Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) 13:58 - Feb 21 with 47550 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/ticket-news-spursreplayfacr5_28

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 05:27 - Feb 26 with 3404 viewsfrenzied

If this had been a final of some description the figure would have been significantly bigger,and especially on a Sat.

The fact it is at Wembley is almost by default..I’m sure Spurs fans are bored senseless by the place by now.

A game such as this at the old White Hart Lane ground would have generated a far better atmosphere than the 2/3 scenario at Wembley on Weds..not sure what our allocation would have been at WHL but I’m sure we’d have taken the lot

So I’m not sure we are comparing like for like at all with the Stockport final at Wembley.

What we have sold for this Weds for me is far more than I expected..let’s embrace the occasion..

UpThe Dale!!!
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 06:30 - Feb 26 with 3355 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 22:21 - Feb 25 by R17ALE

RAFC BLUE. You need to get out of your bubble that everyone of those 16,000 can attend. Most of us live and work up North. You are lucky in being a London based fan. Don't savage us based on your convenience. It just won't wash.

Where's the bubble?

I'm asking practically why we haven't more interest in our biggest game from Rochdale fans when Newport sold their 7,500 tickets out.

There are some good thoughts with some common themes.

It's too far to go on a budget or cold Wednesday night, Wembley 2008 was an occasion and around 5,000 is as good as we can manage.

As a football fan having seen other clubs have their ”moment”, I find it frustrating our club on its biggest day doesn't pack the away end out and hell to the Thursday’s consequences.

We might even fookin win!

There are some travelling from all corners of the earth for this game and some who are not attending.

As you'll no doubt be aware, the only people ”savaged by convenience” is anyone who needs a ticket and can't get to Spotland or has hours to fill on a premium rate call line where the correct first button is option 8!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 07:11 - Feb 26 with 3321 viewsnordenblue

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 06:30 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

Where's the bubble?

I'm asking practically why we haven't more interest in our biggest game from Rochdale fans when Newport sold their 7,500 tickets out.

It's too far to go on a budget or cold Wednesday night, Wembley 2008 was an occasion and around 5,000 is as good as we can manage.

As a football fan having seen other clubs have their ”moment”, I find it frustrating our club on its biggest day doesn't pack the away end out and hell to the Thursday’s consequences.

There are some travelling from all corners of the earth for this game and some who are not attending.

As you'll no doubt be aware, the only people ”savaged by convenience” is anyone who needs a ticket and can't get to Spotland or has hours to fill on a premium rate call line where the correct first button is option 8!

Not sure the fixation with Newport but at a guess most if not all their fans will live/work a considerable amount closer to Wembley so yet again more reason to travel.

There are many fans simply unable to attend a midweek fixture so far away and I don't buy into the "to hell with Thursday" scenario as a lot of jobs are on the line are even impossible to finish early enough Weds to even make kick off.

For all the decent stuff you've posted about this, Don't fall into the trap like a fellow poster on here where you struggle to differentiate when he's pissed or sober such is the bollox he writes on here
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 7:32]
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 08:16 - Feb 26 with 3230 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 07:11 - Feb 26 by nordenblue

Not sure the fixation with Newport but at a guess most if not all their fans will live/work a considerable amount closer to Wembley so yet again more reason to travel.

There are many fans simply unable to attend a midweek fixture so far away and I don't buy into the "to hell with Thursday" scenario as a lot of jobs are on the line are even impossible to finish early enough Weds to even make kick off.

For all the decent stuff you've posted about this, Don't fall into the trap like a fellow poster on here where you struggle to differentiate when he's pissed or sober such is the bollox he writes on here
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 7:32]

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you know everything, and that everyone waits with bated breath for your pearls of wisdom

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 08:37 - Feb 26 with 3197 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Big respect to all the Rochdale supporters who make the trip whether it be 5.5k or 7.5k. It is going to the sub-zero with the chance of a decent amount of snow.

A very large percentage of Spurs fans now live outside the M25 so road & rail conditions are going to be a big factor in attendance, losing £10 is not the end of the world. I have a ticket & will be making every effort to be there but i have to be able to get home afterwards!

Good luck & stay safe.
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 3187 viewsScunnydale

Where's the bubble?

Is it our biggest game?

Not doubting the home match was a huge game: the joint furthest we've been in the FA Cup at home against a PL/CL side on the BBC. That was massive. This, as mouth-watering as it is, is an added bonus. I doubt anyone honestly expected us to gain a replay.

It's a good day out, there's no pressure on us, we can enjoy it. To those of us who can go, it's worth the trip. To those who would have had to fight tooth and nail for time off, wreck their budgets etc, it's probably not worth the extra hassle.
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 09:12 - Feb 26 with 3117 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 05:27 - Feb 26 by frenzied

If this had been a final of some description the figure would have been significantly bigger,and especially on a Sat.

The fact it is at Wembley is almost by default..I’m sure Spurs fans are bored senseless by the place by now.

A game such as this at the old White Hart Lane ground would have generated a far better atmosphere than the 2/3 scenario at Wembley on Weds..not sure what our allocation would have been at WHL but I’m sure we’d have taken the lot

So I’m not sure we are comparing like for like at all with the Stockport final at Wembley.

What we have sold for this Weds for me is far more than I expected..let’s embrace the occasion..

UpThe Dale!!!

The old White Hart Lane capacity was 36,000 so our 15% would have given us 5400 tickets. More or less what we'll be taking to Wembley.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:09 - Feb 26 with 2931 viewsSandyDrum

Where's the bubble?

Let me just put something into perspective for you seeing as you seem massively bothered about the amount of fans Newport took.

The average journey time from Newport - Wembley stadium by train is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Meaning anyone finishing at 5pm could still get to the game by the 7:45 kick off albeit at a push.

The average journey time by car from Newport to Wembley is 2 hours and 30 minutes...meaning anyone finishing work at 5pm could also just about get to the game for kick off.

The average journey time from Rochdale / Manchester - Wembley by train is 3 hours and 35 minutes, leaving anyone finishing at 5pm no chance of getting to the game without taking time off.

The average journey time from Rochdale / Manchester - Wembley via car is just over 4 hours...again leaving no chance.

As my boss is not being flexible with my finishing time, I can't make the game, simple as that. I think there will be a few hundred people in the same situation, as believe it or not, job security is a lot more important than a football match.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Login to get fewer ads

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:26 - Feb 26 with 2850 viewsKenBoon

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:09 - Feb 26 by SandyDrum

Let me just put something into perspective for you seeing as you seem massively bothered about the amount of fans Newport took.

The average journey time from Newport - Wembley stadium by train is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Meaning anyone finishing at 5pm could still get to the game by the 7:45 kick off albeit at a push.

The average journey time by car from Newport to Wembley is 2 hours and 30 minutes...meaning anyone finishing work at 5pm could also just about get to the game for kick off.

The average journey time from Rochdale / Manchester - Wembley by train is 3 hours and 35 minutes, leaving anyone finishing at 5pm no chance of getting to the game without taking time off.

The average journey time from Rochdale / Manchester - Wembley via car is just over 4 hours...again leaving no chance.

As my boss is not being flexible with my finishing time, I can't make the game, simple as that. I think there will be a few hundred people in the same situation, as believe it or not, job security is a lot more important than a football match.

Your boss is a dickhead.
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:42 - Feb 26 with 2790 viewsRAFC_1990

Its not our biggest ever game.

Its just a good day out for whoever can make it.

A play off final is a hell of a lot bigger.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 12:01 - Feb 26 with 2743 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:42 - Feb 26 by RAFC_1990

Its not our biggest ever game.

Its just a good day out for whoever can make it.

A play off final is a hell of a lot bigger.

Then again. If we were to beat Tottenham you would have to say an away quarterfinal at either Swansea or Sheffield Wednesday should hold no fear. Then you are in Semi Final territory! 😮

...nurse...pass the medication please!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 12:19 - Feb 26 with 2682 viewsGlenn

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 22:44 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

Was it a Geoffrey Howe speech which was described as "like being savaged by a dead sheep" ?

A great number of those who followed Dale to Wembley in 2008 weren't even football fans, couldn't name any of the players and had absolutely no intention of visiting Spotland. RACFBLUE possibly hasn't met any of them, but i have - many of them work colleagues, including their wives/husbands and children who decided it'd be a good day out on a Bank Holiday Monday at the new national stadium. I'd say that accounts for at least half of the 17000. The rest, as others have said, just can't make it or have died!

A lad I work with is an Oldham fan. He went to the playoff final for a day out with a few mates.

Maybe I should ask him why he’s not bothering to make the effort to back Rochdale this week?
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 12:22 - Feb 26 with 2671 viewsfunkkk

On what planet can a team taking double their average home attendance to an away game ever be considered poor?! There’s loads of reasons why some people can’t attend the game which have been more than covered in this thread alone. And FWIW in no way is this game bigger than a Wembley play off final.
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 13:10 - Feb 26 with 2553 viewsD_Alien

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 12:19 - Feb 26 by Glenn

A lad I work with is an Oldham fan. He went to the playoff final for a day out with a few mates.

Maybe I should ask him why he’s not bothering to make the effort to back Rochdale this week?

Why are you asking me if you should ask an Oldham fan a daft question?

If you think i was complaining about people having a day out at Wembley, you've got completely the wrong end of the stick. Read my post in the context of the thread!

Tch.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 13:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 13:30 - Feb 26 with 2513 viewsJames1980

If it is not a sell out will you mind other clubs fans joining us? As long as they cheer on Dale and don't act like morons of course

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 14:58 - Feb 26 with 2355 viewsSandyDrum

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:26 - Feb 26 by KenBoon

Your boss is a dickhead.

You're preaching to the choir there!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 15:16 - Feb 26 with 2291 viewsGlenn

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 13:10 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Why are you asking me if you should ask an Oldham fan a daft question?

If you think i was complaining about people having a day out at Wembley, you've got completely the wrong end of the stick. Read my post in the context of the thread!

Tch.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 13:11]

Erm, I was agreeing with you.
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 2250 viewsD_Alien

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 15:16 - Feb 26 by Glenn

Erm, I was agreeing with you.

Fair enough

It reads like one of those "how dare you be critical of someone" -type responses, but thought it was odd given the context!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 2111 viewsmeeee

FFS, this 2 tickets at a time rule sucks. Got 6 mates down in London that want to come but I obviously can’t get them all tickets. Frustrating
Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:25 - Feb 26 with 2086 viewsboromat

Limit should have been lifted or upped either from the start or at least after seeing that we were not going to sell out after season ticket sales.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:54 - Feb 26 with 1995 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:21 - Feb 26 by meeee

FFS, this 2 tickets at a time rule sucks. Got 6 mates down in London that want to come but I obviously can’t get them all tickets. Frustrating

Six more potential London customers savaged by convenience it seems.

I'd suggest ringing the club either now or in the morning and asking that a bit of common sense prevails.

If we haven't sold all of our allocations then there seems no reason for a limit to be in place. Those who have tickets have the number they wanted and it seems silly to not sell spares to whoever might want them.

They can leave the tickets for collection on the East collection point like they have for all other telesales.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:56 - Feb 26 with 1989 viewsRAFCBLUE

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 11:09 - Feb 26 by SandyDrum

Thanks for the geography clarifications.

Sorry to hear you are missing the game because of your boss' attitude to flexible working arrangements.

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 17:27 - Feb 26 with 1902 viewsJames1980

The figure of 2 per person in the season ticket only period was the correct amount had it been 3 or more per person, they potentially could have sold out and some season ticket holders could have missed out. However it would have made sense to increase it from Sunday onward.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 17:32 - Feb 26 with 1883 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 16:21 - Feb 26 by meeee

You really need to contact the club and explain your situation - I'm sure they will be sympathetic and lift ticket restrictions on individual cases. Especially as tickets are available and cease to be sold from midday tomorrow.

Wembley tickets on sale tomorrow (Thursday) on 17:47 - Feb 26 with 1832 viewsaleanddale

I thought on open sale you can buy as many as you like?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024