dykes, an instinctive finish which he seems to do quite well either head or feet, but give him a chance where he has to think about putting the ball past the keeper he either fluffs it or hits it straight at him i.e. 1st half one on one with the keeper.

He tried to put it through the keeper's legs. The keeper read it and blocked it.

What he should have done was chip him, as the keeper was way off the line, and there were no defenders close enough to run back and clear it.

The problem with chipping is you need some time to realise that where the keeper is in relation to the goal and then do it. Usually, a defender is on you to stop that, but Dykes had the time and chose the wrong option. This is why I don't believe he's consistent enough for us as a first choice. We need yet another forward now.

His 2nd goal was a top-class goal, chest down, hit on the volley in the corner, keeper no chance. If Vardy or someone like that had done that to us, we would say that's Prem class. Because it is.

zzzzzzzzzz

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:20 - Nov 29 with 3549 viewseastside_r

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 15:08 - Nov 29 by LongsufferingR

Not if it's in the penalty area and a penalty is given. Just a yellow in that case.

Sorry, but that is not right.

If (and it’s a big if) it is adjudged to be DOGSO and no attempt to play the ball is made, it is a red under the current instructions.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:40 - Nov 29 with 3502 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Fair play to Kelman with his press to win the ball back for Willock to slot home.
Kelman looks like he has bulked up, a bit like Willock a couple of years back.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:45 - Nov 29 with 3494 viewsLanhoop

I’ve always thought Kelman was bulky. You could wallpaper a small bedroom with his shorts.

Chair’s pass which EDB and Smyth failed to take advantage of also deserves mention. Almost Adel-like.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:59 - Nov 29 with 3460 viewsnix

One thing I noticed for the fourth goal we had five people in their box. How often has that happened when we're on the run? Obviously we have more for corners/free kicks or if we have been playing around their area for a while but rarely do we have players 'gambling' when we are taking the ball forward. A positive change. Also noticed that Dykes had moved towards the ball for the third pushing Pearson to play it and score into his own net. Only small green shoots but a start in the right direction.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 18:34 - Nov 29 with 3357 viewsdmm

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:59 - Nov 29 by nix

One thing I noticed for the fourth goal we had five people in their box. How often has that happened when we're on the run? Obviously we have more for corners/free kicks or if we have been playing around their area for a while but rarely do we have players 'gambling' when we are taking the ball forward. A positive change. Also noticed that Dykes had moved towards the ball for the third pushing Pearson to play it and score into his own net. Only small green shoots but a start in the right direction.

I agree, Nix. Getting more bodies into the opposition penalty area has been one of the first things Cifuentes has achieved. More power to his elbow.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 19:43 - Nov 29 with 3246 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lakeche's work for the 3rd goal really well shown in that.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 20:13 - Nov 29 with 3181 viewsQPR_Hibs

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:45 - Nov 29 by Lanhoop

I’ve always thought Kelman was bulky. You could wallpaper a small bedroom with his shorts.

Chair’s pass which EDB and Smyth failed to take advantage of also deserves mention. Almost Adel-like.

In the warm-up before the game there were a few players (Chair, Kelman and EDB) trying to score a goal with an outside of the foot curler in pretty much the same way that Chair played the pass.

Also when Kelman first came on he made a couple of really intelligent runs, which were of course ignored by the player with the ball.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 22:51 - Nov 29 with 3031 viewsGaryT

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 19:43 - Nov 29 by CiderwithRsie

Lakeche's work for the 3rd goal really well shown in that.

Indeed, watching the short highlights it looked like it started with him stopping the ball from going out for a goal kick but in the extended highlights he's already been snapping at the heels of two players before that. If it had gone in without the deflection it would be goal of the season, I haven't seen that amount of dogged determination in a hooped shirt for quite some time.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:12 - Nov 30 with 2923 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 14:30 - Nov 29 by Juzzie

Player who spends all his time slyly shirt tugging in mock-shock expression when he finally gets done for it.

Here's an idea....... stop fking doing it.

Indeed, and lest we forget he received 2 yellow cards for exactly the same offence.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:17 - Nov 30 with 2921 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 12:02 - Nov 29 by Landshark

Yep, the Field one should have also been a penalty. Didn't see that last night.

Disagree. Cook's was a clear goal scoring opportunity which he was prevented from taking by the shirt pull. In Field's defence, the Stoke player had his back to goal, was surrounded by several players, and didn't go to ground. Had he gone to ground like the streetwise Cook, then perhaps the ref would've had a decision to make.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:19 - Nov 30 with 2920 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 17:45 - Nov 29 by Lanhoop

Hmm, not so sure about that as Chair's pass went straight to a Stoke defender who then made a hash of the clearance.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 08:13 - Nov 30 with 2785 viewsLandshark

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:17 - Nov 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Disagree. Cook's was a clear goal scoring opportunity which he was prevented from taking by the shirt pull. In Field's defence, the Stoke player had his back to goal, was surrounded by several players, and didn't go to ground. Had he gone to ground like the streetwise Cook, then perhaps the ref would've had a decision to make.

So the difference between it being a penalty or not is if the attacking player goes down or not? You can grab hold of someones shirt as much as you want to prevent them positioning their body in the way they want but as long as they don't go down it's not a penalty?
It will be interesting to hear your opinion in future on shirt pulling when QPR are attacking.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 09:14 - Nov 30 with 2738 viewsNed_Kennedys

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:19 - Nov 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Hmm, not so sure about that as Chair's pass went straight to a Stoke defender who then made a hash of the clearance.

Agreed: felt Chair took too long to cross it and his final ball, whilst technically great, went straight to the defender who totally failed to deal with it properly.
Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 09:24 - Nov 30 with 2724 viewsLanhoop

Extended highlights QPR 4 Stoke 2 on 02:19 - Nov 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Hence the “almost”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024